/fog/ - Fallout General

Todd "The Tower" Howard Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13864/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10151/?
mu6.me/131529
rule34.com/piperwright
vocaroo.com/i/s0VAX1EhpvtI
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10446/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does using this command disable achievements for that playthrough?

>actually caring about achievements

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13864/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10151/?

Who gives a shit?

Post characters.

Be careful with that, I got Sanctuary all set up for Preston and company, then used scrapall at Red Rocket and half my shit in Sanctuary was gone too.

I haven't been here since december, did anyone actually make a good plugsuit mod yet? Really, the only reason I have to go back to F4 at this point is to roleplay that institute is selee, othewise I am having way too much fun with TTW

>mu6.me/131529
>up here

mein sides

anything to get this dead as fuck thread rolling, hm?

are there any mods that give super mutants the old snarled mouth?

Nuka World has been and gone and Bethesda has moved on. ded game til lewd mods now.

still better than preston's vanilla VA

Preston's VA really was shit. There were moments where he showed emotion and actually did a good performance, like when his voice cracks up as he's panicking a bit as raiders are trying to break in to the office of the museum, and it more or less begging for your help.

But then there's plenty of times where it flat-out sounds like it's his first time reading his lines, and he's almost stumbling over them.

Male SS is like that too, some line reads are spot-on perfect and some have really weird emphasis that doesn't match at all.

You've gotta blame the voice director though, it's their job to correct those sorts of mistakes.

Piper R34 where?

rule34.com/piperwright

No search results found

Thanks for the link at least user

Alright /fog/, Ive finally decided to playthrough the whole of fallout 4 in survival, any vanilla friendly mods for a first real playthrough?

Also post gunfus

Are you saying you've never played Fallout 4 and are starting now?

Could somebody tell me the name of the New Vegas mod that allows you to see what weapon mods you have attached to a gun?

I played it a couple of times but always stoped at like 10 hours or so and just went back to new vegas or another game, also I just got a new rig so I can actually play it with fps above 30.

Weapon mod menu
Also /cfog/ is better for this question

If you don't have Nuka World, use Key Nuker to declutter your inventory a bit.

vocaroo.com/i/s0VAX1EhpvtI
Why is Bethesda combat so awful?

Is there a better Pip-Boy light overhaul than Legendary Lamps?
Which one do you use?

I'd kill for RDR/Max Payne 3/Division combat in a fallout game.

and metal gear solid stealth

Throw in a decent exposure/realistic item carry/survival needs mode and you'd have the true GOTAY

I played MGSV right before FO4 released and I instantly knew it ruined whatever the fuck bethesda would call "stealth in FO4.

I honestly wonder why their shit is so hyped up sometimes, probably just the brand names mostly.

>I honestly wonder why their shit is so hyped up sometimes, probably just the brand names mostly.
I blame the normies. Fallout stealth is virtually non existent.

Post Piper

I NEED HELP, FALLOUT GENERAL!
Fucking Dogmeat disappeared on me in fallout 4. Somewhere downtown i think. I tried to fix it by recruiting someone else, I sent him to a settlement I cleared out previously. Nothing there but a bed and a doghouse. I checked Red Rocket, Sanctuary Hills, and the place I told him to go back to, including all the rooftops and ringing a bell. Tried resetting and whatnot. I'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm getting the achievements on this playthrough, so console commands and mods are out of the question. Does anyone have any tips or ideas that might help me track him down/reset him to a different location? I've done the quest where you use him to track Kellogg, too, so that's not an option either.
I know I'm in a shitty situation where there's not too much I can do, but that's exactly why I need to ask. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe just a previous experience with this bug to tell me where he might be stuck? Like I said, I want to say it was somewhere downtown-ish. The last time i remember for sure is doing the introduction to the Railroad at Old North Church. So there's probably a good chance that had something to do with it. Thanks, all.

get vault dlc
make settlement control terminal
track dogmeat
?????
profit

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing. I haven't really played since December, once the DLC's started coming out i decided to just wait until they were all out to do a proper playthrough. I googled the problem a million different times in a million different wordings. Should've came here first i guess. Thanks man.

Does anyone know a mod that turns Red Rocket into a decent player home? That isn't the Elianora one.

I'm to lazy to spend hours using Bethesda's minecraft knock-off.

Looks a little young for a mom with a legal degree.

>Not downloading the fix so Nora is a combat veteran too

>Still using the vanilla start
C'mon, mate.

>black nora will never sit on (You)r face
why live?

>black nora
Wut? that is black Nate

user, unless you go out of your way to avoid all main quest triggers or areas you will always be dragged back to the predefined role of grieving husband/wife looking for their baby boy.

You can be a mercenary who is a grieving husband/wife looking for their baby boy, or a raider asshole who is a grieiving husband/wife looking for their baby boy, but you can never be just a mercenary or a raider asshole.

Has anyone ever found a legendary submachine gun? the one I found was from cricket and I'm pretty sure some raider stole it from my base.

I like to imagine you look like black nora irl.

I remember when people still had imagination.

Where can i pirate the nuka world dlc without the main game? My internet is too potato to get the whole repack. I have the game patched all the way to conraptions right now.

>say fuck it and install that power armour overhaul anyway with the existing patches and ones done by some random
>get it working mostly but then I realize the Brotherhood PA mod that makes them use different models coflicts
If you don't have the overhaul below it in the load order you don't get any paints.

So nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10446/? has been abandoned right?

pray someone posts the mega, I need it too

thread gods please deliver

Reporting in for the waifu brigade

who is this boy?

Have you checked your settler's inventory? I remember a time when that same exact gun went missing from my workshop storage and I had to spend hours upon hours in-game looking for it until I found out that it was simply one of my settlers who took it.

This, settlers are sneaky shits. When your settlement comes under attack and they go into panic mode sometines they cone across the container you have your weapons in and will take it.

this
>mfw I come back from clearing out a gunner base and decide to outfit my defense settlers in heavy combat armor only to find a settler walking around with my legendary radium rifle and 10000 rounds of .45

>Decide to restart from right before the Kellogg fight
>Delete a couple saves
>Realize Survival doesn't create a new save at every bed, just a couple autosaves
>Mfw my last save was right after leaving the vault

I haven't rekt myself this hard in a while.

What kind of boys are you used to?

>been wondering why the opening slow moving camera shots were slideshowing
>google it
>apparently I have a lot of saves
>my survival auto save mod when I zone/load a new cell kept stacking
>23gb worth of saves
>download a quicksave for survival mod
welp

You can limit the number of autosave the game makes.

>user, unless you go out of your way to avoid all main quest triggers

Which is easily done

>using quicksave for survival
why do you even bothering play survival, faggot?

It's complete.

what's the best ending? I've already done the institute ending, I was thinking about doing the BoS one, what do you guys think?

NV had quick saves for survival.
But to answer your question:
>increased damage done and damage taken
>resource management
>reduced inventory size
>ammo weight
>worry of diseases/food/water
>making perks like lead belly and shit useful
I am sorry that I did not like your shitty save system, Todd.

Minutemen has a feelgood for the people type ending
BoS is a robotic attempting sad feels ending with a retarded robot scene
I never did the railroad ending but im sure it sucked

Release?

For the testers, soon

Any clue what causes this kind of thing to happen?

Also, the menu screen slideshow has gone black for no apparent reason. I'm thinking I may need to refresh my .ini, but I did a lot of tweaks already and I'd like to see if there's another solution.

Dirty edits 90%.
Using that new subway runner mod? That things dirty as fuck.

I am indeed, and the little time I've spent playing it is proving it to be pretty unfinished at present.

Thanks for letting me know, because I was thinking I'd fucked up my shadows or some shit.

It's a shame how dirty that mod is, I really wanted to use it and do a metro type playthrough complemented by that carpenter radio mod an user made a few weeks ago

does the BoS get "tyrannical" or some shit like this?

By best do you mean the most happy one? If so; Minuteplebs.

Personally though, I find the Brotherhood ending to be the most fun, just because the random patrols that get added to the Commonwealth post-victory are the most entertaining, with vertbirds flying into buildings etc.

Plus their checkpoints can generally stand up for themselves, unlike the synth or heavies you get with the Institute or RR. Minutemen checkpoints aren't worth mentioning in that regard.

I'm gutted Nuka World didn't let you use the raider gangs for the MQ though. I wasn't even hoping for a full quest, that'd be asking too much, just the option for them to have a couple of quests to destroy the other main factions, followed by raiders being added to Diamond City/wasteland checkpoints etc.

The BoS is already tyrannical, they're basically a raider gang with advanced technology and the trappings of legitimacy.

How many settlements in the Commonwealth have they attacked?

The minutemen are weak though, that's my main concern. What's BoS main objective? Do you ever become their leader?

nigga their radiant quest is literally bullying farmers into giving food
>/skyrim/

Just downloaded the Vault Tec workshop and as soon as I enter the Vault 88 area (through the tiny cave) I can't see any walls or floors and moving the mouse makes everything blurry.

Anyone know what's causing this?

Try holding TAB.

I personally hate the settler AI. Worst pathing in the whole game.

It's not a lightning issue

what mods are you using
what are your system specs

All mods disabled on a fresh new game, computer is using very new parts and has more than enough RAM, new GPU (drivers uptodate)

Having played a little bit through some of the mod-added tunnels, it's clear he's put the mod up too early (or is okay with the public doing playtesting for him). There's named NPCs with shops in University Station, but all of their stuff has no ownership yet. Some of the enemy pathfinding is still clunky down there- but with some work it looks pretty serviceable. At the very least it has smooth FPS for how long the abandoned subway segments are.

pirated game/dlc?

All of them? Their quartermaster sends you out to get food from farmers. You can do it the lovey-dovey way and pay them, but you can also just """"requisition"""" it at gunpoint, which is implied to be the standard way they do things.

They also confiscate technology, which you don't see but all their background dialogue references. Maxson has decreed that all 'advanced technology' is going to be handed over to the Brotherhood or else according to Brotherhood NPC idle dialogue and Danse implies this covers shit like power armour.

Sure they don't go in and stick settlers on meat hooks to torture them, but they're still basically just using strength to take whatever they want, which is basically what seperates settlers from raiders.

reposting from a few threads ago about the mod

DIRTY: 576 ITM, 329 UDR
Not to mention:
Deleted a vanilla container record.
Removed Eddie Winter reference in Andrew Station (can only imagine what this might do for Nick's companion quest)
Edits a couple NPC records for no reason, not a big deal but he also outright deleted a Caravan Guard NPC.
Deleted a Subwar Platform Static record.

That's as far as I looked through it, wasn't gonna bother looking through every Cell and Worldspace edit.
Most of these are just simple oversights, mostly from the wonky way the CK works and probably will be fixed soon enough as he seems to be aware of them. Seems to be fairly new to Bethesda modding.

>the anti bos child is here again
I wonder how many times he repeats the words tyrant or fascism.

nope, all purchased through steam and all files verified

>implying they are not fascistic or tyrannical
>thinking it's always the same person
What are you, fucking gay?

BoS endgame is confiscating all advanced technology, eliminating any large pockets of ghouls, mutants or synths (they clash with raiders but don't seem concerned with wiping them out) and then they'll likely move on to some new crusade, leaving behind a garrison to collect tribute in the same way it seems they did in the Capital Wasteland.

They're not interested in organising the basics of a society in the same way the Minutemen are, they're basically post-apocalyptic feudalists, they protect you by being the biggest, baddest people in the region, and you give them half your stuff in thanks, or a knight is sent round to execute your brahmin until you learn some gratitude.

cummy in mummy