/ecg/ - Eternal Crusade General

>What is Eternal Crusade?
"Online multiplayer 3rd person squad-based
tactical shooter with tanks in a persistent war."

EC is based in the WH40K universe and currently offers 4 playable races: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orkz, and dirty knife ears. Combat in the game is very similar to the multiplayer from WH40K Space Marine.

>Important Links
Forum: forum.eternalcrusade.com/
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/375230/
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCxH-BQF2CRQV6lXTf41xEeg
Previous Livestream: youtu.be/rThZ93tJQYU
Warbros Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/warbrosnumber1

>Previous Thread
The game can currently be purchased on the EC website or through Steam.

Warbros is assuming control of the Veeky Forums guild and will be playing Iron Warriors as the Chaos faction, but there is also an Ork sister faction under the leadership of Goonboon. It is preferred that anyone who wishes to join Warbros create an Iron Warrior character to apply with.

>Recruiting
Recruitment will be done through this general, anyone who joins the clan will also be welcome to join the Warbros steam group. In order to apply for Warbros post your IGN and link the OP in this thread, you must also apply to the clan while in-game (search for Warbros in the Guild menu). The same holds true when applying for WAAAGHbros or any future faction guilds. Make sure you specify if you're applying for WAAAGHbros, as we just assume Warbros unless otherwise noted.

I want to frame this image

The fucks an IGN

In game name nerd

Thirty eight Space Marines on the wall.
Thirty eight Space Marines.
Shoot one down, slap it around.
Thirty seven Space Marines on the wall.

FALL BACK TO B FOR SOME REASON

REMOVE LESSER RACES FROM THE PREMISES!

REBIRTH OF THE ANCIENT DAYS!

I have this one above my mantle

>anyone who goes forward to A I will personally kill
PAIN is a shit guild and if you see someone named Varheit he's a trash player.

Who is the coolest faction for mark of khorn? word bearers? They world with the world eaters during the horus hissy.

This tbqh

Eldar reign supreme.

Biel-tan is my favorite craftworld but I picked the pink ones this time around.

>lesser races
>had to ally with early imperium to not get exterminatus'ed instantly
>betrayed them when the heresy happened since it was their only chance to take out the humans
>still failed and their numbers dwindled even further
lmao fucking treeniggers
WB your strongest bet cause the khornate ones were good buds with the WEs during their raiding of ultramarine worlds
and you can dude them up to almost look like world eaters

The Eldar never allied with the Imperium, because the Emperor offered them the choice of "be our slaves or be exterminated".
And they didn't betray the Imperium, they in fact, tried to warn Emps about the Heresy.

Get your lore right fag

they had an armistice and were going to share the secrets of the webway until they shattered the truce to capitalize on the imperium splintering in two
you get your lore right you subhuman knife-ear

Space Marines are the go-to faction for people who don't know jack shit about Warhammer.

Chaos Space Marines are the go-to faction for edgy twelve year old teenagers.

Orkz are the go-to faction for people who know the lore and want to be big and stompy.

Eldar are the go-to faction for people who know the lore and realize that Eldar are superior to the Mon'Keigh.

reminder that there is only 3 factions in the game

Yeah, might as well count Chaos and regular Space Marines as one because they don't differ all that much anyway.

Smelly dumb human scum.

>my faction is better than your faction and here's why!
Go back to your craft world while the big kids have fun

I need dat axe bruva
>Eldar are the go-to faction for people who can't deal with the lore and want to play warhammer fantasy with a non-dead playerbase
ftfy

what are you talking about? ones good, and the other have shields.

post cosmetics and other aesthetic shit u want to see

>corrupted mk3 for iron warriors, mk5 for night lords except with spiked studs, convicingly loyalist mk6 for alpha legion
>dangly trinkets for bolt pistols/bolters/swords like incense burners, tiny skulls, aquilas/8-pointed stars
>optional bare arms and frothing at the mouth for khornate marines
>mark of nurgle has sickly gas coming out of every vent/grill
>corrupted sorcerer pauldrons covered in occasionally blinking eyes
>helmets where the mouth grill has turned into teeth

chains wrapped around the arms on melee weapon hands for khornates
T-face berserker helmets
fat gut chestplate for nurgle marked marines

>Helmetless Warlocks

>they had an armistice and were going to share the secrets of the webway until they shattered the truce to capitalize on the imperium splintering in two

Wrong.
They didn't have any sort of armistice because the nascent imperium kept attacking the Eldar, and they actively sought to prevent Horus Heresy from happening, because they hate chaos even more than Humans do, but humans didn't listen to their warnings.

