Are you ready for the endless shitposting when the 2018 gt500 is revealed to have a twin turbo Ecoboost v8?

Are you ready for the endless shitposting when the 2018 gt500 is revealed to have a twin turbo Ecoboost v8?
Wether or not they go for a Ecoboost voodoo or stick with the 5.0 the up and coming gt500 is bound to have turbos
I'm ready

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2016/08/03/epa-director-says-2025-fuel-economy-standards-are-reachable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i don't think they will go TTV8 for this
a supercharged V8 would make more sense
and it fits the Shelby mustang more

You can't turbo a voodoo.

It's already been confirmed that Ford has been testing a TT v8 mule earlier this year

>The EcoBoost 5.0 V8 program has been under development for a several years, and first made it’s public appearance in the Cobra Jet program in late-2012. The underlying purpose of the EcoBoost V8 project was to power the next-gen GT500. The 5.2L FPC program contributed to delaying the 5.0 EcoBoost program, but this V8 Twin-Turbo program is now on track again, and will make it’s debut in the next GT500 and 2018 F-150 Raptor, and could possibly become a second-motor option for the 2017 model year Raptor”

Twin turbo on an aluminum block is a mess waiting to happen.
Also boosting a the voodoo would be stupid. High revolutions and throttle response are the hallmarks of the voodoo, and both of those will be gimped if they turbo it.

And like every other shelby in the latest generations, it will be supercharged, so you might as well delete the bait thread Alphonse.

Prepare to eat those words when it's revealed to have two turbos

Why would there be endless shitposting? it has a V8 and not a V6 and i'm interested in how it will function to be honest. The only thing i'm worried about is reliability of the engine and if it does have reliability issues then how can you shitpost with a car that's going to make a shitpost of itself?

i might be wrong
but aren't all shelby supercharged ?
maybe it's for a racing application

for the last few years it has been, but shelby was the architect behind the turbo dodges of the 80s

To be completely honest I'd really like to see a TT V6 Mustang with AWD and under 3800lbs. That's the next logical step. RWD simply isn't useable at the power level modern cars have.

It's the only thing that would cause me to ditch my Termi. I simply am not impressed by random huge HP numbers without the traction to back it up.

AWD sucks dude.

>Ecoboost v8
>Ford finally realizes the superiority of V8 engines.

>assmad gm fangirl detected
but this is true

In what way? It won't hold a candle to the ecoboost GT.

radical sr8, ultima GTR 720 and the viper ACR seem to do just fine with rwd

>endless shitposting
When it gets btfo by the V6 GT?

might need it
mustangs spend too much time crashing into crowds

What if they boost the coyote?

>Two pseudo prototype Le Mans cars and a two seat supercar with literally one of , if not the largest width tire on the market do fine.
Ford could put out a great AWD system at its price point.

>Making the car more practical and useable means it's bad.
No. Have you driven a 13/14 GT500? The car isn't even useable on the factory meats.

stick axle doesn't help pham

>>>/dbt/

pigfat n slower than a z06 for the same money

next

Really annoys me how car manufacturers mount the engine so far in front of the front tires. Look at all that wasted weight distribution

Couldn't be any worse than the current shitposting.

>Implying I don't partake in ferd discussion

It was originally proposed for the Raptor, but I think they're just going to go full retard with the v6 EB

No, but the lack of rubber is a serious Mustang flaw. You can get way wider rubber on a Camaro. Z/28 has something retarded like 315's or so..

>twin turbo Exoboost V8 Mustang
>it's diesel

That might jack up the price to the point where most people who can afford it will go buy a performance Audi unless they throw some half-assed AWD-train that makes the car handle worse to keep the cost down. i think all of the AWD trains Ford has are FWD-biased so they would have to design a new one entirely for the mustang which they most likely aren't going to do because of cost.

Would be nice if they used the Falcon as their AWD performance platform but they're killing the falcon and Ford doesn't seem very adventurous with their platforms. When was the last RWD Lincoln besides the town-car and navigator? the LS?

Fuck I wish I could get a Barra in the states.

The stang is already a cash cow for Ford so I honestly think they could keep the price point. It's going to need a major update anyway due to the alpha platform GM has now.

They could save a lot of money by shutting down 5.0 production altogether and share the V6 with the rest of the fleet.

