Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread: 15569602

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ford-Focus-2008/OAG-AD-12334057/?Cr=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for dead boy.

>R

Second for Jimmy is ded

Jimmy is ded

Jimmy is alive, pretty sure I saw him during a boost through the hills on the weekend. He drives an Audi now doesn't he?

According to the Lexcen guy.

Is the Lexcen guy the same as the foreskin user?

>fifth for god engine

>god of boat anchors
Still would drive a xr6t though

Jimmy made a thread the other night asking whether his "girlfriend's" Astra convertible was fucked after a coolant hose slipped off.

I was on that, SA plates and I'm almost positive that photo was taken somewhere in the hills. Could've been him

It was him, recognised the plates.

Also who else has a teal Astra convertible with a plastidipped grille and wheels in SA.

Good point. I hope he attempts an engine swap like he was told to

Jimmy is my wife's son.

>RAA Used Car Checklist
I should keep this on hand when I buy my next car.
Thankfully didn't have any issues with this Ford Focus I bought a month ago and have taken almost 1000km since.

cute :3

Astras of that era had a turbo model didn't they?

>automagic turbo Astra convertible

Mangtec turbo Astra when

Yeah the 'opel' turbo astras.
Always owned by fucking tossers too who think their shitboxes are worth a fortune

Wheres the Insurence Powered Asstro?

Anyone want a total boat?
Im looking to sell my 2002 avalon VXI in pretty grouse condition, the best looking factory wheels and the deep green colour with grey interior (not that trash light green or tan interior they also came in)
Only 120,000kms and no mechanical issues

Its a great car... Its just boring haha Ive had my time with it

Problems
One dent with no paint damage on the front quarter
One point on the bonnet where the clear coat has failed (about an inch diameter)
Factory radio died so I have a sony that looks trash in the car, it works but aesthetics are the only complaint

Picture for attention

>fwd boat
The best part about most boats is you can skid them

>get FWD gearbox out of a Grand Am or similar from US
>insert into Asstra with turbo mangtec
>????
>profit

It's not a drift car, but oh my god is it comfy for highways

>stock photo because car is at another house, this has the terrible looking hubcaps while I have decent alloys

Anyway thats enough thread hijacking, Ill leave it at that and see if anyone responds

Also, im in SE Melbourne

15 grand to spend on a car to carry 2 people 2 dogs on a regular basis. currently have V6 commy wagon. any recommendations?

which dunnydoor?

VY+ ?

Get a older dunnydoor u can bash around

VYII acclaim. have a VY calais to bash around in already so covered on that front

Im gonna get trolled for saying this but

VL-VT2 Calais??!?

V8

Do it

petrol is cheap atm, considering it
but also havent owned anything other than naturally aspirated cars and wanna try something new

VL Turbo?

Or get the R31 3.0l i6 and Swap it?!

Would make a fun project

Stagea? Or a legnum if you enjoy punishment.

EJ25T and STi transmission swap a Lesbaru Dykewagon.

Put a new Barra turbo in there and make everyone hate you

my car's front end feels shaky.
going over bumps sometimes feels rough.
had major service recently and suspension was fine.
its a small car which is a given for these things...am i being a bitch?

If it wasn't doing it before then get it checked out.

always was like it to some degree

Jack the car up and check all your bushes, balljoints, bolts and what not. It's not brain surgery to do and it could be as simple as they missed tightening a bolt

RACK IS FUCKED

>petrol is cheap atm
t. millennial who never saw sub 50cents/L abo sniff

I also never saw a minimum wage of $2 either so lucky me

Hey alco fags. Anyone want a dodgy $100 wine voucher?

you could also buy a house and land for under 10k then too.

inflation is a bitch

Forgot pic.

