/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

The only good cvnt is a dead cvnt edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Patch 5.11(LIVE):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0511/

>Patch 5.12 PT notes (SOON): worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/0512-public-test/
>BB bow nerfs reversed, DD armor nerfs reversed as well
>"repair cost" replaced with a flat service charge

>British cruisers announcement (SOON™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/

>Imperial Japanese Navy destroyer tech tree rework (WEEBS™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/new-jpn-dd/

RUMOR MILL (SUBS)
forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/96120-submarines-are-coming/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
na.wows-numbers.com/

>Useful Information:
pastebin.com/ec862KsG

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Ubermensch Clan:
NA: [HURTU]: na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000010943/

>Untermensch Clans:
NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
NA: [NTR]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007315/
EU: "no"

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSI9z407mWk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQyi0l5cTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Excellent OP, well done

sink tight, sucker

what did he mean by this

>tfw you can pin point exactly on where you got carried by a div mate

>Div reporting each other
Just like good old WoT day

/Blog

>daily 100% game booster
>Get uptiered to tier 9
>everything can outrun and out range me
I sure love spending my daily booster on chasing people around the map for 20 mins. How fun

>First win
>It's 13 unicum teammate vs some red shitters

wat

>tfw your team has a division with two Myogis and New York in a T5-7 game, but half of enemy team is clueless and you carry too hard

>Want to Bayern
>Stock Bayern

wew lad

>Stock anything

stock konig was comfy prove me wrong

Hmmmmm

Didn't mean to quote.

>fuck you raptor, you promised to bring AA specced ships, im going to suicide because i cant play like this, its too hard

Did cleve's muzzle velocity get unfucked at some point?
It seems somewhat less glacial than it used to be.

The Anus twitches

>Arpeggio of Blue Steel ending soon, tho no yamato yet
>H A I F U R I out of all american animes out there starting with a T6 DD possibly with american 100mm repeating turrets despite all the balans and historical accurancy
>KanColle might be next
how much money are you willing to trhow when JEWS COLLIDE to make all the good goy weeaboos happy?

youtube.com/watch?v=tSI9z407mWk

You must be using the balans))))) version of Cleveland, called Budyoniy, because there was no changes to it in last few patches

>Haifuri Graf Spee

I'm honestly torn as to whether I should be happy we might get a Deutschland or go nuclear at the thought of an anime skin and the moeblob captain.

look, if you offer me a Suzuya themed Mogami

i'm willing to give away a lot of my pride

this man knows

I've had enough of the lemmingtrains
10 players FFA fucking when?

>"american anime"
>kancancer
>a dead show no one cares shout

You have to return to Reddit.

>this entire fucking post

Haifuri skins shouldn't look too out of place desu

Maybe you're spoiled by AFT

American destroyer > all
in regards to FFA capacity.

recently I gave up playing anything but USN DDs
this way, no amount of retards in team can take fun away from me
>shred every other DDs at close range
>invisitorp shitters
>fast and maneuverable enough to escape when things get hot
>decent concealment
>smoke up and shit HE everywhere

I love the Yellow Rose of Texas!

Play Russian DDs because it'll only get better.

>tfw considering killing people because no gf
Glad I'm past that phase

>no xXx_1776_FREEDOOM_xXx camo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQyi0l5cTs

Liked it cause it's the only vid I can find were Yellow Rose of Texas is playing with some Texas gameplay in the background

Technically speaking, shouldn't Montana be better than Yamato? It was designed to counter it after all.

it is better

>better AA
>easier to move around in thanks to the better profile
>more guns

>Technically speaking, shouldn't [insert sovok paper boat] be better than [any other boat]? It was designed to be the best boat ever after all.

Tier VIII Premium Littorio Class BB Roma when?

Salve Italia

The brits are coming next right? So we should be expecting brit premiums first.

