/twg/ - Total War General

Bretonnia is trash edition
>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/

historic thread:

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

AHHH ROME!

Third for weird helmets

nth for Kislev when

>It's an 'One man gets stuck on the boat during a naval landing' siege and the game crawls down to 0.25 FPS for no good reason and the battle literally takes three hours just to slog through

I return

I really hope GW gives the green light for non-tabletop factions after all of the tabletop DLC is released. TW:WH is apparently the best-selling Total War to date so you'd think it would be a no brainer given how much extra dosh it'd bring in.

Yeah but GW isnt smart.

How do we make Orcs a good faction?

What units would you add or what changes would you make to their existing ones?

I think they desperately need Boss-heroes, they were an important part of tabletop, and every other faction has hero beat-sticks.

GW has been having occasional strokes of genius ever since FUCKING Kirby was replaced as CEO and the general quality of everything is slowly trending upwards, so I think there's at least some glimmer of hope there.

How do you usually use gyrocopters, those bombs are amazing if you can get right on top of a cluster, but trying to control multiple gyros at once and bomb at the right time is a pain.

They seem like an infuriating pain to fight against if you bring enough to overwhelm their ranged. Then just harass with their guns all day while they can't do shit but watch.

I tend to use the bombs on units that are engaged in melee because they're pretty much guaranteed to be bunched up and more or less stationary.

I either harass their cav and then bomb their infantry rear after the melee clusters up, or I bomb the artillery or ranged early on to take them out before the fight starts.

HAHAHHA here we GO again, another round of stale memes and shitposting.
another round of tomb kangz,meme rats, meme goblins, le ebin vlad, and etcetera.

I'm fucking tired of this general, you autists are the absolute bane of this board, holy shit I would stomp every single one of you meme spouting neckbeards in a second with my bare hands.

I haven't been browsing in 2 days

Did any hints of a DLC come out?

the day after today

Some early game/alternative AP damage (squigs)
Some boss heroes
That's pretty much it

why are beastmen such garbage?

Because you can't bring 10 gore bulls anymore

Friend, tell Lacedaemon

Here we lie

Obedient to our orders

We are nowhere near as bad as /gsg/

>t, jew
>t. nigger
>t. johan

Because you don't know how to use them.

also because they're garbage

nevar fogetti ;_;

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

That's like saying we're wetter than the sahara desu.

I can think of two(three for /feg/ on a bad day) other generals that are a shit.

Kerbal Space Program(they renamed it Kerbal Shitposting General, and have more disdain and hate for that game they any general I know of) and Grand Strategy General.

And hey, we have some nice talks once in a while.

Greenskins have the largest possible unit roster and a lot you can add:
> Black Orc Warbosses, Big Bosses, and a non-gw variant
> Forest Goblins and an accompanying variant for each lord and hero type; spellcasters can use Gift of the Spider God
> missing lords and heroes for the Orcs, Savage Orcs, Goblins, and Night Goblins
> Squig Herds, Mangler Squigs, Squig Hoppers, Colossal Squig, Squig Gobba
> Snotlings
> Pump Wagon
> Spear Chukka
> Orcapult
> Rogue Idol

> spider units climb walls
> Regiments of Renown

>tfw no new Wargame video games announced yet
>stuck with total war because the French are literally terribly at video games

I hope to fuck Victoria total war comes out or gets announced soon.

Oh, I think this is among the nicer generals, especially among those still alive. I just pointed out that a comparison with /gsg/ doesn't mean much unless it's to point out something worse.

Can't you keep playing Red Dragon? I haven't played in a while so I don't know if it's dead.

Has anyone played Imperial Splendour? Is it good?

mom's spaghetti ;_;7

>tfw I'm a single-player fag

I just want a global campaign like in total war. instead I get 4 shitty mini campaigns.

Teaser on Tuesday.

Reveal Thursday

Release 2 weeks later.

I'd prefer a R.U.S.E 2 set on the eastern front desu. Wargame never clicked with me. A campaign in an RTS makes me happy.

More and cheaper orc shaman

It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.

What faction do you recommend for my first AoC campaign? I find the emirate the most interesting/unique but i would like to hear some more opinions

Croatia, comfy campaign to unite the northwest Balkans without declaring war on anyone besides Avars.

Anyone?

There's a campaign overhaul for Korean War 2 on Honhon's forum that's pretty decent for spicing things up.

