What do you keep in your car for emergencies/survival (if anything)?

What do you keep in your car for emergencies/survival (if anything)?

>5 gallons of water + the usual 20 bottles average size bottles i keep in my back seat
>15MRE's
>fishing pole and tackle box
>blankets, 1 pillow
>2 changes of clothes (with socks and boxers)
>winter clothes
>jumper cables
>power inverter
>extra prepaid phone and car and AC charger
>3 cigarette lighters
>basic tools
>1200w jump pack i charge every week
>pack of 8 month old cigarettes
>hunting knife
>filet knife
>backpack
>a few different kinds of tape (electrical, painters, and duct)
>2 flashlights
>batteries
>bag of wood chips for traction if i get stuck

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15073220/#q15073737
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A gun.

If you require anything else you're not a man.

>mexican poncho
>wood hatchet
>a hoodie
>Best of Bill Cosby cassette tape
>6 packs of Marlboro reds
>an empty zippo
>14 unopened black ice air fresheners

So you can do yourself the first day and give up?

Also you can't carry a gun in your car without a CCW or CPL, even in your trunk in a locked case...unless you are going to or coming from the gun range. An only 6 states allow open carry and in all of those states you cannot have a gun in the passenger compartment and it must be unloaded and locked away in the trunk.

Thats only 6 states....So the other 44 states are fucked unless you have a special job that will grant you a CCW/CPL

Mmm. I want some MRE now.
Pork sausage is my favorite

>various small tools
>large backpack with first aid
>crowbar
>5 ton tow strap
>jumper cables
>crimping tools and connectors
>duct tape
>electric tape
>knife

I'm sure there is more

>Also you can't carry a gun in your car without a CCW or CPL
This is false.

In Texas, you can drive around with a loaded handgun with the safety off in arm's reach of the driver and there's fucking nothing anyone can do about it.

>special job that will grant you a CCW
It's not like they're hard to get.

You live in California, don't you.

>Texas

Well Texas is a country in its own

No i live in Maryland.

>A full set of tools.
>A crow bar.
>A set of dent repair tools.
>A Jack
>A 50000lb load cell.

>Spare fuses
>Spare relays
>Coolant
>Oil
>Jack and tire iron
>Mini compressor
>mini socket set
>Jumper cables

I once had my E fan just die in the middle of traffic, turned on my heater and pulled over, turned out to be a burned out relay so I always now carry a second set.

>Needing a special job to get a carry permit
>Just about everything else you said too
What the fuck is this bullshit

I carry blankets and pillows for emergency sleep. pretty cozy desu

>this entire post

>he doesn't know of FOPA or any gun transportation laws

PA LTCF is a 45 day background check with 2 references and a photo ID. I can transport my gun in the trunk of my car as long as there are no magazines/ammunition in the gun itself.

> Jack
> Spare wheel
> Tire iron
> Jacket
> Card with recovery company's number on it
> Mobile phone
> Pen
> Roll of stickers
> Baby wipes
> Tissues

It sure is nice being in a civilised country, where you can get a truck to haul your car away within an hour of calling, and when you're generally never more than a day's walk from a town, or a few hours from mobile phone reception.

>you can't carry a gun in your car
Fun fact: its not an issue if you don't get caught

Let's not be childish now

Getting a carry permit in New york, even outside the city, is essentially impossible. Hell, getting a PISTOL permit is hard, you have to see the county sheriff and he pretty much has carte blanche do deny you for any reason. They usually only issue carry permits in cases where the person has an occupational reason, either because they are acting as security, or because the individual is a small business owner who needs to move/deposit large amounts of cash.

For trips that take me more than 10 miles from civilization, or any trip where I won't have cell service.
> Blanket
> 2 gallons of water
> Gallon of coolant
> Two sets of ratchets w/ angle adapters
> Jack stands
> 2 spare coil packs
> 2 jump boxes
> Moving blanket
> Floor jack
> Tire patch kit
> Standard small survival kit (needle / thread, matches, bandaids, etc)

The car's included spare tire, leg wrench, and Jack.
Jumper cables.
Extra set of clothes.
Paper towels.
Mouse trap to catch that dicker who keeps eating my paper towels

>torch
>sometimes a SAK

10 packs of ramen noodles
a bunch of random canned food, maybe 4 cans, mostly beans
fixed blade knife
24 pack of water that i took out because weight reduction

jack shit because its a new car

lemme go take a pic, its very cool how i stored it.

nothing suspicious, right?

w-wait what's this

AWW SHIT NIGGA WE GOT SPAM AND NOODLES

check em faggots

that's bad I think

a few cans of dog food, that way you'll only eat it when it's absolutely necessary

Why did you buy spam lite? Do you think you are eating that shit for your health?

Not everybody wants to live in a country the size of a postage stamp. Some of us like to go innawoods where there is no cell reception due to mountains in the way.