>russian paper ships are allowed to have performance based on wishes
>burgers should've won the war)))))

Yes. But that's a technicality

Technically Slav destroyers should both exist and be able to do their sanic speed. Same for the cruisers.
technically, IRL Brit cruisers used HE, but not ingame they don't.

There's a large difference between IRL and ingame

>should
shouldn't*

like in tonking it's much more about sustainability rather that effective powerr

>Better bote then Hotel
>Designed when USN knew basically nothing on the Hotel.

Only thing Montana was designed to be immune to the 16" Mk 8 AP shell.

I forgot to add between 18,000 and 31,000 yds

how much is that in meters

you also forgot to add that the montanas FCS was much 10000% better than the Yamatos. Same for the Iowa

Battleship Weekend )))))))

visual rangefinders were good enough, just susceptible to weather and smoke

would be real nice to see target acquisition in game be influenced by type of rangefinder but that would really hurt DDs

Shot down as many planes as an Iowa haha AA is balanced!

>visual rangefinders were good enough
wat

Not when you're shooting past a few KM. You just have to compare the Iowa hit rate to the yamatos. look at Nav weapons.
Rangefinders will not be nearly enough to fight a ship with good FCS

good job

it's CVnt week

I made lodes of exp thanks to the sinking of BBs mission.

Isn't firing range determined in some way by range finder already?

From Patch 5.3
Albany: her firing range and viewing distance were recalculated. This time, a different detection device is used: a portable range finder (with 0.8 m distance between optical axes) which could be mounted on her crow’s nest. Her firing range was extended from 6,350 m to 8,470 m. Her viewing distance was increased from 8,200 m to 13,180 m.

kys cvnt

>to be immune to 16 inch
In game can be penned by Cruisers

Damn should have read better

And back when Montana was designed, to counter Yamato, USN thought Yamato was using 16 inch guns.

WoWS gameplay is specifically designed to fight at close ranges, where visual rangefinding was good. The ranges at where visual rangefinding loses its effectiveness are not represented in the game, so radar is a moot point.

Gotta make cruisers viable. Cruisers were not designed to fight out a battleline slugfest.

range was compressed equally for all weapons

the rangefinders simply don't matter in game. has they be coded many dds wouldn't smoke because radar would make it useless

Aw aren't you cute

>The ranges at where visual rangefinding loses its effectiveness are not represented in the game
>firefights don't take place at more than 10km
Are you being retarded on purpose or are you just making shit up as you go along?

wait

doesn't wg calculated the Japanese rangefinders based on their few working radar? yamato literally poached a working set from a cruiser wasn't it

aman, juju, this is Coding. Sorry I DC'd.

Not necessarily taking either side here but I remembered finding something which might be of interest recently
>Such progress is clear in American and British surface fire control. From the information obtained it is clear that the Japanese, too, have progresses with their surface fire; but, with one exception, they have dropped a little astern in the race. The one exception is the device for minimizing dispersion at long ranges. From examination of the device it appears to be far from perfect, to be unnecessarily complicated, and to have numerous weaknesses; but its potentialities were clearly demonstrated in the Leyte action on October 1944 and due credit must be given.
>The lack of good radar in Japanese surface fire is offset to some extend under certain conditions by their excellently grouped salvos, and, in general, their surface fire is, there fore, not much inferior to that of other navies.
t. US Naval Technical Mission to Japan

Seems like they weren't half bad at gunnery in good conditions which is pretty much all we have in the game.

yeah, their gunnery wasn't bad at naked eye range aka 10km and below due to their use of Optics and rangefinding. but past 10k you notice a large dip in accuracy due to the fact Japanese fire control systems were fucking awful

>yamato literally poached a working set from a cruiser wasn't it
Did you just make that up on the spot? The Type 22 Radar was an indigenous development based on the Type 21.

we wus equal n shit

usn DDs would successfully smoke against ijn ships but the reverse wouldn't happen

also that sounds like a kid we have

user, I...

