Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Last Thread: Latest Patch Notes: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=640
Latest Performance Improvement Tests: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=644
Rank 8 Update Preview: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=610
Updates You Might Have Missed: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=624

>Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam)! Rank 8 Late September™

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd (embed)

This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>Frequently Asked Questions:
pastebin.com/z0nHSEjH (embed)
>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-boss-cards-and-effects/321599

>Servers
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Orsha (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>/tosg/ Guilds info:
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a Templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
Database (Cattly)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
cute (Merigolds)
Ohayou (Beethoven)
FOE (Mimi)
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3361605
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=653
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You quit the game yet son?

I'm honestly about to.
There's no reason for me to play anymore, even my crush quit.

I don't wanna mom. I love my goddess waifu.

Fencers are whores

Moooooooom

Planning to make one. Does it go well with a shield?

What build lets me larp as kirito?

Database is recruiting new friends! We a friendly, helpful guild looking only for /tosg/ friends.

In time we plan to do GBL and potentially GVG, however no one will be forced to participate. My primary goals are to make sure everyone has everything they need and to assist anyone in any way I can!

If you are interested, please whisper Cattly!

I don't think that's what Ohayous are used for...

yes

Your primary focus is to ladder cheat and give Ohayou and CuteNotLewd free wins.

Probably an old question but what level do cards max at and can I stack multiples of the same level?

Need clarifications on AoE Attack Ratio.

Is it really worthless for classes other than swordsman?

Let's say an Archer with multishot, if I'm correct having 0 or 1 AoE attack ratio is the same. Having 2 AoE attack ratio means you will constantly hit 2 small mobs or 1 medium mob which is the same as 0 or 1 AoE attack ratio for medium mobs.

Which means it really is worthless outside of a swordsman.

ten levels and yes

Have you been buying TP so I can afford more sportcars?

Thanks, I have so many glass mole cards and they'd be great on my doppel.

well Archers you can try and stack it pretty hard (Vubbe fighter gloves, mana mana, Glad bands, Light plate, hats) etc and you'll get a decent amount.

Of course you can also just go Falconer and get Circling which gives you infinite AOE ratio.

The Five Hammer is a great weapon for AA clerics for a good part of the game because you can whack like 10 things at a time with it.

But its mostly a Swordsman stat I guess

They have multiple use

>scout outfit lewds
source

>buying TP
If they wanted anyone to do that, they wouldn't treat it like Toilet Paper every GBL reset.

Too lewd

I'll definitely make an attempt to fight back when we have enough appropriately leveled members.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3361605

Better to use a dagger and pump evasion because of their Aggression attribute.

What do you even need pelt for if you have aggro quests, aside from it being convenience for your party while cucking yourself 1 circle

Question anons especially to madarabros

Would you trade permanent 150% damage (which scales forever) to permanent 0 physical def def?

is it a reasonable trade?

Okay so...
>Swordsman 3 > ? > Fencer

What should I put in between then?

>Swordman3
Are you planning to PvP with it?
Sword1Pelt1Barb3Fencer best PvE fencer

pvp atleast take Rodel 1 for Spin and Charge

Depend on what else you get. For instance, Highlander1 is fucking useless if you go Barbarian3Doppel, save for Crossguard.
Swash is legit for mobbing alone, as well, and it makes not wasting precious Cyclone seconds possible.

It's really matter of what sounds better in paper (taking Highlaner1 for more DEEPS from the crit attack attribute, which is shit, and Cartar), against how the classes play in practice and how Peltasta can in some cases help with that.

Whoa, whoa, I was saying you should use a dagger instead of a shield, not to drop Pelt entirely. You can swashbuckle using a dagger on your offhand, I thought that was where your question was directed.
is the standard as far as Fencer is concerned.

Why is Kirito whispering me

What did I do to deserve this

What is he saying? Post it faget.

