forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Norris sux to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound fecal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/nigger

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/statistics
metamechs.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7_ILqVmyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>battletech won't even have playable alphas until next year
HBS can't save the Battletech franchise fast enough from the pig.

Melee when?
Also anyone else sick of long update time differences? Why does it take a month to release a new mech holy fuk

can't rush pefection.

>can't rush pefection.
>Mechwarrior: Online was officially launched during 17th of September 2013|
Really made me ponder

Today I will remind them.

After using /gerg/ for 10 months, I finally checked what the kong.stepoff.com led to and it was a " :) "
Cool

What?

Can't wait for the easy kills.

bump

Ebin

Why are we even getting the Linebacker? It's a shit mech that couldn't replace the Timberwolf.

Because it makes the old gold men angry by delaying the flea

>incredibly shit heavy mech with 390 XL goes super fast!

The Cuntsman has more pod space than it does. It's actually funny that there are mediums and probably a few lights with more space than it.

The glorious balance and strength of omnimechs.

*a cloaked figure stalks into the discussion, his face masked by the darkness of his cowl. he speaks in a guttural growl, a note of true sadness in his voice.*

is this game fun yet

has anything changed

please give me answers

The game was always fun

*Teleports behind you. Whispering into your ear.*

no

fun? what's that?

* whips out quad cuac5 *

this game is p2w

nth for perpetual Russ speculation that there will be an engine change/update.

daily reminder that 13 hours remain on the humble bundle mkx sale
rollback netcode in 9 days

>buying a discontinued game.

Member when golds thought MWO was an MMO? That shit died quickly.

Also remember when the golds had like 30 different kinds of mechlab instead of using smurfy? That shit died quickly too.

Remember when golds/others constantly want TT balance and put on nostalgia goggles every 5 seconds.
Good drinking game:
>Everytime some mentions any other MW game take a shot
>If its a gold take 2 shots
>Take a shot if they say one of the older MW games were better

Whoa, man. Really makes you think.

got a new build for my meclops-z, fuck the ac you get the same amount of dmg+ from 2 srm6s 3 mpls' uses get cooled before the next volley and 3 lls fuck anything in the right range
just posting to warn people to steer clear from any ac use on the cp-10-z

get on mumble

No. It's sleep time.

is haruko completely dead now?

Why is MWO a hot steaming pile of shit right now?

I get that Night Gyr just came out and a heavy event is going on, but it went from lol laser vomit to this cancer double gauss ppc shit.

I can deal with the kodiaks, they're actually kind fun to play against. It's shitty at times cuz lol 600 meter range too shaky to return fire or whatever and mounting advantage, but it's alright, managable.

But when I go into a fucking game, and the enemy team has 4 assualts and 7 heavies and one light, and between all of them they have 3 lasers and 2 SRM 6s, everything else being literal gauss and ppc, it's a problem.

I see at least 3 different people a day playing Arctic Cheetas with LITERALLY 0 armor, pop-corn shooting people with a Gauss. Why? I dunno cuz a stripped cheeta can mount a fucking gauss and like 1.5 tons of ammo and it clearly works out.

Like jesus shit, I thought we were done with this pinpoint shit. But no just cuz a not-that bad heavy can mount it, suddenly everyone has to otherwise game has 4 NG's with it garunteed so it turns into 8 gauss + 12 AC mech fights at 750 meters.

t. an angry shitter who likes playing mediums but cant deal with this meme sweeping the nation.

has the meta truly gone full circle?

why do you have to be so mad?

yes

There is a HEAVY event going on

I got a beast pc, I like mechs and I don't know any of these games.
What should I play? preferably something with a big playerbase

living legends

hawken

I've played hawken for a while back when I had my shitty laptop, is it still popular?
I'll look up some gameplay of this, thanks!

Yeah, it's less popular than 2 60$ major releases.

