Cayman

I got myself a 987 2.9 facelift cayman (pretty much the one in this wallpaper).

It's pretty basic equipment (PCM but no satnav or blutooth) so tell me /k/ what should I change/buy first?

flame decals obviously

porsche does not have an official overpriced version of those

Bread on roof

>go on vacation in Eastern Europe
>see literally 10 of these per day
>go to Germany
>see at least 20 in 2 hours high way driving

Why do so many people buy these? They're terrible.

I see a ton of these porsches

how do I tell just by looking at a Porsche if its nice or low-spec midlife crisis mobile?

Not a 911blabla just a boxster bla. It's still better from my side of the windscreen :)

maybe because you can get them for the price of a new golf or octavia

>/k/
Anyway OP what are your thoughts on it? Deciding between a 987 and a few other cars to replace my 370z with.

>I know nothing about cars: the post

more like passat or superb

Flat Olive green paint
Mil-spec run flat tires
Bead lock rims
Hatched 800mm turret ring
MG4 on the roof

it's pretty great. Just the fact that it is a porsche makes people behave in weird ways. The car itself is a big upgrade from my z3 2.8. you'd fall out of the window from g-forces before it starts sliding. Definitely don't go for pre-facelift, because IMS bearing issue makes you lay awake at night.

>no bluetooth
I will NEVER EVER get this

why did you not shell out a few extra hundred bucks for something so fucking necessary

prolly to avoid hackers

My old car had aux and this one has aux. I think Apple and Google make far better music player user interfaces on phones than any pioneer or sony can do on their double din nightmare pieces.

>Definitely don't go for pre-facelift
May need to hold off then since my budget (25-30k) doesn't really allow for pre-facelift, I thought the IMS was only really problematic in 996s though. My B plan was to buy another car then a post-facelift 987/991 in 3-5 years anyway.

The only "necessary" thing with a car radio is an AUX port, really.

So anyway, what I'm planing to get:

I need wheels for the winter, maybe getting fake fuchs or original cayman wheels.

Might do sth about the PCM. Maybe get the one with satnav. I have the multi button steeringwheel and a lot of other buttons with "phone" on them, that don't work because of the missing bluetooth (who build that?) so I might enable that

I wonder if the sport exhaust system can be added post-factory?

(You)
>AUX port
Jack* My autism made me correct this.
>991
981. I'm good at typing today.
>pre-facelift
Post-facelift. Jesus fucking christ.

this one was 28k€ but I need new wheels and the service is due in half a year. still, don't do 987.1, there is a reason these sell for almost 10k less. Also the old PCM in grey looks hideous

I give up. Don't post when you haven't slept, all I'm saying. That's four fucking mistakes.

Burger here, either way a 987.1 admittedly didn't seem like a good idea anyway (especially for resale purposes because I never hold onto a car for more than 5~ years), also would've held out for black.

btw this is it. got the carrera classic rims.

tf do you do when you have to take a call in the car?

I don't answer it?

how disgustingly inefficient, car time is ideal for making a few calls and getting shit in order.

pick up the fucking phone and push answer

By getting your head out of your ass