/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Remember to get your daily beer from the loyalty store and play the hourly Black Spirit Adventures game.

New awakenings every two weeks
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/110189-awakening-announcement/

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?

Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png (embed)

>I heard it's P2W

Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb
somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/
blackdesertonline.com/
bddatabase.net/us/
blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
blackdeserttome.com/calculator
wodox.imgur.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice job picking the most retarded looking character as op pic
just fuck the thread up

Tamer.

how did you guys dye your weenie? i dislike every dye job iv'e come up with so far, help ;_;

/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Edition

New awakenings every two weeks

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss featuring non-tab target combat, zerg gvg at 20 fps, rampant erp, and more.

>I heard it's P2W
yes

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Game's Site: blackdesertonline.com/
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets Appearance: wodox.imgur.com/
Everything else: jfgi

What are the differences between sorc, witch and wizard?

>Everybody post your gear Edition

I'm pretty happy with it

Are you jealous?

witch and wizard are ranged and they cast impressive looking powerful spells with lightning and fire and shit.

Sorc is just another melee class.

I want to lick those abs.

I have the failstacks to hopefully duo and tri my scythe, just out of shards/memoryfrags/money

then i have to figure out what to upgrade next

>I want to lick cum from those abs.

So I just bought this and I have no idea what I'm doing also where do I get the bonuses from buying the deluxe version or whatever.

Go to your account page and redeem them, pick the correct region and server. 24 to 48 hour wait time until they are delivered to your in-game mailbox.

I'd start off by editing your UI and the chat settings. Press escape and hit edit UI and make it less confusing if you can. A lot of shit gets spammed on your screen unless you change the settings in the escape menu and the chat menu.

Go on the main website and sign in. You'll find your bonuses in your profile.

>24 to 48 hour wait time

took me something like 60

I can't actually click the edit ui button.

I don't recall since it was march when I first started, but you might have to finish the tutorial. You'll be through the tutorial once you've done all the black spirit quests that lead you into the Western Guard Camp.

>go to sleep
>thred dies

Veeky Forums was down for hours.

ahhahahaha nice prank bro

I started leveling my warrior again after switching to Maehwa and I don't understand how people do this

kill mobs for xp

I like your character but what is the point of reposting the same images all the time?

Think for a second

I think this dye job is really good. Nice job.

Whats the best most up to date sorceress guide out there?

Idk what im doing, specifically with skill points. I need to know priorities and shit.

I did but I don't want to be right.

Should i produce grain juice or just buy extra large potions?

What is superior, male, or female characters?

If you can handle the tedium, then make them. They weigh less.

Generally male counterparts are better than their female counterparts for mirror classes like musa/maehwa or kuno/ninja.

But hey, waifu>husbando

How do I unbind the damn emergency escape on my mouse? All I see is the keyboard binding its driving me crazy.

Why don't you want to be wrong?

Monday morning, 5am milking. It's like I'm working at a real farm.

>brown
>THICC

I miss milking cows in Olvia. Destroying my own cows every 8 hours just isn't the same.

user pls, I really don't want to use a trip.

Is mounted combat ever really relevant?

Go ahead and do. that way whoever don't want to don't need to see your posts. It helps everyone.

I think in node wars just.

where are you in-game right now

AFK fishing in Velia, gonna take a bath.

LEWD

So when Valkyrie awakening happens I could be the shining beacon of justice for my guild from astride a destrier, lance held high?

I mean Heidel by the river rrreeeee

>gonna take a bath.
you're gonna need it

what are you even frogcrying at? the town Velia for confusing you? dumb pepeposters

>afk fishing in heidel
Do you even comfy?

I sure hope so friend

Witches/Wizards who know what they're doing on a high tier horse are fucking powerful both pvp and pve.

>who know what they're doing
Isn't this quite redundant?

This oatmeal better result in more rough black crystals and platinum ore

Can a retard manage to weave attacks between instant accel/drift combos?