Nice thread mate
Sorry for english guys

Default :
>jack
>spare wheel (real wheel)
>red triangle thing
>fluo yellow jacket
>spare fuses
>jumper cables

Added :
>fire extinguisher
>two shiny survival blanket things (not sure if efficient but 3€ and takes no space)
>spare bulbs
>spare tires valves caps (got one stolen yersterday)
>bottle of coolant
>flashlight
>rags
>maps of country and close area (I find more efficient than google shit actually)
>CB
>spare CB for friend's car
>USB sockets on a 5V 8A converter
>some tools and tapes, serflexes, steel wire, WD40 shit
>bandaids
>ratchet straps (actually the thing I use the most)
>tissues

Will be added :
>1000 or 2000W 220V~ converter
>bottle of oil
>is metal bottle of gasoline in the trunk a bad idea guys ??
>big truck battery connection thing to plug camping-car devices like small fridge and stuff
>possible convertion from 5 seats to 2 seats and a bed
>custom anti-sun shiny windshield thing that ACTUALLY fits the windshield
>snow chains
>basic tools
>bottled water
>military meals in cardboard boxes things
>campfire things
>clothes
>knife
>full self-repair kit (like medication, bandages and these things)

Ideas you guys just gave me :
>prepaid phone, will see if doable here (had bad experience with prepaid phones)
>poncho
>baby wipes
>pens and pencils

I've got a duffel bag with a

>Kukri

>Sleeping system (Hammock, straps, rain fly, sleeping bag)

>lighter

>stove, cooking cup, fuel

>paracord, twine

>Some non-perishable food

>Water filtering system

During the winter I add:

>Boots, coat, snow pants, wool socks, hat, gloves and snow shoes

clearly a white guy that's voting for Trump

Nice well played. Ever used it ?

interesting, just googled kukri. What is the advantage over the usual straight blade ?

Ever slept somewhere unplanned with your stuff ?

>dent repair tools
user, do you hit and run?

>using someone's possible choice of presidential candidate as an insult

>>>/reddit/

Veeky Forums

>possible choice
lol

Go back to (liberal, non-Texas state) FAGGOT

That's really shit food, even for an emergency situation it'd probably just make shit worse.
I hope you at least rotate it around every month or live in a freezing climate because that shit is gonna go bad.

>duffel bag filled with spare clothes, winter gloves/hats, winter boots
>ammo box with 4x ratchet straps, gorilla tape, electrical tape, assorted size zip ties
>108pc tool set from harbor freight
>emergency kit with reflective triangle, jumper cables, work gloves, assorted musings
>first aid kit
>tow strap
>heavy duty tow chain
>winch remote
>collapsible shovel, snow broom, and machete
>wheel chock
>32 degrees rated sleeping bag
>lantern and flashlight
i think that's it

No I just don't have anywhere to keep them other than in my car. That is a good idea if I happen to hit someone.

Nothing special, I don't live in "pretending to be 1st world" made up country

Man, some of you seem like you're prepared for fucking World War 3. The most I've ever had in my cars is a box of tools in my LeBaron.
Usually I am way too autistic to have anything extra in the car, my trunks are literally completely empty, glove box only has the original manual booklet thingy and a ball point pen for marking up services. Center consoles in my Chryslers are also both completely empty.

I dunno, maybe I just have too much trust in my cars for them not to leave me stranded.
Thus far I've been golden with them and they've been golden with me.

no rolls of plastic or trash bags?

Har du bytta bil eller?

A pair of gloves, a very long roll of toilet paper and the mandatory first aid kit.

>a very long roll of toilet paper

What? Aren't ordinary toilet paper rolls long enough?

Yup, solgte Merca for ei uke og ei halv sia. Reiste tre timer for å se på et vrak av en Navara, og så til Moelv for et annet vrak av en Navara. Så stakk vi innom Grondalen (15 min unna der jeg bor), hvor jeg da fort fant ut at HiLuxen jeg trodde var i ganske slitt stand var faktisk jævelig fin

Ikke værst det. Hiluxer er slitesterke arbeidbiler de. Satser på at du legger ved noen bilder i innleggene dine fremover!

A big ole knife.

You need some 550 cord and a thermal foil blanket and popsmoke

I have an SKS as my dedicated trunk gun, with a John Masen mag and SI scout mount. Fantastic SHTF/hunting in a pinch/plinking gun, and being Canadian, our only transportation requirement is that it be unloaded, no lock or anything.

>Triggered liberals

I drive a stripped out corolla, op. I don't keep anything in there except for the driver seat, dash/steering wheel, and console because I didn't like having my shift knob sticking out of the floor. Basically all I have unless you count dirt and broken glass.

