B-B-B-B-B-B-B-UT Y-Y-Y-YOU NEED F-F-F-F-F-FULL BED TRUCK

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-UT Y-Y-Y-YOU NEED F-F-F-F-F-FULL BED TRUCK

>ameritrcucks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9r5yAomvKfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goes in all fields

Shit son make sure you don't get stuck in the sand

everyone knows you can tow some stuff with cars. it's just easier to tow heavier things with trucks

but i cant exactly bring 3 friends, luggage, extra coolers, and tow a somewhat large boat with a car if I decide to go on a trip somewhere

Do you mean full size truck?

Also boats are light as fuck m8

Has he dug himself in there?
>canoe trailer

It was probably a jet ski too.

>shows picture with front wheels dug into the sand.

>lift my firebird
>it has mountings for a tow hook
>wires in the trunk for lights

Idk what redneck fuck decided to tow things in a firebird, but I'm surprised it isn't more broken

that car is a few inches from being barged in the sand, which would require a large truck to come pull it out

>implying implications that were never implied or even hinted at by anyone in this history of Veeky Forums

You can literally tow loads with any engine capable of producing torque. What we say here is that it's wiser to use a car optimized for the job if you're going to be towing things regularly. Ameritrucks have trannies and drivetrains designed to better serve this purpose.

TL;DR. Tow your mobile home cross country with your smart car if you want. Just dont assume its the best machine for the job

As well as frames and brakes optimized for the job. A large trailer will control a small car, and you'll be fighting it a lot.

these. Enjoy jack-knifing all over the highway because you thought that your Honda Civic had F350 capabilities

>Tiny little trailer
Yea you can do it, but it seams those front wheels are already dug in.

But this:And as has been said countless times, Gas is cheap, insurance isn't. Cheaper to own one family/work truck, than to own a work truck and a family car.

Also here's something NATO, those old MURICAN landbarges, with V8s and some had 500lb of torque, those where the favorite of towing shit around by families.

Trucks replaced them because of emissions on cars.

Alright, try towing a 4000+ lb boat + trailer combo up hills. Then have fun getting stuck on a slippery boat launch

Retard.

You now have a wet dog you'll have to ride with.

>need
Irrelevant.

>posts a picture of a stuck FWD while trying to troll

You just shot yourself in the foot.

That looks like a wave runner trailer.

but that is a truck.

Hey you want to dump the back of your car in a lake go ahead I won't stop you. But I will laugh at you.

>B-but I need a 3 tonne truck to tow muh shit
t. murriclap

what the fuck kind of drainage system is on that house

Time for education Cluck. The gross combined weight rating or gross combination weight rating (GCWR) is the maximum allowable combined mass of a road vehicle, the passengers and cargo in the tow vehicle, plus the mass of the trailer and cargo in the trailer. Any more and the vehicle is overloaded. So go argue with DOT and automobile builders.

Toilets drain into shrubs.
Poland strong.

>MC Escher isn't his plumber
I don't know how you guys live such unfulfilled lives to be honest

>he owns a Fiat

>he needs a trailer to carry his bike

Sigh, just look at it. It is a drag bike. Not exactly something that a rider will tool around town on.

trucks can be handy

I really want to do this to my golf, but the kit costs more then said golf

>using a trailer for a bike
>GAP shirt
>bland uninspired brick architecture
>satellite TV
lol what the fuck 3rd world shithole is this?

Trailer+trailer cargo mass isn't included in gcwr, only the tounge weight is. Trailers add to the carrying capacity of the vehicle. That's why a big enough trailer can push a light truck into CDL territory if the trailer and truck have a combined gvwr of over 26000lbs. Towing capacity of a car isn't regulated or mandatory to put on a sticker or plate anywhere, it's usually just an estimate provided by the manufacturer for your convenience.

This is for where I live in the States, at least.

it's poland

hide polish threads

ignore polish posts

do not reply to polish posters

>fwd
kek

>awd vehicle on a dolly
you madman

The driveshaft was taken out. No harm done to any of its diffs.

I'll be the first to admit my truck doesn't do any work 70% of the time.

But it's still fun to own because it's making some europoor angry just by sitting on my drive.

>drive SUV
>jelly of friends with trucks because they can just throw/keep shit in the bed
one guy I know is a madman and hauls around 90% of a auto shop in the back of his truck

>getting your rear tyre in the water

And that's how you get stuck fast. Buy some rollers for your boat trailer so you don't have to back in so far to launch and retrieve.

That's definitely a jet ski trailer. look how skinny it is and lack of winch.

Death dolly's are evil, so glad I finally bought a trailer.

