/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

How do I make use of Cast Light in PvP?

YO WADDUP!!!

once again lads
>cock ring on, bong loaded, SL99 duelist set, dragon dildo ready for loading screens
who /sundaynight/ here

>decided to go full ash estus on my fai build like someone mentioned

>15 Ash estus

>Can cast Soothing sunlight twice with each one, and that's with unfaultering prayer
>Each one full heals me

>I now have effectively 30 full heals, obviously less if I use miracles offensively during

HOLY SHIT WHAT

Pfft. Try teaching math and/or science.

In Arizona.

I had fun with that too. I was doing a blessed nun character. I unfortunately had to switch from blessed to lightning weapons though. It still upsets me.

How did Nameless King feel about having two extremely fuckable siblings?

can you not off-topic shitpost here please, leave it in the old thread

How do you heal in emergency

inb4 long ds3 greentext

Impossible to tell with From's unique blend of incompetence and terrible decision-making

It's nice but it means you can't chug an instant 600 HP back at a moment's notice mid-combat.

Miracle heals are worthless in pvp unless you have mobs to run off and hide behind whenever you need a heal, and limiting in pve since a bossfight will almost never give you a chance to get the heal off.

probably pretty good

It's worth noting that you can't parry a backstab if it could be successful. Only failed backstabs become parryable, because the failed backstab motion is still technically an attack

Nope. Unfaultering prayer is a thing.

I literally just full heal through peoples shit with poise and backstab immunity once I'm just under halfway. I still have a shitload of heals, and usually can then tank parry after because people get spamhard when you heal through them

Most weapons in the game will kill an 1800HP player through unfaltering prayer before the miracle animation finishes. You can literally swing 8 times with a carthus sword during that animation.

Unless you began the heal while at full HP, you're going to die. If you survive, it's because the other guy was too clueless to hit you while you were completely vulnerable. Most people won't fall for that more than once

That glorious moment when one of the phantoms fucks up and falls of or gets parried and the tides shift.

>nameless came back to drop off the SLB miracle
>crippled his brother's waist after the banging they did

8 times? what are you smoking. My cast speed gets it off by the 3rd hit.

You use the full heal at the right time, mind you, and just stock up on mini chime art heals

I know we need to move on but one last thing to the history teacher, when you get to WW2 show home videos of hitler laughing and being a decent guy to fuck with your students.

I should stress, this isn't for duels. This is for general invasions. Duels I just use weapon art heals, soothing sunlight if they passively back off or after a lightning storm or something

Is that confirmed for sure?

>lightning storm
Is that even worth it? I heard it was slow as shit and I'm on the fence about getting the swordspear or that.

get the swordspear and dont look back

Yes.
The backstab trigger isn't a hit and isn't parryable, it's an invisible hit detection check that initiates a grab if successful. If that check fails (eg. the backstab won't trigger because your positioning was wrong or they moved) then you get the little backstab whiff animation, which is parryable.

Oh shiet, don't do this to me. I was really looking forward to utilizing the last miracle I never used.

Lightning Storm is turboshit.
It would be fine if it didn't have such a long cast time and consume so much stamina and FP, but it's just trash the way it is. Its only purpose is keeping people away so you can cast a healing spell, but even then they can just roll into it with the right timing and go right through to stay in your face with impunity.

>no more heavenly thunder goodness
The dream is dead to me.

>Untended graves
>Stretch out gesture
>Get invaded
>They run past me and leave

The miracle is good but it's only meant for group situations when there's a 3v3 going off and you step in the action while people aren't 100% focused on you and storm the lot of them and get some damage on everyone at once. Same with divine pillars.

There are spells in the game not at all meant for 1v1 and duels. They suck there, but shine in group/guerrilla tactics

>Swamp, crabs everywhere
>Stretch out, go under the water

what is keeping you guys playing this game? I'm so bored after NG+5, duels get boring, and invasions are shit

FCs mostly.

Not really.
The sound cue is so loud it;s impossible to miss, and the answer to it is to simply begin spamming roll in a direction that's generally away from the fight.

