What are some "cool" older cars that will appreciate in value later, but can be found cheap right now?

What are some "cool" older cars that will appreciate in value later, but can be found cheap right now?

I want a cheap project car while I'm a part-time student for the next two years, I love the old Datsun 240z's but it seems like their price has already started to climb out of the price range of an older car and into that of a vintage classic

Foxbody mustang lx coupes. They've all been beaten and turned into drag sluts. Now's the time to buy them, they get more expensive every year.

For some reason the Foxbody style just isn't appealing to me. But I can see how they might appreciate soon being the older version of a popular car

This. Any remotely clean fox body is already ~5k near me. 10 years ago they were half that.

240s may be out but a solid 260/280 can still be had for less than $6k, especially 280s and even more so the last two model years.

When will Hondas from the 90's get 'classic' value and increase in price ?

Mine's got 200k km and ty selling for about 1000usd in my. Country

>Hondas from the 90's get 'classic' value
maybe the preludes or del sol will gain value due to being "rare" but a 90s civic or accord is only going to be worth anything if it has exceptionally low miles.

Your Civic DX will never be worth more than 5 grand

Civic hatchbacks will go up in value

First gen RX-7 would be my guess

Only the type Rs, the low end ones will peak at less than 10 grand

can one of you cunts start sending foxbodies over here to the uk please.
i will pay you a 50% premium

F I E R O
I
E
R
O

S2000
300ZX maybe? First and second gen. It's a largely undiscovered future drift slut which means future car that gets put up on a faggy Facebook page for 5000 dollars even though all the panel's are different colors and still dented even though they were replaced. Welded diff. Runs good! Burns a little oil and has a rod knock. No low balls. Trade for any car of much greater value. I know what I got.

Think of any Japanese car that's had even a moderately sized "scene" from the past ~25 or so years. The ones that dominate JDM conversation or get their own "general".

In 20 or so years, they will be treated in the same way that late '50s to early '70s muscle cars are treated now.

>shell-only 500HP+ drag/track monsters

>"Japanese Classic" auto shows/meet-ups/rides

>low-mileage ones kept in museums as centerpieces and old enthusiasts' garages as weekend/summer rides

>high-mileage ones will eventually find their way to some asshole's barn/unkempt front yard and stay there unmaintained for over a decade until the prick slaps a five-digit price on it and tries to sell it on badge/model/chassis/engine alone
>they will continue to rot until the prick finally scraps it or fucks off and dies (in which case the prick's family will attempt to repeat the cycle until they just give up and scrap it themselves)

I think generally it's around the 15 year mark that stuff starts appreciating, usually it's sportier cars that kids could barely afford in high school or college, and they appreciate when those kids get real jobs and hit midlife and want to relive the glory days by buying that old car they used to have

Crown victoria.
Just wait for it guys it will happen,

>Crown Vic clubs
>some resto'd to factory-new, some modded to hell and back
>all tearing up the local tracks and autocrosses
>"Man, why did no one appreciate these when they were new?"
A man can dream.

Pontiac Fiero
Toyota MR2
Fox-body Mustangs (1979-2004)
turd gen F-bodies
C4 Corvettes
Nissan Z31 cars

The 280's were better cars in pretty much every way but don't suffer from the boomer tax as hard because muh nostalgia

DSM's are already rare by virtue of ricers and legendary Mitsu quality, a nice one in 10 years time will be a very special car indeed, it's already happening with the 3000GT VR4's.

Anything with hipster cred like an Austin Mini or VW Beetle are rising in demand. Older BMWs and Mercs are getting there but not really.

96 impalas will definitely become rare and classic in 10 years or so, its not easy to find clean ones these days.

AW11
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a clean one doubled in value in the next 5-10 years, theyre rusting away like crazy and the numbers of nice ones are plummeting

On a similar note:
>2006 Impalas and 2011 Mustangs will make a cult comeback due to a similar renewed fascination with Drive

bump

Stingray values are actually dropping quite a bit.

pretty much any car that wasn't made just to be a mean to get from point A to B will see a price rise
the most important factor is not desirability or importance to history, not even cult following or how actually good the car is

it's all about how many are left
supply and demand 101

take miatas for example, it's a good car, pretty important to the history if you consider it revitalized roadsters, has a huge cult following and as much as Veeky Forums hates to admit it, it's a desrieable little toy
and yet it's still relatively cheap

sure, well maintained models are already getting more expensive every year
but if there were less made it's price would skyrocket by now

94-95 cobra that is clean and doesn't have a ton of miles. seems like you can find 96-98 Cobras everywhere but harder to find the early 5.0 cobras.

>years since 1970 instead of years
>two names per axis, one of them is "t"
what kind of preschooler made this

I got a 97 cobra. You just need to know where to look. The only thing is that the 90's cobras are usually dirty/have damage.

question about those 4V Cobra's as I've been wondering for a while. What is required, short of forced induction or increasing displacement, to get them close to 100 HP per liter, and/or an 8,000 RPM redline. We all know the modular V8s are capable of it, I just never looked into it since it's cheaper to achieve the same goal with a GM LS motor.

Honestly, the Fiero isn't a bad route. Cheap as dirt and are finally starting to go up in value.

third and fourth gen camaros, also same model years pontiac and luxubarges like cadillac , lincoln, mercury, chrysler and so on (70s and 80s), especially the cadillac are still waiting to be appreciated

Del Sol? Really? Rarity alone does not determine value.

I'd say clean EF and EG Si will appreciate, along with the EM1 Si, DC2 GS-R and ITR. S2000 too. Your Civic EX will not appreciate.

So your explanation of supply and demand completely ignores the 'demand' part? Are you an idiot?

BMW E46, ideally low mileage m3. Just saw an e30 m3 go for 55k on eBay.

300zx z32. I think it's one of the most under appreciated Japanese 90s sports cars.

Porsche 914 2.0
CRX Si, Civic Sis from 1989-2000
BMW 635

What? Most people like them, they just know they are a fucking nightmare to work on.

Can't attest to the drag sluts comment

Literally all I see are these at my local strip. A few LSX swaps running pretty fast times