Why is Odysseus the only character in Greek mythology whose relationships are exclusively heterosexual?

Why is Odysseus the only character in Greek mythology whose relationships are exclusively heterosexual?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book24.html
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/p/plato/p71sy/symposium.html
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book9.html
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book16.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And he was a literal cuck, which is the inevitable fate of every heterosexual.

There is no homosexuality in either of the homeric epics.

Not sure any Greek heroes were ever depicted as explicitly gay.

Literally who?
Do you mean Ulysses?

Ahem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)

I don't know that I'd consider him a part of Greek mythology.

he literally blinded a cyclops m8

Wasnt achilles somewhat of a fag?

>never go full retard

There was never any physical romance between him and patroclus, though, and the ancient Greeks themselves didn't view their relationship as homo as it was presented in the Iliad.

I guess he was the most alpha cuck ever because none of those Bulls made it in his wife, or out of his house, alive.

only in fanfiction

Nobody blinded a cyclops m8.

noice

Heracles.
Among the gods there was Zeus and Apollo.

Who was herakles gay with?

And I said heroes, so gods don't count. Entirely separate entities.

Thetis literally tries to comfort Achilles post death of Patrokles with "Hey, you can have sex with women too".

the original waifufag

>Not sure any Greek heroes were ever depicted as explicitly gay.

Heracles you uneducated fuck.

That pussy must have been really dope

Could some one please explain to me who this guy is?

Herakles was only a semi god, he was a heroic figure

That's characters. Do you know what a greek chorus does? Characters is similar, but narrarates the internal thoughts of the characters

>entire story about how his wife refuses to have anything to do with the suitors until he comes back, then he slaughters them all
>some 12 year old memelord shithead who doesn't actually know what the word means calls him a litteral cuck

ISHYDDT

Nigga what? How the fuck do you not know who he is?

Huh?
Why the fuck would I know anything about this guy?

Dude cause its basic history? Where are you from? Asia? Africa? Cause north americans know and so do euros?

Guatemala. We weren't taught anything before Cortes landing.

>as explicitly gay.
Because if you knew anything about Greek antiquity you would know it was quite rare for someone to be actually "gay".

Men were bi. Love was literally reserved for men, and sex and procreation for women. It's literally no joke.

Reasoning: Men are with you when it matters (times of war) the bond you have with them is nothing like you have with a women, Greek knew this. That is why most of the heroes have boyfriends when they go on journeys.

Its really big ancient greek history stuff.

Thanks.

The reunion between Penelope and Odysseus is pretty clearly about more than just sex or procreation.

damn straight

He was a hero of the Trojan War, who didnt offer a sacrifice to Poseidon (Greek God of the Sea) before his return home. Poseidon got pissed off and blew his and he men's boat off-course, resulting in an epic journey to get home, which takes him 20 years. Then he slaughters everyone who tried to marry his wife.

Its all told in The Odyssey, an epic poem by Homer.

Thanks m8

>implying she wasn't taking kilometers of islander cock until he arrived and she invented that story about staying chaste

What about oedipus ya cunt

Yes, but Apollo and Zeus are gods.

How can you be so wrong?

You could pretend thats what happened if you like, but Penelope is shown to be the most virtuous woman in the Homeric Epics....

>wife remains celibate
>he's off banging chicks left and right
Penelope got cucked.

The journey takes 10 years, the Trojan war lasts 10 years all in all 20.

Bullshit liberal fag propaganda

Its a greek tale, of course somebody had to get cucked

Every reference to either Menaleus or Ares mentions that they fuck

Ah, my mistake, thanks for the correction

>reading Greekshit propaganda

Achilles literally chases Hector down because he killed his male lover

He probably tire of men after a long long voyage.

so the next female that he met he fucked

Gays hate bisexuals even more than straights do, retard.

this is unfounded, not say it is wrong, there just is not enough evidence to say whether that is true or not, so to assert is as true is disingenuous

what you are saying is true but not in the way that you think, men loved men more than they loved women but it had nothing to do with sex, brotherly bonds and the bonds between soldiers was considered, in most warrior societies really, to be a greater bond than that between a man and a woman, though they did still value that relationship greatly

I bet he fugged his son at least once
It's a father's duty

motherfucker

>Herakles

He liked boys but he also married and had many female lovers. At best bi, tho arguably fucking traps isn't gay at all.

>Achilles

Literally no evidence he was gay, again he was married and famously fell out with Agamemnon over a girl.

I'm at work so I don't have my copy in front of me, but seriously, go look at what Thetis says to try to comfort her son in book 24, after he's killed Hector and is still crying over Patrokles's body. "It's a fine thing to sleep with women too" is about as explicit as you can get that they had a sexual relationship.

