Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqszqHKIqEk
youtube.com/watch?v=AcSyDa1xD24
youtube.com/watch?v=8gwRLfu9DaU
youtube.com/watch?v=EVY0O6nrK40
youtube.com/watch?v=kxCy80s8ylY
youtube.com/watch?v=I1vqC9PxPck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apparently that's one of the game designer's Ford GTs on the cover of GT4.

For some reason, I always thought that was the Ford GT90 concept.

The last car game I dearly loved was NFS High Stakes.

Those memories... That soundtrack...

Could very easily. I'm merely going by hearsay and the like.

I do like Gran Turismo, for the record.

>NFS

technically your thread belongs into that faggy general, too. fuccboi

>your thread

Crappy game for crappier people.

The series never really advanced beyond the PS2 era imo.

It doesn't do a whole lot new since then, it hasn't really improved in quality and it still uses PS2 era models to make up a large percentage of the cars available in the later games.

>tl;dr used to be good but Forza > Gran Turismo nowadays

This. GT4 was the best racing game ever made when it came out, with incredible graphics, realism and cars selection. But they completely fucked up since then. GT5 was easy on the eye, but the fact that most of the cars were direct ports from PS2 with the same modeling and the fact that a "simulation" can't get the sounds right when a full arcade game like NFS does was a dealbreaker. Even worse when GT6 came out and it was just GT5.1.

At least partially responsible for my taste in cars.

I bought 4 at least three times over the years, but always as a platinum so I've never seen the original back cover. Neat but
>100 tracks
Yah nah, it was 50 tops, even considering variations like SSR 5 and SSR11 to be different, you can't drive backwards on real world tracks so there's no way to get 100 out of it. Can't even get 90

I liked the intro song youtube.com/watch?v=qqszqHKIqEk

I played gran turismo religiously, all golds in all licenses etc, unlock most of the cars, basically all my friends and I did was play gran turismo.

Then the slow loading one (5?) came out and it was completely unplayable. I threw the disk across the room and never played a driving simulator since.

>slow loading one
That's all of them

just finished drifting around in gt6 online in tsukuba, first i was in my cwest s15 and then took the 70 nova ss out for a few laps. got some decent tandems in.

anyone excited for gtsport on ps4?

>implying GT3 > GT4

youtube.com/watch?v=AcSyDa1xD24

>100% faggot up in here

GT2 best GT

kind of went downhill after gt4
gt5 was horrible
haven't played gt6

The first GT on a platform is always the worse one.

I don't play console games only gran turismo

Call me a snowflake, but my first and favorite racing game was NFS Carbon. Fond memories of endless canyon duels...

wtf is that eurotrash? US intro was 1000000000% better:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gwRLfu9DaU

I would watch the entire intro every day before playing. God what a fucking great game. Those memories. Just the pure grind of knocking down races was intoxicating

Canyon duels was fine. In my eyes carbon was shit. It went full "HEY, LETS GO TUNE UP THAT NEW LAMBORGHINI BECAUSE YOU CAN!" and a kinda fucked up difficulty system.

I really think MW was the best one and it would be better with more realistic physics and less supercars.

Well it's a video game

Well, I only ever played muscle, so I kinda agree with you. Still, that's really what started to get me into cars, especially muscle cars.

Oh yeah, agree on that. NFS carbon had started the entire top tier muscle car shit on the NFS games, but i still kinda feel that it did the same thing F&F would later do. Focus on ultra exotics instead of the JDMs and make each car customization feel less important.

You HAD to upgrade your aesthetics with underground 1 or 2 because you knew everyone had the same car than you and you wanted it to be unique. When you are already driving a fucking viper in MW you dont feel the same shit.

fucking boring

How does it feels to have a wrong opinion?

GT3 was fucking phenomenal. It was impressive the level of graphical detail and realism they achieved given the PS2s specs. But not surprising, as it was (and still is IIRC) the one release title that Sony uses to demonstrate their consoles abilities.

totally agree
this one is missing on your pic tho

GT6 has more premiums, remodeled standards and much better physics than 5. The smaller single player is worth the reduced load times.

>not racing in a multi divisional league where drivers are separated by .5s on their fast laps
>not being in the top division of said league

Slow pokes.

Amen brother. I'll be the first to admit Carbon had more than its fair share of flaws, but nostalgia and feels still keep me happy. But if it was remade, with a revamped upgrade system that didn't force you to spastically upgrade your car, that would be the shit.

Fugg nfs

I've only played GT3 and GT4, but I remember the day I came home from school and my mum brought out GT4 and I almost shat myself
It's probably got the most play time of any game I've played on any console

Yes, Kazunori Yamauchi's (the creator of GT) very own..

how the FUCK do you even drift? i can't even do it with my thrustmaster wheel..fug

youtube.com/watch?v=EVY0O6nrK40

>Music in the intro is making me diamonds.

youtube.com/watch?v=kxCy80s8ylY

I played the US version
It's actually different

i was drifting with a controller, i havent gotten a new wheel since my dfgt is not with me, but i did drift in 900 degree mode on gt5. it just takes practice and a decent setup on your suspension. also it helps a lot to pick a lower powered easy to drift car at first like a s13 or something similar.

GT2 US soundtrack is the worst crap ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1vqC9PxPck

I got gud at it using whatever Lotus is in arcade mode by default on hard comfort tires. With a controller it basically drifts itself.

mh..well guess i gotta get gudder

Use an AE86 to go full Dagumi.
It takes about 70K in mods,but it's worth it for the meme.

I first got good in 5 using a modified FC.Tune the suspension+LSD just right and it should drift.

understeer simulator

wow man what a klever meem

gt 4 was ok once I had a 4 followed by 20 other numbers as my balance to spend

Id daily the fuck out of it.

You need to play Underground 1 and 2.

Most wanted was great game and adrenaline was real with police, police in other nfs after, was pure shit. 0 respect for post MW police.

Carbon was good because it had good graphics, ok story and canyons. But it was half of a game. too short.

U2 was legendary. It was first NFS I played and its just great, soundtrack, physics, tuning, story and vibes. City I know every ficking corner of it. Did 412 km/h in Skyline on the bridge, no cheats.

Drifting was spectacular in U2.

U1 was also great game. Loved it.

such reply
much meem

GT was great until 4. Thats it

You fucking with me?

I overplayed the shit outta underground 2, not so much underground 1. i still think MW is the better game.

ON an unrelated note, what is the best game between GT3 or 4 regardless of nostalgia factors? forget about graphics and sound design and vehicle amount, focusing on singleplayer campaign, modification options and realistic driving physics, which one is the better one?

Most annoying in-game music of all time.

Canyon races is what makes Cabron my favorite NFS

GT4 > GT3 except for the physics.

Fun fact, the Ford GT is one of his favorite cars.