This answers literally every AoE or area denial spell in the game. You see this shit happen even in our FFA fightclubs where we restrict the playing field to a relatively small area and 5 people are all fighting one another in a chaotic melee. Someone with a caster meme build will try using Wog/Divine Pillars/firestorm/lightningstorm etc. and hit literally nobody because everyone just hears it and gets away.

I found a way to make invasions not-shit and have been abusing it for 5 months

Invasions are fun af, you're crazy

>mfw fell for the SL120 meme

Online play is terrible at this level. All invasions are ganks and your only other choices are ganking or dueling.

It's always like this.

Same...same.

i just rush through the pve

then collectors edition in some champion souls to level myself to 120

then bring my shitty meme builds to FCs

fun times

If you thought 120 was for invading, you are the meme.

SL120 invasions can be fun you just need to be patient. Just chill for 2 or 3 minutes after being summoned until you have some aldriches or reds to help you out. 3v3s are super fun. lower level invasions are forest though are still bomb

>then collectors edition in

What does this mean? I always see people saying they CE for new characters but have no idea what it actually is.

Cheat Engine buddy

>so few blue tongues

Invasions are ganks anyway unless you're invading people just going through the game at lower levels anyway, that has always been the case for duel metas.

cheat engine

It's safe if you just turn a fading soul into 99 champions souls, and if you aren't a shitter that turns on godmode to cheat in pvp no one cares that you use it

Is...it really that simple? I always thought easy shit like that got you banned instantly. Especially when people here CE a lot more stuff than just that.

You shouldn't have to purposely underlevel yourself just to have fun. Although I'd say SL80 was the best time for online play because there was a good balance of real invasions and dueling with a lot less ganking, and it was still a decent level.

You had to preorder the collectors edition, where you can get a ton of champions souls in the untended firelink to easily level your character

>not linking the previous thread

This is the catch 22 of DaS3 pvp.
Low level pvp is absolute shit because of the way defenses work. Even twinking with a resined DSA still feels like ti takes too long to kill someone, especially when you encounter a host that knows what they're doing and leveled vigor.
But then meta level pvp is cancer because it's just endless quality build duels with top-tier weapons and meme builds. Every invasion is just some group of pvpers in NG+3 looking for some easy ganks or dicking around with friends and most of the time you're walking into 3 buffed carthus swords and a seed.

There's a good middle ground somewhere in there, but then you have to deal with not having enough levels to make so much of the game's content usable. In the end, while pvp in that sweetspot is fun, it gets stale quick because there's not much variety usable at lower levels in statbloat souls 3

Nigga you got it backwards, 120 is overleveled as fuck for PVE. Even if you kill every boss with all the soul+ possible you finish NG at ~95.
Duel SLs have never had anything to do with invading SLs and you would have to be a big dumb idiot to expect otherwise.
Also 100 is the best meta, 80 autists and 120 shitters delete yourself.

>100 is the best meta
how so, what does 100 offers that 120 and 80 doesn't?

If you're going to type bullshit don't be two posts late next time.

Sl100 is just SL80 but with more ganks.

Not him but 100 allows you to duel with both 80s and 120s so it technically allows the highest player pool to fight with. It's an in-between of 80 and 120 with positives from both but also some of the negatives.

Not having to cuck yourself like 80 and not letting everyone softcap everything like 120.

For dueling, genius. The best invasion meta is just whatever gets you connections in the area you want to be in.

best pvp is canonically and factually at SL1-20 at High Wall.

Why? Because that's the pvp people actually liked in the network test. Nothing does good damage, nothing has good health.

Until a Dark Hand enters the ring, but that's another story

100 is the best meta.

Miyazaki also enshrined it, as the DLC has been confirmed to be playtested at SL100 as of the recent news.

CE only gets you banned if you fuck up and do something like convert items directly from your inv, level to lower than you are supposed to be or higher or outright hack
Name changes and ground item swapping while offline is fine

Meaning for people who aren't bumbling idiots like the playtesters and reviewers, SL40 or so will be about right.

