In the market for a winter daily, not putting the S2000 through that shit again

In the market for a winter daily, not putting the S2000 through that shit again.
I cant seem to find anything decent though, so I wanna see what you guys think. Must be
>$3-5k
>awd or rwd
>Preferably manual
>Reliable (that crosses out German)
Id prefer a sedan but id take a suv, truck or coupe if it fits the other criteria.

Volvo 240. It's built for those conditions.

>AWD or RWD
>owns an s2000
welp, OP is a shithead

95 suzuki samurai. It's cheap and you wont have to worry about destroying it.

S2000 with Blizzak WS80's and a hardtop.

>not putting the S2000 through that shit again.

Why not?

Take that extra money buy a hardtop and a set of snow tires and youre good to go.

>suzuki samurai
literally the cutest car of all time

Did you guys consider ground clearance?

Though coil overs you can lift on might solve the issue

Ive done 5 winters and even ice racing in this thing. Lots of fun sliding it around but where I live salts the shit out the roads and im afraid its starting to get that Honda cancer. Im still gonna take it out in fresh snow to hoon around in but I need something to take that daily salt abuse

>Implying I would drive a fwd car

XJ.

Considered them because theyre dirt cheap but I only know 2 people who owned them and they were both stupid unreliable

I have an S2000 and my winter bitch is an Outback.

Don't get a 240. First of all because 240s have now reached cult popularity the one that you find within budget will either be shit or something meticulously cared for that you'll be scared of driving. Ground clearance is also better on the Outback. Luxury is going to miles ahead on an Outback. I had it narrowed down to 3 (a 99, 03, and 05) and all had seated seats, leather, etc. for sub $5k.

It's the only car that I loved instantly. Even the S2000 took time, but as soon as I slipped in that heated leather and busted through the foot high virgin snow like it was nothing I just felt so at home.

Why not getting it rust proofed before each winter?

Or does that not work?

I hope so, I just rustproofed my AW11 in hopes of it not getting eaten by salt.

its hard finding one thats not beat to shit or rusted to shit, but if you find a good one and take care of it, it'll take care of you :^)

So far foresters and outbacks have been on the top of my list actually. Only downside is they're hard to find stick. Id settle for a auto but id need to get it on a good deal
You can never 100% rust proof it. It helps slow it down but winter after winter the salt will get to it.

NSX

>not tercel

Understandable. It took a while to find mine and I got incredibly lucky with it. I'd shoot for a 90s Outback from back when people weren't complete shit and would row their own gears. Other than that you pretty much just have to get lucky enough to find a like-minded soul.

G35

This is my 2nd one, and neither have given me any major problems. My old one had 153k on it and had a CEL for an EVAP leak, but other than that it ran great. My current one has 191k and has a CEL that comes and goes for a misfire, and it needs a couple swaybar bushings, but other than that it's fine. If you take the time to find one that's in decent shape and you look it over well, I don't think you'll have any major problems. Even if you do, just run it into the ground then sell it for parts. That's what I intend to do with mine.

Pic related. Smashed it into a big ass rock underwater in the woods doing about 15mph and blew my tire. No damage to the Jeep itself, didn't even need an alignment. My old one I ran over an open manhole doing about 40mph in, and it just needed a new wheel and tire. No alignment or anything either.

Any Subaru will do well in the snow. Plenty decent ones for 3-5k, at least manically. They get beat up because everyone drives them in the winter so it'd hard to find one that's in great shape

So tercel then

I'm so fucking glad it doesn't snow here

Suzuki Aerio or SX4. Absolutely awesome AWD wagons that are dirt cheap compared to any other make.

to be honest i'd ditch the s2000 for a 4wd tercel

>white lifted XJ from Massachusetts
what the fuck r u me

civic faggot. awd is a meme. just get snow tires.

I want one so bad but dont want to deal with 4AC carburetor bull shit again.
Pic related was my FX.

I can't say for sure that I'm not. You going to Mud n Guts on Oct 1st?

As others and you have said, just get a fucking sube

For cheap shitbox I'd say a 2.2l AWD Impreza for max reliability, pic relate

I got an '01 forester 5MT for $3100 in great shape, and that's with everyone in Colorado treating Subarus like they're made of gold

sp00ked but im not sure atm, plans and what not but i went last year

There was a Mud n Guts last year? Maybe you're thinking of Mudfest. This is a fundraiser for a kid with Crohn's disease on some private property in Assonet.

>Crohn's disease and kids
Damn thats a great scam to make quick bucks.
Kid wont die or anything. Just has a bloody turd if he deviates from his diet. FFS i cant believe people gave them money.
Hahahahaha

Don't do this OP people will think you're a school shooter

>doesn't know FWD shreds snow
lmao when i see Ford Rangers sliding around like faggots and i'm doing 55-60 and overtaking people in blizzards

desu i have no clue where/what it was, i tagged along with my buddy and just chilled

Fuck off. You're an idiot.

hardtop miata

Just because you guys had your moms Corolla handed down to you doesn't mean I have to suffer the same fate

>BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FWD EXISTS WOE BETIDE ME
Literally only autists care.
If you driver a Crown Victoria I'm going to literally cry from laughter.

Just get an early-2000's Outback wagon. It's boring as fuck, but it fits your criteria pretty well.

Jeez, these triggered FF cucks are in full force tonite.

God these are depressing, it feels like summer's just started. Now I'm going to have to be dealing this this bullshit for the next 7 to 8 months.

>gets btfo by erry1
>oh just ff cucks
litteraly lmao

You misspelled Cappuccino.

Whats so depressing about AWD wagons senpai?

OP, pay no heed to the FWD cucks.

You need a 4 Runner. If SHTF, you can also tow your S2000 with a dolly.

such a stupid meme...

People actually believe snow tires will help a light weight RWD convertible in the snow.

kek. Must be people who never see snow.

It actually does. Only because the car wouldn't move at all without them. But I've done quite a few winters and even ice racing on snow tires and had a blast. Only got stuck a handful of times lol

>winter daily
>rwd

Why do you start threads if you have no idea what you're talking about?

Lets hear your recommendation big guy

Why do you comment on threads when you have no idea what you're talking about

I have all season tires on my Supra and with two sand bags in the hatch, it does great in the snow.

If you know the car and know how it drives and how to drive, a RWD is perfectly fine. Just don't be an asshat and think you're invincible.

>go to craigslist
>search for price between $1000 and $3000
>pick whichever rusted out shitbox that still runs strikes your fancy
>you now have a winter DD

A Honda 2000 CRV EX AWD with manual transmission can be had for around $3k.

Good aftermarket because people mod them in everyway (lowered and lifted)

Comes with a B20B engine, so it has potential for some fun.