google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:
(Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-HONDA-VFR-750-F-G-WHITE-/291832123099?hash=item43f28ccedb:g:OWwAAOSwbsBXm6Cu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still can't into webms with sound on this shitty board.

2nd for rossi is a closet homo

nice last 2 digits, friend!

are all austrians this ugly?

How often should I use leather care stuff on a full suit? After every ride? Every time I don't wear it for a few days?

That's because sound is only allowed on /wsg/ and /gif/.
Host them on there or on uguu.se or whatever the weebs are using nowadays.

theres a dbt thread in wsg, post there and link your content

reminder that honda a shit

Hey /dbt/, I'm looking for a specific kind of bike after my fazer. Requirements:
-wet weight 190kg at most
-naked or half faired
-low seat - 780-810mm at most
-decently comfy
-90-120hp

So far I've found three:
-Striple (perfect imo)
-MT-09 (too expensive, not as good as Striple)
-CBR 600rr pc40 (fully faired, not comfy, but considering it)

Are there any other bikes that fit my needs? Can't seem to find them, so far Striple would be my choice, but I want to know all the options I have.

dual sports :)

you're a piece of shit

Striple gets my vote they're great bikes.
Guess you could also check out the xj6 unless you want something different.

Xj 6 feels underwhelming after fzs, less power and same weight.
No offroading, so not an option. I'm considering a small enduro as a second bike though.

Admit it, you are actually the dumbfuck who jammed a screwdriver in there before wheeling it to your garage, and now you want to know how to get it running.
Cheeky bastard.

CBF600S was my first bike. Fun to drive, more than enough power for outside the track riding, never had any problems with even even when I bought it from shady-ish dealership (small print on the contract said "Sold as spare part vehicle" or something like that.)

gixxer 600 k6

About to buy some biking gear

Torque or leather and what do you lads wear on a sunny day?

Cheers bros

i'm thinking of taking a really long trip, and i want some new riding gear anyway.

could anyone point me toward some good value, rainproof wear that's flexible and that fits a sportbike?

Hot weather combat boots, jeans and a t.

And a mx helmet

> Torque
Assuming you mean textile:

> textile or leather
Depends. What kind of riding do you do? How much safety are you willing to give up for comfort? How much are you willing to spend? Preferences in terms of looks?

> sunny day
Textile or perforated leather. Textile is more comfy, especially innacity.

ATGATT

>Corbin seat has finally shipped after 5 weeks

Thank god

Anyone know why Kawasaki stopped making 500cc bikes after 2005?

I got a full textile suit with removable rain & winter liners, wear it year-round. If trackdays become a regular thing for me, I'd invest in a dedicated set of leathers.

On a sunny day, ATGATT relies on well-designed vents to be comfortable. Even with just the crash protection layer, all the vents in my textile suit barely work while I'm just walking around. While riding, airflow keeps me in good comfort tho.

Whats better for traveling? Mostly road with some minor offroading.
>500cc twin
>650cc single
pic somehow realted

twin

Outdoor Research Foray jacket.
Got mine on Amazon for like $110 (msrp is $200 I think)
Has full length zips from the bicep to the waist on both sides that can unzip or zip up or down or both (two zipper pulls on them) which greatly enhances mobility and accessibility to pockets under the jacket. Packs down to size of a small chip bags. Good adjustable hood. Goretex construction is durable and OR is one of the few brands that still has an unlimited lifetime guarantee. Highly recommend, best shell I've ever owned.

because 500cc is the most boring engine displacement and they rather spend their knowledge on H2R SUPERCHARGED 1000CC 400KM/H bike than boring beginner bike ala honda

>Helmet
Arai Signet Q (White)

>Jacket
Bilt Predator leather jacket (White/ Black)

>Gloves
Bilt Sprint gloves (White/ Black)

>Pants
Jeans. May get Icon DKR overpants later.

>Boots
Rocky MobiLite Men's work boots.

>Bike
2015 Harley Iron (Sand Camo)

I want to know the real reason, not your personal taste in bike.

how the fuck do people wear these gloves out in public

how fucking embarrassing

Are Honda VFR 750s good bikes?

Looking at this

ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-HONDA-VFR-750-F-G-WHITE-/291832123099?hash=item43f28ccedb:g:OWwAAOSwbsBXm6Cu

On their hands I'm assuming
Yes

first bike?

No, ridden a Triumph scrambler for a year.

no one gives a shit buddy. try that with a 1000 lb goldwing

500cc is kind of a pointless class. isn't that right around when they came out with the 300?

could be a good bike for you then. take her for a test ride.

Does your bike have a good online community? Lots of good forums and technical advice?

I've bee pleasantly suprised with my R1150RT, plenty of old school boomer shade tree mechanic type knowledge out there. And basically an entire self-written service manual for anything you'd reasonably want to tackle yourself.

Especially nice when the local dealership's labor rate is $115/hour.

Thanks for the info mates, think I'll get some textile clothing, possibly a mt helmet and whatever cheap motorbike gloves I can find.

Are motorbike boots neccessary?

I've got some walking boots that could probably do the job

Don't let someone post the picture of the de-gloved foot.

Get leather work boots if you're going to be a cheap fuck.

