SAAB DOES CRAZY DONUTS EDITION

>Discord: discord.gg/013eqIytYCivV3rVE

>LAST THREAD:

SUPERCAR SATURDAYS MINI MEET PHOTOS
imgur.com/a/Hil9o

>SNAAB SAVES A 67 YENKO
youtu.be/1KHoZeExPIE

>JOIN THE ROSTER
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SRJy8WaIZH6CcHBdf5gXXMCX8VTIbrd2HrS1anN_h6g/edit?usp=sharing

>ZELLO - IN CAR WALKIE TALKIE
zello.me/k/ewmEB

>NEXT MEET PLANNED FOR AUGUST 27TH
>GOING TO BE A DINNER AND CRUISE 8PM - MIDNIGHT
>DRIVING DOWN LAKESHORE DRIVE
>LOCATION STILL UNDECIDED - TELL US WHERE YOU WANT TO EAT

>OTHER CHICAGOLAND AUTOMOTIVE EVENTS
August 13th: Baltria Vintage Car Show
August 19th: Peoria Friday Night Lights
August 21st: United Projects Milwaukee End of Summer Show, South WI. Car Show
August 30th: Windy City Corvette Show
Volo Auto Museum

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/5726676911.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It has been proven that the smell of freshly starting smokey engines can improve your mental health by an amount! You won't BELIEVE the other benefits it has!

>dat smell

>ywn own a yenko

Autism: The photo

Which one, there's a bunch

fuck those donuts look good

Page 9 rescue!

>It should have the amperage
>It was made before they moved manufacturing

AUTISM

it's Veeky Forums what do you expect
calm down nigger

Ah, I miss this little stinker.

How the fuck are we gonna hit lakeshore if we can't park to eat because it's the city

drive out to it after?

Need some help. Out in Dekalb.

02 TDI golf

Just got downpipe with straight pipe out the back.

Now whenever I got over 50mph, I hear a tsk tsk tsk sound coming from drivers front tire. Any help?

Is the exhaust just rattling? It sounds like a coke can is stuck above a tore and is rubbing on it.

there shouldn't be any issues like that if your downpipe was installed along the same brackets as your original exhaust.

what i would assume is that whoever bolted it up to the frame must have missed a hanger, and a piece of your exhaust is banging against the frame at high speeds

put it up on a lift and find out

Going to check it out tomorrow.

There's a random light, popping/ringing sound while idling with the hood popped. Almost like popcorn.

Worried its a timing Chain knocking around...

Just put in:
>stage 2 clutch
>rear brakes pads, rotors and calipers
>starter
>exhaust

Check for if there's any brackets knocking around.
And drop me a line on the Discord or wherever, I'm right out there in DeKalb.

bump

and another

when you say popping sound, is this after it's been driven and up to temperature? it's probably the standard sound metal makes as it cools. crystalline matrices rearranging or whatever.

>he saved a yenko

based.

Yenko with the world's shittiest battery

corolla, civic, fit, or impreza? gotta buy a car for school/work

also, how was the meet at barrington? i was working.

was fun tbqh
tons of rare and fast cars. we all walked around together and took photos and sperged out and made fun of normies.

get a civic. honda a good. it's gonna rust to shit so buy a beater. every car on your list will.

Inner-city? I would recommend a stream of never-ending shitboxes. Knowing Chicago's salting patter of DUMP ALL THE SALT ALL THE TIME EVERY WHERE anything is going to rust to shit immediately.

Well, I would say that it depends on your priorities in life. Even with the salt most cars won't completely rust away until you've had it for like... 20+ years. My parent's LS400 and Dodge Caravan had major rust issues around various spots of the car - but they were also from 1990 and 1997 (respectively).

If you can do some maintenance work and you don't have to worry terribly much about downtime without a car, buying a never end stream of shitboxes is always the cheapest option. It comes down to how much you value your time and how much you're willing to pay for an improved quality of life. A new car is going to have modern conveniences and generally be more comfortable/drive better because all the bushings and mounts haven't rotted away and the chassis hasn't been subjected to a decade of metal fatigue.

In my case I think I'm going to aim for the middle ground. I'm going to get a nice, practical, fun car like a WRX or a Fiesta ST new (or close to new) and then drive it for as long as I can.

The initial and overall cost is going to be higher, but once it's paid off there is benefit of knowing more or less the entire history of the car and then doing basic maintenance and minor work myself.

(So close to quads...) That's the ticket. There's nothing more frustrating than chasing around a suspension or steering clonk or pull and repeatedly hearing that everything's tightened up only to find that the problem hasn't been addressed in the slightest, and then figure out that it was because of something dumb.

If I wasn't out in Virginia, I would have shown up in my green-machine.
Hope you guys have fun.

Also, the best donuts are from Country Donuts in Elgin.

holy fucking shit what a beast
is that military vehicle street legal

False, the best donuts are from Do-Rite donuts in the loop

>not stan's

GUYS GIMME UR OPINIONS
next meet august 28th

we meet at Galloping Ghost in Brookville
400 game arcade $15 play all day
they have an initial D cabinet

we meet there, get dinner at some point, then bail at 10pm or so for a drive down lower wacker and LSD

THOUGHTS?

sounds bueno

Dinkles or get the fuck out of here.

why do we go back
why not leave at 7 for dinner and drive then

It sure is. Gets special camo plates and everything. It's also cheaper than car registration ($100 vs $101).

That place is cool, if you like arcades. Been there twice, its a bit depressing tho.

What speed does it top out at

The listed maximum speed on the transfer case is 63 mph, but some people have taken them to 65+ mph. I've never pushed it past 60 mph, just to be safe.

what do you mean by depressing?

I'm in fo sho.

that's fucking terrifying why the fuck would you do that

I am not sure why anyone would want to, especially considering 11 tons of steel is not something you want to lose control of.

I'm all for it. There's craptons of good (enough) shit to eat nearby, and if we bail at 10pm we'll have pretty much no traffic to deal with anywhere.

i mean if you hit something i'm sure you'll be fine. whatever you hit, probably not.

Cute volv bru

Thanks famalam. It is the ever-elusive S40 T5 with AWD.

>automatic
can't have everything i guess

was literally the first s40 on CL, based Seattle

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/5726676911.html

oh shit

Nioce, and it's a manual too. The S40 is a plucky little car, with some really excellent handling in winter conditions. Even with the stock turbo you can hear some whine and exhale. I would love to get the K16 and a dual port CBV for some extra power and sound.

I think Discord just broke, I can't message on any server.

Rescuing from page 10 by saying Discord is working now

Good save. Also, check'd.

I'd be down

Well, it's another night bordering on 3am and I haven't been able to keep down anything but water. Happy Friday/Saturday, hooray...