>I hope you at least rotate it around every month

Spam was originally made for military use because there was no meat product that was stable or edible after cycles of hot and cold or freezing weather followed by warm weather. At times, stores in WW2 were in wood crates covered by tarp outdoors.

As for nice sets of items to have in a car, see previous archived Veeky Forums threads on that subject such as:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15073220/#q15073737

>all this extra weight you are carrying in your car

enjoy wasting fuel for literally no reason, fucking autists

Your pistols should be in your person and not the car. The question is what do you keep in your car not what do you keep on your person.

The 2 references has been dropped for a while now homeboy. Just got mine in philly

>5 gallons of water + the usual 20 bottles average size bottles i keep in my back seat
>15MRE's
>fishing pole and tackle box
>blankets, 1 pillow
>all this fucking shit

what do you drive a fucking bus?

in my civic
>12mm wrench
>phillips screwdriver
>owners manual
>jumper cables
>spare tire

>implying I weigh down my godmachine just to weird out people when they get in my car and have to sit on the fucking campsite I keep in my car

>winter safety kit from canadian tire
>air compressor
>granola bar

I bet you have a huge penis

Maybe you should drive a reliable car, then.

Water
Snack I think
Crowbar
Gloves
Towels
Jumper cables
Fishing knife

Yea just keep some stuff in cAse man

>Jumper Cables
>Large Knife
>Ratchet set
>Some 7 in 1 screwdriver
>Electrical Tape
>Warm gloves
>Mexican Poncho thing I found on the side of the road
>First aid kit I got for free from a golf outing
>An extra ECU for the car

>>fishing pole and tackle box

I imagine this is useful

A game officer walks up to a stranded OP and asks for his fishing license. OP says "the fuck man, i'm just trying to survive", the cops are called, and OP gets a squad car ride.

should i consider stuff like this for my VW transporter? is it worth preparing all this kind of apocalypse-ready stuff? I live in a fairly populated area so i dont know if its worth taking the extra shit other than car repair essentials
>Emergency kit:
>standard tyre change stuff
>spare solenoid
>spare drive belt
>fire extinguisher
>monkey wrench
>tobacco bag and tally-ho
>WD-40
>WD-40
>WD-40

I live in Illinois which is an anti-gun shithole and I don't need a special job to get a CCL. Also

gallons of water + the usual 20 bottles average size bottles i keep in my back seat
MRE's

You're gonna need more water, friend.

i keep a socket set and a change of socks

nvm i used the socks earlier today

Oil and coolant is about it

Incidentally I have a timing belt kit and brake pads/rotors that may or not get installed.

I should take them out, probably effecting my mpg by about 1 or 2, times are tough, weight reduction bro.

On a side note I've never had the need for a lot of this other shit you guys carry around, my typical drive is to work and back so I don't run into much bullshit.

Every car in my fleet gets

>Clean set of scrubs
>Clean set of season appropriate street clothes
>Pair of good shape hiking shoe and hiking sock
>12 volt tire inflator, plug kit, 1 can of tire slime
>4 Packs of Calorie Mates, 30 pack water purification tablets, Katadyn Hiker, life strawl, and a few empty 1 liter bottles
>Solar blanket and lightweight tarp
>Foldable wood saw
>Inflatable backpackers mattress
>Level 2 first aid kit (could have an entire thread on the first aid kit but let's just say it's comprehensive)
>Head mountable flashlight and a handheld flashlight, both use 18650 cell
>6 18650 cells for flashlights
>Basic hand tool set, few pocket knives, multi tool
>1 qt of engine oil

I'm under 20lbs with this load out, that's nothing for a car. I have everything but the tire stuff in a backpack. The idea being if I had to grab the backpack and go I could. The backpack and tire stuff are in a cardboard folder box that I bungee to the back of my trunk.

In my glove box I also keep a lithium ion car jumper and a small cell phone pack. Also have a lock box under my seat where I can lock my Glock 29 in when i'm going into a rights limiting area. I also keep 2 full size 10mm mags in the lock box just in case.

The tire stuff and car jumper has saved plenty of peoples bacon over the years. If i'm going up to my cabin in the mountains i'll put in some more gear but for the most part this is what I roll with everyday

MRE's constipating you is a myth.

As funny as that story is, the fact is they don't bind you up. It is a meme right with pop rocks and soda.

I had slow as fuck shits after my first week in the field, living on only water, MRE's and a small packet of Ahlgrens Bilar.

So did two of my squadmates. We narrowed it down to the chicken in herbal sauce that we had all had

I've checked and read many ingredient lists and never once saw anything in it that was for stool one way or the other.

The only way you are getting backed up on MREs is if you are on a water ration, which if you are eating MREs, you probably are.

It should be considered a good thing to the military for its soldiers to have less frequent stools. Less trash to clean up and easier self-maintenance out in the field. It wouldn't be surprising if the military tried to have MRE rations not contain a lot of ash content type foods in the first place.