/vn/ - ded edition

Visual Novel General #1199

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mb5TV7JUvzo
ask.fm/moogy0/answers/136052402900
ask.fm/Conjueror/answers/136302718683
vndb.org/v1474
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fix the OP please.
It's supposed to say
>This general is for the discussion of Japanese English-translated visual novels.

3rd for Asuho best hoshimeme!

Mikan should be labeled as Quof. He's the only one who would be sad from our death.

Would you?

Cutie

I don't like western art.

kusoge general? kusoge general

How is that Western style in any way?

The absolute cutest

Yes, a very cute slave.

This man knows what he's talking about.

>can't install muv-luv on windows 8.1
What do?

Look at this fag

Cute scene, but Ritsuko's was a bit cuter

I installed it on Windows 10 so it probably doesnt have anything to do with your OS

Send a ticket to Steam Support

She seems to be enjoying herself

Chinami thread?

Stockholm syndrome

>Chinamism

I want to be her catpanion

Thanks Asuho-bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb5TV7JUvzo

Any vns with androids in a cyberpunk/noir setting?
One of my favorite ideas.

Translated?
Kikougai Slayer

I/O

nth for the saddest girl

It said, it doesn't support my version or something like that. Don't tell me that's because I use 64bit.

Pls Mitcher drama is stupid. Now, Makina in the other hand...

well either or. I'm more interested if a vn even exists like the one in my mind. I doubt it.
I read it, its not really what I would call a noir or anything really to do with androids. maybe cyberpunk but the world is pretty clean and normal. It was really good though and a great way to do a VR story.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Premature-Retard.

Makina is cute

Also I'm reading neuromancer so something like that or bladerunner with androids or a main android love interest. Maybe something like the Big O which had a more noir feel to it than cyberpunk. if you never watched or read any of those.

Tokyo Necro maybe? closest thing I can think of off the top of my head.

That mouth need some...

Neuromancer is probably the hardest book I've ever read when it comes to deciphering the prose (i.e. not unlocking deeper meaning from literature). It's crazy.

What's the next big release? Rance?

>tfw going to finally install a text hooker and try playing some untranslated VNs that way
Is this it? Is there any hope left for me?

MT? Nope, MT reads like garbage besides easy stuff.

Himawari my nigga

>all ages lolige
No one cares

>Reading NTR the novel.
What a cuck.

Ill look into it, cant read jap but im still interested in if there was even one. Japanese USED to be into dark scifi but not anymore (the 80s). Its already a really niche thing in the west but I see its finally getting a bit more popular with the scifi boom that's been happening in Hollywood.
Everyone I hear says that, even I get confused with what to picture. I had too look up coffins too understand what they actually looked like (I pictured a cryopod type thing, Its actually a metal box.) I'm getting use to it though, you just have to kinda reread it a couple of these to picture what hes trying to say, remember this was written in the 80s so things are crazy or explained in a super crazy way or are unimaginably written. I had to picture what the glasses looked like on molly but I hated what I pictured and looked it up. turns out multiple people drew her eyes different.

Please Bang my Wife

MITCHER IS SADDEST GIRL

seriously how can one person's life be that worthless

I had to look up sanpaku, then I went right to the mirror in my bathroom to check my eyes.

Harmonia is the latest kamige, better buy it now user you're missing out!

Reminder that Key kids got BTFO'd by both moogy and Conjuerer.

ask.fm/moogy0/answers/136052402900
ask.fm/Conjueror/answers/136302718683

Indisputable best girl coming through. Don't freak out though Asuhobros, Asuho is great too.

Post underrated girls

I liked Komomo.
Fuck Isuzu, she can jump off a bridge.

A tsundere is ok too, I wish her route focused more on her than on her family history but w/e

Yes user, keep re-reading Princess Evangile for the nth time.

I played Kanon 6 years ago or so and I thought Ayu was adorable, I know people shit on Key, but is it still worth replaying?

