/simg/ - Simulation Games General

MIG WHEN edition

Previous Sortie:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

goo.gl/uAHjHh
warisboring.com/turkish-steel-beasts-take-a-pounding-in-syria-53e57910c8c9#.iwhnc214f
youtube.com/watch?v=lSd9-WCZP40
forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=181480&f=38#p181480
youtube.com/watch?v=An0N1cLsAv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sleep Good Ivan

tales of /дa бoйз/ user here

Work is proceeding quicker than I imagined on the remaining missions given the absurd amounts of caffeine I've been ingesting. Work is completed on 68 missions, all scripts are done and revised and I'm currently awaiting the remaining VA to be delivered by the people who were asked to participate everyone was more than cooperative when asked about it. Thanks a lot desu. I might push to try and finish it before this wednesday or thursday, but that's just a plan. Not sure how well the missions I have finished so far will react to ED being a piece of shit and apparently breaking static object visibility on online clients or any other shit they might have broken.

The campaign will be distributed in a .zip file and linked on the planefag pastebin mission downloads section.

If all is good and well until thursday, I'll attempt scheduling ops on friday, 2200UTC on the group. If not on friday, then saturday at that same time. The campaign has enough slots for 12 people in 3 flights (1x Mig-29A flight, 1x SU-27 flight and 1x Mig-21Bis flight), so, including the host and me I was hoping we could have at least 8 people going since leatherkek apparently broke the Mig-21 for some people.

That's it for now, I believe.
Keep it alive.
Fly safe, planefags.

God damn devs where the FUCK are my slav planes.

A-at least the Mirage got better this patch

oops, not 68 missions. 7/8 now.

you are doing gods work, keep it up
lets just hope ED dosen't oops something

>He became a History teacher after the war
How cool would it have been to learn about history from a man who was a fucking memelord in WWII

why would people play simulation games?

Is this bait or is this a legitimate question?

The same reason people jack off to traps

>caring about a baguette more than a sweet mig that just wants to love you

>More satisfying
>Don't deal with normie bullshit
>No babbies

Yeah that's a pretty good analogy.

ma nigga

Friendship ended with Mikoyan
Dassault is my best friend now

I need a senpai to teach me how to fly on formation. I have FC3. Alex Gotcha in ts

Wrong OP again, correct link: goo.gl/uAHjHh

Why is this general not dead yet?

@155799009(You)

I just cannot fly the su27. That motherfucking nose keep bouncing up and down with the slightliest movement. I cant even get throught the training lesson that asks me to fly throughy the games. Fuck this.

It is.

*throught the gates

>what is trim and axis tune

>@
This has to be bait.

I mean completely dead

It is completely dead, the only reason it doesn't drop off the board is due to the alleged 'shitters' being the only ones posting simulation game content and not jerking off to TS autist drama

Thanks for the input greg

yw

Doing my part, since you clowns won't.

Maybe I will start posting some il2 1946 stuff soon

>based CA-15

New to sim gen,

I play RSRBR 2016 aka Rally Sim Richard Burns Rally after wanting a more accurate sim than dirt: rally. Has anyone ever tried it?
Why teamspeak over discord?

Teamspeak is required for DCS radio mods.

>Teamspeak is required for DCS radio mods.
Not the one we use...

>we hit rock bottom

>Not BOS

I find it relaxing. It's a different kind of focusing necessary than with other vidya.

what is trim and axis tune?

WHO FUCKING THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

I-16 is fun to fly, though

Anyone got any experience with Silent Hunter? 5 to be exact. Playing unmodded, my first sub game and I couldn't get widescreen working in SH3 for whatever reason and I can't play it at 1024p on a 4k monitor if you paid me.

Having a lot of fun with it, still using the babby aiming method right now as I get used to the rest of the mechanics and tactics, but I've got a question regarding the damage modelling.

I'm playing unmodded, how good is the damage model? Does it make any real difference if you use AP rounds on the deck gun and aim beneath the waterline (the keel?) or just fire anywhere to do knock the health bars down (playing with them disabled so I can't really see any difference in damage or amount of water being let in)

Same with torpedo depth, what's the reasoning behind changing depth? Would hitting lower on the keel let more water in? Is that modelled?

Makes what the fuck you are flying more easy
I 1 6

Has anyone tried this yet?

No, looks a decent upgrade for anyone who just has a stick with no throttle.

>angry buzzing in distance

It's not even out yet.

However it suspiciously looks like a reskined cougar in terms of buttons. There's even an MSL/DOGFIGHT override slider.

However that just might be me dreaming for a Cougar of my own.

This and the x52 stick would an amazing mid tier setup, too bad saitek a shit and the stick doesn't have a USB controller.

I thought the only Richard Burns Rally was the ancient one they never made a new one.