Dodgy since you must order 12 bottles minimum.

ayyy, hit us up nigs

I still have to pay 60, bah no thanks

this, plus it is all hipster wine.

why is auto transfluid so expensive

>need 8.5L

inb4 autoism

I probably saw that as a kid but by the time I was driving it was around 78c/L

Speaking of automatics do any of you cunts know how to disable the lockup on a 4l60e commie trans?, I didn't check it out last time I dropped the pan and it's expensive just to find out if the solenoid unhooks or not

>Is the Lexcen guy the same as the foreskin user?
i dont think so, foreskin is in QLD
but lexcen keeps posting and telling everyone to find jimmy and smash up his audi

I'm looking to get coilovers for my vy for that low fitment and less body roll when I'm swinging the car around.

Anyone have experience with BC BR coilovers? I can get them for $1200.

im currently trying to find out why my lockup isnt enabling properly in my pathy, so i cant really help, sorry.

>Trying to improve the handling of a boat
Just give up now, mate.

You can spend $10k trying and still won't be happy.

>the sparks coming off the fart cannon
stancefags every time

I dont care about handling. I just want to car somewhat level when I'm ripping skids or sliding in the rain.
But mostly for low with nice wheel fitment.

I hate stance fags, they are the most toxic people and they are pretentious. Every time I talk to one, they act like they're above me and shit.

I know it's beautiful

You might get part of the way with better suspension, but more likely you'll need to fork out for some swaybars the thickness of a horse cock to knock the worst of the roll out of a commo

I do like a good non-ruined zx, those rims are pure cancer.

You can just cut the wire that goes to the tcc solenoid. Why the fuck you would want no converter lockup is beyond me though.

>I hate stance fags, they are the most toxic people and they are pretentious. Every time I talk to one, they act like they're above me and shit.
Meet some in an area with speed bumps or hard corners. Everyone will learn who's superior pretty quickly.

kek, I live across from a shop with a steep curb and I hear crunches all the time, which makes me smile.

>non-ruined zx
They're getting very rare now, not that the 300's where very common to begin with.
I nearly bought one about 12 years ago, but they where stupid money at the time for one that wasn't fucked

nigga there are heaps of stock zx's on gumtree.

they aren't nearly as bad as supra's.

Oh after working on one, I no longer want one and they can stay right where they are

In about 5 years clean ZX will be going up in value, much like the S13 and R32 have already started to.

I don't even like them that much and i'm still planning on buying one

yea, i head they are an absolute pig to work on aswell.

any idea if the NA ones would be any easier though?

Trying to diagnose what's causing my shuddering, if it involves cutting then I'll pass unless there's enough wire to rejoin it properly

This is worst case scenario shit though

I have been looking at zx's for a while now and good clean ones range from 7-10k atm imo.

autos are cheaper than chips though.

You can just solder it back up. You should be able to activate and deactivate the tcc solenoid with a scan tool whole driving, less drastic than cutting etc

Nah they seem to like the fact that they scrape everywhere and get stuck. Like it's proof that they are so low.

But when we're actually driving, their cars are worthless. They're all just a bunch of hardparkers.

I know, I feel the pain. That's why I will continue to post the cancer that is called stance.

Shit mate I thought you were lying but you're right, autos are dirt cheap. Fuck being a man-u-tool, I'm gonna go with an automagic.

Best part is, just like soarers and chasers (where the autos are 1/2 price or less), the manual conversion isn't actually that hard or expensive.

The long time running joke is
>"Engine Out!"
For anything from an oil change to main seal. Which is a joke, but its still a hard job to work on them and theres only room for 1 x V6TT in my life at the moment... a 2nd would probably be more painful than just putting my hand on the desk and beating it with a lump mallet for 10 minutes or so. Because thats what your hands look like after!

The NA is a little more room as its ditched the intercoolers, plumbing and turbos, but its still a bit squeeze in some areas towards but there's still a lot of plumbing and typically the big problems are they like to eat alternators every 40-50,000km (regardless) and benefit a lot from an aftermarket radiator + fans to keep them cool.

my car manual suggests a stall test involving selecting various gears and trying to stall the box from putting bricks infront of the tires to isolate problem areas. maybe yours has the same?

i even saw a dealers advertisement trying to sell one for 10k, saying how rare autos were when there was at least 5 under 4k at the time.