>arguably fucking traps isn't gay at all
Why does this meme refuse to die?

Citation very much needed, she says nothing of the sort in my edition.

ask your autism

>brotherly bonds and the bonds between soldiers was considered, in most warrior societies really, to be a greater bond than that between a man and a woman,
well we still do

Again, I'm at work, so I don't have it in front of me, but I use the version in the Great Books of the Western World, which uses Samuel Butler's translation.

And I would point out that the nearest literary source in time to the Iliad, Aeschylus, explicitly identifies Achilles and Patrokles as Eromenos and Erastes; and the Symposium refers to it, even if the play itself is lost.

That's awfully convenient for you. Just admit you're lying and save me the bother of replying further to you.

Wow, you're retarded.

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book24.html

>“My son, how long will you keep on thus grieving and making moan? You are gnawing at your own heart, and think neither of food nor of woman’s embraces
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/p/plato/p71sy/symposium.html

>Very different was the reward of the true love of Achilles towards his lover Patroclus — his lover and not his love (the notion that Patroclus was the beloved one is a foolish error into which Aeschylus has fallen, for Achilles was surely the fairer of the two, fairer also than all the other heroes; and, as Homer informs us, he was still beardless, and younger far).

>>“My son, how long will you keep on thus grieving and making moan? You are gnawing at your own heart, and think neither of food nor of woman’s embraces

That's a long way from your original claim. Also LOL at you suggesting Aeschylus or Plato are worth anything as sources on a story written centuries before either was born.

She's encouraging her son to go fuck a girl as a way of getting over Patrokles's death. That was my original claim and I've stuck to it, and the text is pretty explicit about it.

>Also LOL at you suggesting Aeschylus or Plato are worth anything as sources on a story written centuries before either was born.

It is quite literally the closest literature drawing from the Iliad. What exactly would be "worth anything as a source"? Your hairy asshole? And if they're so wrong, why DOES the interaction of Patrokles and Achilles mirror the Erastes-Eromenos bond so well?

>She's encouraging her son to go fuck a girl as a way of getting over Patrokles's death.

No, she's commenting on the depth of his grief. The only thing that's explicit ITT is your stupidity.

>And if they're so wrong, why DOES the interaction of Patrokles and Achilles mirror the Erastes-Eromenos bond so well?

Because the love between comrades in arms is a central theme of Illiad, perhaps? Or where Odysseus and Diomedes or Ajax and Little Ajax gay lovers too?

>Because the love between comrades in arms is a central theme of Illiad, perhaps?

I see you haven't read the first line either.

>Sing, O goddess, the anger of Achilles son of Peleus, that brought countless ills upon the Achaeans. Many a brave soul did it send hurrying down to Hades, and many a hero did it yield a prey to dogs and vultures, for so were the counsels of Jove fulfilled from the day on which the son of Atreus, king of men, and great Achilles, first fell out with one another.

>Or where Odysseus and Diomedes or Ajax and Little Ajax gay lovers too?

There's nothing to support it.

Meanwhile, you have passages like this.

>With this he led them forward, and bade them sit on seats covered with purple rugs; then he said to Patroclus who was close by him, “Son of Menoetius, set a larger bowl upon the table, mix less water with the wine, and give every man his cup, for these are very dear friends, who are now under my roof.”

>Patroclus did as his comrade bade him; he set the chopping-block in front of the fire, and on it he laid the loin of a sheep, the loin also of a goat, and the chine of a fat hog.

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book9.html

>Thus did they fight about the ship of Protesilaus. Then Patroclus drew near to Achilles with tears welling from his eyes, as from some spring whose crystal stream falls over the ledges of a high precipice. When Achilles saw him thus weeping he was sorry for him and said, “Why, Patroclus, do you stand there weeping like some silly child that comes running to her mother, and begs to be taken up and carried — she catches hold of her mother’s dress to stay her though she is in a hurry, and looks tearfully up until her mother carries her — even such tears, Patroclus, are you now shedding.

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/homer/h8i/book16.html

Now show me another pair of heroes in the Iliad where one so clearly subordinates himself to the other.

You're a fucking idiot. If Achilles was a homo, why didn't Thetis suggest the love of another boy? If Achilles and Patroclus were lovers, why did Homer mention both of them fucking numerous women during the Illiad, and never so much as caressing one another?

If you saw/smelled how disgusting pussy must've been before razors existed you'd rather stick it in a bumbum too

>You're a fucking idiot. If Achilles was a homo,

I never said that. Did they actually teach reading at whatever school you went to?

