/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. BootNTR has been updated. Don't update your 3DS unless you have a CFW installed, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-If you are on 11.0, install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/
-Webkit exploit seems to work on 4.0 psxhax.com/threads/playstation-4-v4-00-webkit-crash-and-ps4-dev-updates-by-ryan111.784/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0
192.168.1.208/wiibrew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a way to convert Gameboy roms into Gameboy Color roms?

What exactly are the chinks waiting or winning for holding hostage the mai tools like that?

I just cant see any benefit for it

user...

5th for where is DS loading

I need to do that to be able to play this gameboy rom I have in color on the 3ds. It has color, but on the Gameboy VC, it can't show it's color. I can play it with color on VBA though.

Damn, new thread got posted as soon as posted my question so I'll do it again.

I'm running menuhax with luma3ds atm, do I need to update it or something before updating to 11.1? I'm honestly lost since I didn't mod my ds myself, but a friend. It used to have RxTools until I replaced it with Luma, which I read was better.

I'm uploading an EU copy of Superbeat Xonic now.

Do I just link it here when it's done or is there some way I can add it to doc myself?

>EOPs

Read the guide word for word and you'll be able to switch to a9lh and dump your emnand on to sysnand so you lose nothing but gain a faster boot and not having to install GBA/DS games twice.

Where the fuck are the ds roms, ps1 and psp emulation

I can't wait for you pirates to get banned already.

Anyone know how to dump WiiU discs to wud? Is there a simple homebrew for it?

I have a couple of shovelware discs that are undumped afaik.

I am using Luma in the last Sys update.
When I go to see my themes on the Theme Store, it always gives an error after tryig to conect with my NNID.
I am doing something wrong?

@155776603
(You)

Bans are a myth

first time checking out these threads, I used to frequent gbatemp months ago, so I'm pretty out of the loop. I've got a n3ds xl on 9.0 with menuhax and pasta cfw. I've got AGB_FIRM patched on my sysNAND, I previously only used emuNAND for gateway stuff. Is there anything I need to do or know before I follow the guide? Also, I don't especially care one way or the other if I keep any of data or saves or anything if it would be easier to wipe the system and start from scratch.

>implying a ban even matters

What games do you even play online on the Vita anyway? All the panty quest and weeb games are single player.

Darkest dungeon dumps when

also were the nintendrones get this assblasted when 3ds piracy came

Why cant we get along

>been over a month already
>nary a ban nor update since 3.61
I think they think they fixed it or just dont care.
They are going to try to oush some more reskins then call it done focus on making phone games as they make way more money.

>implying you can play games that require 3.61
Banned and can't play the latest games. Get cucked, piratefag.

>latest games
>implying Vita is even getting games at this point

Now assuming we magically hit a brick wall and don't come up with a proper CFW to circumvent such things, I would be perfectly content playing the ~1,000 or so games that already work on 3.60.

>Vita getting new games
LOL

I'm sorry, but I think I have that too. Does it stand for arm9loaderhax?
Here's a pic of my SD contents.

>valkyria: azure revolution
>demon gaze II
>world of final fantasy
>new atelier games
>nights of azure 2
>new gust game
stay delusional, thieves.

How does BootNTR differ from Luma? The github page doesn't really say much

It's getting about 20 before the end of the year. Hell, just Shantae, DQB, and WoFF are coming out in a few weeks.

What are Vitafags playing?

>PS4
>actually exclusive
>PS4
>PS4
>PS4
>PS4

Would you like to try again? Unless you're trying to suggest you enjoy playing games at a silky smooth 24FPS (since you can't overclock unless you pirate).

All of which aren't exclusives.

just a cfw that runs on top of luma, lets you take screen shots use cheats video stream and some other stuff

So 2 Vita exclusives all next year

>old google doc
cmon now
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

Did exclusives stop being games?

Panty Quest, Moe Chronicle, Super Kawaii Uguu Journey: Pipimi's Wacky Adventure.

It's a completely different thing. You also run it on top of Luma through a .cia. It allows you to:
-Take screenshots
-Stream to PC (New 3DS only)
-Edit RAM/Use cheats
-Send files to the 3DS while running games
-Edit the romfs of games on the fly
-Use input from your PC on your 3DS
-Use a debugger

I'm gonna buy Shantae though.

Any news on the Shinovi Versus nude mode v4?

Why would you play anything but exclusives on a Vita? If the game is available on PS4/PC, it's automatically superior on those platforms. In case you didn't notice, multiplatform games run like utter ass on the Vita (Atelier, Senran EV, Deception, Gal Gun, to name a few).

>valkyria: azure revolution
Changed for the worst. Not excited for it.

>demon gaze II
First one is meh, so I don't care

>world of final fantasy
Looks like it could be fun might miss it

>new atelier games
I don't like the ones I have now and don't care about future ones

>nights of azure 2
First one is shit. Don't care about future ones

>new gust game
I don't like gust's games in general.

I think I'll be just fine no matter what happens. I do believe there may be a workaround in the future though.

multi-platform*

You and me both. Here's hoping it works.

Will we get Danganronpa V3 for free?

>implying you're going to buy a 60 dollar game when you have to steal a 40 dollar game
Ok buddy.

Also
>SaGa

Vita exclusives aren't worth playing on Vita if there is a PS4 version except for rare cases like Digimon where it was made for Vita and just ported.