Aggro quests are shit
Peltasta1 is the best choice for most swordman builds in circle2 anyways
Swashbuckling , it's attributes and Guardina are better than all the aggro quests memes

Can I use Guardian with a dagger too?

yes

What's with this guy?

he introduces himself like that every time, never seen him go full tism though

Sure can. You keep it at level 1, though, since it currently doesn't scale so well and eats up all of your damage in the process. This is different from kToS, where the attack reduction starts off very tiny, so there you can put one or two points into it.
What makes Guardian really good for Fencers is the 18% additional evasion attribute it has.

pelt 1 = swash = fast farming everywhere, also, parties
pelt 1 = guardian, fucking 18% evasion and extra def

hl 1 = meme stroke which is good but please, fencer mains pierce, you don't give a shit for plate because you ignore their armor with coquille

memeguard is a joke, if you want to swapmemes go spear lunge
crown with low str is also shit
wagon wheel is decent but still not worth
>hl 2, 3
used to be good slash coverage for pierce (cloth armor fucks pierce) when barb was shit but now barb is the choice to go: aoe stuns, overpowered warcry = +up to 660 attack to abuse with epee garde, 50% uptime

>muh hl 3 armor break

attaque coquille, please. skull swing IS the cucks choice

you can even fit barb 2 corsair 1 if you wants more utility

where in that post did you think that he was talking about fencers?

He was nice when I ran into him in my mission. I'd take a someone like him every once in a while to break the monotony.

I don't hate him or anything. It just got really fucking weird when he was like... begging for people to address him.

Crazy kids. I see them all the time. Just ignore.
Or befriend them? Corporal acts of mercy user.

Question for Necros, or anyone that who knows.

1. Is Flesh Cannon a true or fake multhit?
2. Is Flesh Hoop worth or should I just save for C3?

>Get Vubbe Fighter Blood
>Sell on Market
>Buy Vubbe Fighter Gauntlet

The ingredients are more expensive than the end product.

Lel

>buying used goods
Disgusting.

Is it true about a stat reset at lvl 86?

exp reset user. like like level 46

When is IMC giving overheat and a slash debuff to Moulinet? Also, that stagger debuff on Crossguard as pierce is fucking stupid, replace it with something else that has more synergy with the class. Might as well remove Wagon Wheel as well, just a badBash that does nothing.

How about a little boost like Barbarians got? They'll still be good after a Highlander overhaul.

LeCreme is literally Orshan Cattly

potential, user

but vubbes case is okay if you're high dex, you only need one slot for the red gem

very high str toon may need a +9 one with a fat green gem

>a slash debuff
What's your reasoning? The delay on that skill fucking sucks too much for that anyway, if anything they should reduce its cooldown some.
On the other hand, Vertical5 is way the fuck better than Seism10 in terms of anything but cooldown now.
The class isn't bad, I just wish they fucking fixed Crosscut's inflict chance like they did with HC and Seism, and maybe increase uptime on Skull Swing's armor break in some way (decreased cooldown would be preferable over extended duration).

Moulinet is decent the way it is, 5 hits and has a good critical rate attribute for high str Hls, crossguard is fine as it is too, the pierce debuff is almost 100%, would be broken as fuck if it was easy to set and worked for slash. pierce-stagger is just a meme bonus, the real skill is: block decent with a two handed sword and root your target for a few seconds, and the skill do this finely.
stagger can be used used for thrust (kek) hoplite, fencer, dragoon and shinobi, crossguard + clones + 2x kunai is monstrous. hl is a stand-alone class, not a path for doppel only.

but yeah, they should make moulinet faster, the first 4 hits are fast, but the last one has a huge delay after it, make it as fast as skyliner and gives us a overheat and we're set.

Tomorrow for sure!

tomorrow what? r8?

tomorrow someone will join Database

Thresh spear!

>look at bookmark bar
>see link I don't recognize
>click it
>it opens up THIS

WHAT THE HECK???????

