Talk me out of buying a Nismo 370Z. I want a manual rwd coupe and I like the 370Z styling. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Talk me out of buying a Nismo 370Z. I want a manual rwd coupe and I like the 370Z styling. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPp-tneEHRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you want to be scum?

Im aware GM sucks equally as bad as Nissan

Not the 370Z...

Do it, it's badass.

Are you planning to daily the car? I hear they're not very comfortable but if you buy this car, you're getting it for the speed, not for the comfort

Are you a mature adult or a faggot boyracer?

I work from home, it'd be a weekend + track day + road trip car, but my only car. I currently drive a 2012 civic si coupe.

>faggot boyracer
>2012 civic si coupe
Nailed it

Yep. Boyracer. Just get a 300zx and ruin that.

The Camaro V6 1LE will probably be at least as fast, and a bit cheaper. Though the 370Z looks better, so it's up to you.

What qualifies as a mature adult around here? This is Veeky Forums after all.

Don't get it OP. Stop being a fuckface and save up some more to get a GT350.

Yeah, they're pretty hot

Yes, they are. And they also get Porsche Gt3 RS lap times for a far less price, chief.

Yea I wouldn't be listening to this guy, get a nismo and actually have fun on the track man.
>Protip of the day: Ford a shit.

The cost difference isn't that much but I do fear this meme

Nismo is 40k and the 350 is 48k at base, I genuinely think the nismo would be more fun, but if you aren't sure, go out and test drive both.

He can also actually see out of the Nissan

Are you sure dude?

Go sit in a 370. He visibility is fucking horrible in that too, you can't see out of either.

If you like it, then buy it. The things I don't like about it is the size and weight.

Performance is starting to lack compared to things in its price bracket since it's been the same thing for years now. FI is the way to go here but you'll probably void warranty or something.

But that's 100% irrelevant.

>Nismo 370Z
I had a similar buyers dilemma between a 2016 Corvette and the 2016 Nismo 370z. I ended up going with the vet even if I had to spend about 10k more. Both are great cars, I don't think you would make a bad choice getting it.

only on Veeky Forums will someone try to steer you away from exceeding 400hp in a middleweight coupe

let's not kid ourselves, 2% of this board has ever been to a track let alone driven in a real race

>2% of this board has ever been to a track let alone driven in a real race
I'd say less than 2% of people on this board actual own fast cars.

What defines fast car to you? I would say maybe 5% do.

Maybe during European hours. And all the Aussies have had their licenses revoked for going 10 over the limit too.

Americans are the most likely to actually have a car on this board.

Because your feeling will always be "could a had a V8" when you hear a Mustang or Camaro or Charger/Challenger roar past you.

370Zs are great cars, but they lack presence and style. They are completely understated. You won't win any stoplight drag races against a V8, and you're better cornering will only marginally make up for the lack of torque to just power out of a long sweeper.

You most likely don't have the skills or experience to appreciate it's handling abilities. And developing that takes lots of time at the track.

If you're not interested in finding out why the V8s are faster in a straight line, or why their cornering isn't too far off yours you'll be fine.

As long as you ignore all the other cars out there that are better, and faster for about the same.price.

>What defines fast car to you?
I own a C6 corvette so I don't think I can comment on what defines fast. I know in the ricer threads they have fast cars but that seems to be the majority in Veeky Forums. Get a civic and rice it out.

Best argument itt. Thanks.

they'd beat any ls1 f-body off the line

and they have like 350hp and weigh as much as most corvettes

plus the torque curve is stupid flat from 2500 to redline

and you're buying from a company that actually races cars (and races them every single weekend in several series and has for years) so you're not getting some shitbox with no motorsport gloss like a hyundai genesis coupe

they're good cars for people who want to enjoy some good motoring

only bad thing is that the v6 is too big to turbo, just too much stroke

>too much stroke
youtube.com/watch?v=KPp-tneEHRE

True, but you rarely see any stock 4th gens at all.

Nice. I have a c5z. There's a few c5 owners and less c6 owners around here.

For

Dat shape

You must be a fat middle-aged woman. Fat middle-aged women love, and buy Nissan's car design.

It's slow and looks like ass. Buy an MX-5 Cup car instead

They are lacking in the "able to turn" department

>plus the torque curve is stupid flat from 2500 to redline
Great, so it's got the power band of a rotary and the sound of a Camry. Literally the worst engine on the market.

I'd assume OP wants a street legal car

That's not bad for 80 bhp less

power-to-weight

MX-5 Cup cars are street legal, although it might take some legal gymnastics to get it registered in California or New York.

>buy this barebones car to drive on the street for $45k+

>Being a pussy
>Any year
Shiggiddydoo.

>being retarded and buying a race car with a gutted interior and no top to drive on the street
Oh, but its perfect for you, there's only one seat.