Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

SKREEE Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W (embed)

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Mo Zing Miko, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

gw2bltc.com/
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion's_Arch_Survivors_Dye_Kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you
Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]

Those are troll guilds made to trick members away from joining the real above official guilds.

Don't believe that troll copy paste that gets posted. Every single person listed above plays actively and will invite you immediately.

keggin seriously add my guild

NA [SotW]: Henge of Denravi, whisper Effie the Protector

>Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]
>posts FUN and HOPE

this is pretty pathetic, reminder the real guilds are in the OP

thats all I need to say

There's only 2 active guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP. Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading, and I see you are now trying to convince people that it's not.

already points out just one of the contradictions in your post, it's pretty obvious you're the one trolling here.

Which are the most essential crafting professions?

just dont join any guild mentioned here...

Effie...I wanted you to know that I secretly loved you this entire time. That's why I have been so angry and rude towards you in a disproportionate manner. We should meet and have sex in real life and talk about my Borderline Personality Disorder...

t. Keggin.

>here
fuck off vae

How do I make lot of gold in this game?

gw2bltc.com/

or just do your dailies and raid.

I am honoured!

There's different weapon/armor professions depending on your class, like Weaponsmith and Armorsmith, they're essential for ascended gear.

AB meta, gathering routes, dailies.

how about, people think for themselves, instead of being mindless sheepfags

if people want to join a dead guild from 's list, i dont really care

if you aren't retarded, you will realize something is up when nobody from those lists logs in to invite you, plus half the people in the fake guilds are permabanned so you cant even mail them

I want to be a mindless sheepfag and not join a Veeky Forums guild!!!

>if people want to join a dead guild
most of them arent from Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums either

are you a cute girl, user c: ?

literally nobody cares except the paedophile that replied to you

You're gay
you cared enough to reply yourself

nice logic there buddy :3

Random thing; I know sometimes gw2 is a really dumb game, but it's one of the few where the art team gave enough of a shit that archers look like they know how to use a bow.

yeah, too bad sword swinging isn't as half as convincing or cool.

What could be the cause of random freezes in guild wars2? I have acer aspire with i5 and gtx960. I did fresh install and I do have latest drivers. Does anyone here got this problem and maybe fixed it or know how to fix it?

You know thats kinda how I feel about this game sometimes... overall it feels... "ehhhhh" but then you have like small moments of gameplay or visuals or even level design the feels really good.
My favorite place in game is still the hidden strawberry farm in the town of Nolan. Even events like the karka queen that gave out precursors where fun and rather exciting.
I kinda wish we had some more huge extravagant things, but I guess halloween is coming soon so woo~

how much ram and vram you've got?

8gigs of ram and 2gigs of vram

the game randomly freezes and dies or freeze and then goes on?

Haven't played since before the expansion. Since that's still $50, I'm not going to be picking that up anytime soon.

What do 80s usually do without Heart of Thorns?

fractals

Sometimes randomly freezes and after some where around 5 freezes freezes completely

they take off the mask

It would be extremely painful

fur her

Do I get ascended trinkets for each character or do I just trade off the gear between characters?

How is the new legendary weapon to be acquired? Farm the new two maps and buy the materials with unbound magic?

ascended gear is account bound so yea you can trade it, but be warned! if something is skinned as a racial piece of armour, they must be the same race too.
but trinkets and rings/backs are all good

depends on how inconvenient you'd like things to be for yourself

Is it possible to do swamp solo as a necro?

Returning player here
Can I get to level cap without buying the new expansion?
Also what classes are good now? I lost my account but enjoyed most of them anyway so I'll be starting over and I hope to start strong.

Are mesmers, guardians, and warriors still in disgusting demand?

which is better for a viper reaper?

viper trinkets or sinister trinkets? im getting mixed answers. some says viper is better.

level cap hasnt changed so yes
depends on the content
condi necro is meta for fractals
warrior, rev, mes, necro?, ele are for raids
its hard to be bad with any of the classes really.
except thief
thief is only ok thanks to daredevil in pve

Also, farm gold in the Silverwastes.

Those three for the quick dungeon runs aren't as needed as before, everyone got insane buffs since then.

