When is Japan going to step the fuck up and squash Tesla...

When is Japan going to step the fuck up and squash Tesla? Japan; the country that prides itself on being the forefront of technology has ''barely'' even dipped their toes into electric (or alternate fuel all together) vehicles. Don't get me wrong this isn't a combustion hate thread, I love my ICE car, I'm just putting a point out there.

Where are the electric Hondas? The hydrogen-celled Nissans? The diesels that run off of pure plant oils?

What the fuck Japan?!

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235224/Photos-reveal-squashed-Tokyo-subway-commuters-squeezed-trains.html
howibecametexan.com/2013/08/29/things-i-hate-about-japan-chikan-perverts/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteresis
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37009696/tesla-car-drives-owner-to-hospital-after-he-suffers-pulmonary-embolism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio_of_Blue_Steel
bakabt.me/torrent/178502/aoki-hagane-no-arpeggio-arpeggio-of-blue-steel-ars-nova-bd-1080p
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=arpeggio movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really?

>What is the leaf
Japan has never been the forefront of technology IN CARS. That's America.

First AC, first airbag, first auto tranny, first ABS breaks, etc. All America.

What Japan is good at is making a cheap reliable car. And that's what the Nissan Leaf is. The most affordable electric car on the market. Don't know about reliability yet.

The Nissan LEAF is still the dominant EV car. They should have released a 2.0 and an Infiniti EV by now. Though they haven't, and I'm suspecting it is because the LEAF is finally turning a decent profit. They do have an EV of the Nv200 van.

Honda sells an EV version of the Fit/Jazz. Though only in certain markets. They had that hydrogen fuelcell car but it bombed.

Toyota sells an EV RAV4 in certain markets. A plug in Prius hybrid. Plus a hydrogen fuel cell car in certain markets.

Mazda doesn't sell enough cars in the USA to bother with an EV offering.

Mitsubishi has a stretched Kei car turned into an EV called iMiEV.

Murrica
>First AC, first airbag, first auto tranny, first ABS breaks
First in making things for lazy fat people who are bad drivers

half of the USA is at the same latitude as north africa, and half of that is humid as fuck.

you drive through the American South with no AC.

Haha he called them "breaks". What a tard.

>honda

they're too obsessed with making ugly land yachts now to bother

>you drive through the American South with no AC.
Lol. No. No one smart would willingly live in that shit hole

i live in southamerica and i hate it.

Mitsu was working on stuff. They'll come late to the party and blow Tesla out of the water, then do nothing to update the Electro-Evo while everyone creeps up and eventually overtakes them.

huehuehue

br, gibe money please

arg here.

Argentina is white.

Preto macaco.

"If we put AC in our car. People are more likely to buy it!"
>puts AC in car
>sales improve
Thats not being lazy. That moving product you fucking moron

I think you've confused America with Germany.

>Argentina
>White

Go drive your bike with four doors europoor.

HAHAHAHA no.
It wasn't until post gas crunch American cars fell behind. And the reason is pretty simple, Americans had more money to spend and gas was cheap and i want my damn land barge and i want my V8.

Also american dealerships weren't like now with packages and shit, you basically saw the shell of a car, and where handed a checklist and you checked off what you wanted.
>V8 yes
>Drums no calipers
>Oh grandma will like the three on the tree

And this also made people want to buy a new car rather than used, because it was personalized down to the mechanical components. It wasn't like 'performance package' that came with the V8 and four barrel, it was just your choice of do you want a v6, v8 2 barrel or 4 barrel and any combination.

>Japan; the country that prides itself on being the forefront of technology

Lol, it's not the 80s anymore, Japan lost its dominance in consumer electronics a long time ago.

Japanese companies will always have a "Japan-first" approach to business no matter how much of their money comes from overseas.

Electric vehicles are redundant in a country the size of Montana with a very well-developed mass transit system and no niggers or spics to make it undesirable to use, as well as a pre-existing very economical kei car classification for people who want a cheap grocery getter.

Electric cars being almost silent at low speeds would create a pedestrian safety problem there as well, since many neighborhood streets don't separate pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

The Japs also haven't been brainwashed into believing electric cars will reverse global warming, and regard them as a solution in search of a problem. Not too big on giving tons of money to China for batteries either, I'd wager.

>ABS breaks
>breaks

American education at work.

>When is Japan going to step the fuck up and squash Tesla?

The chinese company BYD sells more electric vehicles each year than Tesla does. It even has an electric bus factory north of Los Angeles that builds electric and electric hybrid buses for the USA market. BYD has a 10% investment stake by Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett) as their choice of chinese automobile builder for the usa.

