Car in the passing lane is going the same speed as the car in the right lane

>car in the passing lane is going the same speed as the car in the right lane

Other urls found in this thread:

mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw lane splitting

>tfw pretend to cut off a biker and watch him brake and almost wreck

There is nothing wrong with this if the person in the left lane isn't doing under the speed limit.

Learn to manage your time like an adult if you can't get from point A to B without breaking traffic laws.

Obvious troll but

>Common practice and most law on United States highways is that the left lane is reserved for passing and faster moving traffic, and that traffic using the left lane must yield to traffic wishing to overtake. Evidence exists demonstrating the efficiency of this practice.

Euro here. How is that logical?

So speed limits do not apply in the left lane in America? Can I argue that I was simply obeying the left lane law if I were to pulled over for doing 20 kph over the limit while driving in the left lane.

why would you be in the left lane in the first time if you're doing the same speed as the guys in the right lane ?

The person in the right lane could be doing under the speed limit, in which case it would make sense to pass them.

Please answer my original question: If I were to be pulled over in the left lane for speeding, can I argue that I was simply obeying the left lane laws? If not, how much over the limit can I speed in the left lane? 10 mph? 15 mph? 20 mph?

it's a pretty american thing to recognize that laws aren't concrete and in times need to be broken in the right circumstances

>Euro
>logic
How are Merkel's multiculti children treating you?

It works as long as everyone else in the lane at the time has the sense to do the same. Not necessarily legal, but safe enough within reason. Road rules are in place for the slowest and most inept of drivers, and plenty of extras are thrown in for a bit of revenue raising.

You'd be a bit of a lunatic going 200 down the overtaking lane in a 100 zone, but 120 really isn't that unmanageable and quite normal to see.

case in point. it would be unsafe for both lanes to be traveling at exactly the same speed, and it makes more sense for the left lane to be allowed to travel faster than the limit to pass and generally keep traffic flowing. to think that people would follow speed limits when they're always conservative would be asinine

the actual laws generally state that you can only be in the left lane for a specific distance and while you are passing, it doesn't matter if the left lane driver is speeding or not, If you're blocking the left lane you're breaking the law, unless there is a police officer on the shoulder, then it is illegal to not be in the left lane in some cases. but again all 50 states have different laws on the matter, so who the fuck knows.

>person coming up from behind you going faster
>they just pace you in your blind spot
>they just sit there and there is slower moving traffic coming up that you would like to pass
>speed up and get in front of them to pass trucks and everything
>get back in right lane
>they just hover in your blind spot again

>mfw driving my slowmobile on cruise control going 5mph slower than the semi in front of me, completely ignoring the rest of traffic while everyone hurries and passes me

This guy gets it
I think other than the semi trucks i've passed a total of maybe a dozen people over the past 10k miles. Right lane 4 lyfe.

You should go at the same speed of the semi and just stay on his ass for the extra mpgee

>not following the arbitrary number on the side of the road is not being an adult
w
e
w

Actually, it's illegal to stay in the left lane if you're no longer passing other traffic in most US states, and in most states this is regardless of the speed limit.

mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

>doing 75 in left lane, right lane is full of trucks and mergers
>some bitch in a honda with fucking car eyelashes comes up behind me at +5 mph
>match speed with right lane to prevent her from passing

Nah this is the tricky loophole for us drivers. Really if everyone on all lanes were going the speed limit (say 65), and you hop in the left-most lane to pass, cops should let you by for anything

>semi trying to overtake another semi

This happened frequently on narrower sections of the autobahn where they're doing well under the speed limit and they're only going 1-2kph faster than the traffic to the right. Incredibly annoying.

Are you one of the car-less Euros?

Translation for someone who can't read moonrunes?

Lel I hate those fuckers who ride your shoulder instead of passing

>people driving in the fast lane with open road in front of them and a queue of traffic behind them
If you can't keep up with traffic, let people overtake instead of forcing them to illegally undertake you

i cant read Arabic.