Why do I need 6 airbags and a million electronic nannies in my car if people are still allowed to drive motorcycles?

Why do I need 6 airbags and a million electronic nannies in my car if people are still allowed to drive motorcycles?

Welcome the redpill.

What do you mean?

Its a suppository

You don't. Don't buy a new car.

After riding I thought about it in reference to the seatbelt laws. Being safe on a motorcycle has more to do with riding skill and awareness of your surroundings than a car. The government can't regulate that like they do with safety regulations on cars.

Why are TVR's even legal in yurop? They don't even have crumple zones

They're so small and harmless. They just want to play.

It's more that they can't do shit about motorcycles regarding safety or outright banning

Yes and the Motorcycle manufacturers are adding more safety equipment like ABS and traction control to their bikes before government intervention. That's nothing but a good thing. While I'm am not a fan of helmet laws and other government meddling, I wish that more of the States took a tiered approach to motorcycle licensing like Europe tends to do. Riders really shouldn't be on powerful beast until they have some good riding experience and training on a bike.

Because motorcycles don't crumple in on their drivers and squish them into goo.

Instead you get shot off and thrown headfirst into a tree.

You stand a better chance getting flung into the unknown than you do being trapped in a little shitbox with no safety features and a poor crumple design.

Motorcycles instead launch the occupant from the vehicle towards the tarmac. Upon contact with the road surface the rider is then turned into a jam-like substance and has to be hosed off by an unfortunate council worker.
The motorcycle is then scrapped and the rider is buried, at his funeral, in a jar.

Ok I ride and that's just not true. A motorcyclist if he gets wrapped up in a low speed crash, lets say 30MPH can suffer a severe head injury that a geo metro driver will walk away from.

>the rider is turned into a jam-like substance
If you are wearing the proper attire, this should not be a death sentence. This depends on the severity of the crash though.

Being inside a shitty car that impales you with its steering column always is though.

Man where have you been at least American cars have had collapsible steering columns since the 50s. Where have you been?

>Riders really shouldn't be on powerful beast

commie

Uzbekistan I guess.

>Being inside a shitty car that impales you with it's steering column always is.
I believe you are mistaken.

Because ur saying to the world u don't care because organ donor/human airbag

>motorcycles will throw you out of harms way in a crash

Do bikefags really believe this?

>Why are TVR's even legal in yurop?
Because we're not pussies.

Because 'murica

Everyone drives a car. People who don't know how to drive drive cars. They need to carry multiple people and some cargo over long distances fast, and motorcycles can't do that.

A government can't have a societal necessity killing its tax paying citizens all the fucking time

A motorcycle is something you don't need. You are guaranteed to know what you're getting into. There is no chance you're not just some hick that didn't know what the seatbelt is for. It's your life, and you can have it your way.

Every time a PO pulls you over for not wearing a seatbelt or speeding they're assuming you're some random fuck who doesn't know any better or a kid pretending to be paul walker and feeling invincible, not an adult making reasoned-out decisions. But when you're on a bike, it's your choice. There's no fucking way it isn't. And if you're dumb enough to be unaware, okay, later, the gene pool didn't need you anyways.

If a powerful beast is a serious problem for new riders, they're not practicing enough before hitting the street

And they're mostly going to hurt themselves, willingly, for a hobby rather than something they absolutely had to do, so why deny fun to the people who actually know how to properly start on a powerful bike?

>Riders really shouldn't be on powerful beast until they have some good riding experience and training on a bike.
Fuck off.

I'll buy the fastest sports car as my first car
I'll buy the fastest most unstable boat i can as my first boat
I'll buy the fastest least stable bike i can as my first bike
I'll buy the biggest gun i can without ever firing a gun before
I'll buy the strongest circular saw i can without ever even using a hand saw.

I don't need the state telling me what i am and am not 'skilled' enough to use.

The reason cars are more regulated, is because it prevents deaths. And any safety feature that isn't for the safety of others like ABS, is a shit and i don't care for it.

2/10 b8 made me reply

God damn son switch to decaff. I didn't mean to offend you. Maybe watch some Bob Ross paintings or something.

Fun can be had on a low powered bike too. People who think that 100 hp+ is needed on a bike to have fun are really cheating themselves. But hey that's why we have the choice I guess.

It's the same thing as cars with very little power, but weigh nothing like a nissan march super turbo or original mini. I've ridden plenty of bikes with not much more than 40-60 hp, and they're still fucking fun. I've ridden a 1980's suzuki er185 2-stroke which is surprisingly fast, and can easily get to 100mph, more than most people ever go 90% of the time, and still fast enough to have fun in.

People need to start riding motards instead of roadbikes. Roadbikes are heavier, more cumbersome, and designed for racing or highways. Slapping slick tyres on a dirtbike (especially 2-stroke) and screaming down the road at full throttle is a lot of fun, but you're going slower with the same level of fun.

I ride a 50 some horse Ninja 500. Its great fun and Ive rode it for about 5 years. I do want to get something like a FZ1 but tooling around torn won't be near the same. And the Ninja is dirt cheap to ride and maintain

Since that car is a ford it needs to be equipped with all those safety measures because it WILL break down and you WILL crash

Jesus, someone got triggered

basically the equivalent of a toyota 86 with more power.

Sorry, i was just on /k/ in a gun grabber thread.

a 200mph bike is only a risk to the rider and pedestrians. a 200mph car is a risk to everything and everyone.

I don't quite get what you mean by that but my little twin is faster than most cars up to 60 MPH or so. So it throw the gears up til then is great fun. Yea at high way speeds I have to downshift 2 gears to get a real move on but in 60 in forth it really gets into its powerband. I enjoy the bike for what it is and does.

Not true user

so a 800lb bike speeding without a driver won't cause any damage at all?

Fascinating..

>/k/
>pseudo-masculine nonsense and ramblings based nowhere near reality
Checks out

A different kind of fun

Again, all these regs are around because modern americans pretty much have to drive cars, so the unwilling are made as safe as they can possibly be.

You don't have to ride a motorcycle in america. Our roads are huge, our commutes are long, our climate is insane, and our poor are rich. They never caught on as primary vehicles. There is zero necessity, zero unwilling participants, and zero need for forcing safety because of the unwitting and unwilling who don't know any better.

The closest we come to that is helmet laws, but there's another point to be had about that. It costs the police department to go check out your corpse. They don't show unless called if you crash but don't die.

>Government! Please fuck me harder!

any more?

Sure. Look them up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA