Who /trackday/ here?

Been a long day so far, lots of nice cars setting down good times here at Laguna. Cool builds too, from stock to money pit. Self tech inspection is a hell of a thing.

Ls1 swapped s13. Big defuser. Sounds sooo nice

Reppin

How's the 135i treat ya?

Debating between an 08-10 (preferably 10) 135i or an E46 M3.

Its actually a buddy's. Im ride only today because shit car but on 4 open laps it was a god. Its a fast car. Not porche, but better than the miatas brz type r thats been out today. If you do get one, which i do recommend, get a non-nav package with no screen in the dash, and get one with the N54 not 55. 55 is fun, but driving the blue one with twins instead of the black with the N55 twinscroll is actually quite a difference.

>Alpina wheels
That suits a late model Bimmer more than I thought it would.

Yeah the model years I'm looking at have the twin-turbo N54, I hear the downpipe is glass but it makes great power.

Yeah the blue one has just developed an exhaust leak! We think its flange maybe, since its an after market catless downpipe.

Here's my early model 74' Datsun 260z I track. I take it to high plains raceway out in Colorado. It has a full handling/performance overhaul and the interior has been stripped. Still running the L26, but its a strong motor. Currently weighs just a smidge under 2200lbs with out me in it.

I've only done autoX so far. Currently have a low budget track build competition going on with some friends that I'm building a 91 civic hatch for so that'll probably be my first real track day sometime later this year.

Can't wait to get back home from school and prep my car for the track again

I've done autox 2 times now in my Focus ST. amazingly fun even with only 4-5 runs. And the locations I've gone to aren't parking lots, one an actual track, and the other being a police training course. There was a SCCA track day for $125 that I had to miss out on. I'm not really sure about really tracking my daily car more than maybe 1-2 times a year though. I will definitely try to go to the next SCCA one.

My ST wheel is bent so i might take my 4dr auto E30 to the next Autox. Just don't want to miss out since I will be way busier come fall. E30 has a bit of a leak on the PS rack, and I'm not sure if it would pass tech. Everything else is fine though. Long term I'd like to build my e30 into track/autox/drift car, or pick up a coupe.

pic related

In my experience for tech they only check wheel bearings, tires, and that your battery is secured

>muh dick

that is beautiful m8

0-60? dyno measures? I need more to masturbate with

Here's a pic at the track back when I still had the bumpers, I ditched those to lighten it another 80lbs...

No dyno here buddy, she's not the fastest in the world, but she's road tuned well, and will definitely out handle most in the corners, the straightaways are another story. My butt dyno says around 160whp, but I plan on going with a 3.0L stroker rebello L28 motor, should be good for 250+whp which will be great for the weight it'll be moving around.

Seems like most of Veeky Forums is too busy bench racing then actually using their machines to their full potential.

That's the sad reality of this board, kiddies who don't actually own cars bitching about things they don't know

I do use my vehicle to it's full potential. Which is towing and carrying things. It's a van, not a race car. It does good burnouts, but the couple times I've braked hard and whipped it into a corner I nearly died. And this is on 225/60/16 tires.

Well you already had like 3 people chime in about track days and autocross. Why not talk to them to get the thread going?

I posted a 1:26 around my local track with a passanger and oem brake pads, average is usually around 1:30.

>use their machines
Let's look at the facts

Americans on this board probably have cars and probably have the best track-oriented cars. Euros probably ride buses or drive diesel FWD econoboxes.

Shitposters here are typically Euros.

I'm a Euro and I'll have you know my shitbox is RWD and I only ride the bus sometimes. I've done a few track days for that matter

How expensive is a day at a track? I'm in CT and I've always wanted to take my car to one. It's a shitty car and all but I've always loved Karting and would love to do the real thing. How does it work? Do you need to take a course or something?

Depends on the track and the organizer. Normally $300-500 for a weekend out here in the bay area. They normally have you go out with an instructor if it's your first time, and they go over all the rules and signals at a drivers meeting before you start.

>the real thing
They are different things. In a kart the fun comes from racing other people wheel to wheel and a bit of contact is inevitable. On a track day it's fun pushing you own car to the limit but you're not racing other people and there's overtaking etiquette to be observed.