>range was compressed equally for all weapons
kek

>New Mexico class
>Range @ Max Elevation (15°): 21.95km

>Dunkerque class
>Range @ Max Elevation (35°): 41.7km

Why does her torso appear as thick as her shoulders?

Shit drawing/10
Not cute/10

Maybe her tits pushing up the light dress?

What tits?

That's the common factor for foreign ships when filled with American seamen.

Fuck, girls are like supposed to have breasts, at least they did have last I checked.

those radars never worked well

yamato radar was commissioned out of a radar of a ship that has a working set

Not to mention that Prinz has quite an impressive pair of dem bewbs, if you catch my drift.

Yes, the Yamato's radar was a development of the Type 21 tested by battleships Hyuuga and Ise, mounted in May 1942. And yes they weren't functional.

But you're still pulling things out of your ass if you're claiming that Yamato poached it from a cruiser.

>only shot at German Battleships and Destroyers all game
>slugged it out with a G Kurfurst in a cyclone like 2 knights in a fistfight
>Fired a good salvo at 14k while he was turning away, just as time was running out
>Citadel

If you hit the G Kurfurst at long range or when he is turning out, you have the best chance to do it, but you have no chance up close.

If you can get through the 50mm of deck armor without bouncing, the citadel top is only 150mm, and the gun barbettes are only 220mm thick.

>they weren't functional
as in most Japanese search radars, due to poor build quality and limited Japanese experience. If built correctly they were functional enough.

SEA is such a fucking shit server holy moly. Why the fuck can't I transfer my account yet WG?

>We saved and keep German U-boats for future generations to see
>Did not save Prinz for future generations to see

I can understand why the USN wanted to sink Nagato really bad, Muh Pearl Harbor, but why did they have to throw Prinz in there as well?

>reading about the 46cm mounts
>There was only one serious accident during this time, - and that was a fatal one. A man was killed in the space between the shell and shell handling room, by being cut in two by a shell bogie. This was thought to be due to his own carelessness.
;_;

Weren't they trying to but the engine got broken and they didn't know how to fix it?

Why else were they going to do with her?
They certainly weren't in desperate need of ships like some of the other nations that got ships as war prizes, and I really get the feeling nobody would have been much interested in paying for the upkeep to have her as a museum over another American ship in the States.

>willing to make a radioactive boat into a museum
really now

maybe printz should get its own glowpanties

Why didn't they just store her with the Ghost Fleet and give her back to the German a few years latter?

Nagato was sinking anyway, the nukes weren't even what did it in. The Japanese didn't have the resources to make repairs and the Americans sure as hell weren't about to do it. Not when they were scrapping and nuking their own ships too.

Obviously I meant before she became radioactive

Nagato wasn't going to live anyways, no matter what happened, Pearl Harbor was still fresh in everyone's mind. They even placed her right next to the bomb to make for sure that she might go under.

On the iowa, some guy was fucking around with a shell then loaded it. the shell malfunctioned and exploded killing everyone on the turret on knocking the gun from it's turret. Like 47 people inside the turret died

Japan's man FC issues were they could not fire and manuever simultaneously,

They had radar but it was purely for acquisition and not directly tied into the FC system,

Of course by the time any of this became relevant most of the IJN was already a coral reef

By the time they would have felt okay about giving her back to the Germans she would have been not only obsolete, but probably be in such disrepair that it wouldn't have been worth it.
And I daresay nobody was going to be the guy to order a bunch of money to go to keeping it afloat over American ships just so they could go ahead and rearm the Germans.

I guess the only reason we kept the German U-boats that are still on display is cause it didn't take a whole like of money to upkeep a sub?

>yfw Prinz's special place glows in the dark

Probably, the U-505 that's in Chicago has a tonnage of like 1,100 t compared to the Prinz which is like ~17,000 t.
It'd make sense, especially because the U-boats were probably of more interest than a German surface ship.