Is it true that the most hostile places like Deserts,Tundras...

Is it true that the most hostile places like Deserts,Tundras,Mountains and Steppes breed the hardest and most martial people?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/127594350/Adrian-Goldsworthy-the-Complete-Roman-Army
todiscoverrussia.com/war-between-chukchi-and-russians/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tundra people aren't warlike at all. Mountain people aren't especially warlike either.

Well replace Tundra with boreal then and tell me the vikings werent warlike

>Mountain people arent warlike
>what are pashtuns,chechens and balkanites

>Mountain people aren't especially warlike either.
Yes they are rofl.

Most of boreal Scandinavia was Sami

Mountain people are tough motherfuckers.
The swizz rented out mercenaries in the middleage because they were so goddamn good.
Tibetans were backwards but warred a lot.
Alexander the great had mountainpeople aiding him in conquering the greek citystates with their ritualised warfare.

We can be glad that mountainpeople rarely leave their mountains.

>hardest people
>in fucking Arizona

Yeah if cunting that the AC wasn't working for five seconds and snitching to the HOA because your neighbor didn't mow his lawn is your idea of being tough.

Do you mean those guy who came from Atlantic places?

Nigga greece is 80% mountainous, not counting the land that was held in ancient times.

>some people who live in mountains have been in wars

Well case closed then!

>mountain people
Pashtuns
Albanians
Gurkhas
Georgiams
Chechens
Montenegrins
Swiss (before 19th century)

Mountain people are the most warlike of them all

wut?

I dunno desert and steppe people are also very martial. They had to constantly fight over oasis and shit to survive. Also the necessary plundering of more civilised people.

As a general rule, no.

Why?

I guess Eskimos must be the mightiest warriors of all right guyz?

Because there doesn't seem to be much correlation.

Steppe people used to be. But not anymore.

inuit are pretty chill

>hard
If you mean that they're tough and capable of dealing with extreme weather/ shortages of resources, then I'd say it's fairly accurate.

>most martial
I don't think there's much of a connection. A guy who is used to dealing with shitty situations his whole life might respond better to harsh military training than others though.

If anything it's the opposite. Tropical paradises seem to be filled with warrior cultures.

People need ressources like food and water to survive. When these ressources are scarce and they are held in the hands of a single tribe (like with oasis) or need to be taken from agricultural civilizations you need to wage war to survive. And that constantly because other people from your kin need to do that too.

Additionally in Deserts and Tundras you are fighting all the time against the elements as they are the one of the most hostiles places on Earth.

Tundras taigas and steppes, mongolian empire so yes.

''Soft regions give birth to soft men''

These guys have no other people to compete with

What is the softest region?

Africa?

Denmark

Not East Asia and Central and southern europe?

I would like to agree with you, but then again, Roman Empire.

Central Europe like fucking Germany?

Mediterranean places are moutainous. So not soft.

Central Europe is a hard place to live? How about you try Scandinavia and the arabian desert.

not really

the most martial people are those in control of the most valuable land, when a martial people arise in the steppes it is not long before they move to the more pleasant farmland to the south and oust the previous rulers, it is rarely the other way around

Do you mean the Scandinavia which is warmed by the Gulf Stream?

Steppe people were practically riding horses and shooting bows since childhood. They were brought up to hunt and wage war. Most civilized people were weak farmers

>Scandinavia
>harsh

I wish this meme fucking stopped already. Besides maybe some regions beyond the polar circle where nobody lives, Scandinavia is not harsh at all. Denmark is more or less identical to the Netherlands.

Now Russia, Canada and Alaska, those are harsh places.

Are you saying Scandinavia isnt colder and more barren than central europe?

Russia is way harsher.

Norway is. Denmark and Sweden not really.

So why did nordics decide to settle for britain then and unleash the anglojew menace upon the world?