>Japan lost its dominance
If not for the usa trade treaties and other support propping up japan, it's economy and society would go down fast relative to china.

pic anime source?

>very well-developed mass transit system and no niggers or spics to make it undesirable to use

Pic related

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235224/Photos-reveal-squashed-Tokyo-subway-commuters-squeezed-trains.html

howibecametexan.com/2013/08/29/things-i-hate-about-japan-chikan-perverts/

Such well designed.
Much safe.

>no niggers or spics to make it undesirable to use,
Can confirm. In 2014, our metro area had 43 mass (not individual) armed robberies of mass transit buses while the bus was driving on the road in operation. All 43 were by blacks and the majority by multiple armed blacks. The passengers would be robbed and the blacks would get off at the next bus stop.

I often work late so by the time I get off the park-and-ride lot where I parked my car. it is a dangerous place. Blacks commute to my suburb city during the day to rob or burgle it. They then commute back home to the slums using the bus system in the evening. If they haven't made a "score" that day, they become desperate and often rob people right at the park and ride before they go back home. As a result, I had to stop using the park and ride and thus the bus system. There's no cure for that problem because law enforcement officers cannot be everywhere all the time due to great expense.

>conceal carry

>Everyone has to carry a gun because our cities are happy hunting grounds for savage apes

That's not a solution and you know it.

Hope you never have to use your CC, because you'll get hit with 6 figure legal fees awful fast. You know Tyrone's family isn't paying, they get it for free.

Also not a solution for under 21s.

What metro area?

>Wahh someone who isn't Chad touched my butt

vs

>43 mass (not individual) armed robberies of mass transit buses while the bus was driving on the road in operation

In a single year. Didn't make national news, because this is to be expected in America..

>>Everyone has to carry a gun because our cities are happy hunting grounds for savage apes
>That's not a solution and you know it.
That's literally the fucking solution.

You live in a place where niggers with guns have more power than a whitey without guns? Get a gun and have a balance of power. Dont go all liberal on me. Its as easy as that. You fear getting mugged? Get something that makes jamal shit his pants and run. You beat the everluck shit outta him and somehow you survived because juan, his friend, who has a gun, was not with him, and he will cap you next time.

Those all were pioneered on Mercedes C Class.

So mad because you get cucked by buying in to the myth of white superiority.

>sauna trains

Now this is what I call efficiency,

I do CC, but as I said, not a solution for people under 21. And frankly, you shouldn't *have* to carry a gun around like you're surrounded by wild animals just to have a minimum of safety in the cities of the richest country in history.

The cops may not have enough resources for every jamal, but you can damn sure bet they have resources for a white man who didn't use his CC in the prescribed manner and make a police report immediately. Then you're a felon.

This is assuming you don't get sued by the nigg's family. Look at Zimmerman, MILLIONS of dollars of legal debt, had to leave his community behind and live in virtual hiding for defending against a wild dindu.

Feel free to move to one of your superior African/South American shitholes.

Oh wait, you need the evil white man to leech off of because your inferior melanoid brain is incapable of civilization.

Afaik more concealed carry folks get shot trying to prevent a crime than actually preventing a crime. This is why carrying a gun is not an actual solution.

Haha. So mad because you bought in to the white superiority lie. A perpetual victim.

>you shouldn't *have* to carry a gun around like you're surrounded by wild animals just to have a minimum of safety in the cities of the richest country in history.
You shouldn't fear for your life in any country. Shit happens. That doesn't mean that you cant carry just because you shouldn't and the government cant do what it should do right. You are under 21? carry a knife or learn how to use small blunt weapons.

>but you can damn sure bet they have resources for a white man who didn't use his CC in the prescribed manner and make a police report immediately. Then you're a felon.

I pity you if you live in NY/LA/Detroit. But unless you live in a shit hole that doesn't seem to be the norm.

>Look at Zimmerman, MILLIONS of dollars of legal debt, had to leave his community behind and live in virtual hiding for defending against a wild dindu.

He is still a free man.

>Afaik more concealed carry folks get shot trying to prevent a crime than actually preventing a crime. This is why carrying a gun is not an actual solution.

I know that sometimes i can hear stuff on /k/ that i might use as an argument, even without proof, but in this case, i wouldn't believe it without proof.

perpetual victim is hilarious coming from a nigger lover

Um cause Tesla loses money on every car, and is a subsidy whore. Also they have no tek just 7000+ laptop batteries in each car, why is no one else doing this... cause it's retarded

>In a single year. Didn't make national news, because this is to be expected in America..

