/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L
-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. BootNTR has been fixed. Don't update unless you have a CFW installed, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-If you are on 11.0, install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152
>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Kwmjwnek
destructoid.com/vita-developer-thanks-pirates-for-giving-its-game-attention-turns-them-into-paying-customers-389045.phtml
mega.nz/#!nURyRJhL!zifa5WZspc_Jz7_wc97qWm5KmBlpCHJ7W7LaTgg3XOg
mega.nz/#!Zok01SQA!VtzNyeEPyV_vmHn79TSNHdkIfJLCHg-y1MvQYXZfNTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paper Mario fix

pastebin.com/Kwmjwnek

Fucking shit

Because it was never released on the eShop. Only cart.

I wish Gal Gunvolt was longer.

replace cos.xml with the contents of this for the EU launching issue

Ah yes but what I wanted was the DLC for the special edition, I mean the map like Awakening and all this stuff, the DLC files that are updated usually are destined for Fire Emblem fates Birthright or Conquest but not for the special edition

So I'm currently on 10.5 on my N3DS, I've decided that I'll probably just downgrade my O3DS instead of my N3DS because I don't want to have to format the latter and lose pretty much everything on it... One thing I want to keep on my N3DS though is the custom theme I have right now, is there any way to have the theme stay even after updating the firmware?

How does Digimon Next Order play? How soon can I get Omnimon?

>mfw digimon next order's opening plays when you use ExE for the first time

It plays like Digimon world 1/Re Digitize with some new things added

Alright, I think we know why I'm here /hbg/.
Hands in the air and surrender that Sun & Moon leak, RIGHT NOW.

>It plays like Digimon world 1/Re Digitize with some new things added

I never play any of those.

Wow that was close, nearly missed the new thread.

Damn I've replace the cos.xml but I have a bigger problem. I can't see the game on Loadiine GX2 v0.3 (build 195aaab)

My folder is
wiiu -> apps > loadiine
homebrew_launcher
Paper Mario [CNFP01] > code
content
meta

Paper mario's folder is 7,52 Go, where did I fuck up?
It's almost one step to heaven
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just play XY and pretend some of the Pokémon are evil aliens

>Vitagen and /v/ are claiming it's shit and the PS4 version will be magically better

Are they bitter that they can't play it in English right now?

I'll leak it in 5 hours.

CNFP doesn't exist.
The game also goes in your games folder.

dude, create a games folder on root
apps/....
games/PM CS [CNFE01]/code+meta+content

Yes.

The translation job might be better, since they actually updated the translation for Re:Hollow Fragment and might now want bad subs to hurt the PS4's image.

The game won't magically be better, maybe just look nicer and cut off bits of the screen like Cyber Sleuth.

So I crashed during my downgrade, and I can't boot hombrew by holding down on the d-pad anymore. Does that mean I have to go through smashhax again? do I use the same payload or download one for 9.2?

destructoid.com/vita-developer-thanks-pirates-for-giving-its-game-attention-turns-them-into-paying-customers-389045.phtml

Wow, really?

>>Vitagen and /v/ are claiming it's shit and the PS4 version will be magically better
Is this true?

I heard PS4 version looked WAY better and had new digimon added for the localization, take it with a grain of salt though.

We could always just fix the translation job if need be.

>The game won't magically be better

I'm being told the PS4 version will have "double the content" and "make the game harder" (since it's apparently too easy right now). Whether that's bullshit or not, I do not know.

Thanks user

Is hacking a 2DS similar to hacking a 3DS? I'm considering buying a 2DS because they're dirt cheap right now, but want to make sure I can crack it

Ye better not be messin' wit' me or ye'll be sorry, swashbuckler.

How do I rename a .zip as .VPK? I'm trying, but it ends up as .VPK.zip

anyone got disgaea 3 vita for the usa?

change your settings to allow recognized file extensions in the filename

so this allow me to play the game on the TV?

mv ${FILE}.vpk ${FILE}.zip

mega.nz/#!nURyRJhL!zifa5WZspc_Jz7_wc97qWm5KmBlpCHJ7W7LaTgg3XOg
There you go

It's the same shit.

Please Respond.

I am bitter for 1 reason alone. The dlc wasn't dumped and i want maicomon

what firmware does it say in your system settings?

wow i wasn't expecting to actually get a link
thank you

It says I have 9.2.0-20U
but it crashed during the downgrade, and the guide says to start over from the begining. But I can't boot homebrew anymore.

If you are here, thank you very much, you guys are wonderfull people, I finally did it!

Browserhax should work on 9.2.0-20U.

By the way, my 3DS is like this:
>Sys 10.3.0-28U
Can I update the firmware now?

can i ask which website did you get that link?

It didn't work before at 10.7, the dns was fucked up or something. Is it safe for me to not be on it right now?

9.2 payload into menuhax and run the downgrade once more

>that 1 saltyfag telling to not treat pirates as human but as scum, ect, ect and more anal bleeding

People thought we were kidding when we said vita piracy will boost memory card sales, vita seles and potentially earning new buyers for some games.

