There are people browsing right now that will defend this engine

There are people browsing right now that will defend this engine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mlOYX124hrU
grannys.tripod.com/4rotor.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ecoboost better

Variety is a purpose in itself, you closed minded bastard. In what way would a world without wankels be any better?

Sounds fuckin secsy mayt. Ask Rob Dahm
Is that the Ford shit? Wtf is it?

I feel like if the Toyabooru had a rotary engine and the horsepower was still the same, price was still the same and performance was still nearly the same with added bad fuel economy a lot of people on Veeky Forums would suddenly think its the car of the decade when they've been trashing on it.

Ford marketing for a turbo engine

It's a neat engine, but the special snowflake autist on this board will defend it to death. There's a reason it's not used in cars.

>implying the NA 12A isn't god tier reliable

Like clockwork

Uh, duh. I think that's what everyone's implying.

It is used in cars you fucking mongo

Name one.

>basically the FB or na FC
Fuck, I would have been hype for that if Mazda made it. Maybe call it the RX-6 to not make it "compete" with the FD

It has been used in one, i think.

Point is, it's a novelty and not all that great.

>variety is a good thing even if it's a complete shit alternative

There literally isn't a single advantage. It fails in every single department across the board. It's a forced meme

It would have less wenkel shit posting, but otherwise would be unchanged.

Can't say the same thing about the PISTON engine.

Yes, it is a good thing because there's no freedom of choice if only the best solution survives.

You mean freedom to chose wrong.

Reminder that you can't win LeMans in a Honda

Reminder that the NSX beat a pair of Callaway Corvettes around LeMans in 1995 to win the GT2 class.

>meming without research
get out

>flukemobile

My ported NA 13b should be making a bit over 280bhp
Fairly easy to work on, I don't see the problem.

>winning in your class
>winning LeMans
user, don't move the goal post to the class level just because Honda has never finished first. GM a shit too.

Doesn't matter, I'm free to.

You ported the renesis?

It's simpler, and can take a huge beating short term and keep working

Its compact, lightweight and revs really high produces some good power.

If you don't really care about fuel economy or emissions they are a nice alternative. Sound pretty good as well. I hope Mazda puts out a new RX7.

Basically there is no reason to hate the type of engine, hate on particular iterations of it sure, but the idea no.

youtube.com/watch?v=mlOYX124hrU

so like the rx8?

Really?

Fuck this place

Daily reminder that GM has NEVER crossed the finish line of lemans in first place

>short term
Kek

It's a racing engine, not a DD engine.

The 787B was more fuel efficient and reliable than the rest of the competition, it won fair and square.

Reminder to all my rotard brothers out there

Yo! This at Yoshi's shop?

If it had all those things it would be used in supercars and trackday cars. But it isn't.

I mean you can abuse it for 24 hours non stop and it'll keep running

>Tfw friend owns 84 rx7.
>tfw has been misfiring to hell recently, replaced basic ignition stuff and starting to think carb may be fukt
>find out there's a rotary tech down the road from us
>limp it to him
>within 30 mins found out 2 out of the 3 rear rotor seals were shot
>tfw tell guy previous owner had it rebuilt 30k ago.
>new roto tech bro just shakes his head and says "Nothing against theses people, but this car looks like a rock Hill job" (referring to a shop somewhere)
>tfw talk to tech and joke about stories, women, cars, etc for 2 hours.
>tfw m8s rotary is still dead

Rip, this is why you get good rebuild br/o/'s.

Pic related

It is used in race cars though

Mazda still does, and people do use it for plenty of trackday cars. With that said, a lot of the things that make a Wankel useable is the patents that Mazda has for them so other manufacturers can't really join in on the fun.

You guys should rebuild it yourselves, sounds like a fun project

Driftcars aren't racecars

I'm relatively new here so what's Veeky Forums''s consensus on Mad Mike's 4 rotor "bull" series?
They make my pee pee hard but it may just be a phase.

Honestly this is a meme engine, there is however one thing I'm curious. Wouldn't this engine be perfect for a natural gas as fuel? I mean in europe conversion of petrol vechicles to gas ones is getting more popular.