Related, how are Valkyries? I haven't heard very much good

I mean, can't it be already presumed that whenever class strength is being discussed it's in the hands of a competent player?

wew I did it

I really enjoy playing them despite being one of the slower grinders in the game. Their block stance can makes them a nightmare to face in pvp and the combos are very satisfying since they have a lot of ways to get into one of their most powerful attacks.

Hoho congrats man! Glad you didn't fail my man

My point is a high tier horse doesn't make a shitter suddenly good. As far as pvp is concerned, i'll sperg a bit and explain why I said "who know what they're doing."

You can only use certain spells on horseback so your rotation is limited and has to be timed well otherwise you'll be left with them all on cooldown. The direction of your spells can be manipulated while holding middle mouse button allowing you to steer one direction and attack in another. However, on horseback you can't use spell quick slots - you have to manually combo the keys. In order to effectively loose your spells while still maintaining control of your movement you can also drift and combo an instant-accel to keep your mount drifting while you then use directional keys for your spells. You can even reverse the direction of the instantaccel/drift combo without breaking the combo, but the timing is so autistically difficult to get it almost always ends up fucking me over.

Above need not apply to pve considering how pathetically dumb the ai in this game is.

>AFK fishing for ~1h15m
>3 shards

Noice!

>mfw a guildmate announces they're going for tri and fails

waifus or death

I choose waifus

what a cute boy

Would you let a chubby valkyrie save you from an ogre

You should add some accents to it.

Making it all one color makes it look bland.

I've my own but absolutely

Today is not a good day to die.

It bothers me about those ear whatevers how the right one stretches like hell instead of just swinging around. Nice going physics guys.

You don't have to use a trip when you can just post images that you haven't already posted before.

Bump

I dont really get the economy in this game. The game keeps giving me random shit I cant use so I sell it one the marketplace. Im lvl 37 and have about 50 mil, im not saying thats a lot but idk what im supposed to spend it on.

God dammit

items and upgrades

you can actually buy and equip whatever you could afford right now since there's no level requirements

Oh I didnt know that. Ill still probably save it until I really need it though. I feel like im playing this game really unoptimally. Should I have a house at this point? Do workers do stuff automatically because I havent seen them do anything yet?

I'm kind of in the same boat, I only know a bit about equipment and upgrading. All the life skill stuff is mostly a mystery to me

Do quests in velia. There are tutorials there for all of the life skills as well as workers/nodes.

Is it worth it to get the 10 dollar starter pack?

I'm trying to play ffxiv atm but the game is just so weeby and weird and there's no world pvp.

Should I am a wizard in this instead? I quit archeage because of its pay to win, how bad is it in this?

Thanks

You absolutly need pets once you get to endgame to loot for you. You can buy them on the market from other players but they are in high demand so it will require some auction house sniping.

The only thing you must directly pay for that could be pay2win is weight limit increase. You can get around this by having a wagon or horse or building a house near your farming location and putting a storage chest in it. But its not as convenient as having fully maxed out weight limit.

Other than that theres really no pay2win

Pretty much everything that you can buy with real money you can also buy with in game money. In addition, the game gives you tons of opportunities to get cash shop items for free just by logging and stuff.

Can you still get the game for 10€ and if so, where?

Am I gonna make it senpai?

>over 1200 weight limit now
two down two to go

Just make 10k reagents you bitch. Not hard at all.

i hope next patch adds something cute

P-please respond.

You really waited an hour and a half for a response instead of looking on the website?

No you can't get it for €10 anymore.

>shorcut
>SHORCUT
Wait, wat?
Aw shite, i always thought it's just russian BD translators are a bunch of fukken ignant lame-brains straight from elementary school! But noooo! Would you look at that!! What a mess. Should start crying now, but my tears dried out.

>mfw failing tri for the sixth time at 58 fs

Why is the karma system so poorly thought out? You lose karma for killing players and get it back by... grinding. Which is 99% of the content in this game. There may as well not be a punishment.

you used to lose exp if you were killed by another player
was super useful if some random asshole tried to steal your mobs when grinding but carebears ruined it