But three people joined today, user! That's pretty good for a dead game I think!

but user this is trash!

got it? hahahah tresh, trash! HAHAHAHA

But I need it!

The reasoning is this. Highlander is the R2 circle that introduces the 2HS stance meme but only one skill requires it and it gives a fucking pierce debuff. Compared to other swordsman classes it makes no sense, I'm not experienced with the strike circles in swordsman but the pierce circles are COHESIVE, this is the key here, Highlander is a cluster fuck.

Hoplite introduces Finestra and adds Spear Thrust as well and prepares the class for a Spear focus in future ranks. R8 even brings damage bonuses for using spears vs medium mobs.

Rodelero introduces debuffs and strike damage increase. Almost all of it's skills are Strike type and the class has two ways to boost Strike damage and continues its Sword and Shield stance through all it's ranks.

Barbarian is the class Highlander is supposed to be except most skills require no stance and most of it's buffs and debuffs are made to directly increase the type of damage it does, Cleave and Barb having no stance makes it filler for almost any class combination.
This brings us back to Highlander, the cuck class. This class introduces 2HS stance and leaves it behind for no reason. IMC then turns it into debuffs meme class, except CG stagger and Crown don't make you do more damage and Crosscut can be resisted. They then try to fix this by doing the Vertical Slash buff but it's not enough to make all 3 circles worth it.
Why? All the other classes makes entry to higher ranks much easier and help boost the damage of those classes. Hoplite > Dragoon, Barb > Fencer, Pelt + Rode > Murmillo. Highlander could have been the leading class into Doppel, but all the synergy the come up with was the fucking Crown + Zucken meme.
Give me a fucking break.

I know double pay says I have to defeat it but I just wanna make sure. Let's say I cast double pay while me and a party are fighting a boss. If someone kills it instead of me does it activate?

Highlander gives you crit atk buff, that's the only reason why you should get HL.

it still activates if someone else kills it, basically all it means is "as long as the buff is still active and something dies"

I'm not that guy, but what you're saying is that an attribute which is fucking useles and literally amounts to nothing is the reason you should pick Highlander.
The only thing worse than that attribute in the whole tree is Wagon Wheel.

New Highlander change

Crossguard
>Staggered enemies have 100% reduced physical attack for 3 seconds
>Stagger consumes alot of durability to attackers

Cross cut
>now a c1 skill replacing Wagon Wheel

Cartar Stroke
>now deals slash damage(?)
>Number of hits= Skill Level x 1
>lowered base damage

or

Cartar Stroke
>0 base damage
>deals 100%xskill level of your physical attack
>hits once

All skills requires 2h sword
All 2h swords buffed to have +1 sockets

Well it's not really useless, without gear and full STR you get 1.4k crit attack at 280. You can push that to 3k crit attack very easily.

>Cartar Stroke
>0 base damage
>deals 100%xskill level of your physical attack
>hits once
>Scaling
>On this game

Nah

Critical attack only scales off of STR, so you'd need about 1000 STR from gear to make what you say feasible.

Just got my first Vubbe Fighter Blood. I checked the Journal and it says Count:7/13.

I don't understand what it means. I killed 7 or 13?

Highlander doubles your crit attack so if you had 700 STR your crit attack would become 1,4k

that means you killed seven of thirteen of that mob to finish the kill count quest for that mob

you killed 7 of them and if you kill 13 you get an exp card

>doubles
It's +50%, not +100%

only 1050 dumbass

cucklanders cant into maths

Kill Count is amount of monstar of that type killed/amount needed to get the kill count exp card from the Wings of Vibora NPC in town, so you've killed 7 of the 13 you need.

I forgot crit rate equipment is much more commonplace than STR-giving equipment (which doesn't get the scaling-per-rank bonus your natural STR stat gets), so I guess you'd need over 1000 crit attack from gear to get to 3000 instead.
Still, that sure doesn't sound doable.

R8 patchu tomorrow right?

