Why does this heap of shit get such terrible gas mileage...

Why does this heap of shit get such terrible gas mileage? I was driving 80 last night and was getting 12-13 MPG the entire time. It does have larger than normal tires on it but for fucks sake I should be getting at least 19 highway

nah tire matters a lot dude

step 1 drive slower
step 2 get better mpg

you're in a suv not a car, just stick to 65-70mph

Larger tires are going to knock your mpg down a bit.

Also just drive slower, you're going to burn more gas at that speed without a long ass OD gear.

>why does my SUV with oversized tires doing 80 get bad mileage

It's not any better at 60-70

>It's not any better at 60-70
go buy an economy shitbox then if you want them emmpeegees

>american pig disgusting SUV
>oversize tires because muh truk
>complaing about abysmal mpg
Honestly, what did you expect?

>offroad tires
>good gas mileage

Pick one fgt

Why does a 3 ton new escalade get better mpg than a wrx sti with twice the power?

larger tires with an offroad tread plus shitty suv equals ops a faggot

I only bought it because it was $1500

First, take off the mud tires and have highway tire put on. I would bet that will net you 2 or 3 MPG right there. Second, drive the truck like an egg is under the gas pedal. Third, tune up

Thanks for the advice

Don't those things have the front driveaxles going through the oil pan?
TOP KEK!

>buy big SUV
>put big mud tires on it
>complain about MPGs
OP is a faggot

This.

subaru makes garbage engines

Because it doesn't?

But if it did, it would be because GM is a world class turd polisher and the V8 has direct injection, vtec, and cylinder deactivation so it turns in to a 4 cylinder that doesn't have as much power as the STi.

Also 8 speeds so you can spend all day shifting.

I bought a big SUV with big mud tires already on it

This.

Get something smaller if you want to save fuel.

>GM
>General Memers

Fucking Kek

/thread

My stock one gets about 20 city 23-25 highway. This is the life we chose. Does yours rattle a lot? Also, what trim level?

Oh, while I'm here maybe someone can answer my question. My sunroof "suddenly broke" after I let my sister borrow it for a few months while I was off my feet. It goes all the way forward, but the rear doesn't lift up to seal. There was an ass dent on my hood so I suspect somebody thought they were hot shit and climbed through the sunroof and slid down the glass. I know, awful. I already chewed her ass about it. I don't k of much about sunroofs, so what could be wrong? Made a nice crunching sound, doesn't anymore.

That's close enough to be sad, bro. Have fun hotboxing your subaru with vape while Jerome bangs your GF in his Escalade.

>Why does my VEE ATE with agressive tires and fuck huge size not get as much mileage as a civic?

>Does so close to not even matter
Lol, enjoy your shit box subie cuck.

>so close it doesn't matter

Idiot, we all know they came with Inline 6's only UNLESS it was an extended model.

clearly OP has the i6.

I'm jealous. Mine is the LTZ model with every option except the sunroof. It does rattle a lot

youre a fuckin moron if you think those fuckiung huge tires with fuck loads of rolling resistance aren't going to substantially lower your fuel economy.

I'm willing to bet whatever your speedo says is off by a fair amount as well. ie: indicated 80mph is actually closer to 90 mph

>driving above the magic air resistance speed of 55mph
>wonders why his poop box becomes shittier

>Chevy Trailblazer
>i6

You're not a bright fellow are you?

>"It does have larger than normal tires"
>complains about shit mpg
also it's overweight and has aerodynamics of a bus

OP here. How is your cluster looking? Mine is a complete cluster fuck

lol chevrolet electronics

General Malfunctions

Some regular models came with a 5.3 v8 as well, I think after 05. And of course there's the SS

that's an extremely high speed you were going

I think that's the Colorado / Canyon?
Not sure about the SUV.

BTW OP, what engine do you have? i6 or V8 5.3?

4.2l v6

It's an i6 OP. Not V6.

You do know they came with i6's right?

Atlas 4.2L is an inline six you dolt.

Yeah, mine came fully loaded. Pretty happy with it. It's just a good truck, hasn't given me any trouble, sans the sunroof.
Same. I don't mind it though.