Is it possible to drift in a FWD car, specifical my 2001 Acura Integra viper?

Is it possible to drift in a FWD car, specifical my 2001 Acura Integra viper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I
youtube.com/watch?v=z4CFWS9wXo4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hff7kfMODLE
youtube.com/watch?v=D-CCUqSpdko
youtube.com/watch?v=ro6V7I6a5aM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This beauty should be able to out performance a lampo anyday

youtube.com/watch?v=z4CFWS9wXo4

youtube.com/watch?v=Hff7kfMODLE

youtube.com/watch?v=D-CCUqSpdko

1. steal 2 plastic trays from maccas
2. put them under your rear wheels
3. lock the handbrake
4. ?????
5. profit

you can trail brake

Wrong

Why do you fucks always say maccas? What the fuck is a maccas? Fuck off shitposter FWD can drift fine

Something like this If you have a slick surface, with FWD you can use the handbrake and flick the rear wheels loose while still steering and having power from the front wheels. It's a lot harder to keep it going as long as a RWD drift though.

Best option is to trade FWD Integra Viper for RWD Doge Viper.

Fuck off idiot

the fuck is a macca

Too many Youtube videos and not enough experience behind the wheel.

Or just trolling. Or stupid and trolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=ro6V7I6a5aM

Veeky Forums is retarded and doesn't know how to drive a car.
You can drift anything

>pepsifag criticizing others for not having driving experience
I'm fucking laughing
fuck off benchracer

>Is it possible to drift FWD?
Yeah, but not in the traditional powerslide.. More a weight transfer thing. It's gonna snap back hard unless you're traying.
>in my 01 Integra shitbox
Yeah, but it get's significantly harder if you aren't Asian, on a racetrack, or good at driving. And since you called it a Integra Viper, I am guessing you aren't great at it.
WTF even is that supposed to be?
It's an Aussie thing. They all call McDonalds Macca;s for some reason.

See (You)

Ayy somebody actually kind of gets it.

It's possible, but really difficult to go back and forth like in a RWD car when you have the rear wheels spinning the whole time. With FWD, you have to get some speed and flick the rear loose with the handbrake and you can keep it going for awhile until the rear end eventually catches and then you have to build up some speed again and repeat. I guess if you have never driven a RWD car, it could seem like real drifting and be fun.

Go back to /x/ idiot.

>man who has never driven any car at it's limit thinks he's a bigger expert and more knowledgeable than professional racing drivers

but the civic wasn't the only one to do that. honestly you talk like somebody who can't drive.

You always transfer weight when you drift. Drifting an FF is like drifting an rwd with low power and high traction

Don't understand why anyone would bother trying to drift an FF, just do what integras were made for and that's just driving hard in general

Even the ones where he makes it, look how much speed he loses compared to the other people.

Topkek. All these pro racing drivers on Veeky Forums...

Or are you just relaying the stories you heard on the bus from the guy sitting next to you who said he used to race?

It would be nice if people on a car board actually drove cars.

>Drifting an FF is like drifting an rwd with low power and high traction
But that's not really drifting, is it?

excuse me please list the cars you've owned and how hard you've driven them?

You're just an idiot and I have no idea why you think you're an expert.
Drifting is drifting

>why drift FF
because it's fun? Drifitng was never about being fast
Fucking Americans always try to make everything a huge deal, its why your culture is so boring

Yes it's drifting. In fact it's the REAL form of drifting. Tsuchiya himself said so that drifting a car with a lot of power isn't as real as drifting a car with low amounts of power and having to rely on technique, like drifting a hachiroku

A few FWD cars, a few RWD cars, and """drifting""" in FWD cars was a joke. E-brake turns are not drifts.

Nah. Drifting is drifting.
>not specific at all
Convenient scape goat you b8master

>it's a pepsifag thread
Fucking christ will this sperg ever just admit he doesn't know that much about driving

It's because Americans never got the Type R
They just don't understand

So when kids say "FWD can drift just fine!!!" they are really just talking about e-brake turns instead of controlled oversteer at speed around corners?

It all make sense!

You can powerslide. And probably fool some retards into believing you're actually drifting. This thread is proof enough.

People judge FWD based on their mom's sedan and not the fucking performance cars.

Pepsi pls.

Not quite as bad as the Alphonse and Corey threads.

I'm just hoping that one day I will convince these kids to actually drive a RWD car and break traction in it.

Drifting is drifting kiddo.

Go back to /x/, sperg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick
>lrn2 auto dynamics
>thank me later

Fucktard. Watch this video and tell me all he's doing is handbrake turns

That dude's jacket is fuckken sik.

It's what I said here I suggest getting behind the wheel and comparing the two. If you watch some of those long turns, look how much speed he loses by the end of it. That's the main problem with trying to drift FWD. You start off with some speed and it's all good, but eventually it dies off and you just have to let it go back and catch, then speed up again, and repeat. If you were doing the same turn in a RWD car, it is possible to keep the rear wheels spinning the whole time and maintain speed through a sweeping 180deg turn. Same applies for this where you can still flick em for small tight turns and even medium turns but when you go for a longer sweeping turn you lose speed and it kinda fizzles out and leaves you disappointed.

Again. that's wrong. You have no idea what drifting is.

But you just saw videos where FWD was able to drift through 180 degree turns the entire way

And on the longer ones the speed is just totally gone by the end. I was also busy thinking about how dank that dude's grey jacket was. But seriously it all comes down to the end of those drifts. it's hard to explain if you haven't fucked around and broken traction a bunch in both types of cars. With RWD, it's so much easier to catch the rear again and then get it going the other way while with FWD you end up losing all this speed on a longer drift before the rear catches and then you need to get speed going again before you can go for it again. There's a reason that RWD is still huge in motorsports while FWD is taking over econoboxes.

If you say so.

With pic related, the one on the left is easy enough to do in a FWD car but won't put a smile on your face like the one on the right.

You have no idea what drifting is

E-brake turns, right?

What is wrong with you

Drafting is not drifting, sir.

Drifting is drifting

And breaking traction with the rear wheels on a FWD car for 1 second is nowhere near as fun as 5sec+ sustained oversteer in a RWD car.

You really have to experience both to understand it so I don't blame you.

Drifting is drifting. I've driven way more than you.

Doesn't matter if it's for an inch or a mile?

no
you can do slide around or do handbrake turns tho

Drifting is drifting, just because you want to pretend FWD can't have sustained drifts doesn't change reality.

I disagree. Different driving techniques are required to extract entertainment from either drivetrain.

If you drive a FWD car like a RWD one you will have no fun because the dynamics under power are different. If you drive a RWD car like a FWD one you will spin it.

you don't need to experience shit, you just need some common-sense physics knowledge to comprehend the way the drivetrain affects handling and adjust your driving to suit.

nah, that;s sliding
drifting is sustainable
fwd cant drift

Forza doesn't count.

>you don't need to experience shit
Welcome to Veeky Forums

Drifting is drifting

yep
sliding ain't drifitng

Drifting is drifting

nope
your efforts are better spent saving for a cars that's not shitty fwd than attempting to skew reality

Drifting is drifting

Drifting is drifting

alright i will admit that ive never drifted and im not going to pretend i know what im talking about but.
OP just find an open space and pull your handbreak and see what happens.
if that doesnt work do the maccies tray thing.
also RIP your nice round tires

How now ausfag, you should know no one will know what a macca is.

Don't lump us all together with that retard. I drive ff and anyone smart knows driving ANYTHING can be fun if you aren't a fuddy duddy faggot

don't go ripping your ebrake on dry pavement you will crash lol, just stick to gravel and learn how to use inertia and scandy flicks to drift