Most of them also did not make even the newspaper. The city government, businesses, and news media (tv and newspapers) are afraid of "White Flight" and so they all agreed to not over-publicize news that causes it. Prosperity is more important than white flight. There have been murders that received zero mention in the newspaper or tv news. I only heard because our block watch sometimes brings back news of what they see when reviewing police reports at the station. She (lol, ironically a real soccer mom) writes notes down so that the rest of us know what is actually going on crimewise in the city.

>You live in a place where niggers with guns have more power than a whitey without guns?
Whitey has more power. But BLM found a way to attack that. They don't go for convincing public sentiment. They target politician's careers or careers of individuals that are effective at speaking out against BLM. That has been a powerful and effective tactic. Public events are what they use for recruiting more people and dupes to their cause.

Much of the power of BLM comes from clever MIS-use (inadvertent consequence) of the anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-discrimination laws. It's easier and safer for public officials to give BLM what it wants than to sacrifice their political careers to a blot. And outspoken individuals quiet down if their job security is at stake.

Nigger what? You realize Japan now has more EV charging stations than gas stations?

>BLM

You are thinking in a way a little bit too macro and politician influenced.

Dont take it in that way. Just buy a gun, keep it until some upstanding sportswear shoe fanatic tries to do something to you and try to live in a not shitty town.

>You are thinking in a way a little bit too macro and politician influenced.
You mean almost all the members of the homeowners' association at the meetings then. It's clear that a lot of the crime news is hidden from the general population and even some of the police reports seem to have buried info (sealed). What we do see in the news are usually the "messed up criminal" where they do something stupid.

>Just buy a gun, keep it until some upstanding sportswear shoe fanatic tries to do something to you and try to live in a not shitty town.
It's what we do. Most every household here has a gun. Not surprising as almost everyone here is conservative. Even the liberals have guns because of the fear of criminals doing home invasions. There were roughly 79 home invasions of which just a few were reported in the news.

Of course, zero burglaries, zero GTA, and zero invasions in our homeowner community. Like some other HOA communities in our suburb city, each is walled off. Each wholly owns its own roads and sidewalks as private property because without that, Burglars' Rights Matter activists will be able to enter and not be kicked out. It also gives each homeowner (not guests or visitors) the RIGHT (not a privilege) to question anyone on our private property and to evict them if they are not a guest or have a specific destination. This prevents tailgaters from following a car in and being un-evictable. If they don't live there and have a destination, then I formally request they leave. If they do not then I tell them they are officially trespassing on private property per city ordinance.

If they weren't too antagonistic, I tell them the police are coming. If they were hostile to me, I don't tell them I called the police. If they're still there, the police arrest them if they can't prove they were invited in.

It they're driving a Tesla, then it's cool. Drop by my place and let me check it out please.

What is that?

Toyota makes a hybrid for every model except the Tundra and Tacoma, and those are coming soon.
Hybrid sales fluctuate and have actually dropped this year so far of course, they may pick up.

Japan's trains are filled to 2.2x to 2.8x of rated capacity much of the time during rush periods. As seen in the screencap, Japanese staff will push more passengers into the cars so that the doors can close. People inside are packed tight like sardines.

The station staff have "traffic hysteresis" on their mind all the time and are sort of desperate to make sure hysteresis doesn't develop.

It's super tight. Note how the guy in the striped shirt wants to board the train, but it is too tight. He still tried to shove on board, but not even the station staff can shove one more person in.

New trains come every 2 minutes, so obviously the train has to leave very soon to give enough space for the other train to actually enter the station without collision. So the time they have is not 2 minutes but more like one minute 20 seconds before doors must be closed and the train leaves. Cannot stay because other trains are coming. They are all separated by just 2 minutes.

Obviously, no one on an incoming train wants to be even 30 seconds from collision with the train ahead of it. It's amazing how tight and precise the trains are scheduled. When I was in Tokyo, the Yamanote was always exactly on time for me. Otherwise the oncoming other train is ordered to slow down (adding severely to hysteresis) which is fail.

>hysteresis
You mean hysteria you insufferable weeb
Hysteresis refers to residual magnetism curves on different metals, not what some poor eye-slit has to avoid when handling some other poor eye-slitted people tryna get into a glorified tuna can

>You mean hysteria you insufferable weeb
Your eagerness to do ad hominem attacks made you post too quickly. Hysteresis also refers to dynamic time delay effects.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteresis

>First ABS breaks

Uhhhh, Americans have always been meh. Before the oil crisis was a long time ago, and its no surprise that America was able to be ahead of two countries that had just been devastated.

