Can we talk about how 10/10 the 717 Siege of Constantinople was?

Can we talk about how 10/10 the 717 Siege of Constantinople was?

>Muslim armies make camp
>immediately attacked by Bulgars
>Maslama tries to scale the Theodosian Walls
>defenders just pick his men off
>Maslama tries to attack the sea walls
>fleet gets burned alive by Greek fire
>negotiates with Leo
>Leo convinces him to burn his supplies to prove that he's about to take the city
>Leo then doesn't let Maslama in
>worse winter in anyone's lifetime
>Muslim armies starve
>Romans sit in comfy in Constantinople
>Maslama forced to get reinforcements from Christians
>Romans attack them
>most of his reinforcements run away or defect to the Romans
>Muslims forced to go home
>sail back
>volcano erupts and sets flaming hail upon the retreating Muslims
>plague breaks out in Cilicia and devastates remaining land forces

>romans
>speak greek, don't have a republican government, aren't Roman Catholic, don't live in Rome, couldn't hold Rome

lets talk about how the islam experiment started at saracen and ended at mongol

>romans
>not greeks

Other than that, yeah, it was 10/10

Is Leo the Isaurian the greatest ruse man of all time?

>byzantines
>christian
The greeks worshiped at the altars of excess and greed. They were no more Christian than the Mohamedeans.

>don't have a republican government, aren't Roman Catholic, don't live in Rome, couldn't hold Rome
Geez kinda like the late Western "Roman" Empire

why don't you talk about how 10/10 the 1453 siege of Constantinople was christcuck?

>Leo convinces him to burn his supplies to prove that he's about to take the city
The absolute madman

It was too one sided, depressing and generally less memetastic

>Less memetastic
It has a giant cannon and a mad sultan ordering his fleet overland.

I'm from the Philippines and even cunts here have heard of that in World history high school classes since its the stock of high school professors looking to show the OMG COOL things in history.

H-HOW?

Exactly.

Most Romans were Germanic by then also.

Priests are imaginative writers

>pretend that your defences are on the brink of collapse
>arabs ge wayt too confident
>arabs want to completely demoralise you and make you surrender
>the geniuses burn their own supplies as if they don't even need them anymore
This is the only explanation I can think of

>Romans
Excuse me?

It was the muslim writers who said that

>Turkey's greatest achievment is conquering a city that was already left devastated by the Fourth Crusade and the recent civil war
Fucking laughable.
Even so, the most impressive thing about the Fall of Constantinople isn't from the Turkish side but Constantine IX's last stand and how a quarter of the Turkish force was killed during the siege.

>roman catholic
funniest part of your post

>roman catholic

Hail fellow byzaboo. Personally, as an italian, I admire Giovanni Longo's role in the defence particuarly. A personal friend to emperor Kostantinos, spontaneously decided to arm his own batallion of men and come to die at his friend's side. Tasked with supreme command over the defence, managed to succesfully hold the walls for weeks; and only perished as a consequence of a stray arrow in the final attack. If only he could have stayed and die heroically fighting side by side with Kostantinos...

lol yes 1453 was also 10/10

I wouldn't say it was 10/10 especially considering how far gone the byzzies already were. That said I'd give it a solid 8/10
>walking your ships over land to get past the chain the byzantines used to shut the harbour
>using massive guns to scare the shit out of the defenders
>end of the defense brought about because some dumb fuck forgot to close one of the gates and the turks entered and raised their flag above it, making the defenders panic

Greek here, giovanni will always be in our hearts.

Your pope though needs to suck ten dicks.

>italian
>my pope
ISHYGDDT
Also Kostantinos sent a desperate plea for help to the pope, promising to mend the schism if he had agree to partake in the upcoming war; and the Pope did issue some bland sort of intervention alliance, but when it came to actually send trops to Costantinople, pretty much all of christianity did a retro-front and let it to die.

>Oh yeah?
>Burn your supplies, if your army's so great.

stream it.