Yeah

Nah it's mine

Rotors are like Go-Lion, the more you connect together the better it gets.

Japan has "special" Hydrogen powered doritos.

Noice, which side port template did you decide to go with?

My favourite thing about my car is that it does this on high RPM shifts. It's not like the fake afterfire and pops and burbles added in by the ECU these days as a sort of artificial character, but genuine barking flames shat through the pipes frightening grannies in their rattling TDi's as it screams past.

>Fairly easy to work on

they have to be when you need to rebuild every 50k

I think it's recommended to redline them daily

Holy shit somebody actually capped that. That was a minute ago.

People like the rx-8?

How do you guys feel about this type of rotary? From what I understand it fixes many of the flaws with wankels.

You mean a reseal?
Kind of like how you need a valve job and timing belt done routinely?

It's an over-sized Miata with a smaller, higher revving, more powerful meme engine. How you guys haven't been praising it for years is beyond me.

>multiple progressive pressure seals across each apex
Hakuna Miata would've been proud of us user.

>rebuild every 50k

Ok, so best case scenario:
$100 for a soft rebuild kit (this is just soft seals like coolant seals, exhaust/intake gasket, etc)

Worst case scenario:
$100 for a soft rebuild kit
or
$1000 dollars for a full rebuild kit (soft seals, all apex/corner/side/springs/etc)

So tell me, how with my 12a going over 173k on original engine, is so much more expensive to maintain than any piston engine?

Hell, I have even streetported it for something like $38. Cheap as shit dremel and a carbide bit. Borrowed the templates from a friend. Have you spent $38 for 30 hp before?

>inb4 yeah i have i bought pic related fucker

>looking at clean and untouched FD
>buys RX8
I'm hugely disappointed son

ecoboost is literally just a fucking gimmick. Don't even talk about American cars in here.

Ecoboost is just a turbo, Sir Spergsalot

It does have pros
Your post is incorrect

Funny, I was behind an RX8 today. Guy was driving slow as fuck and I wanted to hear the dorito screams especially under a tunnel.

>Buy two RX8 e-shafts for $20 apiece off ebay
>talking with experienced machinist friend who used to prep RX7s for SCCA and shit
26b FC soon

>things that will never happen

Is the RX8 really that bad?

Just let me believe in my dreams
I've already taken a step further than most people on Veeky Forums who want to do something strange with their car

Oh I would love to see it become a reality, but it's not as easy as you think. You can't just slap for rotor housings together with an eccentric shaft and go.

You have to know exactly how to time the [basically] two engines together so that they won't rip each other apart at RPM, and get the ignition and fuel systems to work with each other.

I've read through the technical paper on the actual lemans 26B and a bunch of other shit. The only thing I'm not sure about is how the counterweight is going to be designed. Otherwise it should be simple. We'll graft them together at a 90 degree rotation so the firing order will be the same. Four lobes at 90 degrees should require a firing order of 1-3-2-4 just as the R26B. For fuel to be honest I think we may begin with two 13b carburetor setups at the same time for simplicity. Ignition will be interesting but should be doable with something like megasquirt. Leading and trailing sparkplugs mean the firing is really just going to be like a very fast V8. Worst case if we can't find an ECU with enough capability we'll convert to single spark.

And for anyone wondering how we'll assemble the engine if we're using two shafts mated to eachother rather than a 2-rotor shaft with two lobes that sleeve on: we'll basically assemble two 13b shortblocks minus the endplates which would occupy the center and then sleeve the entire blocks together on a bench or something, mating some splines or a keyway in the Eshaft.

It has a really nice power curv in a small package. A well maintained rotary is a unique and pleasurable driving experience. I wouldn't buy one, but if someone has the money for it then it's a totally rational decision. By your logic we should all drive old Toyotas because performance isn't worth reliability. Is this what you're saying? Why are you so buttmad? Did an RX8 beat your civic in a race?

Furai

>rotary
>performance

The meme is a rebuild every 120k miles.

Look at the dates of my cap again user.

Fire shooting is a dorito specialty

I like it.

>Wtf is it?

grannys.tripod.com/4rotor.html

You're welcome.

I've had the 8 for over a month, looking to add the FD to the collection.