Anyone know of a good throttle to go along with a black mamba?

There are no good throttles.

warthog.

tee hee.

I want to upgrade from a HOTAS X, but I'm not sur e what I want instead

Maybe if I feel like it. Ive been on a old flight sim thing lately.

How do you respond?

No but it looks like an amazing entry level throttle to go with a standalone entry level stick.

"Sure, join 104th, the only true DCS experience"

>becomes an f15 fags in 2 hours

It looks better than the x52 throttle.
Which is mid level.

Read the fucking manual

Buy the MIG21 and only fly that, once you get gud with it, fly something else.

This just in.
warisboring.com/turkish-steel-beasts-take-a-pounding-in-syria-53e57910c8c9#.iwhnc214f

Turkish tanks are shit.
M60s are tin cans.

We all knew this though.

Can confirm, pic related really captures the fishbed essence.

I want every single one of these planes in DCS

You've got three of them already, for you to know.

Delete this.

I need the other three, you cunt.

So do I.
Alas, there's not a single sign of them coming up any time soon.

>Would hitting lower on the keel let more water in? Is that modelled?
No idea if it's modelled, but setting a lower depth might make it harder to detect, would be less susceptible to sea conditions and also have a better chance of hitting beneath hull armour; obviously there would be a better chance of it going under the keel though.

I saw a webm before of a SU25A with the tv popping up when ever you look over to the right of the dash. Is there a way to get this or has ED locked it?

Who's down for some BMS, come to teamspeak. I feel like hosting.

Modded plane.

mig))))))

There is an active mod cummunity that kept the game alive and they tweaked game physics to be 100% accurate.

I am too lazy to record webm but you can have some idea with this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=lSd9-WCZP40

You can find where to download the mods and how to install RSRBR 2016 here. You need the Original Game and it's impossible to find a copy to buy so just torrent it.

forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=181480&f=38#p181480

youtube.com/watch?v=An0N1cLsAv4

pff, DCS is the only racing game *I* need.

>rallyfags racing in DCS
>gets buttmad because a Ka-50 7km away keeps shooting the cars on the course

>>pff, DCS is the only racing game *I* need.
Whatever floats your boat, I am just answering a question about the game.

Someone get in TS and do ops, I need some ops.
Hell even if we go and dick about in airquake I'll play

fucking this

i asked if someone wanted to play BMS ops hours ago and not a single person showed up

>BMS Campaign
>Do DEAD mission
>Fire 2 Harms at SA-2's, Instruct wingman to do the same
>end of missionscreen tells my performance was horrible

Why? Meanwhile another mission done by AI, has them scored as acceptable or something without ever even hitting more than 1 target.

>come back after being away for a while
>try to fly my MiG-21
>leatherneck has committed the fuckup of the century and it now causes CTDs

I really wish they'd have their third-party license revoked at this point. I have no hopes for the Viggen or F-14 being any better.

Different ships have different keel depths, and there's two different types of firing warheads, magnetic or impact. Impact, you want the torpedo to hit nose on square against the side of the ship, magnetic you want the torpedo to barely have enough room to reach the underside of the ship and detonate

>DEAD
>SA/2

found your mistake, DEAD is against specific air defense platoons, you basically selected the wrong mission.

You'll have to explain that to me.
The defense battalion consists of sa2's, so if I kill those it's all cool, r-right?

Sa2's are stationary and not valid targets for DEAD missions (double check briefing target, it'll have switched to some anti air batallion), usually sa2's are in "SA2 site" or some other installation, you need SEAD for those, or just plain old STRIKE.

I was probably in uni

Haven't had a crash with the 21 yet, but I only play offline so maybe that has something to do with it, however the FPS in the pit goes down with each patch, and obviously it's a known issue, LNS don't seem to care

I see, so it would be wiser to go after the radars themselves?

BMS OPS STARTING, GET ISRAELI THEATER, FLYING HORNETS CARRIER OPS

>Destroy enemy air defense assets
Yes

I am going to upload some shit driving featuring hairpin turns.

>only racing game I have is GTR2
>I ain't even mad

Fuck Italy.

>exiting on the inside of the corner

laughing finns.jpg

Teach me senpai

just focus on RWD until you git gud at drifting, user.

Maybe use an Impreza instead, the evo 10 in particular I've noticed doesn't like to let me sling it around in any game I've tried it in even after fucking with settings a lot.

All Ops are during US prime you niggers?

Most of the time, when they're scheduled, they're at 22:00UTC at friday.

Thanks, found out what I did wrong.
The HAD only showed the launchers themselves tracking and on previous occasions I locked onto them instead of the search radar.

Fuck off why no love for europe. Same shit for Eve Online, I dont get why US always get more content during their TZ. EU contries together can surpass US numbers and still nothing happens.