Unpopular aut/o/ opinions

I don't mind driving automatics.

>drive manual
> live in a high traffic area
>wish I had an automatic

I didn't buy my car based on the 0-60 times or other bench racing specs.

That's not an unpopular opinion m8. I daily an auto and my fun cars are manual.

>I think the Miata is a shit car all around
>I think you're an idiot if you buy any low level new car
>Honda Civics are not performance cars and if you spend money modifying one then you have some sort of mental deficiency
>old luxobarges belong in the scrapyard
>if you make the excuse that you're too poor to afford any decent car (while claiming to be a car enthusiast) then you're a shit stain and should do one of two things: apply yourself or kill yourself

t. busrider

Thanks for the (You), busrider

I appreciate the Prius.

Hybrids easily had the potential to be lauded as unreliable, fire-prone shitboxes. The batteries in the early prototypes of the Prius were prone to overheating and they ran into a lot of initial problems with the hybrid system.

What we got by the time of production were regular cars that are quite reliable and get good city mileage, but just a minor chunk more expensive to keep maintained.

Eco or not, it's not a bad piece of engineering at all.

I like these wheels a lot.

What a pile of shit

I'll bet you bought it because muh 2jz but haven't done anything to it

t. busrider

Audis aren't unreliable, you just have to maintain them decently.

>I dislike the miata, though I respect what it is
>Drifting is silly, most of the time
>DCT isn't too bad, though not very satisfying.
>FWD isn't so bad

>miata fags are the most annoying little shits
>FRS/BRZ is actually really fun to drive despite being slow
>stance (without any camber) looks pretty cool sometimes

I prefer automatics, since I drive old people cars/luxobarges.

>i like the new miata
>V8 is the best engine
>I like BOTH heavy and light cars
>don't like the S2000
>think ecoboost is shit

take a crack at me mates

You should be selling that car and buy an another manual sports car. Then buy a normal automatic car, just to commute.

FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT

I actually agree with your statements

>Ford is objectively the better of the 3 American manufactures.
>DCT's aren't involving or fun as people like to claim, they won't make a slow car fun like a stick.
>LS1 swaps are unimpressive and instantly make me wince seeing them.
>GT86/BRZ are reasonably priced for what they offer as competent entry level sports coupe.
>Rotaries are great engines for performance/racing, but poorly suited for daily normal street driving.
>Expensive car stereos are retarded and a waste of money that you'll never get back.

I don't think you understand this, but the 'manual is objectively better' meme is overplayed horribly on this board. Automatics and manuals both have benefits that suit different peoples' needs.

i daily an automatic

its ok

would rather drive a manual, because it'd make my boring life a little more entertaining.

> Auto-centric urban planning must be eradicated with nuclear fire.

> There's nothing inherently wrong with being a bus rider, and if you live in an area with good public transit but commute to work and back with a car, please commit suzuki.

And no, I won't go back to /n/.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmm, not true, I've maintained the shit out of my Audi had it since new even. This 2006 Audi A4 2.0T has always found a fucking issue, now don't get me wrong I love my car its miles better than the RX300 we have, but holy shit its fucking expensive to fix (just buying parts from Audi dealerships and getting our personal mechanic to fix it) I apparently "hit" a pothole and blew out the left axle, both active motor mounts, frame to engine oil pan (snub mount bracket), and bent both or one lower control arm. Nothing like bombing around in S mode high as shit though, I even removed the buttons on the stock head unit (kept the back head unit part though) and used a Monster cable tape DAC to aux and installed a Nexus 7 mounted securely to the back of a double DIN slot.
Also every 3,000 miles I change the oil with Full synthetic 5w-30 oil and its BLACK, always dark af. I like the stock sound system though (upgraded bose setup with the head unit de-bosed). All in all I love driving this Audi A4 2.0T 2006, but its a total piece at engineering.

>inb4 vorsprung durch technik

Are you okay, user?

go back to /n/ and kys.

I own a car but take the bus to work because its half the price of parking