How fucking deluded can GM fanboys be? Japan and Germany are better at making cars, deal with it.

Tesla makes 20% profit on each car sold. They don't turn a profit because they are plowing it all back in, for expansion.

Excluding R&D expenditures, Tesla stomached a $6,738 GAAP loss per car but turned a $12,827 non-GAAP profit per vehicle.

Tesla's gross profit per vehicle was $16,660 in GAAP terms and $22,634 by its internal non-GAAP accounting.

Holistically, Tesla's GAAP net loss per vehicle was $19,059, while its non-GAAP net loss was $5,081.

Tesla managed to lose money on every car it sold. If you lose money on each product you sell, you are not running a business. R&D costs are one thing, but my goal as a businessman is to turn a profit on my products as soon as possible to finance further development. In my mind, absent some well-planned market penetration scheme, it is far better not to sell anything than to sell at below the cost of production.

>Being a deluded Eurofag
>MUH JAPANESE AND EUROBOXES

Pick a tech on a car, and find the first car with it. Chances are it was an american. Not necessarily the inventor of the tech, but the first to use it in mass.

Like air bags, invented by Germans but first put on Oldsmobiles. Or air suspension used kinda by Citroen but really exploded because of Buick.

History shows you wrong, deal with it.

Tesla and Panasonic are cooperating together on the first gigafactory. So there is no financial desire to squash Tesla when a lot of the tech is going to be shared along with profits. Tesla doesn't want china's battery quality.

>It they're driving a Tesla, then it's cool. Drop by my place and let me check it out please.
So you are a faggot?

No, seriously, what anime is that pic from. Looks familiar.

>Not necessarily the inventor of the tech, but the first to use it in mass.

That's like saying Elvis invented music because he was the first mass marketed musician.

>thinking elvis mass marketed music

Your comparison is retarded.

It's more like saying, while an idea existed it wasn't until someone made improvements in it's distribution and production that the idea was actually useful.

Innovation isn't invention, there's a lot more to it.

America didn't create the internet, but it created the internet as we know it today.

How the FUCK did Tesla manage to embarrass all other car companies that have existed for 100+/- years? How is it that they are desperately trying to catch up to the market that Tesla is dominating? It can't be money, it can't be lack of technology, so what is it?

>try to drive through Europe
>get beheaded

Helsla is the future

All the older brands seem to be stuck in the past and try and throw hybrid tech at the walls hoping it sticks but it wont.

>No Hybrid i4 1.0l diesel awd
Literally why doesnt this exist?

Petrol is such a bad fuel for energy generation and its why most commercial/BIG generators are diesel

The other companies do not want to do EVs. Excluding Nii-san.

Diesel stores better and is less if a fire hazard.

*shadow walks behind u* *unsheathes nagamaki*
heh.. ur too late kid.

>How the FUCK did Tesla manage to embarrass all other car companies
>THIS is how retarded teslaboos are

The other automakers don't care to make a EV car, because there's no point.

You can't make a cheap econobox that's ev because it gets BTFO for a similarly priced ICE. Looking at you Leaf.

You can't make a heavy duty work car that's EV, because of range issues. Electric truck etc.

You can't make a performance car that's all EV because overheating. Looking at the model S overheating multiple times on multiple tracks after 3 minutes.

Hybrids are around and they're better than EVs for all the things. More range, not as many over heating issues and can be performance as seen by shit like the porch 918 or whatever.

Tesla appeals to the kind of person that wants a tesla because they have the money to want to buy any car. That middle aged guy who has enough saved up to buy a corvette, mustang, camaro or whatever, now has the choice of also buying a tesla.

That and Californians who think Tesla is good for the environment, even though it isn't. and have daddies money to spend.

That's Tesla market. Average people don't care for a Tesla, and that's why it's market share is tiny.

Good hybrids are better than EVs.

Good fuel cars are better than hybrids.

The only reason why hybrids and EVs exists its not enviroment or MPGs, its because fuel is limited.

>its because fuel is limited.
Haha what?

It's entirely based on MGPs, no one cares however many scientists and shit tell us that fuels gonna run out, people just care if they can afford this car.

I don't care, because i can afford a inefficient car. But when you have other costs in your life with kids and shit, you want a car that gets good mileage and all has some comfort. That's why corollas are so popular. They're fuel efficient, have OK creature comfort and are cheap to maintain.