It was the Imperium that fucked up Human-Eldar relations, not the Eldar. Emperor offered them a "be our slaves or die" deal, and when they refused, he sent his marine Legions against the Eldar, and despite of that, the Eldar still tried to warn the Imperium about Horus and his corruption.

Stop roleplaying, and actually read the fucking lore.

This, I want to be able to remove my helmet

reminder that a literal baby-aged angron managed to destroy an entire eldar strike-force sent to kill him when he was crash-landed and injured on nuceria

With fabulous hairdos.
Also, leather jackets.
I want to go full 80ies hairmetal Eldar.

Primarchs being able to do ridiculous shit is nothing new, so what's your point?
The Eldar Primarch equivalents (of sorts anyways), have done equally ridicilous feats, for example, the mofo in the picture, beat a splinter fleet of nids single handidly, and dragged out Craftworld Altansar from the Eye of Terror.

>pulled a planet out of the warp
actual naruto-tier writing

That's 40k for you pall.

>thats 40k
no that's just the eldar and kaldor draigo
stop trying to project your shitty mary-sue characters on the rest of the setting

At least the primarchs are flawed individuals, with the exeption of sanguinius.

is daemonbolt good?

You started this with your retarded Primarch here m8:
You don't get to complain about "bullshit mary sue" characters when you were the one who brought one up in the first place.

I'm one for shitting on the knife ears as much as anyone but you can not in anyway pretend that Mary sues aren't present in every faction

Are Loyalist faggots all just total shitters or why are they getting rekt by every other faction?

well sanguinius was going to be the next emperor, it would be fitting for him to be perfect
>thinking a super-super-human defeating a bunch of delicate knife ears is as ridiculous as kaldor draigo fighting daemon primarchs no problem or a knife ear literally pulling a planet out of hell

current balance ranking: eldar >> CSM > LSM >> Orks

I agree with this

orks need a minor buff, csm need a minor nerf, eldar are either to weak or too strong, they can't seem to get their balance right

eldar literally just need their weapon's damage all scaled back 30%, they already have superior speed size and maneuverability they dont need to out-DPS giant hulking man-tanks and green muscle boxes

They are all shitters, yes.

>thinking a super-super-human defeating a bunch of delicate knife ears is as ridiculous as kaldor draigo fighting daemon primarchs no problem or a knife ear literally pulling a planet out of hell

Yes it is, when that superhuman is a fucking babby.
Also, it speaks volumes of your miniscule knowledge of 40k if you think that Eldar are just "delicate knife ears".
Eldar are superhuman beings, their speed, strength, agility, intelligence and innate psychic power, all surpass regular humans with ease. They are just as good shots and melee combatants as Space Marines are, not to mention that they are faster too, though not as strong or as tough.

Also, Craftworlds are not Planets, you daft cunt, they are massive space ships. Altansar was trapped within the Eye of Terror, and Maugan Ra found it, and showed it the way out of there.

>finished a defense as chaos
>we lost A and everyone is bitching
>some faggot with a mark of khorn and a chain axe sitting in a hiding place and shitting up chat

what faction is bets for roleplay? Even if its only just being somewhat in character and willing to fight their enemies.

No, they need their toughness reduced. Being speedy glass cannons that out DPS everyone else, but can't take much damage is their whole point. Right now, they are just too tough.

Orks

>kaldor draigo fighting daemon primarchs no problem
That didn't happen like that, at all.

The flaw of sanguinius was to die and to have a geneseed that spread madness in his legion

>that didn't happen
he defeated a greater daemon singlehandedly when the only human to do that before was sanguinius, and he went into the eye of terror and beat mortarion 1v1 and carved his name into mortarion's heart
it took a force of 110 regular grey knights with only a handful surviving to banish angron back to the warp

you forgot to quote this part
>like that

that event was expanded by a novel and draigo didn't stand a chance, he got chosen by his fellow grey knights to be punched into a sloppy mess with no real capability to fight back.

how did he win then?
daemons, and daemon primarchs as well, have this thing called their "true name" that can be used against them, draigo was thrown into the duel to wishper to mortarion's ear his true name to stop him and seal him back into the warp with the former chapter master's name on his heart.