Pretty much anything is decent in some way or another in any game mode, except maybe Thief and Engineers who have a bit more limited areas of excellence.

+1 to some say viper is better

they is a thread somewhere in the official forums that goes a bit more deeper. But it doesnt really matter unless you try to get some records.

Can you get Viper trinkets now? Where?

viper
the minor loss in dmg and crit is way paid for in longer duration
not to mention you shouldnt need critchance as much with necros trait Decimate Defenses for almost constant 50% crit chance
even target the weak will get you an extra 15% or so

new maps.

ember bay
the petrified wood can be traded for a trinket that has access to viper stats
any stats in game atm

Unless you want to run fracs with classes that don't require different builds you could swap but it's a pain in the ass.

I haven't tried the new system yet (took a break after I ran the HoT storymode), but I imagine it might make it possible to just use exotics for snowflake builds (reflect, healer or condi mainly) and still use your other gear to cap Agony.

I remember when they removed stats from vial of salt, hoping the new trinkets stay that way.

>Someone I loved a lot is always angry and rude towards me and ignores me when they aren't angry
>Secretly still love them
>Read this

thief is actually still top single target dps without DD, the classic backstab build gets pretty much the same dps as DD with the only problem being that you can't use it during those weird raid encounters where you're always exposed for no particular reason.

*medium/small single target dps

elementalist is still king of nuking large bosses

yea they -can- have top dps
heck im sure they can out dps any or most classes
but holy hell am I tired of picking up thief after thief after thief in fractals and pve metas
which sucks because I really want theif to be more... user friendly? daredevil helps alot but I guess I prefer to have more durability

Are you me?

Try rev, they're chill as fuck and have some thief elements.

Which are the most useful classes to have?

Depending on what you want to play, but I'd say that warrior, guardian, mesmer and necro are good for everything. Elementalist probably as well. Thief and the engineer might be niche.

>tfw no HOPE raids

(Male) Salad Guardian, Reaver, Ranger, Mesmer, or Elementalist?

male (female) femcharr ele

Guard or Ele

So, what's the best use for that currency from SW? I'm new to GW, just got my lvl 80 and farmed that place for a few days. I had like 500 of those coins and I've dumped them all to bandit chest keys and did some chest farming in grps. Just wonder if that's considered a good use for those coins, or maybe I should invest them into something else?

Keys and to a lesser degree obsidian shards (you need them to craft anything better than exotics), but those drop from the bandit chests anyway. If you haven't done it yet, there's a collection achievement for extracting all the possible parts from each of the champions that spawn under the forts.

>new patch came out a few days ago
>thread is already dead again

>buy the game early access pre-order
>play until halloween
>quit
>forget for a few years
>log in again during last christmas event
>the game is full of people with end game gear and my stupid character with noob stuff
>too anti-social to join a guild or talk to people
>uninstall

Is this game still bad? I mean, do they still make you run dungeons thousands of times for cosmetic sets?

Only asking because I noticed the armor gallery in your OP and there's some nice looking armor.

But, even last time they had anything nice when I was playing it was like;

>collect 200x, 600y, 1000z then gamble it for a 0.1% chance to drop 1/16th of the items you need to create the thing you want [lasts 3 hours]

Still the same stuff?

Are you talking about gw2? Because most skins are piss easy to get, and the ones that aren't are usually tacky and OTT.

>Are you talking about gw2?
Yes. I ran the calculations a while back and it was like 2000 dungeon tokens to buy the weapons and armor set.

well since you only played like the first year, yea they changed skins so that once you get it once, theyre unlocked forever,for all characters. but i cant really think of any single skin besides some yearly/celebration shit that isnt easy to get

mind you, you have to be level 80 and not a loner shitter for it to be easy, otherwise why even bother playing a massively "multiplayer" game alone unless your masochistic or an idiot

my friend is f2p, we're on the same map but different "server"/session and i cant change to his nor he can change to mine

what do? why wont it let us? even if its because he's free to play i should be able to go on his session

