So this is... the new civic..... type r

so this is... the new civic..... type r...

... damn....

I want it bad.

>F W D
>W
>D

huh, looks like generic econobox #74

ebin you guys, simply EBIN...

is that a Veloster?

guys stop pretending
the type r magic is fucking gone
im not an idiot who shits on fwd
but don't pretend this type r is anything worthy

That's the worst color possible for that red trim. Why didn't they do it in the traditional white with red interior instead of this shit?

because its not a real type r and never will be

>200 hp

>call it a hatchback
>has 4 doors
>call it a type r
>just a family sedan that's "tuned"
>no ecoboost

This is the Honda we live with today

>fwd

look at all that fucking rice.

I'm not memeing when I say this, I genuinely think it looks like pigfat overdesigned trash.

I miss when Civics were small, simple, and attractive. Pic related

>*340 hp

Guess I'll be sticking with my 8th gen SI

also source

This looks nothing like the winged monstrosity in Championship White in all of the busrider threads. Fuck's sake, Honda, where is the rice?

It does look like a bigger veloster.

>any date/time
>thinking civics are good

its not rice if its functional

wtf i hate civic now

I like it... Not in the blue, but if it came in the Championship White with red recaros, 6 Speed, and atleast 300 hp.

Id buy one.

>Veeky Forums hates modern cars
>Only unless it's snek, mustang or civic

>4 doors
For what purpose?

Why is there so much unnecessary plastic bullshit everywhere?

God damn, why can't they just make a clean turbo 2.0 sedan.

Nope. most of us hate the new civic too.

>why can't they just make a clean turbo 2.0 sedan.
because gubmint

Does it have RWD?
No? It doesn't?
Then I don't care.

Lol dude weed.

You can outrun the cartels with all your shit """friends""" in one vic with minimal expenses.

Its also okay off road, has a skid plate.

To fit mo hoes

lmao this fag

Found the FF cuck.

lmao i have more rwd than fwd
i bet you drive a crown vic and are fat and have a beard

narcos drive lifted trucks. your not going to outrun pablo and his machete in a crown vic or civic for that matter

wew lad.

That's ugly.

Gotta reach that government mandated drag coefficient

also muh safety

This is just a shitty photoshop, there have been sightings of test mules but they had spoilers. no one knows what the new type R will look like yet.

>Civic Euro-R

Might aswell get pic related at this point.

>might as well get a slower, uglier car at this point

>that shitty grill plastic everywhere
>FWD
>i4

No thanks.

Looks like an abortion on wheels.

That's fucking hideous. I would not buy that.

pretty sure that's an Accord?

This thread isn't about your punto

Moron

BTFO

I like the coupe. Fight me m8s.

That looks horrible.

Pic related was the last good one. The FK2 is also nice but too ricey like

Nothing to fight you on, the coupe is great. Just wish the rest of the lineup was as good.

I could see the hatch growing on me after seeing it in different trims and colors, but it would've looked so much better as a 3 door with a shortened wheelbase. Already looks better than the sedan, though.

At what point did Honda change from clean, confident lines to Kia-lookalike? Did they have a change in management?

The sad part is that that one, the FN2, still looks miles cleaner than what OP posted.

Looks like they're going for the aggressive design.

If I had the money for the FK2, I'd still get one without a doubt.

I'm convinced that a lot of modern car designs are some big inside joke, because many of them objectively look like shit, yet no one says anything and everyone goes along with them. I'm mean really, how does not a single person on a design team for something like this not think "this looks like shit?"

I really don't get it. it's like buying a turd, and knowing it's a turd but you say that you like the looks of it and lie to yourself and everyone around you. Older civics look way better than new, fat ones. Yet Civic owners don't say shit and allow Honda to get away with shit designs.

Why don't people care?

>Yet Civic owners don't say shit and allow Honda to get away with shit designs.
answered your own question. I always think "damn these things are ugly" but you know what? People eat this shit up. We're the weird ones, not them.

