Midships are insanely dangerous. Why would they make a car with a design flaw to snap oversteer?

Midships are insanely dangerous. Why would they make a car with a design flaw to snap oversteer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNNtR9X5YoE
youtu.be/IPQyQgyuNMI?t=33m12s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"snap oversteer" is driver incompetence

Because driving as a whole is inherently dangerous, and some of us aren't pussies

it's not a car for coward

This

Midship is just slightly more demanding than FR setups when it comes to oversteer.
FF cars require very little countersteering in order to stabilize should they oversteer, this is the easiest to deal with.
FR cars require countersteering, but you can overrespond and get away with it due to the majority of weight being in front.
MR cars require countersteer and overresponse leads to so-called snap oversteer because you've been handling the car like an idiot and you get punished for it. This is the price you pay for a more balanced weight distribution.

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW RALPH NADER POSTED ON Veeky Forums

I wouldn't say design flaw, it's more of a driving flaw.

Some of the most exotic, exciting and fastest cars in the world like F1 cars for example are MR.

>Why would they make a car with a design flaw to snap oversteer?
Only shit engineered japanese MRs snap oversteer.

>comparing that $500 shitbox to a F1 car

LOL didn't you just buy this thing don't get cocky kid

Learn throttle control

Because if you're oversteering and it's not on purpose then you did something wrong and you should feel bad.

You feeling bad because you're a shit driver isn't the fault of the car. Unless it's a terrible car designed to kill its occupants like a Corvair.

This doesn't happen with Porsches, Lotus, or F1 cars. This only happens in cheap shit-tier nip cars that any teenager with a McJob can afford after working for an entire summer.

Fuck Toyota and all the pasty weeb losers and their anime sticker-adorned rustbuckets for giving MR a bad rep.

>$500

I fucking wish. I can't find one around me for less than $5,000. Not a decent one, anyway.

This all depends on HOW the engine is mounted midship. Typically the weight is just before the rear axle, minimizing this tendency.

Other design principles can alter this tendency as well, such as suspension tuning, or the tires.

Lastly, the only midship cars notorious for having oversteer issues are say, MR2's. This can also be helped by learning how to drive the fucking thing to avoid snap oversteer.

>waah waah snap oversteer
so what youre saying is you dont know how to drive?

I think the point is that nips should stick to making soulless econoboxes and leave the sports cars to the Europeans.

>he doesn't know how to drive
practice makes perfect europoor

The Snap oversteer meme is sour grapes from idiots that have no business behind the wheel.

Are you kidding? Tail heavy, fast cars are really tough to drive before the advent of traction control. Doesn't matter how good you are, the learning curve is just higher, especially learning each individual car.

inb4
>yeah this is why fast MR cars are only for special expert drivers that post on Veeky Forums like me

If someone set you loose on a track in a 355 or first gen GT3 and you hammered it you would 100% spin on the first lap

the only reason why mr2/nsx gets this reputation is because most idiots can afford one within a reasonable limit. Porsche has a rear mounted engine and before the advent of driver aids was much more prone to snap oversteer, but you don't really hear much about that because older porsche enthusiasts aren't rice burning dipshits who enjoy doing donuts in the parking lot of wal mart with their dipshit friends, and their only fast driving experience is flooring in on an expressway

>literally paying ricer tax
Why do people do this?

>its a "all the tripfags come out of the woodwork to give shit opinions" episode
I hate reruns.

>he doesnt filter attention seekers

ayo hol up

>it's a "weeaboo gets butthurt when someone tells the truth about his nip shitbox" episode

Toplel

Filter the attention depraved

>not filtering the tripfag that constantly samefags over alphonse

Because midships are fun.

Midships are only dangerous if your dumb, and are not paying attention to road conditions and what the car is telling you. I should know I daily drove and MR2 turbo for 10 years and only twice did I encounter a situation where it tried to go around backwards on me. Both times I was pushing the car a little harder than I should have for the road conditions but I had enough experience to know what to do as soon as it started. As soon as I felt the backend let go I quickly counter steered then started to decrease the steering angle through the slide.

With modern electronics midships are even easier to drive to drive now. I got to drive I lambo gallardo at a track and it really didn't feel a whole lot different than any other FR car. You could tell you had a little more weight behind you but even if screwed up and braked mid corner it didn't upset the car.

If someone made an AWD midship 4 seat coupe for less than $100k I would purchase it in a heart beat. The daily driving a midship car is such a joy with the decreased engine noise and quickness in handling.

>sissy

>F1 cars for example are MR.
Except they're longitudinal and not strictly-worse-than-FR-tier transverse MR.

game please

Dirt Rally

youtube.com/watch?v=GNNtR9X5YoE

youtu.be/IPQyQgyuNMI?t=33m12s

>responding to the europoor with a 1.4L shitbox

Corvairs werent bad, it was the drivers fault and incorrect tire pressures, you 80 year old memeing fuck

What car is that?

Lancia Stratos: the car that separates the (dead) men from the boys

>buy meme car
>immediately become a pretentious asshole

this is why everyone should buy 90s civics and just become better as drivers

>nearly 10 inches shorter than a miata

Holy fuck

>longitudinal MR
For what purpose? Doesn't that mean you need a driveshaft and a rear end as opposed to just a transaxle?

Can confirm the Boxster has god tier oversteer characteristics. I one time accidentally went in too fast in a corner and got about 60 degrees of angle and held it all the way through with the power on no problem. I was scared shit less but I'm alive at least.

But the Europeans do MR as well. While harder to drive, it's faster if driven correctly around a track.

>snap oversteer
Or just, you know, learn how to handle cars. Master the machine and you'll be the fastest instead of muh snab oversteer, muh ff, muh tarbo, etc.

FWD is shit though

Then why did this FF manage to beat the extensively modified Amuse S2000?

Haha OK dude.
Face it honda kid
You want to be fast? You want performance?
Buy RWD.

I just wanna enjoy my car.

Then buy RWD.

I'm going to buy your mum you meme loving fuck. God I bet half the people who write muh FR don't even have driving licence. It's not that FR is superior I know that myself, it's that you fags are so fucking cancerous it hurts. I wish everyone on this board would die, especially /v/ for spreading its cancerous bantz all across the site.

how did you know i dont have a license
i dont even own a car
ive never driven a car for longer than an hour and i've never gone above 60

>fwd has never won lemans
BTFO!!!!!!

How will they ever recover?!?!

They won't recover from this!
>FWD boy racers on suicide watch

FWD FUCKING SUCKS

BTFO

>fwd boy racers such a joke they made fun of handbrake turns on top gear
lol
Everyone laughs at you hondacucks

wait do people really race cars that are fwd

Yeah, the clueless boyracers who fail to admit FWD is inferior.

This

I'm glad this meme thread has rolled back around to FWD/RWD shitposting

Transverse RMR cars tend to be more rear-heavy than Longitudinal RMR cars (since a longitudunal engine protrudes more into the center of the car)

So? The new nsx is understeering pig.
Also FWD sucks

Dude I'm an MR2fag

I just know that cars with lower vertical polar-moments can turn harder than cars with a greater vertical polar-moment

No, you can still have a transaxle. It puts the mass of the engine closer to the center of the car than if you were to mount the engine directly over the rear axle line.

>Understanding pig
Talking out your ass are you. You haven't seen the NSX reviews that it can drift because the rear engine overpowers the electric motors at the front

trufax

So? It's still not a very engaging drivers car. Why would I buy one over the competition

>tfw you realize professionals can drift stock Honda Civics

>it can drift that means it doesn't understeer
OH my lord

That looks like it could wind up being gorgeous

Wow Veeky Forums really is garbage huh