2000 tokens for a complete set, yea but typically people only want one or two pieces.
and even then get 2k tokens isnt hard you just have to run each path once a day for like 3 days.
and thats like... 30min? less than an hour even with a bad group unless youre talking about Arah

server is different from session
if you to are on different servers,lol get rekt
if youre on different sessions or IP's then you should be able to join party with them, right click their avatar and join their session

we're on the same region there is one megaserver since 2014 so it shouldnt be a problem and the server selection was automatic for both of us

Yes, it's still the same for dungeons but they added some other ways of getting the same gear in PvP or WvW.
Now skins are better spread around, there's nice ones you get from history, events, world bosses and other stuff, not just dungeons,

The good thing is that when you're exotic/ascended (minor improvement) your character will be forever "endgame".
And it's really easy getting to this point.

The gambling stuff isn't as bad now, but there's still some of it.
And yeah, for the "big" items it's always gambling, last year's halloween had a nice shoulder skin that made your character surround by a flock of bats and it's pure gambling to get one of the items, but it's tradeable (600g~) and you still need to farm a LOT for the rest.

But well, at least it's something to farm for once you're "endgame".

again, if thats the case then you should be able to right click on the icon in the top left corner and join session

looks like we're in different worlds, waht the fuck it should let me do it

>mfw he got on a north america server while im on europe...

now i may be wrong but i believe mega servers are towns only? but that sounds wrong
now i will remind you that NA servers cannot mingle with EU servers, no matter what
are you both NA or both EU?

we should be both on eu but somehow this fuck managed to make america

great again

well... you coooooooould delete all characters and move to EU
im not sure if it kills your bank/wallet but you may get to keep that

nah he's an utter newbie so he made a new account now it should be kk

Yeah, it's definitely all too easy to be bad at playing thief.

DD has helped thief a LOT though, a thief can just AA and make sure to keep their endurance not full and still out-dps basically everything but elementalist and DH on a larger target.
But then, unlike the rest of the professions, thief usually doesn't bring any support to the table. It has black powder and smokescreen in fractals and that's kind of it. In a raid, if a thief can't pull out all its stops, it's not worth the minor dps increase when you could have a necro who will save people with transfusion and passively heal with vampiric aura.

In PvP and fractals, especially fractals, a bad thief player will eat a lot of shit, though. Because their defenses are almost entirely active, whereas most other frail classes have passive defenses to bank on if they have to.

Ultimately; being a good thief usually just isn't worth the effort it takes to play one.
My point, however, was that a thief can pull max dps without daredevil, if you were so inclined. It's less desirable in almost every way, but if you absolutely had to, you could.

>tfw your waifu doesnt want to do anything together anymore

>Buying with tokens

Nigger this isn't WoW.

You can buy a full set of gear on the trading post -_-

what did you and your waifu do before?

>tfw you are single and at peace in your isolation like a monk going through trials to achieve enlightenment

feels good man. you need to first be content and love yourself before you can truly love someone else.

ignore this post if you dont like platitudes.

game related portion: what is your favorite dye(s)? mine has to be the rare enameled colors. i love the dark affect they have especially the crimson.

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion's_Arch_Survivors_Dye_Kit

>you need to first be content and love yourself before you can truly love someone else.
drosera said this before, put your trip back on

that post was like 30seconds after mine, I couldn't take off my trip and samefag in that time

mine is Enameled Emblaze, also Shadow Abyss, Abyss, Black, Charred, and Cinders

>you need to first be content and love yourself before you can truly love someone else

You should know that he doesn't post without a trip in gw2g.

It doesn't surprise me if he said this because it's a very well known saying.

Also look at the count timer like he just said

>whisper
>send a mail

f2p can't do any of those

first off, that guys is trying to trick you

second, check the OP, its got the right info
>-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Pretty good taste in dyes. A lot of people don't know how to use Shadow Abyss properly from what I've seen in game. It can ruin textures if it's used incorrectly.

I used to use it a lot, but now I use it as some of the smaller details on clothing, or like when I cant get a dark dye to match abyss/black on a piece of armor that for some reason makes dyes a different shade

Nice game, retards.

I put my faith in this thread

But I like the mask.

Play games and talk on skype with music

That means you were diamond or higher last season. Even if you lost you'd be placed in sapphire.