cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T_MwU0oQIBs?t=444
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rmhIgJbqM
youtube.com/watch?v=EwaRvALFRcQ
ebay.com/itm/AKRAPOVIC-TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-675-TITANIUM-SLIP-EXHAUST-2006-2008-/291799845221?vxp=mtr&hash=item43f0a04965
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i want frizzy to sit on my face

real thread

I like this thread

>i want kkk's sister to sit on my face

That thread is shit. This thread is better.

But thats rossishit

>tfw always breaking shit

this is why you can't have nice things.

Thoughts on this upcoming husky 701?

Can someone red pill me on the 2014 Honda Interceptor or VFR800. I found one brand new for $6500 and I'm considering trading in my FJ09 w/12,000 miles for it. The FJ is an amazing bike, wonderful power and torque but the riding position is less sporty than I'd like.

My biggest concern with the VFR is that it's about 40lbs heavier than my FJ while producing 20 less HP. Is that going to be a super noticeable difference?

Is that a concept model or is that how it's going to look production?

That filter looks dumb af. But not bad overall

Tru

I wonder it it'd be possible to design springloaded levers that pop off instead of break off, so you can just pop them back in when you get done cussing.

If it's not a replacement for the Nuda coming to the US I don't care.

Looks just loke that

Fold away levers are a thing but I never see them on offroad bikes

looks kind of uncomfortable, but then again I found no real issue with kawi seats

Not an offroader, but shouldn't those hand/brush guards kinda keep that from happening?

Vfr 800 is a godly bike.

Testride one

rekt at the right angle that it pushed the hand guard down and broke the lever.

youtu.be/T_MwU0oQIBs?t=444

kek

dealers in SoCal typically dont allow test rides for some reason. They do have demo days occasionally. Fuck it, if it's still there Sunday then I'll probably get it I guess

maybe you should get a horse

lol fucking noob

m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rmhIgJbqM

>fucked up fairings
>new kit with custom paint for $450
>considering going cafe racer, modding the shit out of bike after

which way do I go? Right now I'm keeping the plastics together with ABS cement and plastidip to mask the damage.

Pls, I'm a pro at crashing and breaking things.

>"""""honda durability"""""

Price out how much your modded naked bike would cost.

Can't really expect it to survive when you drop it directly on a rock m8

>gave tsundre coworker a ride again tonight
>take the long way home
>check phone upon arrival
>"hey user I'm going to bed but I hope you made it home safely"
Fug

did you even do a wheelie?

I've never converted to cafe racer before so I'm guessing ~$200 for a different headlight + mounting it and mirrors with integrated turn signals, up to ~$500 as I mod over time.

Hey guys, been a few days since I've lurked, no /dbt/ peeps have died since right?

Got a question for the many dr owners here
>had bike worked on recently
>apparently they made some contraption in the carb involving a spring to keep the needle in place (don't ask because I don't totally understand it)
>got bike back and wasn't running right for a while
>put new spark plugs in and now runs great
>making loud rattling sound now coming from the engine area, doesn't seem to be the skid plate or heat shield, can't think of any other part exterior it might be

Should I try removing spark plugs and putting them back in? I don't recall the sound until after putting them in and getting it running right. The place that worked on it didn't really say their might be a rattling sound but that's the only thing I can really think of. I'm 99% sure it isn't something serious because the bike only has 6000 miles on it and i've ridden several hundred miles on it with the noise. Any help is appreciated.

>take the long way home
youtube.com/watch?v=EwaRvALFRcQ

Glad this thread is the real one

street twin as a first bike.

bad idea? or /you'llbefineifyouaren'taretard/

Nop, she'd never been on a bike before and I'd never had a passenger before the other night
I'm also a fucking pussy

I WILL SELL MY DICK

YES

yeah, the other one is kinda sad.

Hey man, she seems to like you anyway, so keep doing what you're doing.

< anyone else like this kinda fairing?

While Rin rides my dick and Hane sucks on my toes.

what bike do you ahve?

Too expensive.

If you don't have the cash to buy a used sv650, get an fz07

Maybe check your cam chain tension?

If you have money violently spewing from all your orifices then sure.

>having a retard suck your toes
That has to be illegal somewhere

tell me more

Thinking on buying a Kawasaki Z800 or 1000. Thought on the bike?

Anyone ever go out for a ride and just end up riding like shit? Throttle control is fucked, clutch hand has the finesse of shitting out Gatti's pizza, missing shifts.

I don't know if I'm tired or what. But that felt terrible.

is the rattle all the time, speed dependent or rpm dependent?
can you tell what area or side its coming from?
is it audible only or can you feel it?

I usually cum once Hane starts sucking on my toes.

I know some aftermarket fairings are made of fiberglass, but are any production bike fairings? I know you can patch fiberglass and it can be strong and light weight, why don't you see it more often?

ugly as sin

ABS Plastic easier/cheaper to produce, still lightweight, bends and lightly scratches in crashes as opposed to fiberglass which grinds and snaps pretty easy.

rode an hour away through some twisties in the mountains, into a city there. Took a right turn onto a oneway downhill road..and they were doing construction. Road was torn up, loose fucking gravel everywhere, fucking holes in the ground, I dropped the bike.

Then I picked up the bike, accidentally had it in neutral because i'm a fucking idiot, and caught it as it rolled forward (didn't fall).

then I tried to move it out off the gravel hole bullshit and dropped it again.

No damage but feels shitty. fuck.

I dropped my bike onto my own car once.

Both were fine. Somehow.

At least you're alright user

I'm the dude with the fizzer

Eh, I think it'd look alright with different mirrors and exhaust.

When I took the MSF class I dropped the bike during the test out. My pride had never been so shattered.

Eh, sometimes I fuck up once or twice and feel a bit stupid but it's not usually something that occurs constantly during a ride.

my mom backed her van into my bike once. wasn't looking behind her at all.

we don't talk anymore

thanks user.

Dropping it didn't fail you out?

I dropped the instructor's bike at my first exam, which meant I failed, which meant more lessons and another attempt, which cost something like 300 €.
Gravel is a cunt. Did they not have signs telling you there was construction around the corner?

My instructors gave us two tries, did fine the second one

fiberglass is brittle and fragile.. something that would just scrape ABS plastic can easily crack or punch a hole in fiberglass. I own a 40+ year old fiberglass boat, it worries me every time I try to navigate the inundated timber fields on the local lakes. One of these days I'll be swimming to shore because a submerged stump punched a hole through the hull.

hmmm not sure about that because then it would be a quieter more constant rattle correct?
I can't tell if it only rattles after it gets warmed up or not, it seems like it kind of depends on the day but usually it doesn't do it right when taking off. I would say rpm dependent because I feel it in every gear and can accelerate past it and it's not there from the bottom of the gear. However it seems to be there at different rpms in different gears, for example its there really high in first but in the middle in 3rd 4th and 5th Hard to say WHAT RPM as the DR has no tach. And I would say just hear it maybe a slight feel but I'm having a hard time remembering.

wow, at my MSF course they told everyone before we even got on the bikes that dropping the bike at any point during the course was an automatic fail.

I went onto a road I knew had constrution at night but I didn't know it was all fucking grooved and shit. I was fishtailing going like 70 mph on a fucking dirt bike and not just once but it would go from grooved to fine like 5 different times you just had to clench your asshole and hope for the best.

Amazing taste

>Friend of mine decided to get into bikes
>starts class tomorrow
>ask me about bikes
>show him all styles
>he's in love with the m109r

I'm ok with this

take the upper chain roller off and go for a spin, ill check back around this time tomorrow

My guy was chill as fuck, he basically told us to drop them because he'd rather ruin the bikes they have than the ones we buy. I was on the ninja 250, it was the accelerate and then stop. I accelerated, stop, and I don't know exactly what I did but it kicked out from under me on the left and I basically sat on it. Pushed the turn signal into the frame, bent the shifter, it wouldn't shift properly. But the dude was just like "it won't be your last but at least you know how it feels". He said he bought a brand new Indian and let a student ride it and she drove it into a fence.

>tfw I get paid tomorrow and this is the cheapest i've seen this going for
The temptation is so real.

ebay.com/itm/AKRAPOVIC-TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-675-TITANIUM-SLIP-EXHAUST-2006-2008-/291799845221?vxp=mtr&hash=item43f0a04965

> she

It's already off m8, that being said I have a replacement screw in the hole but I don't think that would cause it.

I understand that leathers require more care than textile gear, but what exactly does that entail? Like how often do you use moisturizer on it etc?

What does /dbt/ think about cafe racers/streetfighters?

I dumped my stock baiku and it looks like with the amount of resale value I lost, and cost of replacement OEM parts, I'd actually enjoy the bike more and keep it longer if I went cafe racer and modded it over time.

How do I do this?

Do whatever you want with your bike

/dbt/ hates cafe fags.

>What does /dbt/ think about cafe racers/streetfighters?
Kill yourself.

>resale value I lost
Should have bought a GS500

That was quick

We told you not to buy new.
Buy a used bike. Change what you don't like. Use higher quality replacement parts if you wish so.
But don't ruin a perfectly decent bike by making it """custom""" (i.e. doing irreversible changes that look like shit and impair its functionality).

Make one and post heaps of pics here to relish in the (yous)

I haven't looked into cafe racers until recently so I'm not familiar: what changes do people make that ruin the bikes` functionality? I mostly see cosmetic changes and headlight swaps, in one case the guy dropped 70 lbs off the bike. I guess there's some work with suspension/forks, but I don't know what people do there.

My bike is used...insurance would call it a total loss though if I actually reported the damage. But damage is purely cosmetic and since my brother wants the bike, I figure I will ride it even when I have a new one, so I may as well pick at it and make it mine, yeah? Instead of only replacing the fucked up OEM fairings with custom chinese plastics or something.

tempting.

>sportbike riders

> changes that ruin functionality
Fucking around with the frame, mostly. Grinding parts off it etc.
Do what you want, it's your bike. But expect to be called a faggot here if all you do is cosmetic changes that don't appeal to the majority of posters here. If you want to make it your own and have /dbt/'s approval, replace suspension and brakes with quality components, get funky looking fairings that you paint yourself and make it a track bike.

what colour plastics should i get for my drz400 shitbike

Olive drab.

Orange/green/red so you can pretend it's a good bike

hey fuck you guy

Pink, hot fucking pink everywhere.

Honestly, I was just going to do a headlight swap and add an underbelly fairing. Maybe try to mimic the shivvy look. This is the cafe racer that changed my mind and had me consider trying a conversion.

I'll make my choice independent of /dbt/s baiku fashun opinion, but I do value input on the actual negatives of a conversion. I won't fuck with the bike hardware.

On the other hand, where could I get replacement fairings that aren't money-out-the-ass expensive or shitty chinese knockoffs?

I'm not your guy, pal!

im not your pal, buddy

..forgot pic

That's not a cafe racer and looks alright.
Also that's an Er6n.

I'm not your buddy, friend!