I see it like this:
Rental Tier: FWD w/ 2.3L I4
GT: AWD w/ warmed over (tune only) 3.0L V6 shared with upcoming Lincoln Continental/Navigator
GT500: AWD w/ 3.5L V6 shared with raptor

I don't see the need for RWD outside of trucks which have already replaced the old school luxury barge market in the US.

gt500 has 285 rear and 245 front. might have gotten wider at front.

ZL1 (the more direct competitor to the GT500) has 285 rear and like 255 front. still really wide, but it's suspension is a lot better and that's what made it a significantly more manageable car. that, and the extremely sophisticated traction control that premiered on the ZR1

>fwd
>awd
just make another car at that point

>I don't see the need for RWD
you are not the mustangs target audience

>you are not the mustangs target audience
Yet I've owned multiple examples and have one in my garage.
>just make another car at that point
Why? As long a it has "the look" the rental fleets and high school girls who buy the base convertible will be happy.

Why?

>Yet I've owned multiple examples and have one in my garage
mustang is RWD, has always been RWD. I doubt they'd go front wheel drive.

besides, if you wanted an awd sportscar get an audi or a subaru or something

and the mustang makes money right now. believe it or not, chad knows the value of RWD because it means you can do wicked burnouts. it is also better for drag racing.

Is that the GM firetruck v12 out back??

If you want a less capable Mustang due to tradition, why not buy one of the widely available less capable old ones from its 50 year history?

AWD is the future and it will be on Ford's radar when the next Mustang is due out.

>Burnout
>Drag Racing
Which you won't be doing in the base model anyway. It just has to look cool and be cheap for women.

yes

Because a turbo IS VOODOO.

>mustang is RWD, has always been RWD. I doubt they'd go front wheel drive.
The Probe was supposed to be the Mustangs replacement. They at least heavily considered it in the '80s.

>yfw V8 > V6 again

Forced induction isn't the displacement replacement, it's the enhancement.

It can, and has been utilized as both replacement and supplement.
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Hi.

>replacing V8s since 2015
Nice

>12+ second quarter mile

>Muh RWD
>Muh Burnouts
>Muh better for dra.....oh.

Look at that dyno, it's like a big turbo Supra. All the power up top and not as fast as a less powerful car with a flatter torque curve.

i didn't knew that
but back then it was really something not just Ford performance division

Ready for the next gen z28 to spank ford, holy shit it's gonna be so cash , even the zl1 is gonna spank the 350

>GM fangirls this desperate for a hero car
Inb4 GM publishes lap times without proof.

Considering that the gt350 barely laps a 10 year old chassis/engine z28 by like a second, I'm highly positive the next gen zl1 will spank it

>hopes and dreams
It's a cute suicide prevention technique for the fangirls.

It's only logical :) don't be mad user

Considering the Z/28 had a bespoke suspension setup it's hard to say that the new ZL1 will handle any better.

>only 1 second
That's kinda messed up considering the gt350r has more horsepower that the z28 as well as being newer.
Any word on when the 6th gen z28 is out?
I don't follow GM much aside from the slayvette.

>AWD TT Mustang

Fuck you dude

Ford is free to make a V6TT AWD sports car that is Mustang priced, but don't ruin the heritage of the Mustang brand

We'll see, I'm just excited. I like chebby and ferd
No word on the z28 but come on... testing a brand new platform vs a 10 year old car is so lame. Like how c&d tested a chevy ss vs e39 m5. So dumb.

Sorry, i can see this is bait but I'm going to bite

How much does the GT cost? 400,000 fucking dollars....The body panels alone probably cost more to replace than the average annual US family income. The two aren't even in the same class. The GT500 will cost a less than 1/4 of GT at $80k.

Buy a GT500 blow $20k on modifications and i bet you could make the GT500 run circles around the GT on a track

>claims V8s are superior
>gets proven wrong
>proceeds to move goalposts
Thanks for your imput user.

Shut the fuck up you fucking sperg

Not even that guy

The GT is objectively superior with a V6. Stay mad.

>b-but muh modifications
Are you just going to ignore the GT can be modified to?

It literally only has a v6 because emissions and rules , don't be callous

So you admit the V6 is superior? Great.

Holy shit....this nigga here has reached a whole new level of dumb ass.

Drop a small displacement twin-charged V8 in the GT and it would smoke the shit out of the V6 GT. But that would go against their current agenda

Ford is just pushing smaller displacement engines in their halo car to boost the image of smaller engines since the suits and bean counters in marketing/finance are getting bent over by the EPA. Nothing to do with performance

The "traditional" Mustang is a slow secretary's car. Real Mustang enthusiasts want to haul ass and know that an AWD is needed.

