Spoiled Brat Thread

Have your parents ever bought you a car? How much was it worth? Did you do anything to earn it?

>Ford ZX2 S/R
>$2500
>no

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Have your parents ever bought you a car?
No. I wanted to pay for it with money I made so they couldn't say "well technically it's our car so etc etc".

I bought one from my parents for way below market value. I didn't do anything to deserve it, but I didn't give my parents shit and didn't get caught doing stupid shit, so maybe that was worth it to them.

I never took a penny from my parents that was even remotely car related and I'd still let them use it if they ever needed to.

When I was 16 my mom sold her 66 stingray to get me my first car. It was a 1990 Audi Coupe.

For some reason she thought letting a 16year old loose in a Corvette with a built 327 pushing more than 400hp was a bad idea.

Despite that lapse in her judgement, I still love my mom ;)

No, but they gave me their old miata

>yes
>24k
>no

it was my first car, and i beat the shit out of it as i learned to drive. just cracked 200k. still drive it everyday. don't want a new car desu.

>2016 Lexus CT-200h f-sport
>$31k
>Got a free ride into Cornell, parents decided to use some of the money they set aside for me and bought me a car

>24k

Damn, they let you drive on something that expensive? What is it?

>1969 Vista Cruiser, 350 2 speed auto
>Don't know what they paid, sold it for $3200
>Helped with the construction of the neighbors garage

Hated the ugly thing. Couldn't even afford to drive it to school and back as the fuel consumption killed my wallet.

Parents got it for next to nothing after helping the neighbors build their garage.
>Old man runs a construction business

Everyone made That 70's Show references whenever I did drive it somewhere.

Am i spoiled? Last year after driving a scion xb for a year they bought a manual bmw 325i for $3800. This is after they have known my love for cars since i was born. It might have been since i was about to buy a bmw cafe racer.

A vista cruiser!? You know you could literally... cruise the vistas?

Spoiled piece of shit

They bought me a 2014 Camaro RS (30k), now they are getting me a 2017 Camaro SS (just short of 40K)

Why do you insist they keep buying you such shitty cars?

Coming from the guy who owns a shitbox. Dont be mad jealous, the new camaros are fucking great

>First gave me a hand-me-down 07 Camry Hybrid, now buying me a new car soon
>Camry was worth about $8k at the time, new car is in a budget of $40k
>I'm a good boy and I dindu nuffin

This.

The only problem is the over aggressive styling and lack of visibility (which is really only an issue when backing into a parking spot).

What car? The poorfags in this thread are mad jelly about people like us who have parents who love them

I would have definitely parked that thing, until I could afford a nice EFI swap with a modern overdrive trans. Damn son, a '69 is literally one of my dream garage cars, I would never have let it go.

Hahahaha you have trouble backing in?

Jesus it has a backup cam. You should probably get sometihng smaller, son.

Don't know yet, I'm looking at a new Tacoma or Canyon. Also considering a few cars from the Lexus lineup. I need something easy to get in and out of, and has a comfy ride. That's why I'm looking at trucks as well as the ES350.

I'm grateful for what my parents have done, but you need to realize not everyone is blessed with money. A overwhelming majority of the population doesn't make all that much money. You should be grateful for what your parents have done. At the same time others should understand that people come from different living situations and buying your kid a new car isn't all that uncommon in a lot of America or the west in general.

I've never driven one, just going off by the experience of another user who made a Camaro impressions thread.

Can you get the backup camera on the 1LT/1SS?

Good for you user sounds like you deserve it

I have no problem with this but it still makes me mad for some reason

>Then he said, his parents dont love him enough to buy him a nice new car

Why? I mean, for a lot my friends they got mad that my parents bought me a Prius. But my parents are total liberal cucks so I take what I can.

How's highschool?

Graduated years ago, but even if I was in high school stay mad

I was offered a car but I bought it myself, does that count?

I got a 2002 cavalier from my dad and he ended up making me work 100 hours of farm labor at my grandfathers place for a car valued at $1800 that he said was worth $6,000 and he always just took it to run errands despite telling me that I owned it.

He ended up taking it and fucking it up on a pothole, rejected anything was wrong with it and I had to scrap it because it had a bent frame and was unsafe to drive.

It was in his name still and he kept half the insurance money as "punishment" for destroying a good car.

I don't talk to my dad anymore.