>select the pickup trucks

I mean except the rear one

The rears are travelling at the same speed going straight, how is the rear wearing? It's not connected to the center or front diff with the driveshaft removed.

That poor cars transmission. The gear ratios are for Mpgs not muhTorque

>jet ski
>front wheels already sunken in
loling desu

Pretty sure it's the UK.

>replying to this thread without saging
fuck off

It's not Poland 4sure.

I'm in Poland rn

My uncle once tied my dads 1970 something Yamaha endoro to the roof of his car. Couldn't open the doors, but it was RAD.

Are you fags baiting? It's in the UK.

>those plates
>rhd

Diffs throw oil everywhere themselves regardless if the vehicle is on or not. If being towed like that damages the diff then driving down the road normally will too.

We need to go deeper

>it's FWD

>yfw you realize that the American government forced SUVs and trucks on the American market by creating a two class categorization of vehicles through differently strict emissions and safety requirements because it's the one area of motoring where the half assed domestic makers still have the upper hand

>yfw you also realize that American motorists were slowly bullied out of towing trailers with cars in the name of "safety" to sell more SUVs and trucks, and that you can literally see the tow capacity of some car models go down further with each successive generation

Is it that red and white thing i see around town hauling a trailer full of tires?

Can someone explain how this damages anything?

Like if i pushed a FWD auto car in neutral, the torque converter isn't turning, but the whole transmission output shaft is, which includes most of the gears, running over each other. Also the front diff is still turning.

If i push a RWD manual, the output is turning, but unless it's in gear, the engine isn't, the rear diff is still getting run.

AWD idk CVT or something, in manual, fucking bands, but ignoring that the same, all the Diffs are turning still.

What's the problem?

No it's mostly just emissions.

It's hard to get a powerful enough engine into a car, because of emission standards. Because with high towing capacity comes strong frames (usually body on frame) stronger suspension, stiffer drive components, etc and that adds weight.

Maybe we'll something better with fords new ALUMINUM meme, but otherwise, the power in an engine is bottle capped by weight.

I really don't understand how Dodge got away with the hellcat though. 7070 hp, 650 lb ft of torque. Idk if it can be made to tow, but god damn it how did it pass emissions? Does it only pass with the black key? Is that cheating?

Also the reason trucks and SUVs are popular now is the same as why land barges where then. Carry family comfortably, and carry your Rv/boat/motorcycle/shed/etc behind.

Crown vics and Lincoln town cars and grand marques, etc, can safely tow up to 5000 lb if you get a Transmission cooler. Even with the suspension unchanged.

Volvo 240 s had 114 HP and wer mome rated to tow 3300 pounds.

Panthers were only rated 2000 with their v8

youtube.com/watch?v=9r5yAomvKfA

ford had to sell their shitty trucks somehow

tow rating has more to do with the gearing of the transmission and the rear axle than the engine. Most of the panther cars had highway and fuel efficient gearing (3.08) in their rear axles. The volvo likely had gearing that was numerically higher ( 3.55 maybe). The engine has little to do with it. In My old 90 ford Pickup the 300 I6 is rated to tow as much as a 460 if geared right. No one would say that the six has more power than the big block 460. It's all in the gearing.

TRANNY COOLER
R
A
N
N
Y

C
O
O
L
E
R

No really, safely tow up to 5000lb, and with another oil cooler annother 2-4 thousand depending on some other factors.

Course this is strictly drive train standard, but with standard brakes and even with air suspension on town car, it's safe to do up to 5000 with a tranny cooler.

Ford lowered the ratings significantly on the 98+ watts links cars. Mainly to help sell tucks and SUV's.

Boxes with the HD tow package were rated for 5k. I semi routinely tow 5-7k with mine, and it does ok, but even with cargo coils, helper shocks and a WDH, it still squats pretty bad, have to really watch the tongue weight. Plus a 8.8 and AOD can only take so much abuse.

Even though it does ok, I ended up buying a F250 to tow with instead. The 10.25, E40D and hefty leaf springs are much better suited for towing, and the longer wheelbase makes it more stable. Plus the 8ft bed is great for throwing all my tools, spare tires, jack, gas ect... when going racing

Just a question tow fag.

How do you reduce tongue weight? Can it be reduced? Longer wheel base on the trailer?

Center the weight on the axles the best you can. That's really the only way

Ok thanks. I don't think my CRV can take this anymore.

>Was also towing about 40 of those bales.

pretty much this.

Depends on what your towing really.

For example, on my 18ft car trailer, I can move the car forward or back depending on how it's sitting.

On my trailer I have a big cargo box, big ass marine battery and a deattachable 12k winch, so the tongue weight by itself is pretty high.

Of course sometimes you don't have that option.