I had good fun conquering the kufr as the emirate. I spread Islam to my neighbours/allies regions, incited rebellions then took over each town from the rebels while still maintaining my "alliance" with the infidel kingdoms.

She will never be a legendary lord. I hope you like dicks because there probably won't even be female LL models.

Wood Elves are a strong contender in this field and the Dark Elves a possibility.

I would be very unhappy if Ariel was a LL.

Ariel is an eternal queen, the ultimate symbol of Asrai legitimacy and stability over the Millennia. It is the serenity of her rule by which Wood Elves escape the destructive intrigue and political maneuvering that plagues the Asrai and Druchii. At her court she gives host to poets and weavers, dancers and handmaidens. Her hair is brushed, and she drinks tea. It is not for her to worry about the day-to-day affairs of her realm, much less something as debased and unpleasant as fighting.

To lead an army would be beneath her station, and she has rightfully been kept out of a combat role in successive Wood Elf armybooks. But she does delegate quite successfully with the Sisters of Twilight, who after all are twin aspects of herself, and fight on the battlefield as her representative.

so are wood elves basically a ranged focus army?

like a boat load of elite archers?

I don't know who she is but my dick likes her quite a bit.

It's a mixed bag. They've got great archers, but no artillery or siege engines. They put a lot of focus on light cavalry and shock infantry with no armor as well.

That + melee units with very good damage but no armor. And a lot of monsters. And the most varied magic in the setting.

Best units?

Wild Riders have absurdly high damage on the charge for basically being light cav. They hit harder than some knights can and are very fast, but have no real armor.

Treeman is a bit better than a giant on the whole, he's pretty neat.

Warhawk Riders and Glade Riders for GOTTA GO FAST long-range skirmishers. They seriously use longbows while mounted, and have the best range of any mounted skirmishers around.

Waywatchers are the super-elite archers that can deploy anywhere, hide in plain sight, ignore armor, and are also decent in close combat. They may get irondraked down to an irrelevant unit size.

fuck me, is it even possible to beat Empire players with Chaos in multiplayer?

>playing very hard Dawi campaign
>Greenskins emigrated out of the badlands to live in some fucking estalia mountains
>They had confederated with all the tribes minus top knotz
>they just left the entire fucking badlands abandoned

This campaign is so fucking lackluster

Empire has a ton of options, far more than you, but if you try and metabuild him you can maybe get away with it.

You can get a bunch of marauders with great weapons and Trolls and hope he goes greatswords to fight Chaos Warriors, for example. You can't take any air units or they'll get ruined, but you can pair Chaos Warhounds and Dragon Ogres and hope to at least neutralize the Demigryphs with Halberds you'll see every time.

Artillery gets great utility against you, and a Chaos Lord on Barded Steed is almost your only viable choice, but with a mandatory Lore of Fire sorceror your infantry line can beat his. If you can trap his air goons, avoid crippling damage on the approach, and also not get ruined by his superior cavalry, you can pull it off.

Chaos has maybe 1:5 odds in the matchup.

>there is a total war multiplayer community

What's wrong with that, user? Total War multiplayer has always had more potential than CA put in effort. We got real attention to MP once with Shogun 2 and it was great.

How do you skill your dwarf lords?

I find the +30% intercept is a must vs greenskins wack a mole bullshit. It is so nice to just obliterate any army near you. Since I already have 4 points down that tree I'm thinking of continuing to get the +10% research at the end. Dwarf lords are already gods in combat, I feel like it isn't necessary to skill them in the top tree. Is the vigor loss reduction worth it? For high end armies it seems nice, but for low end dwarf warrior armies I think axe lord might be better, or the ranged units upgrade.

Anything with campaign movement or interception.

Dwarf campaign is very frustating without either

they've been getting better with the models
bringing back old games and factions

>make a second horde in chaos campaign
>it goes good, getting somewhere
>karl franze out of no where comes with a doom stack and destroys it
fuck, whats the point of even making a second horde if you have to babysit it so much? Id rather just do the whole campaign with one horde.

AoS still high fantasy carbage and models look like shit. Bretonnia is still gutted and aesthically everything is worse compared to golden age of 6th and 7th edition.

WARHAMMER TORRENT WHEN? NOT BUYING IT, FUCK CA.