Surprised Bromaro isn't in here yet

>not getting the mustang
Cuck detected

>2000 Mazda Miata
>$3500
>no

It was the best gift ever. I really didn't deserve it at all. I baby the shit out of it as a result.

Why would I get a slower car that you see every 2 minutes on he street?

My parents chipped in 2k, I payed the other 4.5k

am i still spoiled?

>slower
kek

>other comment
and you boug--had a Camaro given to you?

It's seen as a more liberal (and therefore bad because /pol/acks) thing to continue caring for your child after they turn 18. My parents didn't dump me on my ass, and they're putting me through college so that I don't have to struggle like they did when they were my age.

Quite frankly, I don't see the benefit in being on your own at 18. I had no idea how to do even half the things I know now to be a more functional adult

The mustang is slower thats why all you have to say is KEK.

My parents love me unlike yours and they want me to have nice things

89 Integra
$1400
I redid the backyard and filled our pool, probably more work than the car was worth

>"Okay son, Here's 3,000. You need a car before you can find a job here, so use that for the down payment, then find a job to pay the car off.

>Went on craigslist and set max price to 3,000
>Found a 944
>Working on it as I type this
>Only got a job 3 weeks ago

I got a 2000 Focus, and later a 2009 Cobalt. Wish I didn't accept either of them, because I had no attachment to them. Might have been different if I spent my own hard earned dollars on them.

Also wish I got into cars earlier and didn't buy autotragics.

Pretty sure it's not about him being an angsty teen, pretty sure it's about parents who have no actual respect for him and he wanted to ensure they couldn't pull any bullshit.

Should also mention that I was given the money in january

I still find that mentality absurd.

I'm fairly right-wing, but if I have a kid I'm going to do my damndest to help him while at the same time try to teach him the virtues of being grateful. I'm grateful to my parents for all they've provided for me, and they've done me a service setting me up so I don't have to live with stress. I'd want the same for my kid, I don't want my kid to be overly stressed just so I can be an asshole.

>bought my own Lancer GTS for 8k
>dad spends 4k in mods while I'm away for 3 months without asking

He wasted his money, I just wanted a cheap-to-own manual until I have a steady paycheck. I feel kinda guilty about it but I'm selling it next week for 6k and getting something I want.

Yes

>Lexus LS460, BMW 335i
>both were about 25-30k when purchased, probably closer to 15-20k now
>No, all the money i earn goes in an investment account

>The poorfags in this thread are mad jelly about people like us who have parents who love them

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818

Grandparents gave me £1k when i was born and i spent that on a motorbike when i was 17.
I'm only just now buying my first car and i wouldnt accept money from my parents if they offered it. I dont understand why some people expect their parents to pay for all their shit.

Stay mad

>bought 1999 Miat
>insisted on paying for it myself
>4300 buckaroos
>parents offered to pay 2k
>mfw

I own a nineteen ninety-nine Nissan Maxima. The core support isn't held together by anything but rust, and I'm running 10 lbs of boost in it. I call it death trap 4.1 (it used to be 4.0). This'll be my 4th and cheapest car.
Who bought the last 3 (I did).

If mommy and daddy are buying your cars, you're probably a wannabe who can't even outrun a police interceptor when push comes to shove.

>no
>see above
>even if i did they wouldnt have bought me a car
Both of them wont ever buy me a car, but if i ever take out a loan to get a new one they said that i could take out the loan through them. Theyve got ridiculously high credit scores, something like 816 or 826

are you a cunt ? If not then your not spoiled

>Renault Clio II 1.2
>£1800
>No

5 years later and I've still got it. If all goes well I'm going to turn it into a track car and keep it forever.

Jump off that bridge you fuck.

>Vista Cruiser
>ugly thing

Goddammit what is wrong with you user

>Yes
>$2000
>no

My dad and I were on our way to look at it, and he said he would just pay for it, even though I was completely prepared to buy it myself.

Well you're a grown ass man. I dont think anyones parents buy them a car at that point.

>Dubya Are Eks 2017
>$28,500
>nope
I basically told my dad "its a turbo corolla" and he's like cool

Kek, that's not a bad idea. I'm in the market for a new car, and I might just tell my dad it's a turbo corolla as well.

Got a 2005 ford escape hybrid from my parents when I was 16. Not a bad car, 4 wheel drive and a nice roomy backseat I fucked many times in.