I said that Achilles and Patroclus are Erastes and Eromenos. Stop thinking in modern sexual mores. It's quite clear that they were both bisexual by modern standards, since each of them fuck women (in fact together).

>If Achilles and Patroclus were lovers, why did Homer mention both of them fucking numerous women during the Illiad, and never so much as caressing one another?

Because he's too busy going over the tutor/tuteleage aspect of the relationship, which is the primary part of it anyway. Why do you think all the Greeks immediately came to the same conclusion, that they were Eromenos and Erastes, only arguing which held which role, since Achilles combines dominance and skill with youth, mixing the two?

>Why do you think all the Greeks immediately came to the same conclusion, that they were

They didn't.

Long before the troyan war, Menetius gave away Patroclus to Peleus because Patroclus killed a guy (accidentally, according to patroclus) and Peleus made him squire to aquilles, ergo, he WAS achilles subordinate.

As far as i know, there's a lot of evidence that says that Patroclus and aquilles shared a deep loving bond, but nothing sexual.

I even remember from the illiad they both slept with diferent woman on opposites sides of the room.

In another passage, aquilles dreams about the ghost of patroclus and wants to hug him, but thats it.

Fraternal love =/= gaysecs

Wouldnt you want to hug your brother or a close friend one last time if he had died, user?

Sorry but there's no evidence (at least on the illiad) that they were sexually attracted to each other.

Sorry if bad english

Right on all accounts.

And the Greeks didn't think they were gay either.

>She's encouraging her son to go fuck a girl as a way of getting over Patrokles's death.

OK, now take the logic that extracts 'you should fuck a girl now that you can't fuck Patrocles' from the girl part, and apply it to the parallel structure dealing with food. Clearly, Achilles never ate food because he was too busy eating Patrocles.

Confirmed: aquilles' diet based only in patrocles' cum was the source of all his power.

Achilles... Akhilles
Achilleus... Akhilleus

Never seen anybody spell it with a Q before, though.
Just makes my brain read 'Aquilas'

I fucked up. Spanish is my native lenguaje.
In spanish is written : Aquiles

>In spanish is written : Aquiles
Oh, well, good to know.

He did kidnap a troyan prince out of lust.

Are you retarded? What about Penelope? And he had a son (Telemachus) so they def fucked. And he was pissed af when he got home.

kys op.

The real tragedy of the Odyssey is that Penelope remained faithful while Odysseus basically was unfaithful, whether he intended to.

That is what the OP says. He was heterosexual...

what are you saying user???

Husbands were never expected to be 'faithful' to their wives in antiquity, though.

You're applying modern standards of morality to a poem composed 3000 or more years ago.

Im confirmed retard, assumed OP was stupid af.

Am stupid af.

Forgive me allah

homosexuality in ancient greece was almost exclusive to the upper class

So not much different from today?

He wasn't

Oh right!
But he didnt kidnap him.
Achilles fell in love with him because of his beauty but the troyan prince rejected him so achilles killed him lol i guess that proves achilles had a thing for bois

When was that in the Iliad?

Nope that's why marx was against it

It's not.
I guess it was from the "ciprias" the poem of troyan cicle that narrates the events before the illiad and the first 9 years of war againts the trojans. In our time this poem (as most of the troyan cicle) is lost.
But aparently Dare Frigio wrote on the VI a.c "De excidio troiae historia", a traslation about to latin from a greek book that narrated the troyan war.
This was the book that narrated in the medieval times about the troyan war.
My guess is that Frigio had access to many poems that are lost to us and just writted a book summarizing everything.
The boi was called "troilo" if you want to look about it.

Kind of sad that the only two peoms that remains in our times from the troyan cycle is the illiad and the oddysey ( and the eneid, if you count it).

Again sorry if bad english

Holy shit my english sucks. Sorry kek

I've been told by a few people that the Greeks are predisposed with a greater chance to be gay. They all called it The Greek Curse.

Ancient Homosexuality =/= Modern Homosexuality

There is no Greek that would define himself as a homosexual. Most of the mythological and historical figures that were defined as "homosexuals" had female lover and sired children, including Achilles.

This has been hijakced by the LGBT movement to justify their existence.

>The Greek Curse

Thanks user. I didnt want to sleep tonight anyway.

it's good enough, you are clearly making an effort. Most Americans are dicks about learning English as a matter of privilege; we just don't need to learn anything else to communicate with people because you all learn English.

anyone who has learned or has tried to learn a second tongue should be aware of how difficult it can be once you get into forming actual paragraphs and expressing thoughts about pederasty. I respect you user

Well thats unexpected from this site.

Thanks bro