/hou/ Life Support edition

Con't from >15554604

Well the mini meet went well, came to a few decisions and it went smoothly without any arguments. Doing these face to face is so much better. So now instead of one meet, there will be two meets, a day cruise and a Night run/cruise.

onto.. THE NEWS:

- Night meet details can be found → #

- Dagumi updated the wiki, under appreciated work. → #

- Coffee and Cars on Saturday → #

- Friday mini meet was banter and chill → #

- The ultimate question → #

- Butthurticus finally gets to attend a meet. → #

- Even though we are all poorfags, but maybe we can fund this project for Dagumi and build this car together. It will be a great project car, something that all us can feel good about.

- Made videos of hightlights and the cruise back. youtube.com/watch?v=bx6A4wA-U4A [Open] & youtube.com/watch?v=Ppd_fWujsYA&feature=youtu.be [Open]

Well that's it for now!

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

>Join us for a chat
app.groupme.com/join_group/23408529/tr6qiN

>ZeeMaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

>Check out our website & Wiki
nightwave.nfshost.com/
night-wave.referata.com/wiki/Houston_Night_Wave

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
>instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/5703807898.html
abc13.com/news/man-valets-porsche-at-galleria-hotel-workers-give-car-to-wrong-person/1454705/
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5674638807.html
carparts.com/details/ReplaceXL/Bumper_Cover/R-REPF760152P.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8pC9BRCqrq37zZil4a0BEiQAZO_zrNjfPaHVtztKp4kAtHUUJg4hfctLRPOOZ5rXAyrT76kaAtwy8P8HAQ
ebay.com/itm/Ford-LTD-Chrome-/322215638884?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4b058c7764:g:mDgAAOSwtnpXok8U&item=322215638884
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good morning, /hou/

good morning friends

Hey ya'll, the Corolla project is still up on gofundme
(dot)
com/2h6apfmk

So there is a meet happening at Bear Creek Park and I'm thinking we should just pass by when coming back from Coffee & Cars.

neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/5703807898.html

This you faggot?

That's the one we are going to buy if people split up the bill.

Ahhh you're trying to buy it. NOLA faggot here, was contemplating looking at the car when I first saw it, then saw the rest of it and went NOPE.

Also
>tfw contemplating going to Houston for a foxbody because the stupid hicks here want 6k for a rusted and gutted piece of shit.

I hope another Katrina wipes this shit hole out after I leave.

$6k?! KEK

>I hope another Katrina wipes this shit hole out after I leave.
We were thinking to do a Tri-State meet up or something, just don't know when.

Dude wanted 8.3k for a stock fox body with 90k on the clock, probably closer to 190k. No rebuilds, nothing. Interior was nice, I'll give him that, but not 4k markup nice. These people are insane around here.

There are literally no good cars here. So fucking jealous of how quickly an MR2 or Fox can be picked up in Houston.

Looking to buy a first car in Houston for about $2k, I want something that I can daily with, any recommendations?

Corolla or civic

Used maxima desu

Looks like a lot of spam on Veeky Forums pushed our thread off the board. Saw quite a few repeat threads in the archive.

I fucking hate LA traffic. The meetups in socal are limited because even two guys living in LA can be three hours apart. That's honestly my only gripe with our meets. We have a lot of users in LA but we could never have a regular meetup in the city, it's just as much of a drive as a touge meetup. Anyways, I'm totally jelly of Houston, you guys have a good thing going.

I want something more exciting than that, I was thinking an old E30

I saw a used BMW Z3 for 4k on craiglist. I had thought about picking it up for shits and giggles, maybe give it to my cousin's daughter when I'm done with it.

we have an e30 owner here he would probably chime in soon about dailying his e30. He actually sort of drove around western America and came back without a single breakdown iirc

abc13.com/news/man-valets-porsche-at-galleria-hotel-workers-give-car-to-wrong-person/1454705/

So you're saying I can just pick up a Porsche for free?

only if you're black apparently, seems totally legit.

shit if that were me valeting that car i'd demand a ticket and double check it if he's dindu

p fucked up, no way to track it down? you think he chimped out after driving it all night and burned it down?