>Are motorbike boots neccessary?
Depends on how much you value your feet.

Just get some regular work boots

>de-gloved foot.

Lol wat

Yeah Ill look into some of them, wanted to know how badly my feet injuries will be if I ever crashed without motorbike boots

650 is better

Once you use a good pair of boots you'll never want to go without.

The sole grips much better on pegs and pavement, you feel much firm from the ankle. Also they look pretty cool to be honest.

Leather boots are highly recommended. Your feet are really nothing but tendons with a small layer of muscle and paper thin layer of skin. It doesn't take much to rip your feet apart.

If you want a more tennis-shoe-looking footwear then check out Icon, Spidi, or Joe Rocket. They make some nice looking stuff that they claim will stand up to road rash. Some of them come with ankle protectors too.

>wanted to know how badly my feet injuries will be if I ever crashed without motorbike boots
You won't have feet

Toes ground to the bones m8. Feet don't have that much meat on them, seriously the one thing I wouldn't skip when it comes to gear is boots.

The picture that convinces most people to get good boots.

You don't want to see it, you want to get good boots.

POST THE FOOT DAMMIT

>trying to resist the urge to finance bike
>don't even ride that much
I just want to look at it.

blue board

Does this front tire need to be replaced?

I watched the new Bourne movie yesterday and there was a long scene involving bikes.
Anyone IDs this bike?

You got a bit longer

>riding home across France
>27km long straight roads through wheat fields
>rain
God damn this is painful.

better than me
>riding in kuala lumpur with my underbone bike
>still stuck in traffic with heavy rain/full blast from the sun
i cant ride my er6f for fuck sake

The tread looks OK in the picture but it looks a lot more shallow IRL. Is there any definitive way to gauge how much is left?

Wear has still a bit to go but it looks old and stiff.

wr125

How often is too often to be texting this dude about his bike
After cancelling our meetup last Saturday he told sent me a text Monday saying he will let me know about this weekend the next day (Tuesday). I don't want to pester him but I'm going out of town next week and don't want it to be sold while I'm away.

Looking at getting a first bike with very little riding experience. Had my eye on an FZ07 but there aren't any within like 200 miles of where I live.

The kawi dealership nearby has a Ninja 300 ABS they're trying to offload and I was able to get them down to like 4k out the door. Basically my question is this: how much would I regret getting a Ninja 300 as my first bike instead of an SV650 or FZ07?

Depends, if you like going slow maybe you'll have fun on the 300

stay safe mad man

>27km long straight road

I'm used to nothing else but straight flat roads, stop being a baby

just buy the single... everybody loves large capacity singles, as long as you are happy cruising at 85 mph

Husqvarna 501? the swing arm looks similar

>ninja 300
>4k

Buddy, if you plan on having any kind of motorcycle career outside of vanilla commuting 50+ miles/day (which is the only reason to KEEP a bike like a ninja250/300), then I would steer far away.

Find a used 250 on CL for $1500 or so and learn on that for a few months.

IF you want to start bigger, fine, but you'll have to wait for the right opportunity. Don't get memed into a 300 purchase and then dump even more money into an akropameme exhaust.

What's wrong with straight roads?

> still more than a week until the next MotoGP weekend
Kill me now pls

>risk it and get cheap chinese plastics with custom paintjob
>go (somewhat) naked and swap out headlight

what do i do dbt

what bike?

You the guy with the Ninja 650 """cafe racer"""?
Naked + round headlight.

>implying chinese fairings aren't great

Don't hold that against me. :(

I looked for erf6n shrouds, 06-08 are expensive to get in US but apparently '11 will fit.

i wouldn't know.

>Don't hold that against me. :(
Just teasing, I found it funny. Seriously though, try being less retarded (regarding your anecdotes).

er6-n's look better anyway.

evens stay in
odds go out

sv650
it's obvious really

another great decision made by dbt

>til the next Marquez win
can't wait

Why ride when you can shitpost?

>anecdotes
I left out some other majorly stupid, more serious, things I've done, actually. I'll wise up or die eventually. Ironically, I'm pretty smart outside of riding.

Yeah I agree. I've gotten over the faired look, but custom paint is sorta appealing.

I'm hoping Dani gets a win soon. He's so qt.

Pls don't die user.
Also look, you could do this to an Er6

Thanks man, I'll try to stay alive.
That looks pretty good for what it is, admire that dedication.

I'm just trying to pick out a headlight I like first.

>tfw too poor for a bike

Where to go for a ride? Pls help

Summoning fkg
With what tyres did you do SEM?
>are they tkcs?

Hopefully a place where you won't get shot.

true.

Nah its safe out there (relatively), just dont know where to go and its 18:30 already

suicide
next to whiskey

This might be the riciest thing I'll ask but

any ideas where I can get/how to set up a loud but portable speaker that I can plug in to an LED kit, mounted on the bike, that synchronizes with sound?

Basically, I want to ride with LEDs, but when parked be able to enjoy music visually.

Like a portable nightclub.

you know we wouldn't have the fucking problem of having multiple threads if people would just link the next fucking thread in the old one

or if you'd all stop being fucking autists

We wouldn't have that problem if people waited for the thread to be on page 10 to make a new one, but Veeky Forums is a retard board.