I think it's more that people still buy them because despite the looks, Civics are good cars. It will be no different for this new generation.

I think it's the design teams who got expensive degrees and come up with stupid concepts they use to justify an overall ugly design. All those marketing buzzwords and design lingo talking about how these angles inspire an agressive feeling and that curve evokes feelings of global unification and bullshit like that.

Your car looks like a transformer with a birth defect that fell face first into a pile of chrome bits and angular black plastic. just look at all the shit going on in this one section

newsflash
aero isnt pretty

yeah well the red striping everywhere looks terrible too. Hopefully Honda does better than whoever photoshopped this poor civic

Shit.

how am i supposed to know its a type r if it's not a massive sedan with red trim and very angry eyes with a curb weight of over 3,000 pounds and a turbo engine
wait a minute

oh bullshit. Why do you even have a degree if you can't make something look good

because its meant to go fucking fast? why compromise aero for you?

I actually love the new design of the 10th gen and hope more cars follow suit in the future.

There are many cars that go much faster than this POS and look much better. Stop acting like Honda has some hidden technique of aerodynamics

What cars are faster? Tell me.

Focus RS, Golf R? It looks better too, this is coming from a Honda guy.

Although we can't really say what is faster until the new Type R comes out.

Proof?

>the Honda Civic is the fastest vehicle on earth
- user

I never said that. Nice strawman

How can I give proof when the car isn't even out yet?

They have comparable stats though, and again, this whole thread is speculation, OP's pic isn't the Type R, just a photoshopped Civic

why are you so mad that it's ugly?

I'm just gonna pretend you did, because taken any other way you're pretty dumb m8

FUCKING PROVE IT
I mean
I want Honda again
IDIOT
Turbo engines
massive heavy car
Fuck you idiot user idiot idiot idiot idiot BAKA BAKAB AKBAKA BAKA BAKA

prove what?

I'm honestly confused now

I'm convinced Honda and Nissan are in competition with each other to design the worlds ugliest car

>How can I give proof when the car isn't even out yet?

So then why say those two cars are faster in the first place you fucking moron?

By the way, both those cars are slower than the current type R. The new one may be ugly, but I don't know why you'd assume it's suddenly become slowly.

you're right, the Honda is faster, because aero

The other cars are comparable, and don't look like you dropped a magnet in the scrap metal bucket, in fact, they look great.

Nice WRX

The current Type R looks sexy as fuck imo, better than the other two even though I like their looks as well. The new one may be ugly, but I'd imagine the rumored new 340hp engine would increase the performance gap ahead of those two further.

>new 340hp engine
it's not new, just more power

Even if that's true, 340hp is going to be faster than 310hp from the same engine.

So angry it looks like half the Lexus fell off.

no argument here, i just wish there was some journalistic integrity

Sedan looks a bit better in person. But thats about it.

>he can't deal with superior Giugiaro design

recaros yes.
6 speed yes
340hp
buy one.

honestly, that looks like pure garbage

I can dig it

ew

>implying the thing in OPs pic looks better than the jetta

I think it looks good, but a little too big for a civic.

>pigfat
>no rear independent suspension
It's a disgrace to type r's

looks disgusting.
Mabey if they got rid of all that useless rice bullshit they could use the extra money to make a better car.

Wait is this not an accord? Really? They're calling that a Type R?
Cmon Honda. It should be half that size, and a proper hatchback. None of this Veloster bullshit.

But the shame is clean, right? It's not too extreme.

shape*

it still weighs under 3000 lbs, with a full interior

that picture makes it look twice the size that it actually is

>under 3000lbs
>good
It should be sub-2500 at the least.
And a Type R should be at least a little barebones.

times are changing kiddies.

no one wants a spartan sedan that crumples under any sort of impact when they can add on a few hundred pounds and have safety, comfort, all the same fun, and even more speed

seriously, the old civics sucked until you invested a few thousand into them. at least the modern ones have been fun out of the box