Crapped out on me a year and a half ago due to a failed PCM. Bought a 1985 chevy c-10 longbed for 1100. Put $400 in it and got $2500 for it as a down payment for my 2007 350z. My parents have plenty of money to buy me a car if they wanted to but they raised me to want to work for my own shit.

1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE
Handed down to me from father
No

Did get an old Ford Cortina when I was 13 that everyone else beat up on my uncle's 40 acres. Drove it a little bit myself, once really fast while family held on the back and one or two times slowly when everyone else was done. Thing got fucking trashed.

I did get given an old Honda that I got my bike license on, ended up giving that back to her this year. About late 2011 I got a 4 grand loan for a Yamaha Virago, but that fucked itself last year and I bought a Ford Focus a month ago with two of the three grand I had spare. Just come back from a weekend of 840km through Adelaide.

I thought that, but my 23 year old friend just had his parents buy him a new Mercedes because the Mini they bought him 3 years ago was out of warrenty. You'd be suprised how many spoiled adults there are that expect shit for free from their parents.

ITT: salty poorfags with cheap parents

>muh entitlement
>y...you didn't earn it so it doesn't count my civic is a racecar

Mom passed on her old Acura to me just because it'd be cheaper and safer than buying a different car. Didn't really do anything to deserve it, but it was worth around $8k when they put it aside for me.

Definitely want my kid to buy his own first car with his hard work and hopefully prevent him from being a lazy fuck like myself.

>Hyundai Accent (base w/ 5 speed)
>$9,500 on the sticker, but dad worked at the dealer at the time so he probably paid close to invoice (never told me exactly how much)
>Was doing well in high school, generally well-behaved kid but hadn't done anything exceptional by 15/16

My then-stepmom had mentioned later that she "thought I deserved it", I don't know the extent to which she may have influenced my dad's decision to buy the car. There was some benefit to him as well, as my divorced parents had joint custody and my having a car meant I could shuttle my sister and myself between our parents' homes without them having to see one another.

Fucking hell your parents should hate themselves for raising such a fucking faggot.

no, and after my first speeding ticket they sold the chevelle I had bought and rebuilt. I can't blame them though.

Parents bought me a 2004 Ford Explorer for 4000 off a family friend.

I paid 1000 of that, plus title and licence.

I was away for a year for my military training, so as a welcome home gift/christmas gift they bought me that.

I always kind of resented the gift. Everything else in my life I had earned on my own, since my family never had much money to help out. I worked hard and I felt like I should have got my own car.

I totaled it last week, now I have no car and a chance to earn it on my own. But I really don't know how much I need to save to get a car. If I should buy a 2000 dollar shit box outright or put a 1000 down on a used car that would be normally 6000 out right.

Not having a car fucking sucks btw.

lol. That's still pretty crazy generous of her, even if it didn't mean 16yo V8 powered skids.

It sucks when you've bought a vehicle and it eventually just kills itself from something it's been suffering badly from since you bought it, then having no vehicle.

Bread on roof you fucking nerd

And the side windows
And the front windows
And the whole car
That's why camaros suck.
No fucking visibility

08 mazdaspeed 3

Cobb ap, fully bolted, fmic, suspension and brakes.

A reward for getting a full ride scholarship to college. So I saved them about 40k so they bought me a 20k car.

Seems legit.

Still drive it to work and back. About 110k miles.

>year is 2012
>turn 16
>04 audi A6

Only 90k on it right now but fucked the bumper a bit and needs new paint. Smelly from hockey equipment and weed. In the shop now, going to sell when I move for school

I plan on buying a cheap van and turning it into a shag wagon.

Me and my boy wanna do some pimp my ride style shit

Yes.

Definitely buy a cheap car outright and put what you'd otherwise spend on your car payment in an emergency fund. That way if something goes catastrophically wrong (at-fault accident, transmission grenades, etc) you're less likely to be making payments on a car you no longer own, and you also have much better odds of making money a few years down the road when you're ready to get something better since a $1500 car is near its minimum value but a $6000 car is likely to depreciate significantly in the next 5-10 years.

Pretty sure my parents havent ever bought me anything all at once with a value greater than like $250, Like didnt even get yearbooks in school they were/are so broke lmao.