My SL100 is in ng+, will the dlc be in ng+ as well? I'm probably fucked..

Duck Champion Gundyr
After two hours, i'm gonna cry

>Invading as red
>gank squad as usual
>Gank squads dont make me mad
>Red invades with me
>Comes in with dark sword swinging like crazy at host
>Kills me in his blind swinging
THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY. INCOMPETENT REDS

Itemswap is typically very safe because no cheat detection system could effectively distinguish between something swapped via CE or simply dropped by another player for you in a perfectly legitimate and ToS-abiding trade.

There was a lot of spook because release DaS3 cheat detection did detect itemswapping but, as expected, also triggered mountains of false-positives from players dropping shit for one another and that aspect of the cheat detection system was removed in one of the early patches.

Currently, it's completely safe to itemswap so long as you follow the common sense rules:
Don't do it while online
Don't swap in an item that has a flag related to game progression (no keys)
Don't swap in an impossible item (no infused boss weapons or +5 armour, and make sure the durability isn't accidentally set to 0 or something)
Don't swap something into a stack of items that's bigger than the game could normally allow

Itemswap is incredibly valuable for making characters as you can swap in the rings you want, the armour you'll wear, the weapons you plan to use and enough consumable soul items to reach your target level all right away. Just as long as you only groundswap tradeable items and don't edit your character or inventory directly, you're safe,

1. Acquire parry shield
2. Dumpster the Champ

I've changed my name and ground swapped extensively while online. Did I fuck up?

Are you the guy that was begging for help on Oceiros earlier? I didn't figure it'd take you two hours before you came here begging for help again

Well, that'd certainly make creating themed characters a lot less tedious. I wanted to create a Pyromancer character based on Chandra but didn't want to go through the grind again.

Parry him my man, he's really easy to parry if you time it right and do it on his slower moves

It only takes 2-4 hours legit anyways.

Did From fix Blue Sentinels/Darkmoons yet? Because I played through the entire game from launch without being summoned ONCE, and I was embered the whole game.

Just remember to always create a save backup before using CE and use CE while offline.

If you fuck something up by mistake and get the invalid data warning, you can make it go away by reloading a save from before you did whatever it detects as invalid data

No

>that aspect of the cheat detection system was removed in one of the early patches.
Remember when malcolm reynolds banned a ton of people with soul increasing scripts

Kinda.
They mitigated the issue so the covenant at least works now and will occasionally summon people. It's still not fixed though, so summons are rare and sporadic and tend to take way longer than they should. It's still in a state where unlocking DMB via blue summons is still not tenable

it was always working on consoles, just because because its broken for PCucks doesnt mean its broken for everyone
your fault for being a retard that buys/pirates Souls games for PC

No, because that didn't happen

I don't understand how this covenant works. Every time I invade a Darkmoon gets summoned but whenever I try I never get summoned.

>It only takes 2-4 hours legit anyways.

Maybe I'm just not good enough, but I can't see getting from Firelink to Anor Londo in that time unless you skip almost everything and know exactly where everything you want is.

Parrying him is easy, during enraged mode is kind of bullshit with kicks.
I think i got kicked into the damn ledge more than a dozen of times now.

Nope

Yeah, at least 1000 people complaining on reddit, although I can say that at least 400 were just using CE and doing stupid shit.

I have a SL35 Darkmoon with +4 max upgrade and I'm at 23 ears currently.

Forest invasions are way more reliable for bluesummons than aldritch imo. More competition for slots up there, less people likely to be using way of blue.

>from Firelink to Anor Londo in that time
Try Firelink to the credits screen with every boss inbetween. It ain't that hard.

But that's backwards. On PS4 Darkmoon Blade is impossible because the fucking load times get the host killed or the invader killed before you even show up.

PC load times means you can get there hopefully on time.

>has clearly done it at least 3 times before

No shit it's not hard at that point.