what a day
>hard work
>last day before week off
>hoping car is going to be done
>call the dealership
>engine that they were getting with 10k less miles is apparently a shit
>good news tho they are getting a brand new honda factory block
>they are checking the head now
>if thats good to go they will get the block and drop it in
>kinda bummed i wont have car for another eternity
>kinda happy i got a new motor coming
>hang up phone and go take a piss
>washing hands and go to wash face in sink
>lean over and phone falls out of top cigarette pocket into sink water
>pick up, dry off, turn off, disassemble, put in a bag of rice
JUST fuck my shit up senpai
its not the end of the world but its so insanely annoying not having my phone, especially when off work
plus i dont have anything backed up and dont know any passwords to apps and bullshit on that phone
hopefully its fine. ill turn it on tomorrow

anyone have any suggestions for upgrades to the head while its out? or a new galaxy 4 phone or similar for sale?

this is tacoma btw

do the rice thing for 24hrs + use a hair dryer

At least you'll be able to make it to the Night Wave meet.

damn 24? shit its gonna be a long day

actually i dont think i will be able to make the next one because im gonna be on vacation late august to early september

im thinking my car is gonna be in the shop for maybe 3 more weeks realistically, but they havent given me any time frame at all
ill find out more monday

I meant the wangan which we will do in a week or so

next week brochacho

bring camry

Bang those ladybois

After browsing craigslist a bit, I noticed that the E30 prices have increased a lot more than before. So I'm considering other vehicles as well.

I want something comfy, decently fast, reliable, easy to work on, has a nice design, preferably rwd, auto/manual doesn't matter to me much.

As mentioned in previous post, my budget is $2k, but I'm willing to go $3k if it's something really nice.

Just use a name, dude, it's not that hard.

anyone want to go this autox with me?
>please respond

probably like 90% sure taking the E30. going to bring a decent set of tools, mini air pump, spare fluids, and a chair. catch me sitting sideways with body roll cranked to 100% with a WAT sticker on the back of my helmet

Should have bought the waterproof Galaxy S7 senpai.

What are you talking about? What's bad about it?

its a meme he never uses a name and follows his posts up this is tacoma by the way but its so obvious that it's his post because he types just like this

Watching some of those NCal videos and I gotta say, their roads are infinetly better than the ones we got here in flatonia. But they also drive the speed limit.

>California has better roads

Wow, no shit.

I've said for a long time that California is wasted on Californians.

You should go with a miata, they fit your criteria well.

salvage title 350z

or a decent upper 90s brostang gt

can be cheep and gud and brutty reliable.

We have many members who are pretty good with mechanics.

oh yeah i just saw this and checked
i should be able to make that
they are so big tho
if it doesnt work i will definitive get something water proof
i just want a galaxy that fits in my pocket
wow i never noticed this
evertime
>hit post
>shit i forgot to sign it
>no one will know who i am
lol gti i know thats your thing
but im more of a pussy kinda guy

tacoma btw

Miata's are too feminine for my taste

I would love to get a 350z but I think it's way out of my range and as for mustangs I don't really enjoy them.

We'll meet up at this location, I'll be there before 7 or so.

Final call for Coffee & Cucks:

The roster so far with a maybe

Ultra Violet
GS400fag
E30 Vert
GTIGuy
FocusST
Dagumi

Who else?

who were those stalkers from last time?
I know they posted, but what car

They never showed their cars, they walked to the rooftop to "meet" us there but just took pics and walked away.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5674638807.html

>save extra 500
>decimate all on touge

I'm trying; if nobody dies between now and 6:00 AM, I should be there.

is this dracula or turbo snail? kek

idk how I missed this post
I would love to do this

When I get my car back
And I have the money and time to do it
Assuming it matches my strange schedule

If ultra violet does before 6am I'll be there.

Dies*

Dracula. I forgot my trip because I was posting in other threads.

>check time home
>35 minutes
>check as I'm about to leave
>45 minutes
>2 accidents added

every fucking day

Ah ok I know both of y'all deal with medical ickies for a living so I was confus

I drive an autotragic Fiesta. This time I'll actually come up and talk.
>/hou/ touch ups when?

I deal with sterilization of medical instruments used on primarily living beings. Dracula fondles dead bodies for dank pay. Wish I was him.

Good to know, meet us around 7.

As for touchups, there are a few of us looking to repaint parts of our cars, do you want to do the whole bumper or just that area?