Then there's the people who genuinely think a hybrid or EV helps the environment, yes people like that do exist, there's a reason there's a 'meme' of Prius owners.

Currently Tesla do not appeal to the average person because that price tag isn't worth the fuel savings. And also electricity bill that comes. At 80k the Model S is out of reach for the average person.

The Nissan leaf appeals to the same people the smart car appeals to. A cheap city car, because everything else is too big and not good enough mpgs.

No one cares how limited fuel is, people just care about how much it costs. And that's why US still has BIG VEE ATES and Europe has tiny 4 cylinder hatch backs.

japan, the country that will never completely "upgrade" from flip phones because candybar touchscreen slabs offer moderate benefits for playing fucking video games, is not going to invest a lot of time and money in electric cars when the average person doesn't even need a car.

I'm waiting for BLM to be declared a hate group.

While it does little in terms of their ability to protest, it takes away from their credibility and will almost always result in negative attention from the press.
>It's those assholes again...

More importantly, it completely destroys their power over politians as no sane career politician will want be associated or ally with a hate group.

Even African American politicians would distance themselves from BLM if they got a hate group designation.

Its never gonna happen. BLM can kill all the people it wants, and liberals will simply say 'not all blacks' and that's it.

Have you looked at some of the tweets they've posted? They read like something daesh would post.

enjoy those toxic fumes

Yes i have, doesn't change that liberal politicians are very calculated cold people, and liberal voters are retards.

The majority of materials to make modern batteries comes from china, tho.

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37009696/tesla-car-drives-owner-to-hospital-after-he-suffers-pulmonary-embolism

Man with a lethal blood clot in his lungs. Is driven to the hospital by his Tesla.

Tesla doesn't use rare earths in their motors or batteries.

Though there is a problem in the future. The USA hasn't mined cobalt since 1960, and only has 300 tons left. So Tesla is going to have to find a new source eventually.

>Japan; the country that prides itself on being the forefront of technology has ''barely'' even dipped their toes into electric (or alternate fuel all together) vehicles.

Do you realize what you are saying? Why would Japan go to all-electric vehicles when electricity is something they have in short supply in the first place?

Anyways, why should a company bankrupt itself spending billions of yen of investors' money? The chinese will just steal the secret info and make the item cheap and sell it, thus killing the japanese company. That pattern happened to a lot of USA companies and frustrated institutions, individual instruments, and investors cut a lot of their investment losses. Why invest in usa companies if they are only going to feed the chinese companies?

You also said that Japan didn't support alternate fuel only vehicles. Easy for you to complain. Okay, you say that Japan should make a hydroelectrically-powered car to beat Tesla? So, you say Japan is low tech for not making a wind-powered car to beat Tesla? How big are the sails? Are you still demanding solar power cell on cars to beat Tesla? So, you demand nuclear fukushima branded cars to beat Tesla using portable nuclear power generators like those on USA space missions?

Japan's gov't has been trying to support alternative energy with tariffs. The feed-in tariff covers purchases over the next 10 to 20 years, depending on the type and amount of energy produced. Among the renewable forms covered are wind, solar, geothermal, biomass and hydropower. Solar producers receive, over 20 years, a very generous 37.8 yen, or 38 cents, per kilowatt hour generated. Certainly larger than those in Europe by two or more times. It's bigger than the USA which has a lot of solar land mass unlike Japan.

Japan only has an electricity problem because they switched off all their nuclear power plants.

Oil has to be all imported. The only domestic Japanese oil fields are in waters disputed with china.

It makes perfect sense for Japan to go all EV. No one drives that far in Japan. Majority live in dense urban areas. World's best mass transit system. High speed rail gets you there in half the travel time compared to a car, and is price competitive.

>self defense shooting
>six figures
>implying the NRA won't pay for you
>implying you'll be charged
>implying Zimmerman was an average case
>implying you don't have legal protections in a shooting
Then again
I live in the south and you probably live somewhere stupid

>It makes perfect sense for Japan to go all EV. No one drives that far in Japan. Majority live in dense urban areas. World's best mass transit system. High speed rail gets you there in half the travel time compared to a car, and is price competitive.
Then make more fucking public transport.

The best selling battery car is from Nissan, the best selling hybrid from Toyota. Honda got burned with the Insight (launched in 2000 and held the EPA record MPG for a none plugin car until 2015) and ended up scaling back international sales and eventually just selling it as a petrol car under the name Grace in Japan.

Hydrogen is pointless marketing.