Deff had to pay for my first vehicle, pic related, was deff not lowered IRL

My dad bought me a new 09 corolla
My grades weren't great but I was a good boy
Did errands for my parents after getting the car
Totally worth it

Still running with 75k miles. Debating swapping it for FRS/BRZ

I dont think anyone here is actually mad. Cool thing your parents bought you car bro, dont act like you actually did anything for the car tho.

>b-b-but i got good grades
Not hard to do
>b-b-but i occasionally mowed the lawn

No, you didn't work for your car. It doesnt matter what you drive if you didnt do anything to earn it.

got $1000 from my grandparents and bought my own with it so i guess that counts

>It doesnt matter what you drive if you didnt do anything to earn it.
Top fucking kek

I got their 2006 Milan

Dad planned on getting me a crownvic from a police auction.

I was faster and got a job and an FC

>yes
>Honda Prelude
>$100
>I got it out of my uncle's driveway, who needed room for his new Accord V6

I split the cost on a shitty 2006 civic becuase my parents refused to let me pay for a car without airbags in full. That shitheap blew up, and they bought me the ranger.
>feel pretty bad about it
>all i wanted was a 90s civic hatch

They bought me a salvaged 94 Geo Prizm with a blown head gasket and leaking exhaust from my uncle for $300 when I got my license.
>my older brother got a new Civic when he got his

No. I bought my first on a minimum wage job while going to college, my second at a better paying job, and my third from a relative for dirt cheap who didn't know how to fix it.

>R30 Nissan Skyline
>$800
>nope

I was a broke as fuck Uni student, spending close to 4 hours a day on a bus...and the cost of riding the bus was fucking ridiculous, over $50 a week.

Funnily enough this was all well before everyone went full JDM retard (we're talking well over a decade ago), back then it was just an ugly as fuck rough sedan with fuck awful interior, hilariously spongy seats, bits of rust everywhere and a turbo for no apparent reason.

Awesomely reliable car, stupidly easy to work on, ton of fun to drive. There was a kid down the street that'll always pop over whenever I was working on it and help out, so when he turned 16 I taught him to drive in it and sold it to him a year later for $800.

Good times, although it makes me kinda sad that the vast majority of affordable shit boxes for kids to wrench on these days are just fwd hatches or clapped out commodores.

We were swimming in cheap rwd Nissans and Toyotas back then....cheap s13 silvias or 180sx were everywhere, you could pick up an old low km mint Celica Supra for peanuts because everyone wanted newer (ergo late 90's) GTR Skylines, RX7's and Supras etc

>Buy you a car?
Kinda, dad gave me his old car
>How much was it worth
No clue, probably around $6k?
>Did you do anything to earn it?
Not being an autist who lets internet memes tell me to turn down a free car

My dad is about to get himself an STI for a DD because I fed him the turbo Corolla line. Should I tell him how turbo it is before he buys it? I know he'll go on the test drive and putter around and do a clutch test, and leave it at that.

LAWLERCUNT

In high school I didn't get a car at all, the other kids (private school ~40 kids per year) got Ferrari F430, Porsche 911 GT2, M5, Supra TT, FOrd GT, and tons of parents would pick up their kids in Rolls Phantoms, McLaren SLR, Maybach, etc.

I got a car from mommy and daddy when I graduated medical school, a Lexus ES350. :(

Life is never fair brah

Pic from recent trip to Macau

I remember my mom tried to pull this on me with my first car. She was not paying for the car or insurance, both of which were in my name.

I plan to buy my nephew a car and pay for the insurance to spite my sister.

I got a hand me down truck to drive for 2 years out of high school. Fucking loved it, working a/c, seats for 4, but bad gas mileage. I took care of it like my own. worked part time and randomly my mom decided she wants to sell the perfectly maintained truck and make me buy my own car.

the $2k i saved up went into a shitty FR 80s car. She did buy me a set of tires tho. could have been much worse

My parents bought me my first car for not doing drugs until I was 18. It was a $3000 1976 Camaro that I got. Since then I've only bought my own cars, but I think I was a little spoilt.

>Getting a free ride into Cornell Uni

Fucking congrats user , you deserved it for sure . I wish i was that smart/dedicated .

My dad is a mechanic and found someone trying to get rid of a 1998 2l Mk3 Golf in great condition and managed to negotiate a price for $3k AUD.
It's my first car.

I respect my parents and don't act like an asshole to them so I suppose he didn't have a problem with it.

Since he's a mechanic he also helps with any issues with the car.

Pretty much the same as in pic except different tyres.