Accidentally downshift from 5th into 2nd thinking it's 4th

>accidentally downshift from 5th into 2nd thinking it's 4th

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHNrFl1t9-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How user?

I went from 4th to 2nd thinking it was 3rd.

Hopefully you could feel the revs as soon as your left foot moved an inch

man, you eurocucks must have literal shitboxes, all the manuals i've driven have a feature that if you're over a certain speed, it won't let you go down a gear until you lower your speed. shocking i know.

were you driving an older lambo or some shit?

>shift into 1st
>it's actually 3rd

No, you haven't.

Holy shit source?

Haven't seen a car blow up that explosively besides strung out drag car engines.

NASCAR this weekend at watkins glen

youtube.com/watch?v=yHNrFl1t9-8

>be me
>driving in le manuel like an autistic fuck
>in 3rd gear driving 35mph (that's 56kph for your eurocucks)
>have to take a right turn
>try shifting to 2nd still doing ~35mph
>shifter won't settle into 2nd
>transmission is like, super smart, and won't implode itself like dumbasses do in europe apparently
>slow down to ~25mph and shifter settles into 2nd gear with 0 problems
>make turn happily to enjoy my freedom burger and drink
whatever you say.

Your synchros are fucked m8

>that time I went 3-2 on accident at 250 rpm away from red line

>thinks the synchros are fucked
sure man... sure. it shifts just fine, guess i'm terrible at explaining why it won't downshift when you're going super fast.

My mustang has it. It gives you some resistance depending on how fast your going and makes a whine if you're really about to fuck up.

the cure to misshifts

Because you're not rev matching and just tearing up the brass

not necessarily if he didn't revmatch it should give some feedback to try and make you realize it

synchros are shot

>moving fire truck at work
>start off in first gear
>brainfart.flac
>shift to where second should be
>why won't this shit go in
>oh that's right
>find the real second gear and keep going

fucking international. pic related.

That kind of shit is my worst nightmare. A couple times I've driven a dog leg manual with a short shifter, the physical pain I felt when accidentally going from third to reverse heading to a stoplight made me want to never drive again.

Of course it didn't actually break anything because those gears didn't mesh and I didn't let out the clutch but that noise led me to believe I had not done that car a service

why not a sequential shifter

>Sawyer said that Cope's No. 70 had made contact with another car one or two laps before the incident, causing a vibration and brake issue on his car's right-front corner. When his brake pedal started to lose its effect, Cope indicated he was looking for a place to pull off the course.

>The contact broke the brake caliper where it attached to the spindle, Sawyer said, creating excessive heat to melt the bead on the right-front tire's inner sidewall.

>"As soon as the vehicle comes to a stop, you've got all that radiant heat and it's just sitting there at the soft point of the sidewall, which is where it basically explodes," Sawyer said.

>Shifting into 5th instead of 3rd

>35 mph
>super fast
My second gear tops out at 65 mph, what the fuck?
>>>/dbt/

>My second gear tops out at 65 mph, what the fuck?
I thought most transmisions were like this in order to max out that 0-60 by having one less shift.

At least that is what Veeky Forums told me.

>Accidentally tap throttle instead of brake when coming out of a servo as several cars coming from lights to my right

lol wtf

Where's the car crash/structural failure thread?

Whos this lying fuck?

Lol thats the same layout as my massey tractor the fuck

>accidentally went from D to P when shifting to R

>needs a computer to babysit his foot

I guarantee I will still find a way to fuck this up..

>try to go from 2 to 3 by reflex
>pull down and go from 2 to R
>gearbox flies through cabin
>shit eating grin as passers-by are catching pieces of cogs

ITT american driving skill

Almost everyone in europe can drive stick without s problem. Even the stupidest chicks

>accidentally start in third instead of first
>doesn't even rattle because because 3:91 gears and V8

man this is absolute shit, it's basically keeping you from being able to engine brake, I'd like to see you do a fucking mountain decent without burning your brakes

very relevant captcha for once

>americans are so bad at driving they literally need a computer to babysit their gear shifts

>granny shifting not double clutching you should

>Not being able to be in second gear at 35mph for better engine control/acceleration
>This is "smart" and somehow acceptable

thats not some sort of special feature... thats just the sound of the synchros trying to work being their designed range

>First it was "lol that's not possible synchros shot"
>Fags now saying "lol need computer to know when to downshift"
Holy shit guys it's just an example to OP's bullshit. You eurofags will say anything to make yourselves feel like you're not wrong

>try to shift into fifth
>it's a four speed

I recall racing gearboxes are sometimes laid out like that since you only really use first for starting off and you don't have to go over for 2->3 and 3->2 shifts.

>driving beat to shit van with sloppy ass column shifter
>have to go from P to N holding the brakes then jam it back up towards P after letting off the brakes to utilize lockout and get into R

>driving drunk brother home from party before I had my license
>he drove stick, I only had basic practice in parking lots
>slowly start crawling forward trying not to stall
>get moving, getting up to speed to upshift
>confused cause I'm going 25 and the revs are only starting to get up to where I usually upshift
>look down
>started in 3rd gear

>Stop at parking lot entrance to let pedestrians by.
>Try to take off but stall on curb
>Try to take off with a little throttle but still stall on curb
>Use 4K RPM to get over the fucking curb
>MFW realising it was in 3rd
>MFW smell of hot clutch.

That's because it's a 4 speed with a granny gear. You're not supposed to use first unless you're trying to pull out a stump.

how are people this retarded?

>putting your foot on the shifter

definitely gonna need that computer tbqh