The car can't hook. You'd know that if you owned a Mustang.

btfo

>resorting to theoretical situations because the real world hurts your feelings
V8 cucks have hit a new low

Mine hooks just fine
Get you're gm ass blasted fanny out of here
tfw you got btfo lol

[citation needed]
>V8 neanderthals this deluded
The GT dominated many small displacement turbo V8s in its successful LeMans campaign.

>GM ass blasted fanny
>I'm the guy with the 03 Cobra
KEK

If your stang hooks it must be a basic bitch model or is cruising on impractical DR's.

autoblog.com/2016/08/03/epa-director-says-2025-fuel-economy-standards-are-reachable/

All theoretical right? The government is pushing to get cars to 54 mpg by 2025. Its not feasible to get V8s to that and its cheaper to make shitty four and six cylinders.

Will the Mustang finally dethrone the corvette?

Not if Trump wins, he'll likely put at end to this nonsense.

Hold this

>The government is pushing to get cars to 54 mpg by 2025

>ability to make cars so lightweight that they can actually do this
>saftey regs require cars to be pigfat to prevent the tiniest scratch in the case of a crash
They ask the impossible.

>claims a V8 GT would beat would beat a V6 GT around a track
>literally no evidence to back his claim
>moves goalposts AGAIN after getting BTFO
Still waiting on the proof a V8 GT would be faster.

Damn that's close.

Needs an EcoBoost® V8.

>Ford™, Go Further

Isn't there a GT500? Compare those

Uh.. isn't that just common sense? On the same build quality, the v8 preforms better because it's able to output more power and torque than a v6. If we're talking about the same exact build quality, then the v8 would outright preform better.

That's literally just common sense.

>power is the only factor
There's also weight and other factors. You're talking out of your ass, stay mad.

Even if it did most Americans would still buy a corvette over a cobra/mustang. Owning a corvette is like part of the American dream.

Uhh

The GT500 isn't the fastest track variant stang, the 350r is, but If you want me to look I will
I'll probably come back with some slower than a clobalt typa shit tho

t. boomer

Outside of Veeky Forums your average American would take a vet over a cobra.

It's not? So it's a worse hp/weight then ir what?

>clobalt
Compare the SS and GT500. I'm curious.

So would I but it's hardly a dream vehicle anymore. Most Americans could care less about any car desu.

Maybe a boomer yea. Even then maybe not. My boomer dad doesn't like Corvettes at all. He'd rather ride his bike.

Different suspension
The 350r is a z28 rival.
It's the only mustang that can turn

>2012 GT500
>540 HP
Nice subtle shitpost.

>different suspension
But why? Is the GT500 just for drag racing then?

I don't follow racing or any of that shit because its all hyper cars with performance that doesn't translate into the real world. I don't know if there is a race car in whatever series you watch that has V8 that is both supercharged and turbo charged. Its a hypothetical.

All i know is that the ecoboost mustang has been btfo'd hard by the camaro with a N/A V6, the turbo six M4/M3 duo has been BFTO'd hard by the camaro with a N/A V8, and the Viper with its N/A V10 has BTFO'd almost every car in the same class. Sure, maybe the GT wins more on a track but in almost every real world example your "replacement for displacement" meme fails

Its hilarious how hard you are projecting your cuckold fetish right now. Get out of your moms basement and get a job so you can actually buy a car that isn't a 4 cylinder shit box

>ecoboost mustang loses to V6 camaro
The ecoboost starts at 25k, the 1SS V6 starts at 32k. Obviously it's faster.
>turbo 6 M3/M4 have been btfo by N/A camaro
Nope. pic related

>Viper with its N/A V10 has BTFO almost every car in the same class
Sure, until the GT hits the track.

>this mad V8s can't compete
Stay mad.

Gt500 is for going insanely fast in a straight line while kicking up huge amounts of tire smoke

The gt350 is track focused

Same deal with the Camaro z/28 and zl1

The GT dominated many small displacement turbo V8s in its successful LeMans campaign.
>literally no evidence to back his claim
>moves goalposts AGAIN after getting BTFO
How will he recover?

Zl1 handles pretty well though, it was universally lauded for that.

Copo camaro is the drag strip hero

>yfw GM fangirls actually think slower=faster
No wonder they're so deluded. They are actually intellectually disabled.