Struggles for your first car?

ITT: Shit you had to go through for your first cars and what they where.
My situation:
I'm currently saving up for my first car, pretty much the only thing I've been looking forward to all my life. Well it's nothing like I thought it would be. I'm currently working at McDonald's making 8.35 an hour for about 7 months now, I have been saving up every check and only used about 3-400 in total mostly for my parents. I hate every second being there and the pay doesn't justify me dealing with the bullshit I have to, but still greatful for a job. I have to date $2649.64. That won't get me jack shit around here. My dad says he'll chip in about 4K with me, but it can't be manual and I don't want a hand-out. Should I take the help or keep saving and buy a piece of crap?
I feel buying a cheap car will only result in various repairs. Or I can buy something nice, but auto for around 7k and It would have to stick with me throughout college. There is plan-c, I could take my dads 2002 Infiniti G20, and use it pull more hours at work until I have enough for a real first car. I could use it as a good learner but I just don't want it, we've had it for five years and it runs great plus it has an SR-20DE which is cool. I'll probably go with plan c but I'd like to hear your opinions and some struggles you guys had to go through for your first cars and what they were.
Pic related it's the G20.

>"I feel buying a cheap car will only result in various repairs"

A cheap car that wasn't taken care of will result in various repairs

>but auto for around 7k
If it takes you 7 months to save $2600, you don't want to owe that kind of money.

Take the infiniti, it'a a sentra with leather seats and it looks better.

Get a job slinging pizzas, you'll make $2500 a month workin full time in a middle class delivery area. Plus you leave work everyday with tips, anywhere from $80 to $100 bucks worth on an 8 hour shift.

Save up for 6 months, be financially savvy, sell the G20 and get whatever the fuck you want.

Your Life Problem = Solved.

then hed have to drive an auto you fucking idiot

OH MAN!!!!!
AN AUTO???
JESUS CHRIST!!!!

eat a turd

Plan c sounds like a fair deal. More pros. Can't be picky on a tight budget. Take the infiniti. Save for your own decent car one pay cheque at a time ;) hope this helps, just my 2c

Your dad says it can't be a manual? Fuck that mate, get a manual shitbox. If you save up 3k you could definitely find something decent with higher mileage and a manual tranny. Just do plenty of research and don't buy something that's known to be unreliable.

Fuck off. I'd rather not have a car then drive an auto

>all these Americans killing over manual

Yurop here, I'd kill for auto

Are you saying the infiniti isnt fucking amazing? It's got an sr20 retard

Just take the infiniti

Thanks for the opinions, the G20 is a great little car but yeah it's a FWD auto... a 4-speed at that. I'd love to swap a SR-20VET 5-speed into it but that'd defeat the point of saving up. What are some good first cheap cars? I want:
-300zx I know the engine bay
-FC RX-7 I know apex seals
-E36 M3 I never researched
The ones above go for a decent price around here in manual and I don't really mind the reliability issues because of the Internet, there is literally step-by-steps for everything.

>hurr FWD is bad
>let me just list old sports cars to have as a first car
>look at these surface level memes im an expert
Yeah fuck off cunt

>FWD is bad
It literally is.
>with 4 speed slushbox
You're actually recommending this you shitlord.

I'd look for a mazda or honda with about 175k miles

FWD isn't bad, it's reliable and gets better gas mileage. I don't hate it but I do prefer RWD. And the cars id like as first cars seem a bit much but I've seen a few going for great prices and why not go for something you want or prefer. I am also not claiming to be an expert when I did research on the cars on various forums I noted the faults and things to look out for. Now how about these cars:
-Lexus IS300 hard to find manual
-Infiniti G35 great cars
-Acura TL-S
Do you have any suggestions?

>considering first cars
>I PREFER RWD
Yeah go fuck yourself asshole you don't know enough to prefer anything
>FWD is reliable and has good mpg!
That's the only thing you can think of? You must be b8

b8

>be 19
>save $5,000
>granpap gives me $2k
>buy fiesta
>no hiccups whatsoever until I totaled it when nearly paid off far ahead of schedule and bought a spark with the payout in an identical manner
>once financially stable began pouring money into old shitboxes that I had no confidence would start when asked

Fucking do it, just don't buy something that'll start fucking up. Spark's AC is garbage and dies but you get a hell of a warranty on it. Both cars were cheap as fucking dirt to run and insure. Just suck up the embarrassment, enjoy having a reliable commuter and THEN you can start slinging cash at a proper manuel hoonmobile. I have a taste for 70's-90's light trucks, but whatever suits you can probably be found cheap on CR.

CL I mean.

I had to wait for my brother to get a new car before I could get mine, but luckily he bought one just as I got my license.

Honda Civic best first car in the world

Buy a manual civic you fuck

Bulletproof tranny and it'll go as fast as you make it.

Well I'm not buying a first car tomorrow, and I will be learning on the G20 a FWD and I have driven a few RWD cars and AWD drive cars and I personally prefer them both over FWD and there's cars like the TL, TSX & Mazdaspeed3 that I wouldn't mind. Again do you have any suggestions?

No. you don't prefer RWD. You have no idea what the fuck you're even saying.

There are more factors to the performance of a car beyond drive layout you fucking shit.

Yeah you're right and thanks sharing for your experience, the G20 seems like my best until I have enough for a better first car.
Thanks for the tips, I find Civics to be really funny as everyone praises their reliability, I have many friends who have older civics, accords and one with a prelude. They're always at the shop for whatever it may be but I will admit they're are very cheap and easy to maintain. But so is the G20, before this one we had 94 with 245k that ran like a champ until the tranny started slipping so I am confident in the G20 reliability. Plus civics are EVERYWHERE, G20s are a bit of a rare sight nowadays.

McDonald's hahahahaha. Fucking loser fat neet. How's those roommates treating ya? Mom make you dinner?

So you worked 7 months and made less than 3 grand? I make that in 2 weeks....how pathetic are you? You got bitch tito and wear Anime shirts?

Well I guess not but does it really matter, I'm just saying I did feel a difference in driving as IS350 and a TL or a G35X and a Jetta GLI.
I know that and I'm not just focused on performance, I just want something that appeals to me and is different is all. And I acknowledge that there are great cars no matter what the drivetrain.