Whats the fuck is wrong with the transmission in new GMs...

Whats the fuck is wrong with the transmission in new GMs? I drive one for work and this fucking thing lags anytime it has to do anything.

It lags going in to gear, it lags when pressing the gas from a stop, it lags when you tap the break, then press the gas again. It lags when you suddenly give it extra gas to pass a snail.

I fucking hate this thing. Automatics should be banned. Anyone who cant drive a stick, can take the bus.

What cars?

A lot of the new GM cars are less GM then a Toyota Cavalier is toyota.

Anyway, most of them are hodgepodge machines made in collaboration with whoever was most profitable. Opel, vauxhualle, Tata even Lada names you've never heard in America had a hand in your cars.

And that's why something suck and somethings are great.

>Opel and Vauxhall aren't GM brands
I hope this is bait

i think they have separate design and production site since they're only in europe/uk
but that doesn't mean they aren't GM brand

>Driving a truck like it were a Miata
There's your problem.

Maybe you should learn how to drive a truck properly. It's not the same as driving your Miata. Next time, don't mash the accelerator and expect the truck to peel out like a Miata, because it won't and that's not the fault of the transmission. Also, don't mash the brakes for, I would assume you should know, obvious reasons.

If I have explain why your work truck can't be driven like a Miata, then perhaps you should stop driving.

>Capthca: Select all pickup trucks.

You clearly didnt read or understand the post. Probably to many fumes inhaled from your old 1970 shitbucket.

Whats to understand? OP tried to drive a truck like a small car and then bitches about how the truck didn't perform satisfactorily. It didn't perform well because it was never built to be driven like a little car and OP was abusing it.

I think that about sums it up.

I dont think you have driven very many cars or trucks.

Enough to know that OP was probably mashing the gas pedal down and standing on the brakes then bitching because, again, the he's handling the truck in a way it was not built to be handled. IE, OP was abusing the truck.

>btw: you can make a truck move like a little car, you just gotta know how.

No idea what you're talking about every new GM car I've driven has been smooth.

Drove a new grand Cherokee recently and the transmission was pathetic

You have not even the faintest idea of what you are talking about. It does pain me to see average people like you, with almost no reading comprehension.

you talk like a fag

It's a GM product. The company that required a bailout.

>It isn't a company that had to create good products to continue to exist.
>It isn't a company that had more than dollar signs in their eyes.
>It isn't a company dedicated to using new technologies.

It is however a company that markets their vehicles towards the poor, unlucky, baby boomers, and rednecks. >It's a company that markets their vehicles towards the country music crowd.

Truthfully the company shouldn't even exist. There's a reason they went under once. They'll go under again soon enough.

I agree. I cant even charge my phone with the USB ports inside. They couldnt even manage to install USB ports.

While I do agree I also have to wonder if GM didnt deserve to be bailed out. WWII may have had a very different ending if not for GM. I dont really follow the "I dont care what you did for me, I only care what you will do for me!". I do believe in a certain amount of honor. But it does encourage failure.

Do they at least still make some of the best engines? All the ones I see lately are aluminum. I would not assume they will make indestructible engine after moving from iron.

Holy shit mustve been a small town thats an Econoline ambulance.

Most GM shitboxes aren't made by GM anymore

Cruze = Daewoo
Spark = Daewoo
Aveo = Daewoo

They're all Korean.

Guess that explains why they're shit.

>that picture
Fucking lost it
KEK

>Next time, don't mash the accelerator and expect the truck to peel out like a Miata,

you've never drove a V8 swapped S10

>thinks his miata can do burnouts like a V8

>Engine swapping
>Not stock motor
c'mon man.

>thinks motors are the topic

Your knowledge of new GM transmissions is amusingly poor. New transmissions learn and adapt. Not saying that you're wrong about lag but you sound as if you have a bit of persecution complex.

>implying most S10s were swapped.

V6 Vortecs literally dropped right in.

Define "New"

Also all GM trucks have trannys not actually built for them since the Like a Rock era. The actual 5.3L is terrible for a full size. What I heard is the 2015 models are going back to hydraulic.

TL;DR
>I drive one for work
Found your problem.