Morning Veeky Forums

Morning Veeky Forums

So yesterday I went and test drove a 2016 camaro and thought I'd share my thoughts and impressions with you

Keep in mind that the one I tested was the bottom line 2.0 and it was the 2lt, which is the "premium" trim level. The color scheme was identical to pic related too

First impressions when getting in
>cabin is quite narrow and beltline is pretty high, but nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. You can definitely see out the front and the sides
>material quality was actually pretty good.
>leather padded up on the door where you shoulder rests, leather wrapped dash and armrest. There were some hard plastics around the shifter, but that didn't bother me, since it's not a touch point
>rest of the cabin looks pretty good, but it might be a bit too much for some who prefer a simple cabin.
>the metal looking air vents that double as the temperature knob are actually plastic, which look good but feel a bit cheap when turning them.
>seats were very comfy. The leather was very soft and supple. I found them more comfortable and nicer than the optional real leather on a 3 series, which feels stiff and isn't nearly as soft.
>seat bolstering is too wide for an average build man. You can tell it was made so the fatter man can also be comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you. .5 cents has been deposited into your account.

So the car is basically shit.

Mustang all day.

In summary, it's a pretty nice cabin all around with decent materials. You can definitely tell where they cut corners, but still leaps and bound better than the previous model.

Now the driving impressions.

>clutch is very light but doesn't have much feel to it.
>shifter is surprisingly good. Short throw and notchy, but not too much.
>ride decently smooth over rough pavement
>cabin is very isolated from outside noise. I didn't hear the turbo at all with the windows closed, but as soon as I opened them, there was quite a bit of turbo whistle
>engine sounded like any generic turbo 4cyl
>car feels quite, but not fast by any means. Certainly quick enough for the average non enthusiast, but for a gearhead, it definitely leaves much to be desired (again, turbo 4 with 275hp, 300torques)
>when you step on the pedal, you get a good shove back, but it dies off in the upper revs
>the power felt linear for the most part, but you can tell there's more torque than hp
>still never thought visibility was an issue. No idea why journalists bitch so much about it.
>until
>when I went to park it
>holy shit you cannot see absolutely anything out the back.
>whoevendesignedthis.jpg
>thankfully the backup camera was really good. High definition imagery and the trajectory lines were stop on when turning the wheel.

Summary of driving impressions
>car is very smooth and comfortable
>seats were excellent aside from being too wide
>quick, but not fast
>no rear visibility whatsoever. Finally see why journalist slam it so much

but where is ecoboost?

Later I went on the test drive the automatic.

>paddles were very slow to respond
>didn't rev match
>leave it in auto and upshifts didn't feel any quicker than a toyota camry

Summary of the auto
>it's a piece of shit

>somebody has an informed, positive opinion of a car
>autist spams the thread with shitposting
Jesus christ this place has gone to shit

No one should buy this car. If anyone does, it's telling GM the design is ok. Which it isn't.

Everyone I know wishes they got the Mustang instead of the Camaro. Make of that what you will.
>inb4 ecoboobs

GM asked for costumer feedback on whether they should change the styling and give it more visibility and they said no. They wanted the camaro to retain its distinctive styling at the compromise of visibility.
Is GM bad for giving it's costumers what they want?

the downfalls of this car don't outweigh the benefits for the majority of people
cons:
>shite visibility (but there is a backup camera, for a sort of work around)
pros:
>awesome price to performance
>comfortable
>competitive with much higher tier cars
>looks good (subjective)

Test driving cars for shits and giggles or are you in the market for a 4 cylinder Turbo Camaro?

Everyone I know with a mustang is a woman commuting to work.

What I don't like about the 2016 Camaro? Interior seems even smaller than the 2015. Electronic E-brake.

Whats good? Even though the interior is a little smaller, there is more useable shit. My 2015 Z/28 has pretty much no space for your shit. Put something in the cupholder and its in the way of the shifter. Need a place to put your phone? Hope you don't have the aux gauge package..

I considered buying a GT350R to sit alongside my Z/28, but in the end FORD allowing disgusting ADM on their shit combined with the Mustang in general being a penny a dozen in my area... yeah. Make mine a GM. With no apologies.

Have you ever driven one? Visibility complaints come from jackwagons who are too pussy to even step on a lot to take a test drive.

B-bu-bu..I READ REVIEWS!!!

Fuck off.

On the market for ~300hp manual car around the 30k mark. New or used

Boss 302s are going about that price now, but that's a bit more power than your range.

Seems like a fun decision, thanks for posting your impressions after test driving.

yeah, test drove a 2ss last month. the visibility doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would for some, especially for those who travel into the city a lot with tight chaotic traffic, tight parking/ parallel parking. For someone like me it would only affect me when backing out of a parking spot, in a lightly populated lot

Boss 302, 2014 camaro 1le, lexus isf(even though not a manual) and 335i and STI

If anyone has more suggestions, feel free

Maybe a 1M or M135i?

1M is incredibly marked up in price and M135 never came to the states

Who knew the V6 camaro would actually sound good

youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4

I guess I meant 135i M-Sport packages.

1M's are really crazy over priced, that's true.

>you can definitely see out the front and sides
Fuck off Chevy shill

stay mad bmw fanboy

Thank you. .5 cents has been deposited into your account

Right... I'm so jealous

Enjoy your superior GM product. It's obviously a future classic.

What's the point of the windows existing on the camaro anymore?

What was the msrp of the ecoboost Camaro 2LT op?
Just curious, havent really looked at them much.

Was planning on getting a V6 Camaro 1LT, thanks for the input.

Another question: does it look better in real life than it does in pictures? Some cars do, I find.

>2.0

into the fucking trash

whats wrong with you faggots

Where I live its 55k use, but that's mostly due to import taxes.

In the states they're around 30k

Yes. It definitely does.

When I saw it in pics for the first time, I thought it was horrible. But the design has grown on me and upon seeing it in person, I think I love it. That hyper blue metallic looks amazing in the sun

55k USD**

>"ecoboost"

Kys my man. No for real.

>$30k
Definitely a new V6 Camaro. You might be able to find 2015 mustang GTs for not much more than that though