Are Evo X's bad cars...

Are Evo X's bad cars? I've kind of ignored them due to weight/appearance/relative lack of "hardcoreness" but maybe I shouldn't discredit it. How are they in comparison to other new sports cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YVe96XtWwPI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDaLX0TUFm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the money you would need to make them competitive to v8's you could just by a fully equipped V8.

They aren't worth it anymore. the mustang and the camaro put down better lap times now. i mean fuck, 34k for less than 300 bhp? Fucking sad.

>yfw mitsu offers a version in the UK with 450 hp

you can sneeze on them and make great power.

but spending over 8k on a mitsu anything is potato as fuck.

i bought mine in december and love it

that being said i think ive only put like 3k miles on it

its also sport bike fast if you really modify it

I'm pretty happy with the stock 303hp on the Final edition (which will hopefully drop in price soon seeing that they can't sell any of them)

should be a very enjoyable car so long as you understand that its special and needs special care also those final editions might never come down in price, there are no more those are the last ones

>tfw probably still slower than a C5 Z06 and turbo lags harder than australian comcast

did this guy just say hardcoreness

Yeah

I kind of like how uncompromising the old Evos are, with so few luxuries and niceities that they stay under 3000lbs despite being turbocharged AWD sedans

>niceities
dude READ A BOOK

>nice titties

>niceities

Just get the armored version. It's well worth it.

>that redneck duedbro with a baseball cap and shades who owns an evo

How are the base models of these things as a simple economy car?

Need a commuter, saw one of these cuties in white, and thought it might make a nice change from the ol' Accord/Camry.

It (and the STi) is like a modern S-chassis for people with money. The platform is built to be improved by the owner however they see fit and the aftermarket is endless. Poorfags need not apply.

It isn't likely to beat a 5.0 Mustang at the lights stock, and with the same amount of money invested into each the Mustang still beats it for straight line power. But it'll outhandle and mangle the pony like a gook chef in a pet shop in technical driving, while also having more straight line power than your average road car.

If you want a highway monster get a V8.

>that monster energy flat brimmed hat, SUBARU shirt wearing, guy who is vaping at every red light that owns a 100% stock engine subaru

They get the job done. Fuel mileage isn't great but the 4B11/2 has a fair bit of grunt to it. Don't get the CVT automatic because it's shit. The 5spd manual is infinitely better, and if you've never driven stick before it's perfect to learn in.

I have a mid-spec 09 Lancer SE

>hydraulic steering feels way better than EPS
>handling and fuel economy unremarkable but still decent
>interior feels really cheap but the layout is quite nice
>rear seats have very good leg room for a compact car
>730W sound system (not aftermarket) is god tier
>seats are big, comfy, and heated
>5 speed manual is quite good, if not Honda-tier, though short gearing means you turn 3000 RPM on the highway
>rear defroster is absolutely fucking useless

Thanks for the feedback, fellas. The mileage and 3k on the highway are kind of a let down desu. And I really could use a rear defroster.

My defroster might be fucked, I'm not sure.

Or maybe I'm just used to my Cobalt being able to melt off a sheet of ice in 30 seconds

3k rpm @ 80?
This kills the fan boner

Nice dent

I don't know how it happened, all I know is that it was in my parents possession when it occurred, since I was on the other side of the country for 4 months. They don't know anything about it either.

The dent goes outward rather than inward, so not a collision.

Who cares about short gearing tho. My mom's 1.8 Vibe is the same and it still gets good mileage since it's a 4 banger with peak power @ 5-6K RPM

that was his dad's fault you asswhole

My AW11 gets 3.5k on the highway but still gets alright mileage.

>but still gets alright mileage.

Honestly the only drawback to cruising at 3500RPM is droney exhaust noise if your cabin isn't properly insulated. Sure a 6th gear would help in most cases but it's no big deal

If you're looking at Lancers, i would also suggest looking at its direct sister car, the Dodge Caliber. As stated, avoid those CVT automatics like the plague. The Caliber uses the same platform, wheelbase, suspensions, engines, and transmissions as the Lancer. If you managed to find a Caliber SRT4, they can be AWD swapped easily by using the system from an Evo X. Bolts right in. I would like to point out that the AWD swap is NOT just theory. It's been done.
youtube.com/watch?v=YVe96XtWwPI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDaLX0TUFm0

It may only be me, but I also prefer the Caliber's styling over the Lancer's.

looks like a dent that someone tried to hammer out

It's outdated as fuck

K U R U M A

>every 9 year old shitter online drives a riced out evo
>all of them have hideous neon underglow, dollar sign wheels and clown horn

ikr

>not picking flight of the bumblebee with tempo increase in accordance with speed

Wtf are you smoking...?