The biggest problem with total war is that battles are all or nothing, there is no tug of war element. When two armies fight and one wins slightly, the winning army only needs to pursue another easy battle to wipe out 20 units while losing no units themselves. Even on the grander scale, typically when you destroy a large army that leaves a good 4 or 5 regions open for you to sweep. This problem is even worse when you consider faction only have up to 3 or 4 regions. If you lose a large battle at the beginning of the campaign you have to start over. Yeah idk

G O B L I N S

DENUVO UNCRACKABLE

I think that Attila did the whole balancing the snowball thing the best.

Once you started getting a big empire, you would start to have all kind of problems like public order, sanitation and food, your enemies would start to pile up on your borders and if you got screwed up by the rng you could see the entire empire collapse.

Total War needs more endgame features, warhammer specially, since to be fairly honest, Archaon and friends isn't threatening at all.

It's really fun. I'm a big fan of 2v2. Gives me flashbacks to the heady days of Wargame multiplayer sometimes.

It is pretty casual. You can tell because all they do is complain.

I don't understand.

By all rights and statistics Orc Boys are harder hitting and have more health than Empire Swordsmen, they both have the same morale as well.

So why is it that Orc Boys are complete shit and Empire Swords are dependable frontline troops?

difficulty modifiers. Maybe.

Played some Attila last night for the very first time. Bit overwhelmed really! Big learning experience.
Graphically, I really like the shaders they've used in the battles. Moreso than the shaders used in Warhammer, even.

Once archie is kill all npc factions become warmongering assholes and will most likely try to kill eventually.

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

If you press the escape key quick enough, the Opening Cinematic contains even less factions!

they serve different roles. you should read about how combat it calculated, some people on reddit have done a lot of testing to figure it out.

Basically the chance to hit is calculated by comparing the attack to the defence stat. 25 attack compared to 25 defence will result in 40% chance to hit. chance to hit cant go lower than 10% and cant go higher than 90%. This calculation is a sigmoid, if you were to graph it it would look like an S. This means that having +10 attack over defence will give you a huge advantage, but an additional +10 won't have as much impact.

So in short, orcboyz do better against elite infantry, since they sacrifice attack and defence for higher health and armor pen, and they soak seige weapons and ranged attacks better. Empire swordsmen are better in melee against other low cost melee troops.

People who think Archaeons spiky band being non-threatning are going to tear there hair out once the second expansion roles.

How the fuck are going to take on all the Demon hordes?

>tfw I love to see thousands of arrows/bullets being fired from a line killing hundreds leagues away from my lines
>My favorite total war is Empire Total War exactly due to the line combat
>tfw Wood Elves soon

Just wait until you get the climate change events

i believe i searched for a better explanation on that vigour loss skill and it was actually awful...
it removes like 30 points of vigour loss at rank 3. when it would only be worth it if it was actually 30%, instead ?

>shock infantry with no armor
The eternal guard at least have some good armor though right?

As much armor as an empire swordsmen I reckon

Wood Elves have no heavy infantry.
Monstrous infantry fill the anvil role in their army

Their armor is pretty much exactly equivalent to empire swordsmen like said. In the tabletop it is listed as "light armor", and that's their heavy phalanx.

Wood Elves don't really do armor.

would treemen come in unit size of 12 (like trolls) or 1 (like giants)?

That's too bad, I liked shrugging off arrows in heavy armor. Are they at least deadly fighters to make up for it? Or should the elves themselves stick to ranged and let trees and beasts have the melee to themselves?

Just got Attile off humble store, this game is the crowning glory of TW, now someone post the damn roll chart

much obliged

Please no barbars!

In the tabletop they got heavy bonuses to fighting in woods, and rules that let them strike first to hurt the enemy before they died. Since Eternal Guard could fight in deep ranks in the woods, you'd get dozens of attacks at a high attack skill before the enemy could respond.

I'm not sure how CA will model that though- probably very high attack and melee defense that keeps them from taking many hits in combat but means range cuts them down.

Real G O B L I N S user does not quote anyone. Imposter!

Keksimus maximus

D A W I Z H A R R
A
W
I

Z
H
A
R
R

When?

Never

Hopefully next year

After fimir

Hopefully with the updated Forgeworld shit.

Wood Elf mages will have a "trees" spell, which raises several conifers from the ground

Fuck, my Tan New Kids game isn't going well anyway.