Please respond. Is there any way to keep my custom theme? Because I really don't want to format my system.

It's safe for you to turn off tubehax DNS on 9.2.

Assuming you have a9lh and a FIRM protecting CFW like Luma, yes.

Reinstall the theme you aspic

Im not on 9.2 though

If I go buy a new black New 3DS XL right now, what firmware will it be on?

I mean, keep my custom theme after updating the system officially, since I'm thinking about downgrading my O3DS and keep my N3DS up to the latest official firmware.

You are when it matters, e.g. the NVER.

Put yourself at ease by launching the Browser with the DNS still on. The version number should be less than 1.1.9996, and anything below about 1.6.10147 is safe without DNS.

A guy on reddit said that the save bug fix broke Gundam Breaker 3. Any other games known to break?

anyone got a link for shin megami tensei iv apocalypse undubbed cia? just not mega because i hate the website

please respond

But why

>Assuming you have a9lh and a FIRM protecting CFW like Luma, yes.
I have instaled both. Can I just open the e-shop and update?

Never update from eShop, always do it from system settings.

Naw I'm already locked out of browserhax now its cool.
I did this though and it ran the install all the way and rebooted.
having a small bit of confusion now though, do I go on to Launching Decrypt9 now?
or do I still
10. Clear Home Menu's extdata, 11, 12, 13?
Those steps seemed like in case of failure. Since its asking me to load in through browser at the end.

They do the same thing, dont fear monger

Got it, thank you!

Because the guide tells me that I have to format my system, and I don't want to lose everything I have on my N3DS, especially my NNID.

If I hack my 3ds, can I still use the online features?

yes

Even cute Asian girls cant find boyfriends thanks to video games? Japan...what are you doing to the world?

In order to use online with a foreign game I need a "config.csa" that is inside a devmenu.zip. I can't find it, where is it please?

You follow every step. They're needed to reinstall menuhax which you need in order to use d9.
If you already downgraded twice and everything works as intended you proceed with the guide.

Don't listen to this fuck Nintendo will send its ninjas after you and slice you to bits while fucking your girlfriend/wife/sister hard in front of you, making you watch as your sliced up body slowly loses its life, forever burning the image of you being a cuck into the back of your mind for the remaining few seconds of your meaningless existence.

To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness: Battle Ecstasy
mega.nz/#!Zok01SQA!VtzNyeEPyV_vmHn79TSNHdkIfJLCHg-y1MvQYXZfNTk

It is in the pastebin. Just search config.cia...

Currently on Step 3 Part 5 of the guide and injected FBI into the H&S app, but now whenever I boot my 3DS the H&S app is missing. Did I fuck up?

>cute

Yeah I did it in Decrypt9, and browserhax actually works for me now since my downgrade got completed and not partial. Thank You. working on step 2 now.

>looks at her again to confirm questionable cuteness.

Yeah... I stand by my statement. She isn't like, drop dead or anything but I think she is pretty attractive. Attractive enough at the very least.

>2k16 and not knowing what real girls look like underneath all the makeup and photoshop.

Stay classy

So user, im still getting error c2 12828 1 even after modding the modules 6 times, I dont know what else to do

Nice attempt at saving face. Didn't work.

>tfw still waiting on a maidump version of SAO hollow fragment for dlc compatibility

Yes, that's exactly right. The PS4 version will probably have a better translation, though.

Nice attempt at trolling. I bet you are just the sexiest little fucker, aint ya user? Much cuter than her and probably miles sexier than myself, huh?

Xonic EU/NA working dump?

i met a girl with an oatmeal face, its terrible

next order is actually so much fun

however the translation is so shit its funny

bought a 2ds today and considering hacking it. What are the chances of Jewintendo banning me for having a hacked device?

>Cuter than her
Sure, I'd vouch for that. She's not attractive.
>sexier than myself
I can't say with no reference as to how you look.

>tfw the only thing holding me back from buying a vita are those overpriced shitty memory cards
uhh ok, i save money by not buying it, so i should be happy i guess

where can I find Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice torrent?

How do you open .xi and .xa files? I can't find anything that can read or convert them.

Just wanted to say thanks to user who mirrored the Atelier Arlands maidumps from BCG

Go ahead and post first big boy. The floor is all yours.

Not very high, as it hasn't happened very often.

what was her name again?

I want to molest that girl

DS ROMS FROM SD CARDS FUCKING WHEN?

>vitagen refusing a mahvel challage

I am very disapointed

Nice photoshop

You are welcome.

This isn't /soc/, and I'm not going to take the time to do that. Regardless, I don't find that girl attractive at all, "real" or not. That "real girl" shit is usually an ugly girl argument, anyway.

I'd definitely play with you, but I'm years out of practice. I just picked up the Vita version recently. It'll take a while before I can actually do anything again.

Still a work in progress m8.

Are you googledoc user?