>the country that prides itself on being the forefront of technology has ''barely'' even dipped their toes into electric vehicles
Don't fall for the Tesla meme, it's being shilled by Americans that noticed that Detroit is dead and will never be able to catch up to efficient and clean European and Japanese diesels. Like all forced memes Tesla will never be good, battery powered cars in general will never be good. 5000lbs of vehicle that's mostly battery is NOT the future. Bio-diesel hybrids with supercapacitors and hydrogen are the future until we see consumer tier cold fusion reactors.

We'll go back to horses before battery cars dominate the market.

>europe
>clean diesel.

Pick one, Hans.

>ABS
Jenson FF 5 years before Chrysler.

>muh NOx boogeyman meme
Kys

Paris has air pollution matching Beijing. Despite the fact it doesn't have dozens of old dirty coal power plants. The culprit is France's obsession with diesel engines because "muh mmmpeeeegeee". It is so bad that you can't drive a car that is older than 18 years old into the city anymore.

Every Volkswagen Auto Group diesel engine has been found to have emission test cheating software in it.

>only cities matter because everyone lives in the city amirite
>only VAG makes diesels
Kys

>No, seriously, what anime is that pic from. Looks familiar.

It is from Arpeggio of Blue Steel which was a manga series that was subsequently adapted into an anime and two anime theatrical movies. Because Arpeggio admitted global warming existed and showed the aftermath effects, one republican troll on /a/ kept on making anti-arpeggio posts and hate threads about it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio_of_Blue_Steel

Arpeggio TV series download:
bakabt.me/torrent/178502/aoki-hagane-no-arpeggio-arpeggio-of-blue-steel-ars-nova-bd-1080p

Arpeggio movies are available at the nyaa link below. Movie #1 is "DC" and movie #2 is "Cadenza".
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=arpeggio movie

VW Golf - 175mg/km
Ford Focus - 650mg/km
Ford Mondeo - 650mg/km
Skoda Octavia - 200mg/km

VAG cars are well below the industry average.

Oh I forgot until I walked past one, Mitsubishi make the worlds best selling PHEV SUV.

Despite its well-publicised recent diesel emissions issues, the VW Group performed the best

Not1 GM car (of 5 tested) came in under 500mg/km.

>Not1 GM car (of 5 tested) came in under 500mg/km.

It's still better performance than someone walking. A person can walk 45 kilometers per day. They let out 500 grams of carbonacious poop and 2 grams of toilet paper. That's 12 grams of pollutant per kilometer.

>A person can walk 45 kilometers per day. They let out 500 grams of carbonacious poop and 2 grams of toilet paper. That's 12 grams of pollutant per kilometer.

Yeah, but that's for a person wearing a GM-branded car servicing jacket and chevy-logo shoes. Walkers wearing VAG jackets and golf shoes had only 4 grams per kilometer. (volkswagon bribed the walkers into coprophilia emissions reduction immediately prior to the EPA testing). Once again, VAG had lower emissions!

Wow that's some nice fucking strawman pal.

We are talking VAG not GM. Just fucking admit it you fucking shill, VW diesel is shit.

I hope Tesla ramps up a section of the gigafactory to make use of Panasonic's solar cell research. The USA could use more solar power vis a vis Tesla powerwalls.

If Tesla could set the standard for large but still portable modular power packs, perhaps those could be the new standard for all the future electric cars. Since each power pack would have an encrypted ID chip, that would prevent patent pirates from making non-UL approved units.

> I know that sometimes i can hear stuff on /k/ that i might use as an argument, even without proof, but in this case, i wouldn't believe it without proof.

It's been established at the federal level that people with CCW are more likely to be shot, but there's a LOT of other factors involved, including people trying to steal from them. It's sort of like how the greatest indicator of whether someone will get a divorce or not is if they've previously had one. The sort of people who get CC permits are more likely to get into situations where they get shot in the first place, and it give a lot of people a false sense of security/power.

>The other automakers don't care to make a EV car, because there's no point.

Here's one:
"to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible."

Found the MBA.

ICE engines are perfectly sustainable in the current world. No one wants to waste time investing in a world that doesn't exist yet.

Besides, when gas is too expensive to feed cars (which won't happen for a very long time), we'll just start burning alcohol or something else. Multi fuel engines have been around for ever. Really no need for electric.

How much NOx?

I don't think strawman means what you think it means.

>Tesla doesn't use rare earths in their motors or batteries.

I was under the impression that they were using Lithium in the battery packs, and that's classed as a rare earth mineral.