If my oil pump is failing, would rubbing some light premix help out a bit?

If my oil pump is failing, would rubbing some light premix help out a bit?

Swap in ecoboost instead

Low oil pressure means your bearings are shot bro ;)

Fuck ecoboost
Fuck bearings

Enjoy being slower

I really don't care

k, stay btfo cuck

K, now anser my question pls

fuck your question

Fuck your statement cuk

No.

Replacing the oil pump will help out a bit.

Unless you have some shit car, buy a pump.

Dain oil, remove oil pan, find pump, replace pump, remove the gasket from oil pan, apply liquid gasket let it set, once dry reattach, bolt down to CORRECT TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS!!!

And enjoy working oil pump.

destroyed by economical boost once again. BTFO

Will they recover??

Until i have the time (12 hour shifts) to replace it, would i get no benefits from premix?

>boost
lol

Btfo

Can you imagine if ford was actually trying? they even call it ecoboost, its tuned for economy. There is no possible way for recovery BTFO

They won't recover from this

>Until i have the time (12 hour shifts) to replace it, would i get no benefits from premix?
No, premix can't help a dying motor.

Motors die for all sorts of reasons, but generally it's cos damage overtime from all the electricity running through.

At that point nothing will help.

it really is sad if ford keeps this up gm might have to stop making cars desu

How about i spooge all over your asshole you little whore.

you can try but you will never catch up to my ecoboost

It's probably not the oil pump, if you have low oil pressure it's probably just a worn out tired engine. Pre mix isn't gonna do shit, it's not a 2 stroke.

>assmad fangirl detected
Basically this.

Kek, GM will continue to exist, but compete in egg and spoon races no body cares about.

Ancient mechanic here. Don't bother with the oil pump. Do bother running heavier oil, STP or whatever goop is handy. You can mix them too. Ignore oil memes when your engine is dying. Cheap is good. Swapping oil pumps is wishful thinking in nearly all cases, and requires work so fuck it. Save your money for next vehicle or engine.

I've seen far too many people throw money at junk.

Modern engines are rarely worth rebuilding BTW because not cost-effective after you scrap everything but the crank, rods,block and head(s). There are some exceptions but not many, which is why used car dealers don't bother. Swap in one from a wreck if vehicle is worth it, if not, sell and replace.

Premix will foul your spark plugs. Bad idea. Stop wanting it to work. You don't want light oil in your fuel, you want heavier oil in your crankcase so it DOESN'T make it to the combustion chamber.

You can run an engine until it smokes badly enough that it won't start. I've driven trucks I couldn't see behind. Anti-fouler spark plug adapters are a last resort, hotter plugs work if not too hideous.

Everyone should run at least one engine until death for the useful experience.

>implying my cream isn't ecoboost

>if you have low oil pressure it's probably just a worn out tired engine.
oil is draining out of the heads if parked on uneven grounds, or if it sits too long. Engine was rebuilt maybe 10k ago. PO did it so he might have fucked something up.
I'll probably rebuild it this winter.

i'll try running some heavier oil, it can't hurt any more than it already is.

Is there a reason you can't post WHAT engine you are working with? Veeky Forums posting customs are adorable for /b/ but insanely stupid here.

Can you post pics of WHERE the leaks are? If at head gasket you can try stop leak. If at valve covers replace gaskets.

I suggest finding brand-specific forums because if you knew those existed you'd never ask a question here. I don't, I just answer some of them.

If you prefer less downtime, instead of rebuilding a rebuilt abortion you could score another engine. If you feel like building, you can get ahead of the game with another complete motor or long block.

>Is there a reason you can't post WHAT engine you are working with?
It's an old 2AR-FE.

>Can you post pics of WHERE the leaks are?
Nothing's leaking, the oil is running out of the heads so on startup, the valvetrain rattles like a snake, Also oil is being blown through the PCV system along with the gasses so i'm sure at least one cylinder isn't sealed right.

rebuilding affords me the opportunity to go retarded and do nasty mods to the engine.