Sup auto dunno if this is used by any of you but its like 5 dollars off at AUTO CANCER (zone) I know Seafoam loyalist...

Sup auto dunno if this is used by any of you but its like 5 dollars off at AUTO CANCER (zone) I know Seafoam loyalist exist out there so.

Other urls found in this thread:

stp.com/products/multipurpose-additives/multipurpose-vs-seafoam/
hildstrom.com/projects/seafoam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good for maintenance and routine cleaning.
It is not miracle liquid. It will not fix any issues.

In older vehicles (that is its largest target base) it has a tendency to do exactly what it says- remove carbon buildup. Which then instantly makes its way around the engine, causing damage.
Also, look at a rear main seal. As it wears over time, there's also a carbon buildup on the crank directly next to it. Remove that carbon and the crank no longer seals.

If you use it regularly, it can be helpful.
If you use it for the first time after 150k miles, 75% chance you'll develop a leak.

WILL clog your cats

How much blow by do you think an engine can get that the rear main gets cleaned by seafoam? I think thats one of the most retarded things i have read on this board this far.

it doesn't burn (under normal engine running conditions) meaning it's thrown in the (hot) exhaust manifold where it's vaporized
hence the huge cloud of smoke you see afterwards
what it's suppose to do is two things:
1: "thermal shock" the carbon deposits
same thing can be done by water in the intake, there's a dude with an old for taurus doing that (actual garden hose in the intake) on youtube
2: dissolve carbon deposits in the cylinder chamber
hard to do on anything else but the piston surface considering that you have to turn the engine upside down if you want the liquid to "bathe" the head/valves

What it does is waaay less than it says it does; but it still does something ...
And no, it won't clog your cats and no, it won't damage your engine because of carbon pieces flying all over
Unless you put it in your engine oil. In which case you deserve it!

I tried to find that exact one but I can't
However, just search "decarbonizing your engine with water" and you'll find a few

I use it in my oil. Have for 4 years. Cars at 146,000 miles with no signs of stopping anytime soon. To each their own poison, I guess.

SNAKE OIL

USELESS, SAVE YOUR MONEY

Works fine in oil. I've done it a few times and I'm at 160k miles. When I did the timing chain at 150k everything was clean as fuck.

>Unless you put it in your engine oil. In which case you deserve it!
Literally one of its only three functions.

I heard it makes your car smoke lake crazy. Want to try it.

Goto McDonald's
Pop hood and suck it into the intake
Wait 10min
Go through the drive through
Rev up and fill McDonald's full of delicious Seafoam

Sometimes I'll buy an can and drink it mixed with whiskey with some benzos or h if I really want to go into the hole.

Usually not worth but a can is cheap compliment if you don't have enough benzos atm.

I put a can in my gas tank once, it honestly didn't do anything that I could tell.

I like to run a can through my old lawnmowers and other gas equipment if it's running rough. Does some great stuff for small engines but for cars not much.
Marvel mystery oil is nice for cars though.

Used it a few times, never noticed any difference.

Seafoam is a 1940's era blend of three ingredients:
Pale Oil
Naptha
Isopropanol

The isopropanol contains some water with it since it is expensive to get past 99% pure isopropanol for commercial purposes.

STP had its own comment about Seafoam:
stp.com/products/multipurpose-additives/multipurpose-vs-seafoam/

As to recreating a home-made version of Seafoam based upon its officially disclosed ingredients and their percentages, Seafoam had gotten away with listing "Pale Oil". Explanation of the investigation and final created low-cost product is at:

Why pay a huge amount when Seafoam is just a blend of commercially available ingredients? It is not its own unique chemical like PEA. And PEA requires a factory to make it unlike Seafoam where they just add measured amounts of ingredients together and call it done.

Dude, its a fucking solvent.
Why do you think pcv is a thing?
Positive
Crankcase
Ventilation

Besides that point:

Have you ever read the directions on the can?
I'm assuming you've never read it and assume its only designed to pour in to the intake.

God I hate 1st year highschool autoshop kids.

>implying that high schools have auto shops anymore.

Lucas upper cylinder injector cleaner, it's the same as that shit but much cheaper. You just can't put it in your vaccune lines.

Guys swear getting way better gas Mpgs on there 90's chevy 454's

They do

>Naptha
>hexadecanoic acid
>Add naptha
>Stick to kids

Not very commonly.

My high school had a really good 3 door, 5 lift fully equip auto shop. Removed to make room for an art room.

FUCKING ART. One year before i could take it too. It was bullshit desu senpai.

Europoop here who will visit US soon. should i buy this stuff in bulk?

>Removed to make room for an art room.

The teachers don't make money from the auto shop, but they can from the art room. Some teachers have businesses on the side and the school pays for their art training and even art tools computing gear and art software. They then run a graphics design service and sell to the local business community. Some teachers in my local district do just that.

So there can be ulterior motives for teachers to approve of certain things they they can also benefit from for their private businesses.

>Seafoam is a 1940's era blend of three ingredients:
>Pale Oil
>Naptha
>Isopropanol

99% isopropyl alcohol can be gotten from Frey Meyer supermarkets. FM is owned by Kroger. It's the only place I know with 99% isopropanol that has no additional denaturing ingredients added.

Well you're right.

Doesn't change a auto shop offers better life skills than a art room.