So I haven't paid any attention to this for a bit, eldar and orcs are new to me for example, and I have a few questions.

Is there anything to pve beyond the space hulk mode? Is the space hulk mode actually any rewarding?
Is there any appearance customization? I know that's probably stupid but I'd like to have the option for little things like beakie helms, different classes of armor, or the ability to swap out the terrible looking chaos jumppack for one of the much better looking (and not that old) raptor packs
How the fuck do orks work, does everyone just play a nob? Are the players just disproportionately powerful boyz? Did anything ever come of that free 2 waaaaaggghh idea they tossed around for a bit?

Iron warriors get shit done.

>game freezes for 10 seconds or so every 5 minutes

"Finished product"

It isn't even minimally viable!

F2waaagh is dead
PvE still just the tyranid mode but its not really worth yet
there are different armor pieces you can get with rogue trader points including those corvus helmets
there are upgrades to the jumppack that make it look different
I dont play orks so I cant tell you

Bamp

Do you have to be the skwad boz for bozpoles to work?

>shieldniggers keep clanging against my +durability power axe with their dumb swords

Doesn't freeze for me

The only time it freezes for like one second is when loading a new part of the map in three-point stronghold assaults

IGN: Jammal Tupamaru Caesar

What's the warbros discord?

No discord, ask in the steam chat for the ts address

>having fun breaking heretics and tree niggers on my shield as ground assault
>having fun doming them with tactical
>try out devastator for the first time
>mowing them down and topping leaderboards on every match
how am I having this much fun with this game I didn't really like it in the alpha

>discord
What is wrong with you people

Accepted
Seriously, the fuck is wrong with you?

I believe so, but there isn't really much info on any of the leader talismans

I want more classic helmets for chaos

>this good feel
errytime

Know the feeling, but i think thats more an issue with Unreal 4.12 rather than EC.

What Graphics Card do you have?

only knife ear lovers use discord, remember, dont be a faggot.

All of the reviews mention an imbalance between melee and ranged attacks, with melee attacks being way stronger, almost to the point of making ranged worthless. How bad is it really?

You can't go solo with ranged, ranged is better than melee when in groups

You have almost no recourse if a melee gets within striking range.

It's almost medieval in design. Melee is the focal point of combat in this game. Ranged is entirely supportive, your job is to take down other ranged targets and support your tac assaults on the front line. Ranged is still completely viable in close quarters due to the rock paper scissors combat system, however, so don't feel as though you aren't allowed to have any fun with a bolter.

R9 290

>with melee attacks being way stronger, almost to the point of making ranged worthless.

The only thing more funny than shitters who can't parry are shitters who spam light attacks, get parried, and then get shot in the face repeatedly

Another power klaw attachment from the 30k box, too bad ork melee is shit right now

>There must be more to life.

wot da zog iz wrong wit you

Do a flip faggot

>posting pro loyalist webms

>playing chaos when you HAVE to play undecided faggots
no thanks

Your logic makes no sense to me. You can't play as World Eaters and your solution is to play for the other side?

cant play as world eaters
cant play as death guard
cant play as thousand sons

That font color choice is disgusting

Can't post it on here, give me your hellokitty email and I'll send it to you.

That's much more readable

dont have the nurgle or tzeentch ones sadly, thought i did but cannot find em.

You posted the two best ones already, aside from the font on that Khorne one

>tfw I actually spent money on this because I'm a gullible 40kid
i even became a founder after hearing the sweet siren song of the game being planetside 2 and space marine mixed together
what's there left to do
go down with the ship or try and get a refund that'll inevitably be declined

Stop whining constantly and enjoy murder loyalist faggots and making eldar have massive queue times

Does 2k damage REALLY need MORE?

they basically swindled me out of my expectations though

Ones that you could have fucking refunded ages ago. Ones that they updated the community repeatedly. Ones that your only recourse is killing yourself cause you even admitted to being a founder and therefore have had MORE THAN ENOUGH chances to refund.

You only swindled yourself
So the only answer now to you is play eldar and be a penultimate faggot

Is there a way to chat with people in the guild, or in Warbros? I got invited but I guess I got banned some time ago when I was trying to get into Warframe.