Tfw car so fucked even certified mercedes-benz technicians have to keep the car for a few days just to diagnose

>tfw car so fucked even certified mercedes-benz technicians have to keep the car for a few days just to diagnose

That's with every dealership. Enjoy paying 190$ an hour

>le German engineering meme

I love when this happens. It like a patient is in hospital and even after a week, the doctors have no idea what the patient is sick of.

Mechanics dont do shit on the weekend m8. Thats why they have to keep it for a few days.

They said they'd cut me a deal on labor since I went there for a completely unrelated problem but the new problem that was discovered may have caused the first problem.

They tried replacing the control head/SAM/computer (not sure the proper term) in the center console and it didn't change anything, so they said they'd hold the car until Monday to investigate further. They said they'd never seen anything like my car.

I tell my family that they have to buy my car a get well soon letter because it's currently in the hospital undergoing heart surgery. The radio/dashboard/gear shift was taken apart last time I looked inside the car at the center.

It was there since 8 AM Friday. I don't know when they'd find out what is wrong with it exactly but they are experts and the only people who have serviced the car so I don't know what's wrong with it.

My brother works at Mercedes Benz as a mechanic and he works Saturday's sometimes

>certified technicians
not always as good as regular mechanics.

I feel you OP, I hope your car gets well soon.

Can you ask your brother what is his opinion on Mercedes GLA and the new C-Class?

>cut you a deal on labor
It's still going to rape you. Did you get a loaner car? What kind of Benz? C class? E class? S class? Year? You should have bought something Japanese user

>It was there since 8 AM Friday.
Mechanics dont do shit on the weekend m8.

He probably finishes up jobs he started during the week or does jobs that dealership tells him are priority.

Mechanics dont start large jobs on the weekend. They just dont unless its super important. Like, obama's beast mobile breaks down or the dealership owner blows a head gasket on a customers sportscar.

He said he's not a big fan of the gla since they just released it. If you have a wife or a small family it's probably ly good for a compact suv but he prefers the c class.

They had the car since 8 AM until 5 PM working on it. They're very smart and only work on Mercedes so if it wasn't something serious or confusing, it wouldn't have had to been locked up for so long. I also don't know if I'll get it back Monday either.

No I know he doesn't. I think he told me Saturday's are appointments only. I use to work at Honda and I had to work Saturday's. Now I'm a mechanic at Subaru and they gave me weekends off.

I know you won't. They haven't figured it out yet. Once they do they will give you a call and tell you what needs to be replaced and tell you how far to bend over so they can rape you in the Ass. Then after they finish fucking you they will give your car back once it's fixed providing you pay obviously

aight thanks

Negro. Do you now understand? They werent working on it. They said they were. It was sitting in the back while they were doing other shit.

It wasnt being worked on.

They dont do shit on the weekends.

You are about as smart as a Benz owner.

not*

I can vouch for this. At Subaru we have cars sitting in the back of our dealership that have been there for weeks and they haven't been fixed or diaged yet. Customers think were working on them too.

what mercedes do you have

ILL CUT YOU A DEAL ON LABOR user

Get the AMG if you are getting one.

I work at a BMW dealership doing collision repair and I can also confirm.
We usually spend a few days sitting on a car waiting for authorization from the insurance company so that we can do more than take off a bumper cover.

this

>Mercedes: unreliable and expensive to fix
>Audi: unreliable and expensive to fix
>BMW: expensive to fix
>VW: unreliable

Wrong

>VW: Unreliable, hard to work on, inexpensive parts
>Audi: Unreliable, hard to work on, expensive parts
>BMW: Unreliable, easy to work on, expensive parts
>Mercedes-Benz, Reliable, hard to work on, expensive parts

If we're talking modern cars he got it right.

I do love that fact that you can just about disassemble a whole BMW with an 8mm socket, a clip tool, and a few torx bits.
And beyond that, BMW has the most precise plastic in the industry- their grills especially go together so fucking easy.

Also for the niggers out there, the BMW front badge doesn't typically have retaining clips and can easily be removed from the outside with a non-marring plastic stick.

working on volkswagens piss me off
you fix one thing and another breaks

it's saturday

>You should have bought something Japanese user

>Mercedes-Benz, Reliable, hard to work on, expensive parts
This. My dad over the years have owned 6-7 Mercedes and he now owns a 2016 S550 and he says the same thing.

old vw are nightmares. these are the special tools needed to work on a beetle

Never owned a Benz but I drive one for work. Not reliable what so ever. Emission control system is a complete fluster cuck. I've seen DEF system failures on sub 100k km engines as well. They are comfy though. Way more than Ferds, Dodges and GM.

Way way better in everything than almost all cars. The only issue he had with the new S-Class is that the driver side mirror wont fold after locking which is unusual for a very new car. He got that fixed and now he has no issues with it.

>>BMW: Unreliable, easy to work on, expensive parts

Two words

PLASTIC CLIPS