Ur gettin troll'd, m8.
Not a single robot game has a large playerbase.
Hawken is super dead, living legends is mega over-dead (it's an old mod for crisis that got fucked by PGI's lawyers) and MWO has barely enough players.
MWO is fun at it's core, but grindy as fuck and it's difficult not so spend at least some real money on mechbays, because PGI are kikes and make you buy 3 of the same mech type every time, for no fucking reason except grind and shekels.

fuck
all I want is a decent mech and/or space game
all I get is shit like dead games and elite dangerous/scam citizen. Guess I can still emulate armored core games

Thousand players is far from dead.
It's still more than enough to support 2 queues of 12v12s.

Nigga did I say that MWO is dead? I fucking said that MWO has enough players to function, but does not have a "large playerbase" as that in the minds of modern vidya retards means "hundreds of thousands of players".

>multiplayer game doesn't have Dota 2/hearthstone numbers
>guess it's not worth playing
I fucking hate this dead game meme.

Has MWO gotten worse in the last four or so months? Just wondering, as I'm thinking of hopping back in but in the last month or so people seem to be hating on it much harder than before.

Nah, there are just less people here so the greater percentage of people are bittervets.

Is it still Missiles: The Game? That was part of why I stopped playing, since I wasn't having much fun sitting in a trench for five to ten minutes, waiting for the non-stop rain of missiles to end.

No, almost all weapon types are viable now.
Still gotta boat them, tho.

Dunno, most of the complaints I see are either "my favorite mech is slightly worse than these other options"
or
"this balancing scheme that works does not make sense to me so it must be removed"

I think the viable balance concerns left are:
>boating still mandatory
> we have unelegant balancing methots like ghostheat that somewhat solve super high alphas but are unintuitive and don't do shit to boating. heatscale doesn't shape up to solve shit, atm
>lrm mechanics are retarded as they always were, no fun and make lrms compleatly useless 90% of the time and frustratingly op 10% of the time

I also hate goose charging. I can do it but it ruins the goose for me.

I like it.
It makes the weapon unique.

The goose is just like retarded kids being called unique.

>this isn't unique enough for my refined tastes

I'm arguing that what makes it "unique" also makes it feel annoying and retarded.
I don't give a shit abot uniqueness. Weapons gotta feel right first and foremost.

>I don't care if something likes something I don't
>it must be changed to suit my sensibilities or else it's retarded

Do do, infact not care that a few fags like geese that behave like handicaped electromagnetic space muskets.

I do care about the fags like you wanting to turn every fucking weapon in every fucking game into Q3 railgun because "muh feelings"

Then try to beat as at lobbying faggot.
Faggots like you that like variaty for variaties sake are cancer.

Go back to playing Q3 instagib if you love that weapon that much.
Go on, people are waiting for you.

Nah, I will continue to lobby against illogical fags that want to force unintuitive game mechanics just for blind varieties sake.

>when the enemy has a spider trying to scout and you hit it in the head with a gauss rifle for a free ez kill

>when ac20 connects with a locust

>when a light tries to flank but can't avoid your streaks

Cuz I'm tired of getting murdered after having to sit afk for 4 minutes waiting for my team to lose the poke-war and then they just deathball us.

Or vice versa, I'm tired of getting killed by 3 gauss shots to the CT at 850 meters in the first 5 seconds of a game because LOL DOMINATION GAME MODE :^:)^)^:)^))^)^)^)

I said that. But that doesn't change the fact that even with a HEAVY event going on, all the people using gauss are ASSAULTS and NIGHT GYRS and since NIGHT GYRS are kick-starting this stuff because they aren't terrible it most likely won't change after the event ends.

But thanks for reminding me.

>Why is MWO a hot steaming pile of shit right now?
>right now

Try from the time it said "Online", it was doomed to be downhill from there.

>anything that's not straight up point&click is illogical and unintuitive
Yes, it's called a video game, everything is just a obfuscation of the fact that you are sitting there pressing buttons.