I assume there's a folder that holds all your DS3 saves, unless there's a way to manually save.

>load times
you mean the load times that are like 15 seconds at most? you do know PC is the one with literally 40 minute loading times and constanr crashes right? do i need to post the image?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I just tested it and I have 7-second loading screens on PC.

No console wars or you go in the dick torture cage again /dsg/

He never actually banned anyone.
A hacker increasing your soul count doesn't trigger invalid data. Reynolds, and reddit just assumed it would because they mistakenly assumed the detection system would be triggered by ANY illegitimate change to your character. They were wrong, but of course misinformation breeds in reddit like disease in a rat.

The hotfix addressed some actual issues with false-positives and closed the loophole that allowed hackers to do several unpleasant thing, like inflicting a permanent dragon body effect that prevents you from wearing armour and doesn't go away on death, or forcibly terminating a client's multiplayer session without a connection message or changing a player's return point after disconnecting from a multiplayer session (eg. warping them to firelink).

The last one was especially important because it was only a matter of time before someone found an infinite drop outside of the deathbox that they could warp players to in order to permanently ruin their save file.

If I was actually any good I could hit 120 in at least 2:30. No shit you won't get a great time on your first go but by the second or third try it's not a big deal.

>40 minute loading times
>constant crashes

I forget how stupid people can be and how they just blindly eat up any information they're told. I've played through the entire game several times, not a single crash and not a single loading screen that took over 5 seconds. Maybe you shouldn't try playing it on a potato laptop made in 2005.

SL99 or 100?

>you mean the load times that are like 15 seconds at most?

>inb4 edited webm

>*whiny voice* "i've play 500 billiob gajillion zillions hours and i have never ever crashed or seen a cheater in all those hours except on launch when the bonfire glitch crashed my game 200+ times and several times in the last 3 months and when i faced cheaters that one time several times, BUT YEAH ITS ALL WRONG"
shut the fuck up kid, cant disprove evidence and facts

100 is a bad sl. It leaves you in range to invade or summon or be summnoned into all of the same bad shit that 120s deal with while being 20 levels disadvantaged from them. It's also too high for NG invasions anywhere.

You have all the same problems as 120 with 20 levels fewer.

I play on PS4 and the amount of times I've been cucked out of my concord because I arrived when the host was dead or the invader was dead I'd need like 5 hands to count.

The load times take forever, but it's not just that.

The very act of invading/summoning on PS4 is slow as fuck. When the message prompt appears that tells you you're being summoned, it flashes once, and then waits like 5 seconds, and then flashes again to confirm for like another fucking 10 seconds before you finally even see the beginning of the load screen. Meanwhile host is potentially already dead at this point.

PC I got Darkmoon entirely from invasion concords. PS4 I had to farm silver knights.

Holy fuck reading that interview without knowing anything about the DLC infuriated the shit out of me.

There's only going to be two bosses? What the actual fuck? And neither one of them seem lore important whatsoever. There's "le crow lady with a kiln" and "giant farron wolf" and that's supposed to be that? What about all the Irithyll lore potential? Painted World lore potential? What happened to Priscilla or Gwynevere or Aldia or what the actual fuck

That is awful. And then Miyazaki's like "hohoho don't you worry there's gonna be lots of dlc content, 4 spells and 4 armour sets hohoho" like that fucking means anything at all, holy shit

Souls games ARE the boss fights and we have so many characters missing from the story, Miyazaki doesn't have time to be playing this stupid runaround game when we only have two DLCs for the entire goddamn finale of dark souls and he spent one of them on two memebosses

Please tell me, those of you who've actually braved the trailer, does it actually look any good? I am getting nice and ready to fucking off myself.

>implying the way the game was on release is still how it is now
>*whiny voice*

Have we reached a whole new level of shitposting?

but you got an entire area of nothing to explore, don't you love snow? Get comfy with us!

Puts you out of range of any 120's, just one SL less than 100.

It's where I stop on all my builds. I have great success fighting mostly only 80-100's instead of any people heading to 120.