Hey Veeky Forums, long story short, I wrecked my car, and need a new car. I'm cheap and don't like fun that much...

Hey Veeky Forums, long story short, I wrecked my car, and need a new car. I'm cheap and don't like fun that much, so I just want an early 2000's or mid 2000's Honda Civic, something below $6000. But the Craigslist in my area is shit, and I am running out of time. Should I just buy from a stealership? I live near Modesto, in the central valley of California. The only civics here are overpriced by 2K regularly.

Other urls found in this thread:

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5716116064.html
modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5701034394.html
modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5712911686.html
modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5707059589.html
modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5700321805.html
modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5715017831.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5694690609.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5710620474.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5705894548.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5708412813.html
esurance.com/info/car/are-sedans-cheaper-to-insure-than-coupes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

look on websites for selling cars instead of just craigslist. you need to make sure you have properly searched around for options before you go to a last resort like a used car dealership

What other websites besides Craigslist for private sales? I have seen the stickies, but the other websites provided only index used dealers.

autotrader.com is pretty good

>6000$
if you lived in sweden you would be amazed on the shit we have on blocket.se for that cash

have you checked sfbay and stockton listings? modesto usually shit

That website is just as bad.

CROWN VIC

CROWN VIC

CROWN VIC

Big, comfy, reliable. P71s are simple as shit, the A/C or heat will either leave icicles on the vents or melt the plastic on high either way.

I have. The one reasonably priced car has so many offers that the price went $1000 over kbb.
If my aunt had wheels, she'd be a bicycle.

Seriously, fuck this state.

I need something with 32+ mpg for commuting. I go to school in LA.

The hit in MPGs could be the price you have to pay for not buying a car earlier, senpai. You'll be stuck with the Vic until your bones become brittle and your wife's son leaves you.

I've been looking for two weeks now. California a shit for buying cars.

I would just bite the bullet man. They're not that bad

Find me one with a reasonable price within the range of the kbb, and I might consider it.

Actually, for that mpg, why don't I just get a Lexus in that price range?

Was

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5716116064.html

It

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5701034394.html

That

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5712911686.html

Fucking

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5707059589.html

Difficult

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5700321805.html

modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5715017831.html

For an exceptional example you'll have to reach a bit beyond KBB for one of these. A good range for Vics is above 3,000 dollars. After 130k miles, make sure the transmission has been replaced because it's on its way out otherwise. Problem areas include the spark plugs / coils, exhaust, and alternator. My vic over 10 years of ownership only needed the transmission and a headlight switch in the dash.

Good question. My argument would be driving dynamics (classic american sedan) versus survivability. This car literally will not die. You'll be stuck with it, but it won't let you down.

Here's a couple of listings found cursorily from your nearby craigslists -

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5694690609.html

this one is top quality

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5710620474.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5705894548.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5708412813.html

All of those are heavily over-priced, or not the style of vehicle I want.

I would argue the Lexus is just as survivable and drivable.

THEY'RE NOT OVERPRICED. An EM2 civic is worth 3k all over the country and 4500 if it's a clean 04-05. What "style" do you want?

A sedan. And something under 150K miles.

Mileage doesn't matter at all. Shit will break just as easy at 150k as it will at 180-200. No matter what you buy it will need some work done. Why do you need 4 doors? It's not like you have friends. Make them drive separate or throw them in the back of a coupe. There's room.

>After 130k miles the transmission goes out.

Most well built automatics like the 4R75W is built for abuse. If it hasnt been overtly abused and has its fluid & filter always done on time it will keep going.

Insurance. I'm a 20 something year old who was just recently in a crash. A coupe is not the best thing for me. And mileage does matter, because it determines how soon I have to do that maintenance.

Mine was neither. It's still surprising that under abuse it lasted that long.

That's a myth. All that matters are the safety features and your record. It's still a shitbox civic.

esurance.com/info/car/are-sedans-cheaper-to-insure-than-coupes

This, I own a 2011 P7B CVPI and its a fantastic car. So cheap and reliable.

Ok, you got me there. Still doesn't help me. Also,I want an automatic for terrible LA traffic. Forgot to specify that.

It's not that bad. Hondas have light clutches and easy shifters and make the canyons more fun. Don't be a cuck. The 4-speed auto in the civic is shit.*spoiler alert* i have one.

I am used to being cucked by auto transmissions. I've been in manual civic during traffic. It's fucking tedious. I seriously just want an econobox, I don't care if its boring. I can't afford exciting.

man buy a crown vic, the civilian spec ones are boring and slow but they are reliable.

If you're not an enthusiast why are you here? We don't give a shit which econobox you buy. Go put your 6k down a shitty new corolla or fit or something.

dem mpg's
Because this board also includes shitboxes and people down on their luck who just need something for point A to B. Like I said, at this moment, I can't afford to have fun. It's just not realistic for my needs in life. You have to be able to understand that, right?

Sorry op, can't help you, just came by to say sorry for the shit replies you're getting.
And I quite like my Grand Marquis, which is basically a Crown Vic, for exactly what you're looking for, but I can't recommend its 15ish mpgs.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been on Veeky Forums for a long time, this is nowhere near unreasonable or new.