Well I don't doubt you, but I've taken this game with a grain of salt since I bought a cheap founders pack. I only play sparodically, but lately I've been more into it since I can play with 3-4 friends and they're adding some mechs I actually like.

But recently, just...jesus dude. You can't even play half of the weight classes just because of the new mech and 2 weapons. Like I would rather people boat 4 LPL and 3 Mlas because I can at least survive longer than 6 seconds against that. But with 2 gauss 1 PPC even loading 95% of armor to the front they strip me completely in 0.75 seconds and then a small breeze leads to instant death. Especially with the rest of the team being AC boats, which AC boats are fine on their own but giving people running like 2 LBX10s the chance to shoot a guy with an open CT at 500 meters = lol get crit son free kill.

git gud son

>Finally get Stock Mech Mode
>Private matching only. No cue.
>Find your own fucking match.

Yeah probably. I'm blogging I know but after like 6 hours of losses in a row I just get fed up of this shit this week.

You should not force yourself to play the game like this

Take a break and retry later

I would agree but the 35% sale ends. Soon. And I have 2 more hellbringers to buy, because lol fuck me 9.3m even with the sale price.

Preparation is half the battle

You should have stocked up more cbills

If you were to get only the standard pack for any of the upcoming mechs, which would it be and why? If your answer is none because you've already been too much of a good goy, then consider it as a hypothetical question.

MAD CAT 2

I had 20m to start but I spent 11m buying one hellbringer and changing the loadout, then I had to buy some modules for another mech (which was a mistake) and now here I am with like 2m to my name and 18m to get in like 1 day.

Maybe I should just go preorder Huntsmen and save up for that. Ballistic nova here we goooooooooo

Standard park only?

Bushwacker, Huntsman or Night Gyr

>only the standard pack
None.
Now... toss in some addons and the Hero for the Huntsman? We're talkin'.
Hero and ECM addon for the Marauder IIC? Oh baby.
Hero for the Bushwacker? Spicy.

Hello?

goodbye

time to die

no

Isn't there a site that lets users publish builds and let you look through a list of them? I could've sworn smurfy let you choose a mech and then look through builds like a year ago, but now I can only find builds that were popular for certain time periods (today, yesterday, last week, etc.)

mwo.smurfy-net.de/statistics

metamechs.com/ ?

good one

it's a really good site but the guy who maintains it doesn't have guides for every mech, so you have to ctrl+f the comp/meta lists and get about 2 builds that don't really differ much from each other. thanks though.

What you're asking for does not, and has not existed I'm afraid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7_ILqVmyA
Bring on the LRMs

Is that a fake voice he's using or does he really sound like he's a downy? I've never watched his shit before because I've never wanted to.

He really sounds like a downs. Unless he's speaking his native language.

That was retarded.

For good reason, if you add another queue you only further dilute the player base, it's better this way.

If you had a "stock mech only" week(end) it would potentially work. (Though you might lose players because not all gold men want to play stockies only for a week)

He seems to think it makes himself sound important, faking his voice like that.

>stock mode
>"hey we know you spent lots of time and virtual money grinding to make shitmechs kinda okay and fun, but FUCK YOU HERE STOCK MODE SHITMECHS ONLY NO FUN ALLOWED" - love, PGI

Why is it that niggers like you try to force that awful, unviable party game mode unto the general populace?

You morons have had the ability to organize stock mode matches before, and you found out that clans literally assrape IS without a severe, nearly 2:1 handicap, and that IS vs IS matches literally go on forever where people run out of ammunition because PGI didn't account for their double health buffs needing more ammo to kill shit.

>stock mech weekend
I can imagine it, the butthurt would be unreal
>people who don't know much about battletech queuing and getting btfo
>golds getting a harsh reminder of how bad IS lorebuilds are

The majority of weapons have more ammo you retard.

Most weapons have like 50% increased ammo per ton. While armor is doubled and most mechs have structure quirks out of the ass.

>further dilute the player base of ~ 2000 people
>do nothing and let the player base dilute itself to other games