Kanon (vn and anime) are seriously about that "charm/atmosphere/weird surreal feeling, I think that's how key became so popular because they made something very odd.
clannad also tried to get this down and it did its job well but had a bit too much highschool instead of the world itself.
Air I'm not sure about because the anime was trash and I don't know what translation patch to use. but from what I hear its as good or better than kanon.

I'm actually currently re-reading Dies irae, thanks for asking.

her and Chinami can both go jump off a bridge together

Hee, then why are you here? Don't you have a dead thread to be shitposting in? :^)

If there is a game worth replaying for the nth time PE would be one of them you baka.

people mostly don't shit on kanon, the anime was a masterpiece of a adaptation. no one can deny that.

Its really clannad/air that started it.

Worst girl
Toei version was shit tho

Maeda's routes are shit though.

>tfw can't read visual novels on the weekend because mom is home

so what is this from?

Not a VN

Hoshizora no Memoria, Hisakaki Komomo.

He must seriously think Tokyo babel was better than kanon or even clannad.

I couldn't even finish that garbage.
ONE was better than that.

vndb.org/v1474
Play it now

Just read a Sekai Project release?

Decent chuunige > low-tier nakige

If you merge sword fights and magic battles into Key visual novels, these guys would probably be drooling over it. Such kind of VN is their favorite and the bias shows.

>what is Rewrite

Which end is supposed to be the good one?

Now that you said it, I think moogy likes the travesty of a vn that is Rewrite.

I can live with this

I shouldn't say air actually, the main character's setting (I loved how he was a on the road Marionette user and not some high school student) and world atmosphere seemed like it had potential. It was just the anime. can someone tell me what translation to use? I'm in the mood to read it actually.

>Moogy likes a VN written by his favorite author
Really makes you think

Yeah, he overrates Romeo with his le DEEP stuff.

t. EOP

>tfw cant read VNs because massive headache from fever caused by a throat infection

a shitty mixed key fate stay night zombie garbage.
They would never be able to watch or read scifi.
Thats how shit they are and whats happening to people, they cant sit still for one second and take it all in.
They couldn't last one second watching Solaris or 2001 for an easy example.

>Being this assmad.

Cross Channel is crap and you're an idiot for thinking any of the """comedy""" is worth noting. Of course, Conjueror-dono has an issue with it; because it's garbage. He probably only gave it a score as high as a 7.5 because he didn't want to hurt feelings.

Romeo's writing style is just juvenile garbage that pre-teens enjoy. Take Conjueror's advice and read a real kamige like Umineko or G Senjou.

we are so alive right now holy shit

>ESL
>EOP
Both of the biggest kinds of cancer in one posts, jesus.

Post old but gold VNs

Not either of those but sure.

You can read the kamige Henshin!!! ~Pantsu ni Natte Kunkun Peropero~

>Reminder that Moogy is nobody in the scene and we all know that Conjueror has a shit taste.

Maybe Harmonia isn't that good but why are you quoting those two social-media-whores?

because they are both VN connoisseurs? what a fucking stupid ass question. never reply to me again.

You are an idiot. Conjueror's intellect could wipe the floor with you.

I bet you can't even watch a James Cameron movie that's not term 2.

Bet you can't even sit still and watch titanic, which is still better than Tokyo babel.

Conjueror is single-handedly saving the vn industry, be more respectful you runt.

Stop bitching, autist.
And no, moogy isn't relevant.

Thanks. How does it compare to Princess Evangile?

Slightly worse. Only Asuho, Komomo and Kosame routes are good.
The rest ranges from mediocre to plain bad like Mare's route.

>Makoto's editor isn't relevant
>the guy who delivered a magnificent translation of Dra+Koi isn't relevant
>one of the foremost intellectual entities in the visual novel scene (along with Conjueror and Kastel) isn't relevant
Check yourself.

>ded edition
>thread is alive
really makes you think...