I'd probably need a whole new bumper paid out of pocket since the guy hit it while parked and didn't leave any info.
On a side note, can anybody bring a razor to the meet? I need to remove some stickers

You can find an E30 for $2k, but you're not going to daily it unless you put in a good $3k in on top (at least) to replace wear items and parts. When I got mine I was mechanically inept, so I took it to a BMW/Merc guy and got the timing/water pump done, all hoses and coolant replaced, plugs and wires replaced, drive shaft replaced, trans flushed, and replaced the stock shifter assembly with one from a Z3, among lots of other little tiny things I was able to manage myself at the time. Only after all that was it DD-able, and it was a $3500 car to start with (overpaid a bit, but the E30 market has caught up to that price point by now).
If you want to DD an E30, which you should consider because it's a fantastic experience, you're going to either pay a lot for a car someone already fixed, or you're going to pay a little for a car YOU will have to fix. Most parts aren't outrageously priced, so if you can find an early model/metal bumper car that has been at least modestly taken care of, it could totally be a fixer-upper.
Your best bet is an 87-88. The metal bumpers are generally less desirable (which is shit because I think they're quirky) which reflects in the price, but the 84-86 models (325i, but possibly also the 318i) had an outdated fuel injection system that can be kinda shitty and make the car run a little rough.
Pic related is mine. The Odometer quit a couple days ago right above 291k miles, and she's still kicking, even after 5000 miles to the west coast and back.

carparts.com/details/ReplaceXL/Bumper_Cover/R-REPF760152P.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjw8pC9BRCqrq37zZil4a0BEiQAZO_zrNjfPaHVtztKp4kAtHUUJg4hfctLRPOOZ5rXAyrT76kaAtwy8P8HAQ

ill bring a razor

Noice. Thanks

>Missing a clutch and flywheel

Nigga what. How do those just dissapear

>eating chicken fried rice with chopsticks
>watching initial d

does life get any better than this???

how many gbp

I'll try to be there by 7 or before. My car is dirty as he'll because of dat downtown life, but i'll be there.

yeah, eating it with a spoon?

are you wrapped up in a blanket with the a/c blasting?

it gets better

I've never watched Initial D

I should probably do that.

where 2 cop at this time?

the food, that is

With all the time you've spent sitting on your broken ass you never watched Initial D?

What is wrong with you?

stream it we can both pop our cherries on some D

>there are members of /hou/ RIGHT NOW that have never seen Initial D

I'm okay with this. And I am not okay with this.

G-guise am I too early?

Woke up at 6:30 for alarm to go to C&C, decide not to as i realize how hungover i am. Don't drink shitty beer until 4A.M. and try to get up at 6:30 am, it don't work.

Dracula do you like these things?

ebay.com/itm/Ford-LTD-Chrome-/322215638884?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4b058c7764:g:mDgAAOSwtnpXok8U&item=322215638884

I don't watch anime, really. I think the last anime I've watched was Fullmetal Alchemist a good 6 years ago. I had a big list of shit I want to watch, including Legends of the Galactic Heroes and Initial D but I'm sleeping all the time or I'm playing vidya games. You would think a fat fuck neckbeard like myself would be all over it, but I'm not.

You don't even have a beard. You can't ruse us NORMIE.

I used to, and I grow a neckbeard every week and shave it off.

>Proud of autism spectrum-tier facial hair.
>Pretending to be a wizard when really just Norman SCUM.

kek

E30 A/C is kill again

name rip

>parks in front of the White House

dis nigga president

I hope you guys like the idea of having an active thread again ill be commencing dump to keep myself awake at work

Because the time it takes to edit one picture, I can only dump one at a time, every 30 minutes.

Was a good time besides the heat. Lots of the same shit, but also some really cool cars here and there.

I don't care if I have shitty pics sc will chime in with the good ones on instagram

Needs more stickers what a filthy casual

Not bad but I would have made them park the cars equal distance from the line or I would have shot from a different angle.

I took three shots and had literally three seconds to take it. There are just too many people here to take any decent shot.

ferrari check
token blonde bimbo passenger seat ornament check

GO GO GO GO
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

where the fuck does that bitches neck end? tha fuck?

Looks like a frat dude borrowed his dad's ferrari