Is the only reason manual transmissions get faster 0-60s than autos because of launching?

Is the only reason manual transmissions get faster 0-60s than autos because of launching?

Ive been driving a manual for about 1 month now after driving an automatic for 2 years and it seems like aside from launching, auto trannys are able to shift much faster than what is humanly faster to do so on a manual.

Almost every car made today with both manual and automatic transmissions are faster with the automatic transmission.

The only time a manual will be faster is if the current production car comes with a CVT or older 4/5 speed auto because those are shit transmissions

Auto is faster in pretty much any performance car. Obviously econobox garbage need not apply

Powertrain loss in (torque converter) automatics is more than manuals.

Auto is faster in the quarter and pretty much always has been. Manual is much better for everything else.

Why does the pic say black on blonde and the girl is a brunette ?
Modern auto are faster at everythings
Just look the two times of the corvette on motortrend

why do all the autism/o/s obsess about manual trannys then?

I find that autos aren't good enough at predicting my actions. I prefer manual, as I know when I want to change gears.

Most of us have econoboxes or old cars in wich manual while being cheaper are better inalmost every way
Plus it's fun

Manual is more engaging and fun even if it's slower in some areas

Niggers are colorblind?

You said it your self. Autism

>Ive been driving a manual for about 1 month now after driving an automatic for 2 years and it seems like aside from launching, auto trannys are able to shift much faster than what is humanly faster to do so on a manual.

Certain top end manuals are much quicker in shifting due to short shifters, better syncrhos and less and more beefy dog gears.

Most run of the mill manuals aren't built to shift quickly, but merely built enough to take the demands of day to day driving.

this also

Lol no up until the last decade apples to apples the auto versions of cars were anywhere from a tenth to a whole two seconds slower than their manual versions to 60.

The auto FRS is still slower than the manual version.

Yes there were performance transmissions, and built autos, like powerglide that out ran manuals on the dragstip but your average sports car did not come with those transmissions, and they wouldn't be easy to daily drive either.

Its only recently with TCU units, lock up torque converters and more gears that autos have surpassed most manuals in terms of speed and MPGs

Hum no they have different color for their gang
It must be somethings else

is she being ejected from some place by security?
why is she so happy about it?

bbc

I've driven auto and manual frs and holy shit the manual is so much more peppy

she's been ejected from the british broadcasting corporation's premises? whay did she do?

If /b/ or /pol/ was here they'd be screaming cuck, but to the topic it's only the power loss from torque converters that really cause this when you compare similar class trannys. Lockouts/DCTs and more gears change the game though

Punched a producer

this is a big reason 2bh. manual--you can anticipate the road and downshift in ways autos don't.

Jiggaboos are stupid?

>posting cuckshit on Veeky Forums

BTFO racetraitor

I have a auto car but im getting manual soon because i enjoy the feeling of interacting more with a car

it's just fun to drive dude

>I'm shit at driving manual, why do manual suck.
Nigger, you drive an econobox and only for a month.

And it really depends, some performance autos are better than performance manuals. Generally non performance autos lag behind non performance manuals, reasons being power loss and other shit.

A lot of it comes down to training. And that's what makes manual fun, the same thing that makes lack of traction control, rwd and all that shit fun. It's all down to me and my skills.

In case you didn't know this, but this is an auto enthusiast board, we like having fun with cars.

why do you hate white women so much that you want them to be deprived of the superior bbc and have them settle for second best?

she looks like a "white" mexican anyway
like George Lopezs daughter