Sweet, is the lack of fuel efficiency the only problem with no lockup?

*towards the heads on each side

At least post pics of stance shit getting fucked up like bumpers being ripped off, wheels coming off etc.

I could try it, don't even know what it stalls at or what a stall test is looking for

Worst that could happen is I end up through the fence into the neighbours yard

fair enough, I figured going for an engine similar to mine (vg33e) would be fine, but pretty much everyone i talk to say how hard it is to maintain a zx engine.

ensure the trans cooler is working effectively

General servicing is fine- same as any other jap turbo: oil + filter every 5-7000km, check fluids and all that stuff is just fine. They're actually not horrendously unreliable either.

Once you get around to something like the manifold + turbos, head gaskets, finding room for new intercooler + plumbing it gets very hurty

you have to refer to the repairers manual as it gives troublshooting info for the revs that it stalls.

does your car have obd2? sometimes that spits out codes for auto problems

fair enough, Ill keep looking at them whilst I study with no money.

Nope obd2 only came on the v8s, mine has that ancient diagnostics thing that blinks codes with the check engine light

No codes coming up at all

How are these cars? Good price?
carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ford-Focus-2008/OAG-AD-12334057/?Cr=0

are they the ones with the shuddering issue

where is the turbo?

How bad is it?
My sister in law is looking for a new car. Nothing too wild, basically wants an auto hatch ~$10k

get an auto zx

I'm sure I saw a stance fag on my trip through Adelaide, at least, the back wheels were angled strangely, the front wheels were straight.

I'd rather raise my ride height than lower, but you don't care.

>Chinese
No thanks

you're in the wrong country then

>tfw lived in the country
Hardly any minorities. Got a shock the first time I went to Melbourne.

Melbourne is fucked, mate. They imported niggers and now they're doing as niggers do.

Level up and get a liberty gt or *maybe* a wrx

So many people say Putty Road is the best in the country, I've done it a few times and would say that in some ways it is, others it isn't.

A few friends and I did it last weekend and it's roughly 170kms from Windsor to Singleton, I broke it up into 5 segments of 30kms each, thought about each segment as I drove it and broke it down.

Part 1
Mostly quite boring. It's very straight, lots of long sweepers which are taken without any lift off.
There are a couple of segments which are more interesting, nothing great, but not terrible. 2/5

Part 2
Terrible. Not a single decent corner at all. All long, very gentle sweepers. Not a single corner where you would even lift off, no S bends, no variation at all. I spent the entire time in 6th gear. 0/5

Part 3 and Part 4
Finally, this is where it gets good. While there are boring segments, it's full off plenty of great corners, S bends a plenty, inclines and declines, corners where you brake hard into, nice little lift off corners, lots of 3rd gear, some 2nd. Bloody brilliant.

Part 5
Start of part 5 is a continuation of 3/4 but that's pretty much it, then it all straightens out as it's the end of Putty.

The great parts of Putty are sensational and possibly the best driving in the country, the problem is you need to traverse 60kms of very average road to get to the decent segment. This is AFTER you've made it all the way to Windsor then to the start of the road.
For me, IMO Old Pac is a better overall road. It misses the huge stretches of boredom, you can run up and back before you've even gotten to the start of Putty.

NA is a slow boat

>DANGER TO MANIFOLD

If you want interesting, go up to Mt Barker from Adelaide. Make it interesting: Go round Devil's Elbow and pass the Eagle on the Hill.

Putty is ok, I've not done it in a while as for a time it was full of cops, there was also the 'fun time' a friend binned his 400kw 180sx over a cliff and started a huge fire... god that was a long day!
Parts of the Snowy Mt Hwy are pretty good in spots, just turn back before you get to Das Victoria

Personally- the Oxley Hwy run between Long Flat and Gingers Creek is pretty mad- you go from sea level up to about 1000m through some insane twisties and sub-tropical rainforest.
Problem is its often full of faggot boomers on harleys blubbering along on weekends.