You mom is as fat as a mountain but she breeds faggots lol

And why did Brits settle in Canada? Guess Edmonton is now less harsh than Brighton?

wew lad that actually got me

No. Those places favour nomads, who are harder to stomp than sedentary civilizations, but it doesn't make them harder at all. In fact, all those "hard" nomad cultures that were successful heavily relied on sedentary people, like the mongols needing turkic blacksmiths.

What are the most hardcore people then?

Hardcore what, survivalists? The people living in the harshest environments.
Most martial culture? The people managing to field the best disciplined, organized and equipped army of their time period.
Martial applies to warfare. War is about achieving objectives through force, everything else is romance.

British desire to destroy cultures and oppress innocent people.

Frogs settled in Canada too.

>civilized people were weak farmers
not the people they farmed for

Weak and farmer are more or less opposites dude.

Did they train for warfare all their life long?

To save the people from the bongs

There were no people in Canada before colonization, user.

Many farmer cultures like Rome expected all their citizens to be capable warriors, and it's not like being ahorse all day long is magically gonna make you a great warrior. It just makes you a great rider. Most nomads were just hunters and sheperds, it's not like they were all soldiers. Societies don't work that way.

>anglojew disrespecting the red man again

uncultured belletristic swine

No they didnt rome didnt have millitias or some shit like that they had a state army

>Be Mountain Kingdom.
>Become comfy instead.
Bhutan did beat invading Tibetans during the Battle of the Five Lamas though. But their independence was largely secured by China ending Tibet's independence.

Take a BIG guess what the word "Legio" originally meant.

Padania

They were both solid at fighting it different ways

>you will never eat narwhal fat in an igloo

You know Rome existed for centuries before Marius right?

Found the buttmad terrone.

I'm not an Anglo, user.

you arent proving anything here bud

What are you then?

He doesn't really need to prove anything. It's pretty basic knowledge that the republican army from the beginning until Marius was levied ad hoc among the landholding citizenry, which was expected to be trained and equipped independently from the state (aside from horses).

>no sources
>its le basic knowledge meme

Prove it or admit that you are just pulling it out of your ass

Also Riffians.
Those fuckers wrecked Spaniards with shit tier weaponry.

>no sources
Read fucking Polybius.
Or a high school level history textbook, even.

We have the goddamn internet at our fingertips the greatest human library in history. Post some fucking links

Here fagboy, page 26: scribd.com/doc/127594350/Adrian-Goldsworthy-the-Complete-Roman-Army
I'm having trouble finding Polybius online, but Goldsworthy should be more than enough for you anyway.

Yes but Frogs interbred and often even adopted native lifestyle. I forgot which but a French king was complaining that a lot of the Frenchmen that went to Canada took natives wives and started living like natives do instead of settling.

Semi related: are there any significant historical examples of someone really soft being thoroughly hardened by their environment or change of circumstances in general? Asking for a friend.

Vikings weren't warlike

No they were hypercivilized übermenschen with massive cities and great cultural output all right i got it.

I mean come on its simple fact that vikings were plundering savages most of the time

lmao no

>leopard men

But tundra people have never been warlike. Look at Sami, I don't think there is a single mention of them going to war ever.

>New Zealand
>Hawaii
>Fiji
>Solomon Islands

Oh, of course not.

They were the craddle of civilization. Thats what /pol/ taught me.

Germ + Slav my man

chuckchi used to be very warlike:
todiscoverrussia.com/war-between-chukchi-and-russians/

now they are butt of the ethnic jokes

>koreans
Lel fucking hippies

Gurkhas are some of the most hardcore people on the planet, they evolved to survive in conditions other races keel over and die in.

Yes really. Scandinavian countries have always had some of the lowest population densities in Europe.

In 1600 the Holy Roman Empire had 20 times the population of Scandinavia despite being half as big.

Gurkhas are highlanders, they don't live in a tundra.

That only means their sperm count was shit.

raiding is not the same a war

Yeah its even worse wtf

What happens in Bhutan?

>supplies several examples to your zero

Well if that's all you got, then I suppose it is closed