So they changed it? It was 100% I haven't played the class since cbt1

rip

>Fixing performance issues once and for all. This means >= 30 fps no matter what you're doing in the game and no more microstutters/freezes. I'm fairly confident that the latest fixes they posted about that they're testing won't do anything noticeable. Hope I'm wrong.

>Actually caring about exploits and fixing them. I've had enough of everything being clientside and there being new exploits left and right. It's absurd the amount of things you can do without proper server checks. There's cold, hard proof of people using exploits nonstop and imc doesn't care. Sometimes they'll randomly pick one to ban, but then they've met their quota for the month and disappear for a while.

>Treating us like they treat ktos. Hotfixes for critical issues within 48 hours. They advertised and released a big feature, boss cards, and it was completely broken for most players for around a month before they fixed it. No other company would do that.

>Proper compensation. Klaipedia, and probably other servers as well, couldn't even enter dungeons due to the capacity issue for weeks. imc completely ignored us and gave no compensation. Meanwhile, look at the compensation ktos gets the next day. 1 2

>GMs that actually do something. Not ones that login at 3 am and shout asking if anyone needs help and then don't actually do anything. Daily scanning of popular bot maps such as tenet church. You can tell if a player is a bot just by looking at its movement for 3 seconds. It's not hard.

>Remove the needless restrictions put in as an attempt to counter RMT.

>Do something about AFK farming. With a few exceptions (BDO fishing, maybe), making a game that promotes AFK farming is terrible game design.

Ok thanks. I was thinking I 'saw' 13 and killed 7.

>even Excuck is leaving
We should all follow to be honest.

I forget. Does Rose questline give statpoints at the end?

hes basically fixing ToS for free while IMC keeps breaking every add-on he does, I'm surprised hes still around so long

>github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager
he's the best employee imc has and they should post his issues list everywhere in their office

It was 50% even when Aggressor and Savagery were still in the game (iCBT1 and before).

Why are there no bots here?

speaking of addons, can i get a link to ability queue? "turbo?"

>12 kills
>2 blood
Fuck you.

>For instance, Highlander1 is fucking useless if you go Barbarian3Doppel
I see you never played a barb doppel before, thanks

> +50% crit attack
> "useless"
gooby, pls.

>Cartar Stroke
>>now deals slash damage(?)
>>Number of hits= Skill Level x 1
>>lowered base damage
>or
>Cartar Stroke
base damage
>>deals 100%xskill level of your physical attack
>>hits once

Both are terrible balance-wise. If you want to fix Highlander, decrease moulinet's cd to 20-25s and give it one overheat maybe

Almost every highlander skill needs one more overheat and 5-10 seconds less cooldown for the class to be considered worth taking up to circle 3.

Problem with some of their skills is that they'd be too good with Doppel if they are buffed too much. I'd decrease CC's cd to 20, Moulinet with decreased cd/overheat but not both, either decrease Skill Swing's cd to 30 or give it an overheat

ITS TIME!!!

R A N K 8
A
N
K

Not today ofc, what did you expect

If you're not grabbing Peltasta, Highlander1Barbarian3 is much, much worse than the alternative (nabbing a circle in Barbarian for Cleave).

It pales like a fucking cadaver compared to the alternative. You know how crit attack works, yeah?

Can any of you actually give any proper reasoning behind what you say? I need to go to sleep soon, and how this usually goes is the people memeing about the 2H crit attribute not being shit end up wasting everyone's time without justifying their choice.
Cross Guard and Cartar are nice (Cross Guard is great, even), but that's where it ends for Highlander 1: None of it has any synergy with Doppelsöldner.

I'd tend to agree, what's keeping the class right now is how fucky most cooldowns are; Crosscut's bleed uptime not even remotely matching Skyliner's availability, and Skull Swing's completely fucking you over for anything but boss battles because of how log the CD is.

The main problem of crosscut is you can only bleed certain types of mobs. Pretty stupid mechanic decision.