Because it's handheld. I'll play whatever I feel like playing on it. Hell, I bought the thing for Rayman Origins.
>automatically better on PC/PS4
In terms of performance, perhaps. In terms of utility, not necessarily.

>Deception
Deception IV has performance issues? Didn't know that.

Oh poor /vitagen/ fag. I'll pirate as much as i want while you bleed out from your ass posting nonsense that won't stop from pirating.

Assuming 3.61 games won't be dumped in the future is as delusional as assuming the vita can't be hacked back before hencucku release

Clean my ass you're at it you filthy slave

You are correct, because I would never touch these games if it weren't for them being free. The only reason I'm even here is because I got a Vita TV + 16Gb card + controller for $60.

Deception IV Nightmare gets really choppy when you're in the more active rooms (moving stage traps, etc) along with activating a lot of traps at once. Overclocking mostly fixes it though.

First, I never buy games at full price because I don't care about playing things soon they come out.

Second, I'd definitely pay money for the best version of a game.

A litle help, please?
>Can I run DS games without a flashcard on 3DS?
>How do I install themes? Just download, put in the "themes" folder and use CHMM2 to install?
Thank you!

So I'm trying to get Loadiine working on my WiiU and I'm using the self-hosting package on GBATemp but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Currently on 5.5.1 which it says is compatible but whenever I go to 192.168.1.208/wiibrew on my wiiu I get nothing just a white screen. The localhost/wiibrew on a browser on my laptop brings up the menu for all the homebrew though.

Any ideas?

It's Vita time, bitch

GET THE FUCK OUT

I want to buy a Vita TV for this, is there a risk that will come with 3.61?

You can't at the moment.

>How do I install themes? Just download, put in the "themes" folder and use CHMM2 to install?
Either that or you install them as .cia files.

I'm just gonna get it on my _PS4

Wait what? Wii U is fully exploited now? As in Piracy?

Not yet you fucking retard
Yes.

So I bought into the gateway meme when it came out (there was no other option for 3DS piracy then)

Do I need to do anything special to switch from Gateway to CFW or can I just still follow the guides in the OP?

Vita TV is guaranteed to be under 3.60 thanks to the production of them ceasing ages ago. They'll have 3.20 or so at most.

Sort of yeah. Its a shitty homebrew machine at the moment but you can get most games working without wifi on them. I think. As stated, I'm having problems with it.

Take that to We have piracy, and it's not fully exploited. Read the OP.

>Now
You're way, way late.

Thanks for the (You) that's all I wanted. I'll be back for more later

>finally made a Shoutmon
Fucking hell, you are either super precise or you fuck everything up.

Didn't knew that I could install with a cia, gonna look that up. Thank you!

Rude. But thank you!

Perfect! Gonna buy one tomorrow, thanks!

>also were the nintendrones get this assblasted when 3ds piracy came
No, they rejoiced

If you're feeling lucky, you can get one for only $20 at Target. The issue is in order to get it for $20, you need to find it being sold in store, and you need the Cartwheel app (Target's official app) to get the coupon for it (assuming said coupon is still available).

Can someone dump the US version of Project Diva X? I'd like to be able to cross-save. Please be my hero.

So is 10.7 Browserhax dead? Will I need to find a game based exploit in order to install a9lh on a New 3DS?

really makes you think huh

whens god eater?

Never.

Please respond, I'm really confused.

At least I know I have a9lh installed on my 3ds, am I supposed to update it?

Why are you asuming it is?

it was only patched in 11.1

Thank you for the hint, mate.
I am not american, but I know a place where they are pratically giving away Vita TVs.

I've read some reports about the DNS not working on 10.7, thus triggering the update nag.

doesn't mean browserhax is dead though

Right, but it currently doesn't work on 10.7 systems, nor do we know when/if it will work again.

share this info with your canadian brother you fag
vita tv is literally gone from everywhere in CAN for some reason

it does work just that the DNS is iffy which is a completely different thing

what videogame friend

Actually, I am brazilian..

Can the Vita hacking process be done over wifi? Fucking how?

Oh right.

Does anyone know what's going on with the DNS exactly? OR when it might be fixed?

I mean, can you downgrade without a USB?

What do for 3Ds?

Stay at 11.0 and use ctr-httpwn for online services?

Update to 11.1 and use entrypoint for homebrew channel?

Which is the better option right now?

The "hacking" is literally going to a site through the browser

I meant downgrading it. I don't have this usb laying around.

You can't downgrade, if you're on 3.61 you're fucked

>Vita
>downgrade
Oh honey

There is no downgrading it, might never be as how the current "hack" team are colossal faggots.

Fuck again.

I mean updating to 3.60. My fw is lower but I don't have a usb.

Which (dumped) Vita JP-only game would you guys be interested in getting an English fan-translation?

Looking for something to work on

what's the best way to update to 9.2?

>translation

I'm not even that guy or a retarded buyfag but
>owning home consoles in 2016
I'm in /hbg/ for a reason, and that reason isn't because I enjoy shilling out $300+$60 each game to play "HD" on a shitty dudebro modern day TV console. And who the hell actually plays games on PC? Handhelds are maximum comfy.

both tolove ru game in the doc
thanks

So if I have Luma and a9hl I'm safe to update to 11.1 normally, right?

taiko's dlc hand it over /hbg/

translate ao and zero no kiseki evo
thanks

Trails in the sky evo